Dudhsagar Falls Trek
There are quite a few trekking trails that are genuinely nice but the best hike in Goa has to be without a doubt the Dudhsagar Falls trek. One of the reasons why this trek is so popular and famous because it’s starting point is at the base of the beautiful Dudhsagar Falls. Once the trek begins from there it moves to Castle Rock and then makes it way to the Kuveshi falls. When at the top of the waterfall, one can get a spectacular view of Goa.The Dudhsagar Falls are regarded as the highest falls in Goa, standing tall at an impressive 310 metres.
The trek to Dudhsagar falls begins by first taking a train along S.C. railway or can alternatively be reached by across a 10km dirt road from Mollem. Difficulty is moderate and the total distance covered should be around 13-14 kms. Make sure to dress in cotton clothes and carry a torch and bug repellant especially during the monsoons. The best time to opt for a trek here would be during the winter months (November – February). Tourists and group members are requested to avoid wandering off down paths that are not part of the trekking trail as specified by the guide as the consequences could be dire.
- Embark in this trekking expedition in Goa and get a chance to revisit history, heritage, and thrills with a twist in this region.
- Leave Panjim at 7:00 AM and reach the start point at around 9:30 AM.
- Start trekking at around 9:45 AM after a quick briefing from your guide. Trek through the lush green thickets and pass some small streams as you continue your trek.
- At around 1:00 PM reach the waterfall and click some excellent pictures with the amazing background.
- Delight in a delicious lunch at around 2:00 PM and then continue trekking.
- Enjoy the amazing sight of the waterfall an delight in a quick bath.
- At around 4:00 PM reach the road ahead an exciting day.
- Drive back to Panjim at 4:15 PM while enjoying the evebing sky.
- End this exciting day at around 6:30 PM in the evening and head back home with lots of memories.
About the Activity:
- Enthrall in this delightful Ocean Trek which is actually a walk along a mountain overlooking the sea.
- Begin this excursion from Porvorim in Goa at 07:00 AM, and drive to Kochra-Shriramwadi, a seaside hamlet between Vengurla and Malwan.
- After a breakfast, set off along a hilly path on the cliffs next to the sea – delight in the beauty of a remote beach while trekking alongside on the green mountain ranges.
- The Ocean Trek ends at the pristine Neuti Beach, post this the entire day is at leisure. You may take a spectacular plunge into the waters from a 20-ft-high rock, or go up and see the historic Neuti Fort.
- Continue your return journey to Goa at around 03:30 PM, reaching Porvorim by 07:30 PM and head back home.
- Minimum people required to book this tour: 6
Mollem National Park Trekking
Make sure to carry water, a camera to take out stunning shots of the surrounding area as well as binoculars to get a closer look at some of the wild animals on display. Dress light to avoid discomfort. One of the best parts of the trek would have to be visiting the Dudhsagar Falls and maybe even getting the opportunity to dive off a rock into the water.
This trek is suited for family and friends and the difficulty level is on the simpler side as it involves riding in a jeep with minimal walking. The best time to trek here would be between the months of November and February as one can catch a glimpse of some rare migratory birds.
Situated in South Goa, Sanguem is a perfect place for a trek as it includes trails that are challenging but exhilarating at the same time. This particular trekking trail is dotted with some landmarks of significance which allows group members to undertake a tour as well. The trek spans for close to 2 hours and normally covers a distance of 13-15 kms.
Group members are instructed to wear clothing that is light (preferably cotton-based) and footwear that is comfortable (sneakers ensure a firmer grip when trekking through some steep trails). If you are planning to undertake a trek in the region then the winter months are the best time for such an adventure owing to the pleasant weather conditions.
Group members are usually briefed before the expedition on tips to survive in the outdoors including staying on course with the group despite the distraction of taking out pictures along the way. However, there are many more best places to visit in Goa with your family and friends.
Vagheri Mountain Trek
The steep amalgamation of hills that make up Vagheri Peaks is among the best places to trek in Goa. The Valgheri Mountains near ChorlaGhat are picturesque and offer tourists the chance to find themselves in the very heart of nature. The spectacular view of the terrain below is also a sight to behold. The trekking trail can get quite steep in certain places thereby making it mandatory for experienced trekkers to undertake such a journey.
An expert guide will also make the trek with the group and will serve the double role as a guide too. Trek group members are advised to travel light and carry their torches and other necessities. Also, wearing comfortable shoes is of prime importance. The best time to actually undertake a trek in this area would be during the winter months when the climate is conducive to a challenging activity – from around the end of October to February is when most people decide to visit the area to trek.
Safety instructions are usually given by the guide before the start of the trek highlighting the areas that are quite steep, thereby preparing the group for the task at hand. Trekkers also have the liberty to ask questions and clear all doubts before actually embarking on the trip. Trekking in Goa will be an incomplete experience if one does not visit the Vagheri Peaks.
Fort of Satregad, Sattari (Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary)
The Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary is located just around 50 kms away from the capital of Goa, Panaji. It is a biodiversity hotspot and is home to a wide and exotic range of flora and fauna in Goa which merits attention. It is also home to the Royal Bengal Tiger. The setting is perfect for a trek which usually stretches for around 15-16 kms.
The trekking trail to the sanctuary passes through valleys, hills and waterfalls and can be quite daunting in parts owing to the steepness of the terrain. However, there are breaks for rest and food along the way. Trekkers are advised to wear comfortable clothing which includes hats (protection from the sun), shorts and t-shirts. For safety reasons, guides offer instructions before actually embarking on the trek.
Once at the sanctuary, one can catch a glimpse of the Satregad Fort which lies inside the premises. The palatial fort is historically significant and was used as a place of refuge during the many sieges during the time of the Portuguese and British rule in India. The best time to go trekking is during the months of November to March. The monsoons make the terrain slippery and wet and quite dangerous too for an expedition.
A trek to some of the highest peaks in Goa can offer tourists the chance to really discover the natural beauty of the place. While some of these treks can be daunting, a majority of them are moderately challenging for adventure enthusiasts. The one hour trek from Chorla Ghat (starting point) through a mildly difficult terrain replete will valleys and passes will lead trekkers to the summit of the Vagheri Mountains.
The beauty of the region lies in the many wild flowers, butterflies and birds that one will be able to catch a glimpse of. The region was once famous for the striped Tiger which would roam the area; however, the Tiger cannot be found these days. The trekkers are provided instructions by the trek guide before the start of the trek to ensure that they are equipped with the knowledge to avoid certain pitfalls during the trek. Trekkers are advised to don attire that is comfortable.
They are even asked to carry a torch, plenty of water and mosquito repellant. Individuals who suffer from anxiety and heart disease are requested to avoid the trek as it could get challenging to bear. There will be adequate breaks provided to ensure that the group gets the rest and relaxation they require.
Therefore, trekking in Goa has become an added attraction which has gained the patronage of both international and local tourists who like the idea of discovering the virgin locations and beauty of this tropical paradise. Plus, trekking can offer individuals an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life by allowing them to commune with nature and relish the prospect of embracing the outdoor life with gusto.
Sonsongor is among the three highest peaks in Goa and thereby serves as the perfect destination for a trek for adventure enthusiasts. The virgin area is perfect for nature enthusiasts who enjoy spending time in the outdoors. Although the trek would normally last for close to around 2-3 hours, the sights of the natural surroundings will ensure that the trek will be a pleasurable one.
The trail is quite safe and secure and most trekkers should not have a problem traversing it. Expert guides will show the group the way and will also equip them with helpful information they will require to avoid any eventualities. Trekkers are advised to dress in shorts and light t-shirts and are also asked to carry water and a torch incase the trek does not end before sun down.
The best time to go on a trek here would have to be between the winter months – November to February, making It one of the best places for trekking in Goa.
Netravali Waterfall Trek
The trek is for three kilometers within the sanctuary and the routes are quite close to nature that lead to you to enjoy the amazing sight of the waterfall. You are going to let your heart beats go up as the routes are going through the dense green forests with the noise of crickets and some rare wild animals and birds. The gushing sound of the waterfall touching the ground is a pleasant thing to be remembered.
Tambdi Surla Waterfall Trek
A beautiful waterfall to rejuvenate your body and soul is Tambdi Surla Waterfall in Goa located amidst a pristine space. To reach this waterfall, one has to trek around 90 minutes from the famous yet ancient temple called Tambdi Surla Temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
The leafy forests protect this waterfall keenly and the trekking trails extending to the falls would share some amazing adventurous moments with you. You have to negotiate well enough to tame them and reach the destination. A fairly steep ascent will be in between the routes. Near the waterfall, you will be able to witness a pure nature with mist covered atmosphere. Adventure lovers and nature admirers coming to Goa would not miss this waterfall trek.
Sada Waterfall Trek
Yet another beautiful trekking near Goa is Sada Waterfall Trek. It goes to unwind a relishing ambience since it is located in the Ghats of Chorala. Those who are looking forward to have some adventure would be able to enjoy this trek at the level best. En route to the falls, one has to cross over some small streams and after you reach the foot of the waterfall, you will feel that everything there is just for you.
You will be awarded the best sights of the falls from a hill and flowing down through two adjacent hills. Anytime during the year, you can visit this waterfall. Trekking for one hour is the best adventure activity that can be done here. Families, couples, solo travelers, groups of friends and photographers come here in plenty to get nurtured by the pure serenity and flamboyant cascade.
About the Activity:
- Trekking at Udaan Dongor in Goa provides you a wild experience of a lifetime along with your friends or family.
- The trek begins as you depart from Panjim at 7:00 AM after getting picked up and arrive at the start point.
- Start trekking at 9:45 Am after a quick breifing from your guide and enjoy the amazing views.
- Navigate through rugged terrains and deceitful wilderness that provides you with virgin views of Goa.
- Embark on the trek after a short safety briefing and reach the top at 1:00 PM.
- Relax and indulge in some nature photography and after a lunch, strat trekking downhill.
- Reach the road head and drive back to the drop point at Panjim.
- Conclude your tour at 6:30 PM after reaching Panjim.
- North Goa
About the Activity:
- Rivet in this trek that provides you real views of
the coastal Goa which is till untouched by overwhelming tourists.
- Start your trip after getting picked up from your hotel at around 7:00 AM and reach the tour locality.
- Begin this amazing excursion from Goa's northernmost and least commercialized beach, trek over the Paliem hill and down to the northern Arambol Beach, famous for its fresh water lake just 100 meters from the sea.
- Enjoy a light packed lunch with beverages and some refreshments.
- Marvel at the sight of the seascape scenery until you reach Arambol, after which you will proceed on the banks of a jungle stream to reach your pick-up point.
- End this tour at around 4:00 PM after getting dropped back to your hotel.