About Mount Opera
Situated at a distance of 40 Kms from the city centre, Mount Opera theme park happens to be one of the most favorite places for kids and teenagers in Hyderabad. The park is situated on the Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway close to Ramoji Film City. The park is spread over an area of 55 acres and it has been one of the most premium offering to the visitors in Hyderabad.
The water and amusement park is located at the top of a hill and it offers amazing rides and slides to the visitors to get spoiled starting from the Jumping Frogs to Thrillarium and from Ferris Wheel to Columbus. The park has facilities for rain dance and boating tours. If you do not like outdoor activities, you can relish on the wide range of indoor activities like Billiards, Carrom, Tennis, Chess, etc.
The water sports complex has an open area theatre that can hold as much as 1500 individuals at a single time. The theatre is mainly used for organising children programs and skits. The park has got enough accommodation facilities as well for tourists wishing to spend a night in this amazing fun filled place. Apart from just staying in this atmosphere, tourists can also use Sauna Massage Centres and Bodyline Gymnasium. The Mount Opera water park has some of the best in-house food joints inside the park to serve you amazing and mouth watering delicacies.
How to Reach Mount Opera
The distance between Mount Opera Water Park and the airport is about 27 Km. However, it takes more than 50 minutes to reach the park. This is because of the jam-packed traffic conditions of Hyderabad.
You will need to drive through the NH 44 to reach the famous amusement park in the city. In order to reach the park from the airport, you can choose to hire a cab or else travel by public transport. If you are new to Hyderabad, then it would be better to hire a cab that can drop you at the desired location without any inconveniences.
Best Time to Visit Mount Opera
There is no best time to visit this amazing fun-filled destination in Hyderabad. You can come here at any time of the year and spend some time away from the chaotic day to day life. However, most of the tourists come here in between the months of October and March.
This is the period in which the climate of Hyderabad remains moderate and it is considered to be the best time to visit the city. Hyderabad is known to receive scorching heat the rest of the year.
What Not to Miss at Mount Opera
Rides and Attraction at Mount Opera
The Mount Opera water sports complex is spread over an area of 55 acres and happens to be a special tourism unit of Hyderabad. It is home to some of the quality offerings in terms of water and adventure rides. The park is situated at the top of the hill, and this makes for a great sight of the picturesque scenic beauty.
The attractions in the complex of the water park are not only limited to rides and games, but the park also has open-air theatres, boating facilities, party destinations, accommodation facilities, massage parlours, multi cuisine restaurants, and whatnot. The rides are made much more enjoyable by the inclusion of some special surprises. You and your kids will definitely have a great time exploring this amusement park. Some of the major rides available in the park include:
1. Columbus- Columbus is one of the much loved attractions in the amusement park. Tourists love to spend time in this activity. This ride will certainly be exhilarating and adrenaline pumping for all the adventure seekers.
2. Striking Cars- Striking cars is one of the activities in the amusement park for small children and teenagers. This activity is for crazy drivers who can sit in one car and bump into others without getting hurt. You can literally relish some of your favourite hollywood movie sequence.
3. Bungee Jumping- If you are someone who loves adrenaline rush and is not afraid of flying, then bungee jumping is the best adventure sport for you to try in Mount Opera Amusement Park. You will be given proper lessons and training before the actual jumping.
4. Boating- Mount Opera offers amazing boating opportunities to visitors inside the park. The cost of boating for two is only INR 90. You can spend some time in the afternoon boating in the middle of the serene setting.
5. Open-air theatres- The water park complex has an open air theatre that has a seating capacity of about 1500. The open air theatre is mainly used for cultural programs inside the park and children programs.
Places to Visit near Mount Opera
1. Ramoji Film City- Ramoji Film City is a home for all the cinema lovers in India. This film city happens to be the largest film city in the whole world and it was set up by Ramoji Roa in the year 1991. The film city is spread over an area of almost 2500 acres and can cater to 20 film shooting units at a particular time.
Apart from just being a film shooting studio, it is one of the most visited places of tourist interest in Hyderabad. Some of the widely known shooting locations of Ramoji Film City are Hollywood signage, London Street, Japanese gardens, landscapes, buildings, airport hospital and the list continues.
2. Chowmahalla Palace- Chowmahalla palace was once upon a time the seat of the Asaf Jahi dynasty and the in the present times, it is one of the most treasured parts of the history in the state capital Hyderabad. The palace is known for its amazing architecture and massive courtyards. The palace is still under the ownership of the heirs of Nizama and is an imposing place to spend time.
When you step at the palace, you will definitely fall in love with the amazing artwork on the domes, windows, and arches. The palace is ornamented with a number of fountains and lush green gardens. The present-day palace preserves the clock tower, Roshan Bangla, council halls and the most famous car collections, which displays some of the unique vehicles of those times.
3. Golconda Fort- Golconda fort is considered to be the next big attraction of Hyderabad after the famous Charminar. This age-old fort was constructed in the 16th century and it was the place where the famous Kohinoor diamond was once placed. The best time to be at this place in the afternoons. You can relish the light and sound show every evening in the middle of this mammoth architectural marvel of India.
Other Essential Information About Mount Opera
- Location: The Mount Opera water sports complex is located at Batasingaram, Hyderabad, Telangana. The water park can be reached via the highway connecting Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
- Timing: The Mount Opera water park is open from 10:30 AM in the morning to 6:00 PM in the evening.
Price: INR 425 per Adult
INR 330 per Child
INR 150 per Senior Citizen
Water world at Mount Opera
The water world in Mount Opera is considered to be one of the most loved attractions in the city of Hyderabad. The water world offers a number of opportunities for tourists coming from all over India and abroad. You can go down the memory lane and relive your wonderful childhood days with the countless water rides and attractions. The water world has a dedicated changing room.
As per the rules and regulations of the park, you need to change to the provided nylon clothes before stepping into the water. This is compulsory for all the tourists and visitors. You can purchase the nylon clothes from the counter by paying 100 INR. If you don't want to buy the nylon clothes, you can rent them from the same counter for 50 INR. Here are some of the water rides that are available for all in the water world of Mount Opera:
1. Rain dance floor- Rain Dance Floor is a place for dancing with the drizzle of rain water. This place happens to be one of the most favorite place for youth and adults. You can dance to your favourite tunes with your accompanies getting wet in the artificial rain water.
2. Kids pool- The kids pool are especially designed for kids and teenagers. The depth of the pool is kept less and additional precautions have also been taken in order to safeguard the kids playing in the pool.
3. Blue Lagoon- Blue Lagoon is a place where you can jump into with all your family members and spend time in some playful activities. This is specially designed for large families who come to visit the water park.
4. Wave Pool- Wave pool is yet another water activity that you can relish in Mount Opera water park. Wave pool is much adored by kids and teenagers. Your kids can spend time swimming and playing some water games.
5. Disco Dance Floor- If you love dancing, then this is the place in Mount Opera water park, where you can dance with your loved ones on some fast beat songs.
Places to stay in Mount Opera
Mount Opera is not only a place for amusement rides and water activities, but it is also a place for weekend getaways with your family members. There is an ample amount of accommodation facilities for different kinds of tourists. You will fall in love with the countryside scenic beauty. A stay in this hill resort will be a once in a lifetime experience. If you are someone who adores excitement in the wilderness of the wild hilly territory, then there will be a no better option to stay other than the cottages in the middle of the jungle.
All this has been developed in order to give you a sense of stillness by the side of nature and below the clouds. On the other hand, there are more than a few upmarket stays that offer you with all the bells and whistles. Here are some of the different kinds of stays you can choose to stay in the course of your visit to the Mount Opera Water and amusement park:
1. Deluxe Cottages- The Mount Opera Water and Amusement Park offers amazing cottages for visitors to stay in their course of visit to this fun filled place. The cottages are of various types starting from deluxe to execute class.
2. Hotel Sitara- Hotel Sitara is one of the accommodations available in the nearby Ramoji Film City. The hotel is just about 4 km from Mount Opera Water Park. Most of the tourists who visit Mount Opera Water Park also wish to spend time in the nearby film city.
3. Hotel Athithi Grand- Hotel Athithi Grand is yet another place that you can choose for your stay near the Mount Opera Water and Amusement Park. This place has got all the top notch facilities and amenities. You will love the place for its serene setting.
4. Hotel VJR- The hotel is located opposite to Ramoji film city and is just 400 metres away from Mount Opera park. This stay offers all the amenities to the visitors starting free wifi to laundry services and from deluxe services to free valet parking.
5. Hotel Tara- Hotel Tara is located at a distance of 6 km from Mount Opera water and amusement park. This stay offers deluxe and executive accommodation to tourists with all modern facilities starting from free wifi, swimming pool access, breakfast, and free valet parking.
Places to Eat in Mount Opera
The amusement park offers a wide range of culinary choices for the tourists visiting this amazing location in Hyderabad. Inside the complex, there are a number of restaurants that not only offer authentic Indian cuisines but also offer various other international cuisines starting from Continental and Chinese. You will definitely fall in love with the options that you get inside the park.
At the time of registering entry into the park, you can also choose from the wide range of theme tours that include various vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. The most loved packages in the amusement park are weekend packages and seasonal packages. It is considered best to book a package and then start touring inside the park without worrying about anything. Some of the well-curated places to dine out with your loved near and dear ones in the Mount Opera water and amusement park are as follows:
1. Omar Khayyam restaurant- Omar Khayyam is a multi cuisine restaurant inside the mount opera water sports complex. The restaurant offers amazing mouth-watering Indias, Chinese, and Continental cuisines. You will love the ambiance of the place and also the quality of service.
2. Dolphin restaurant- Dolphin Restaurant is a family restaurant that serves amazing Indian food. Tourists love to come to this place for its amazing tasting delicacies at an affordable pricing.
3. Lotus Coffee Shop- If you want to unwind yourself in a lounge with your loved near and dear ones, then the Lotus Coffee Shop is the best place. This place serves you with a wide range of menu to rejuvenate your soul and relax your body after the tiring activities at the Mount Opera amusement park.
4. Galaxy Roof Top- The Galaxy rooftop restaurant offers you amazing opportunities to dine out with your family amidst a wonderful ambiance on top of the terrace. You will love having some of the delicious Indian and Chinese cuisines here.
5. Zam Zam Family Dhaba- This family dhaba is located on the NH59 near Mount Opera water and amusement park. The food offered in this dhaba is just mouth-watering and you will get a wide range of tandoor items here.