About Osman Sagar
The Osman Sagar lake is located on the outskirts of the town of Hyderabad. Osman Sagar, being a famous tourist destination, is gaining immense popularity as a humble abode for locals as well as tourists. Locally, the lake is more popular by the name of Gandipet. The lake is spread across an area of 46 square km and has been a popular abode for tourists since a long time. The artificial lake is a sight of scenic beauty, where a number of locals and tourists arrive to be enchanted by the sheer abundance of natural allure.
You will find a number of snack vendors doing business, selling hot snacks and tea around the lake. The lake is surrounded by parks and lawns, which are maintained with grandeur, to match the natural beauty of the lake. Consequently, this location has become a hot spot for picnics and fun activities among the people visiting this lake.
When visiting the Osman Lake, also remember to check out the Sagar Mahal, which is a popular summer retreat and commonly chosen by visitors for residence. Osman Sagar. You will also find a number of low cost cottages lined along the lake, which serve as resting ground for the travellers.
There are a number of facilities available at the site for the comfort of the guests. You will find enough options to purchase food, bathroom, facilities, and accommodation, if you wish to stay for a longer duration. The Osman lake is a wonderful sight for nature lovers and adventure lovers.
How to Reach Osman Sagar
One can head from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad to Gandipet in Hyderabad via a hired cab, or metered vehicle. The distance can be covered via the following routes:
1. NH 44 which takes 51 minutes of time and covers a distance of 32.8 km
2. Airport approach road and NH 44 which takes 51 minutes of time and covers a distance of 32.3 km.
3. Nehru Outer Ring road which takes 33 minutes and covers a distance of 25.3 km.
4. One can find many local vehicles outside the airport to take them to the Osman lake. Make sure to negotiate the fare in advance.
Best Time to Visit Osman Sagar
1. June to October: During this time, the monsoon season is in full fledge and this is the time when you will find the best weather conditions to enjoy your trip to the lake. At this time, the clean and fresh surroundings give a clear view of the lake.
2. November to January: The weather at this time is quite cold and might not be best for visiting the lake.
3. February to May: The weather at this time is also favourable in case you wish to plan a visit to the lake at this time. The temperature can soar up during the noon time though.
What Not to Miss at Osman Sagar
Places to Visit near Osman Sagar
1. Ocean Park: This theme park is a popular destination in Telangana and is located almost 15 km away from Hyderabad. This water theme park is spread across an area of 20 acres and houses many amusement rides and water sports activities. Also popular here is the rain dance, break dancing and the food court, which offers a variety of cuisines.
2. Mrigavani Wildlife Park: This wildlife and adventure destination is spread across an area of 700 acres and is home to more than 500 species of flora. At the same time, this park is also home to 20 unique species of fauna including Civet Cats, Hares, porcupines and more. For the entertainment of travellers, there is a reading room, and an auditorium. Cottage style accommodation is also available at the park. You can also be a part of special camps which are organised by the forest department from July to February.
3. Taramati Baradari: This is a cherished tourist destination and regarded as a prized legacy of the city of Telangana. The display of architectural antiquity at this place is worthy of being visited at least once. The environs surrounding the structure and the gardens around the destination make a very impactful impression on the visitors.
4. Birla Mandir: A popular religious centre in Hyderabad, this alluring white marble complex is a thing of beauty that you must not miss. Housed within this temple is a planetarium, where regular shows are run and might give you the perfect setting to feel cosmic.
5. Qutb Shahi tombs: One of the most popular sightseeing expeditions around the Osman Lake, this historic site gives an insight into the architectural excellence of ancient Indian rulers. The surrounding lawns around the tomb provide a resting area for the visitors, where children may also play.
Things to do at Osman Sagar
1. Create the perfect picnic setting with friends and family: Given the iconic views around the Osman Sagar lake, it will be an amazing way to spend a day with your loved ones. You could bring over a few knick knacks and sleeping bags to have a comfortable stay.
2. Take a round trip to the historical Golconda Fort: Another popular sightseeing historic site at the Khair complex, this fort is an exemplary display of medieval engineering. This fort dates back to the shahi dynasty from the 16th century. The fort is a collection of various temples, mosques, apartments and kitchens and rises 100 metres above the rest of the city. Choose a clear day to visit this fort, which gives the best views during that time.
3. Enjoy the beauty of the lake: This outdoor lake is a favourite among the locals. The Osman sagar lake, which is a man made beauty, happens to have become one of the most prominent landmarks in the city. The surrounding scenes and beauty around the lake are a sight to behold.
4. Walk around the lake: You can take a walk around the periphery of the lake to view its splendid beauty and surrounding hill slopes.
Other Essential Information About Osman Sagar
- Location: Gandipet Lake, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500075, India- Price: INR 5 per person
- Timing: Monday to Sunday; 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Places to Eat near Osman Sagar
1. Vetro: One of the most popular Italian style restaurants in Hyderabad, the place is popular for serving Italian, International Asia and Thai style food. Those who wish to eat only vegetarian food may also seek the option at the restaurant. The place has an attractive ambiance that tends to attract large crowds.
2. Yi Jing: Located in Knowledge city, this is one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Hyderabad, The place is popular for serving Chinese and Asian food along with vegetarian friendly, gluten free options and vegan options to its customers. The hospitality at the restaurant is at par.
3. Zega: This restaurant is located at the Sheraton at Hyderabad hotel. The most popular variety of foods served at the restaurant include Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai, and Soups. Some of the remarkable dishes served at the restaurant are lamb chops and cocktails.
4. Feast: Cherished by many for their exquisite Local cuisines, contemporary style food, Vegetarian options, India delicacies and halal variety, this is a must visit place if you are near Osman Sagar. Although it claims to be a casual dining restaurant, the vibrant décor and array of wine selection are a reason to exclaim and regard the uniqueness of this place.