Hyderabad is a blend of different religions and cultures. It is thus important to ensure that you do not offend anyone with your clothing. Wherever you go just make sure that you are decently dressed, especially if you are a woman. In certain part of the city (especially Old Hyderabad), the manner you dress sends out a message on the type of person you might be. In general, you can wear tops, suits, T shirts and jeans. Strictly avoid mini skirts or shorts.
Bring mosquito repellants, you’ll need it here.
If you see signs of ‘No Photography’, don’t take pictures there.
Beware of buying branded shoes, clothing or accessory from the street shops. They are 99% fake.
Once you are in the old city, beware of the pick pockets and the dogs especially during the night hours.
Travel with an escort when going around during night hours.
Avoid eating at wayside eateries. The food here can be really spicy which might not go well with people who have a delicate system.
Monkeys here get really wild sometimes. Do not flash food around the monkeys.
Don’t buy, sell or use narcotics.
Carry a photo copy of your important documents like passport, license, ID proof, etc.
Some areas are considered unsafe for foreigners here. Avoid going there!
Bring some essential medicines from home.
- Avoid eating in an empty restaurant.
The legal age for drinking in Hyderabad is 21 years. It may be possible that you may have to show an ID card before buying alcohol.
It is an archaic fort towering the Hyderabad city. Built on a 400 feet hill in mud, it is one of the top historical sites to visit in Hyderabad
. The fort ruins here have seen the reign of several dynasties. It is situated approximately 11 km from the commercial and urbanized Hyderabad.
Char Minar is the signature attraction of the Hyderabad city. Located centrally, it is indeed a breathtaking site. Surrounded by the Mecca masjid, Char Minar is built using the same bricks from Laad Bazaar and Mecca. It was constructed in the year 1591 so as to celebrate the birth of Hyderabad and also with a hope to be able to ward off the epidemic that had surfaced in the Golconda region of Hyderabad. Built by Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah, Char Minar has a mosque and 45 different prayer spaces.
Qutub Shahi Tombs
One of the most beautiful places of Hyderabad
is Qutub Shahi Tombs. It is nestled against the backdrop of the breathtaking Ibrahim Bagh. This also represents the last resting ground of the rulers of the first dynasty of the city.
Mecca Masjid or Makka Masjid holds a distinct position in India. It is not just the oldest mosque of the city but is also one of the biggest mosque of the country. The mosque was built using the soil that was imported from Mecca. This is how it derives its name.
Shri Jagannath Temple
It is a modern day temple that is built by the Oriya community residing in Hyderabad. The temple houses statues of Jagannath and his siblings Devi Subhadra and Lord Balabhadra. It is a replica of the original temple in Puri yet attracts devotees from across the country.
Birla Mandir has an architectural style inspired from South India and Odisha. It is embellished with some of the epic scenes from Holy Mahabharata and Ramayana that are articulately sculpted in white marble.
Ramoji Film City
People here love its Tollywood so much that it owns one of the biggest filming studios in the world. Spread across an area of 2000 acres, it is indeed worth a tour.
Hyderabad basically is the place that employees all the IT geeks. It is known to be the second best Silicon Valley in the country. Offices of companies like Google, Microsoft and Facebook can be found here.
Hyderabad is simply not ready to let go off its history? This can be well seen in the styles and architecture of the monuments and the houses. Hyderabad is one of the only few cities that has kept its roots intact regardless of the immense growth.
Hyderabad may have a lot of dust but you cannot complain about the roads. The roads are wide and make driving slightly comfortable.
Irani, Chai, Hyderabadi Biryani and Haleen are just few of the many things that can entice your taste buds in Hyderabad. You can find just about every type of cuisine right from fine dining to fast dining in Hyderabad.
Traditions and Events
Hyderabad’s necklace road is the key witness to some of the most significant events and festivities here. Ganesh Chaturthi is way better than Diwali here. The best part is, all major and minor festivals are made grand here.
Both street and high end shopping is easy accessible in Hyderabad. You simply cannot escape the Charminaar bazaar for the pearls.
Hyderabadi language needs no introduction. Hindi speaking community may not have a problem here. Just add a wackier dialect to Hindi and you are sorted.
Nightlife in Hyderabad is absolutely thrilling. People here work hard and party harder!
If you feel that beaches are outdated, try out the lakes in Hyderabad. They are great for a romantic evening and a family picnic.
Hyderabad in Five Colors
To enjoy a holiday at any place, pleasant climate is a must for a convenient stay. Hyderabad is rather hot most of the year, hence you must have a look at the best time to visit this city.
- To enjoy a pleasant holiday at Hyderabad, the best time to visit Hyderabad is amid the winters.
- With monsoons and sweaty summers, Hyderabad is reasonable to visit just during the long stretches of October to March.
- Along these lines, it is advised to stay away from this place from May to June.
Being one of the major cities in India, Hyderabad is well connected to all parts of India. The city has its own airport and has frequent flight connections. Hyderabad’s railway station is a one of the junctions and there are frequent trains to all parts of the country.
- By Air - Located 22 km from the city the Rajiv Gandhi international airport is outstanding in the nation. There is a non-stop flight availability from numerous countries.
- By Road - There are metros which connect Hyderabad city. The administration and private transports like buses provide extravagant and standard administrations from all the neighboring States.
- By Rail - Hyderabad is all around associated by rail system to all parts of India. There are three noteworthy railroad stations serving the city - Secunderabad, Hyderabad and Kachiguda railroads stations.
Strongholds and palaces have been a characteristic of Hyderabad city. Tourists from all across the world visit these places.
- Chowmahalla Palace - The Chowmahalla Palace that was at one time the official living arrangement of the Nizams is one such royal residence that clarifies the impact and engineering taste of the Hyderabadi rulers.
- Golconda Fort - For quite a few years, this fastidiously outlined castle facilitated terrific festivals, saw a few notable happening events and made an unmistakable sign of the eminence of the Nizams. Hyderabad's most great sight, this fantastic fortress lies on the western edge of town.
- Charminar - Charminar is the most imperative milestone in the city of Hyderabad. This architectural beauty got its name as it is comprised of four minarets.
- Ramoji Film City - Ramoji Film City is one of the main shooting spots of India that pulls in a huge number of individuals consistently because of its one of a kind and lovely sets.
You can enjoy a pleasant and luxurious stay in one the best resorts in Hyderabad. This city has a variety of choices, in terms of the type and budget of the resort you would like to choose.
- Golkonda resort and spa - One of the resorts in Hyderabad which is an epitome of luxury. Golkonda resort and spa has an epic experience of its own.
- Price for two- 10,000 to 12,000 INR (150-180 USD).
- Lahari resort - A beautiful resort in Bhanoor Hyderabad is full of amenities.
- Price for two- 5000 to 7000 INR (75-110 USD).
- Palm exotica - One of the finest resorts of Hyderabad, the Palm exotica with price worthy rooms would be one the best choices of resorts.
- Price for two- 6000 to 8000 INR (85-130 USD).
- Vivanta by Taj Begumpet - A luxurious resort with extravagant interiors will ensure a pleasant stay for you and your loved ones.
- Price for two- 9000 to 12000 INR (140-180 USD).
- Taj Krishna resort - A resort with a serene ambience is the one to opt for when you you desire all the amenities and generous hospitality during your stay in Hyderabad.
- Price for two- 5000 to 8000 INR (75-130 USD).
Touring Hyderabad city is truly simple by different transports like bus, cabs, auto rickshaw and trains. Similar to other Indian major cities, Hyderabad has a lot of traffic. Now that they have new flyovers in the city, traffic movement clogs have decreased to a certain degree.
- By Bus - This city is well connected by buses that take you to various parts of the city. Bus transport stops are available in various places of Hyderabad.
- By Rail - Aside from being the speediest medium to go to a place, it is additionally least expensive to travel by means of trains.
- By Auto rickshaws -Rickshaws are less expensive method of transport in contrast with a taxicab.
- By Cab - One of the most convenient modes of transport is a private vehicle. To get away from the heat, you can procure a prepaid taxi or a private taxicab to tour the city.
Hyderabad offers a lot of places for all shopping enthusiasts. You can enjoy shopping a variety of stuff in the city of Sultans. A few of the best places for shopping are,
- Koti Sultan Bazar - This place is famous for its fashionable clothing available.
- Begum Bazaar - A place to shop all utility products like crockery, household decorative items and cosmetics.
- Nampally - Popular for shopping shoes, jewellery and good bags.
- Laad Bazaar - Shop pretty bangles in this bazaar along with exquisite sarees and dress materials.
Your trip would be incomplete without trying the local cuisine of Hyderabad. The delicacies here are famous throughout the world today.
- Hyderabadi Biryani - A rice dish with a blend of Indian spices is popular in the entire world today is a must to try when you visit Hyderabad.
- Mirchi ka Saalan - If you love spicy food, Mirchi ka Salad will activate all your taste buds in one bite.
- Keema Samosa - A famous snack made up of mashed Mutton and spices.
- Boti Kebab - This delicious dish is cooked by marinating Mutton and is a must have for all the non-vegetarian lovers.
The princely state of Hyderabad has a lot of historic monuments. This city is rich in its history and culture.
- Chowmahalla Palace - The Chowmahalla Palace, was at one time the official living game plan of the Nizams. It is once such imperial living arrangement that displays the effect and building taste of the Hyderabadi rulers.
- Golconda Fort - For many years, this demandingly plot manor encouraged fantastic celebrations, saw a couple of remarkable incident occasions and made an unmistakable indication of the distinction of the Nizams. Hyderabad's most incredible sight, this fabulous stronghold lies on the western edge of town.
- Charminar - Charminar is the most basic point of reference in the city of Hyderabad. This structural excellence got its name as it is involved four minarets.
A trip can be profoundly exciting if there is some adventure to it. Hyderabad city offers a lot of adventure activities for all age groups.
- Great Hyderabad Adventure Club - Established in May 2008, GHAC is the first adventure club here and offers activities like Trekking, Camping, Hiking, Bird watching etc.
- Adventure Camp - This club offers a lot of camping trips and other adventure activities.
- Bicycling Club of Hyderabad - Cycling enthusiasts must enjoy a cycle ride in this Club.
There are many mesmerising hill stations near Hyderabad and these must be on you travel list when you visit this city.
- Ananthagiri Hills - Ananthagiri slopes in Hyderabad is one of the most loved trekking goals for the adventurous travellers.
- Nagarjuna Sagar - Appreciate the stunning perspective of the dam encompassed by three mountains and the streams. Take a boating trip to the island in Nagarjunakonda valley arranged between the Nagarjunakonda Mountains.
- Horsley Hills - With naturalistic beauty, the Horsley hills have a spectacular view from the top.
- Srisailam - A religious place close Hyderabad, this place guarantees a phenomenal drive to the holy temples and the caverns.
Hyderabad has some perfect locations for corporate trips.
- Dream Valley Resort - Leave on a fun and unwinding day excursion in Dream Valley Resort with your friends and family to make those recollections that are in a state of harmony with nature.
- Summer Green Resort - The multi-useful feel offices accessible are the feature of the resort. Be it meeting rooms or feast administrations, expect the best.
- Button eye Resort - Unwind at the Button Eyes Resort in the midst of with your group. A gigantic mix of class offices and recreation roads, it is among the good corporate gathering excursion puts in Hyderabad.
To add a thrilling experience to your holiday, you must visit the amusement parks in Hyderabad.
- Snow world - An ideal spot to beat the hot climate of summer, Snow world has lot of activities for each and everybody.
- Jalavihar - It is a water stop for family amusement with a great deal of fascinating entertainment choices for the two grown-ups and kids.
- Wonderla Amusement Park - This basically is not only an entertainment park, but rather a universe of amazing appeal. It’s a place that offers huge marvels.
Experience the glory of Hyderabad by taking a heritage walking tour. These tours are one the best ways to explore the city’s culture and heritage. The 2 hours walking tours around the city will give you an insight of the rich history here. Here is the itinerary for the Heritage walk tours in Hyderabad.
- Charminar to Chowmahalla Palace
- Charminar to Badshahi Ashurkhana
- Charminar to Purani Haveli
- State Central Library to City College
Hyderabad has some picturesque temples where you can spend a peaceful time, as the energy in these holy places is so divine. When you visit these temples, you will also get acquainted with India’s religious culture and traditions.
- Birla Temple - Constructed in the 19th century by Swami of Ramakrishna Mission, this beautiful temple is 200 ft high and is one of the most beautiful temples in Hyderabad.
- Jagannath Temple - With contemporary designed Indian architecture, this temple is dedicated to Lord Jagannath.
- Shyam Temple - In this beautiful temple thousands of devotees flock and it is dedicated to Lord Shyam who is believed to be an incarnation of the Hindu God Krishna.
Hyderabad is also abundant in enchanting lakes where you can experience serenity at dawn or dusk.
- Hussain Sagar Lake - This picturesque lake connects the cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It is located 2 kms from the Hyderabad city.
- Himayat Sagar Lake - Located at a distance of 20 kms from Hyderabad city, this lake is perfect for an early morning stroll.
- Osman Sagar Lake - Located at a distance of 30 minutes from Hyderabad, this lake is artificially made and has a beautiful scenic view. Experience the cool breeze as you walk by this lake.
If you wish for a weekend getaway, then Hyderabad has a lot to offer. You can have an amazing time in these locations and unwind before you get back to work again.
- Hampi - The most captivating piece of this town is that it is situated inside the remaining parts of Vijayanagara. There is a considerable measure of Hindu sanctuaries in Hampi, which you can visit for some genuine feelings of serenity.
- Kurnool - Kurnool can be reached to in a little more than three hours from Hyderabad. Taking a trek to this delightful place is a great thought.
- Badami - Badami is a blend of greenery and great rocks. It is most prominently known for the four temples, which all consist of extravagant architectural design. The Agastya Lake here is a characteristic wonder and you can essentially take a seat and lose yourself as you gaze at it.