About Sanjeevaiah Park
With its scenic beauty, endless green grounds, and a beautiful view of Hussain Sagar Lake, the Sanjeevaiah Park resides in the heart of Hyderabad. This place was named after the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Damodaram Sanjivayya. In 2010, Sanjeevaiah Park was awarded as the Best Open Landscape Award during Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage award presentations.
In addition to numerous leafy neighbourhoods, Sanjeevaiah Park is yet another green place of the city.
Spread over 92 acres, this place can be found along the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake. This place is a haven for nature lovers, with a staggering range of flora and fauna spread over the whole park. The park consists of an herbal park, rose park, a butterfly park, and much more. If you are lucky enough, then you might also spot some migratory birds. Also, the park has the second tallest Indian flag.
Currently, Sanjeevaiah park is managed by the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. Their initiative led to the installation of solar lighting in the park. Also, usage and littering of plastic were banned. The park has been an engaging spot for visitors and locals to participate in the necessary social awareness programs.
Apart from its beauty and green environment, Sanjeevaiah park has developed as an attractive tourist spot. Here’s a rundown of the details and things you should know before visiting this place!
How to Reach Sanjeevaiah Park
From the Airport
By metro – You can reach Sanjeevaiah park from the metro. You can choose to stop by Paradise Metro Station then take a taxi from there. The ride will take almost take an hour to reach.
By Taxi – You can hail a taxi and reach your destination. The airport provides taxi services at reasonable rates. The ride is safe and convenient.
By Bus – If you want to explore the local whereabouts of the city, you can take a bus too. Take B2 bus for Jubilee Bus Station and change another at A.C. Guards. The bus will take you to the Boat Club and from there you can take a walk to Sanjeevaiah Park. The ride will take almost 2 hours.
Best Time to Visit Sanjeevaiah Park
October to February – These months usually constitute the winter season in Hyderabad. Also, it is a really good time to visit if you want to avoid the scorching heat. This time is usually preferred by tourists to explore the niceties of this place.
March to May – The summers in Hyderabad usually occurs from March to May, the visit should be completely avoided during this time as the temperature can easily exceed 40 degrees Celsius. This time is not meant for tourists to explore Hyderabad.
June to September – During monsoons, from July to September, the weather can be quite unpredictable. It might rain heavily or not at all, also, sometimes it can get humid and sweaty.
What Not to Miss at Sanjeevaiah Park
Places to Visit near Sanjeevaiah Park
1. Necklace Road –
One of the busiest touristic places of the city, Necklace Road is situated right across the Hussain Sagar Lake. This place is lined up with restaurants, cafés, and recreational facilities. From day to night, this place is filled with tourists. Although, its view is at its finest at night!
2. Hussain Sagar Lake –
Famed as Asia’s largest artificial lake, Hussain Lake is a prominent tourist place of Hyderabad. The lake consists of Lord Buddha’s monolithic statue right in the centre. The lake is also popular for fish culture, water sports, and boat rides. You can enjoy the magnificent view from the Sanjeevaiah Park.
3. Jala Vihar –
Situated adjacent to Hussain Lake, Jala Vihar is spread over an area of 12.5 acres. It is known as the largest water amusement park in Hyderabad. This place is filled with enthralling water slides and watersports. Moreover, it has three beautiful party zones for parties and different occasions. You can visit this place for enjoying rain dance, indoor game zone, and an enormous food court.
4. Spanish Mosque –
Accommodating almost 3000 people at once, Spanish Mosque is situated under the premises of the Paigah Palace Begumpet in Hyderabad. This place is also famous as Masjid Iqbal Ud Daula or Jam e Masjid Aiwan-e-Begumpet. The striking Spaines architecture is one of the many lures of this place. The mosque has a church-like look owing to its design.
5. NTR Gardens –
Craving for more serene spots like Sanjeevaiah Park? Head to NTR Gardens. Situated adjacent to the Hussain Sagar Lake, this place is filled with bright blossoming plants and tall trees. The place consists of ornate lamp posts, water fountains, souvenir shop, toy train, restaurants, and much more.
6. Birla Mandir –
Located on the height of 280 ft at Naubat Pahad, Birla Mandir is built with Rajasthan’s infamous white marble. You can find several statues of Hindu deities across the temple. This place offers a pleasant serene atmosphere.
Other Essential Information About Sanjeevaiah Park
Location – The jewel of Hyderabad, Sanjeevaiah park is located on the Necklace Road of Hussain Sagar in Khairatabad.
Price – For visitors, the ticket’s price is INR 5, while, for joggers, the ticket’s price is INR 2. A monthly pass is also available of INR 50.
Timing – The park opens around 7 am and closes by 6 pm.
Places to Eat near Sanjeevaiah Park
1. Chili’s American Grill and Bar – Craving for some glorious sunset? Chili’s American is the place. You can explore the mouth-watering dishes and adore the scenic beauty of the Hussain Sagar Lake. This place is a full package of fun, food, and frolics.
2. Paradise Biryani – If you’re a fan of kebabs and Hyderabadi biryani, then you should consider focusing your food search on Paradise Biryani. Justifying its name, this place is a paradise for food lovers. Situated on Necklace Road, this place is one of Hyderabad’s significant food zones. Take your tribe and dig in!
3. Ohri’s Tansen – Missing the authentic taste of North Indian dishes? Head to Ohri’s Tansen. Visited a lot by foodies, the splendid view and live entertainment are icing on the cake. The electric atmosphere with entertainment is a place for the young at heart. The balmy winter’s breeze and energetic vibes will make your trip wholesome.
4. Meridian Café and Restaurant – One of the most luxurious places in Hyderabad, Meridian café and restaurant excels in international cuisines. Also, this place is known for its state-of-the-art interior and world-class services.
5. Kathmandu Momos – Looking for some tasty momos? Your search ends at Kathmandu Momos. The place is known as a chilled-out place till the wee hours in the night. Apart from the food, it is also known for its ambience and expertly crafted beverages. The stunning lights and chilled aura are the USP of this place. Filled with the young crowd, this place won’t disappoint you.
6. Onesta – Providing you with a plethora of options, Onesta offers delicious food, lake-side view, merry-go-round, warm ambience, and whatnot. Situated at the Necklace Road, it is one of the most happening places in Hyderabad.7. Verandah The Park – Looking for a tranquil getaway? Head to the Verandah. Located near the Sanjeevaiah park, this place provides one of the best food items in Hyderabad. Also, you can overlook the splashes of water and the twinkling skyline of the city from this place.
Tips for visiting Sanjeevaiah Park
1. Hyderabad’s temperature is mostly dry and hot. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen for protecting your skin.
2. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes to enjoy freely. The heat and hustle-bustle would require free and convenient clothing.
3. Carry a scarf with you to save yourself from the heat.
4. Take an extra water bottle with you and stay hydrated.
5. Don’t litter the garden. Plastic wrappers, bottles, or poly bags must not be left behind.
6. Carry mosquito repellent cream with you for avoiding insect bites.
7. Take shades and goggles with you to save yourself from the sun’s baking rays.
8. Keep that umbrella handy in case of sudden rainfalls.