About Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
A delight for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, the Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is one of the most prominent getaway settings in the city of Hyderabad. This historic park was constructed in the year 1975 as a tribute to a great saint and reviewer of the Jain religion, Saint Mahavir.
The beautiful park is spread across an astounding 15 kms and carried a wide spread of exotic fauna and alluring flora species. The park is well maintained and is developed perfectly for a peaceful tour.
This is depicted in the parks facilities that include various canteen, washroom, viewing tower facilities. The park authorities also provided travellers with a tour of the entire park in a safari ride. The ride is filled with loads of fun and excitement, very much enjoyed with families including kids.
Additionally, one of the most common activities that visitors enjoy here is bird watching. Yes, the places is encapsulated with a number of exotic birds, some common, some migrating from various other regions.
From endangered animals like the Black Buck Deer to leafy neem trees spread across in acres, the park has some much to explore and can easily be an excuse for a fascinating weekend getaway trip. The drive to the forest is also soothing and follows beautiful landscapes.
Restaurants and cafes also reside in the vicinity of the park. In short, Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is spot on for an exciting getaway site for all.
How to Reach Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
The distance between Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is about 44 km. Visitors can book a cab from the airport to the park which will take them about 45 minutes to reach. Travelers can also choose to take the bus but it won't be a direct journey. Travelers will require to change buses at LB Nagar and Bhagyalatha followed by a 15-minute walk to the park. This is although cost-effective but can take up to 2 hours.
Best Time to Visit Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
The best time to enjoy a great time at Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is between the months of October and February. The temperature around this time in the area is perfect for an outdoor activity like exploring the enormous Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park. Visitors can also enjoy spotting a number of birds and animals around this time.
What Not to Miss at Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
Places to visit near Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
1. Chowmahalla Palace : An ancient, Persian style establishment built for the Nizams of Hyderabad, Chowmahalla Palace also known as Chowmahallat is an estate of Barkat Ali Khan Mukarram Jah. Built in the 1880s, the place provides an excellent opportunity for historians and visitors to explore the ancient cultures of the city.
2. Nehru Zoological Park : A wonderful place for families, especially kids, the Nehru Zoological Park holds a number of artifacts and sculptures of Dinosaurs, reptiles and more. It is also appreciated for its vast collection of a number of monkeys, rhinos, elephants among others. Visitors can also enjoy regular Safari rides at the park.
3. Charming : Historic and immensity popular, Charminar exemplifies the city of Hyderabad. The mosque cum monument was built in 1591 and stands at an astounding 184 feet. Surrounded by an alive market area, the place is a must visit for travelers. There are also a number of festivities and events that are celebrated here at Charminar and visitors can relish these amazing experiences too.
4. NTR Gardens : Encapsulated in the richness of gorgeous grassland and tropics, the NTR garden provides a calm and soothing atmosphere for visitors to relish some peaceful time. The park is also in the vicinity of the mesmerizing Hussain Sagar Lake. Visits can enjoy various activities here including reading upon some delicious food and jogging.
Other Essential Information About Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
Location: Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National, 2/B, National Highway 65, 9, Vanasthalipuram Rd, Dwarakamai Nagar Colony, Auto Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500070
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PMPrice: INR 10 per person.
Flora and Fauna at Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
The Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is widely appreciated for its vibrant collection of flora and fauna. Ranging from the endangered Black Buck Deer to the depleting species of Cheetahs the park holds some of the rarest and most endangered wildlife creatures.
Additionally, visitors can spot creatures from a variety of snakes, monitor lizards, wild boars to crocodiles, and porcupine to name a few. Also, in the park dwells a blend of various bird species including 8 diverse migrating birds.Peacocks, vultures, doves, errands are some examples of these majestic creatures bird watchers will be delighted to spot.
Places to Eat near Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
1.The Food Park Restaurant : Curled up in the density of the tropics, the food park restaurant delivers not just great food but also a giant area for kids to play and enjoy various rides. The restaurant is acknowledged for its authentic regional cuisines apart from other Indian and Chinese options.
2. Prime Pista Houz : Known for a healthy environment and friendly staff, the Prime Pista Houz is one of the closest restaurants to the park and serves scrumptious meals without putting any strain on your pockets. The place is also open till late night, helps night owls to grab a quick meals. Civil with delicious food, the Prime Pista Houz is a must visit.
3. Blue Fox : Seving a rich variety of Indian, Chinese and other international dishes, Blue Fox is a restaurant perfect for both solo and group travelers. The place also holds a bar and delivers a good variety of Indian and International alcoholic beverages. Best for quick meals and drinks, Blue Fox is one option to be considered for dining near the national park.4. Pappadams : Vibrant atmosphere, ample space and delicious Indian cuisines is everything Pappadams has to offer. Additionally, visitors can also enjoy a variety of fast food here too. Perfect for both family and friends, the place is a must visit.
Tips to Follow at Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
1. Carry enough food and water: Spread across 15km the Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is encapsulated with a variety of flora and fauna but not enough food and water stalls or court. Hence, it is better to carry enough snacks and water to stay active and hydrated.
2. Wear shoes: The park is rugged and the land is filled with tons of stones and pieces from various trees, hence, you should always wear shoes.
3. Visit on time: To explore the park in its entirety you'll need a good amount of time in your hands. Start your exploration early and you'll be able to spot many wildlife creatures. Safari rides can also help you scour the park to it's depths.
4. Carry Enough Cash: Ther aren't a lot of ATM's around the park and most of the vendors here deal in cash. So, make sure you carry ample liquid money with you.
5. Wear Suitable Clothes: The temperatures can really spike during the summer season and you should be prepared for high humidity too. Wear loose and comfortable clothes and apply a lot of skin protection too.
6. Enjoy Morning Walk: On the pavement just outside the park there is ample space for localities to jog and walk, if you are early enough, you'll be able to enjoy the melodious voice of peacocks.