Stays in AlibaugAbout 100 kms away from the city of Mumbai is a lovely coastal town that’s for long been the ideal getaway for Mumbaikers and folks from Pune. One can find the best and unique places to stay in Alibaug. Known for its many beaches, it is one of those places you can escape to on weekends or a year-end vacation.
Spending the days lazing by an unspoilt stretch of sand or exploring coconut and mango plantations is just the thing you need to de-stress and get your energy back. Beaches aside, Alibaug has several terrific points of interest you don’t want to miss.
The Alibaug Fort, constructed in the 17th century, is one and draws visitors from near and far. Bet el Synagogue is another and is, in fact, the only synagogue here. On days when you’re feeling a little adventurous, you can head out to the fortified Khanderi and Underi islands.
A 19th century lighthouse still stands on Khanderi and can be seen from as far away as 13 kms. Meanwhile, history buffs will have a great time visiting the historic former Portuguese city of Chaul, which now lies in ruins. Murud-Janjira with its 3 huge cannons also beckons you to explore it.
Alibaug combines several terrific tourist hotspots into one neat package. Whether you’re a beach lover you wants nothing more than to unwind near the surf and sand, or someone who loves long walks while taking in the sights of a place, this should be your next holiday destination.
If you agree with us, read on to know the best places to stay in this charming town. We’ve put together a list of resorts, some perfect for couples, others for budget travelers and still more for those who want to stay by the beach.
Popular Places To Stay in Alibag
|Alibaug Beach Camping | Get 18% off & Cashback of 500||2D/1N||₹ 1599||5.0 star|
|Beach Camping in Alibaug with Transportation | Book @ 1594 Only||2D/1N||₹ 0||5.0 star|
|Beachside Camping with Bonfire & Meals, Alibag||2D/1N||₹ 1440||4.0 star|
|Beachside Stay Experience with Fun-filled Activities, Alibaug||2D/1N||₹ 1200||5.0 star|
|Alibaug Beachside Camping||2D/1N||₹ 1599||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Alibag Stays
Which are the best resorts to stay in Alibaug?
To experience comfortable Alibaug stays, you could choose a resort from many:
1. U Tropicana: Located amidst lush greenery, at a distance of 120 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the resort U Tropicana. Ideal for family and couples stay, this resort has facilities like an Outdoor Pool, library, and ensuite bathrooms.
2. Casa de Kihim: At a distance of 36 km from Navi Mumbai, this resort is located in the middle of lush green forests. The cottages in this resort are located next to the beach making it one of the finest places to stay in Alibaug. It is a pet-friendly resort, which makes this resort favourite among pet owners.
3. Radisson Blu Resort & Spa: One of the finest places to stay in Alibaug is Radisson Blu Spa and resort. Spread over a huge area of land this resort is ideal for people who are looking for a silent getaway. The view from all the rooms is spectacular and the spa and wellness centre in the resort makes it a perfect place to unwind after a long day.
4. Suruchi Resort: This resort is mainly chosen by Leisure and business travelers for its excellent service, it's tranquil environment and excellent location. The view of the mountain from the balcony is a sight for sore eyes.
What are the best beach resorts to stay in Alibaug?
Some the best beach resorts that you could choose for your Alibaug stays are:
1. Anand Agro Resort Kashid: This resort is located near Kashid beach and is a perfect holiday stay one could choose. The luxury of the resort combined with the serenity of the surrounding is what you need to rejuvenate your mind and body.
This pet and family-friendly beach resort allows you to see sunset or sunrise at the horizon either from your room or you could take a walk to the beach to witness the breathtaking views.
2. Acons Palm Beach: Located at a distance of only 2 km from the Versoli beach, this resort offers a panoramic view from the balconies. Each room is equipped with all kinds of modern amenities. You could sunbathe at the Versoli beach, or enjoy some beach sports with your friends and family. A walkalong on the sandy Versoli beach during sunset is a perfect way to end a day.
3. Dewdrop Retreat: At a distance of 7-minute walk (0.09 km) from Versoli beach is one of the top-rated Alibaug Stays - the Dewdrop Retreat. Surrounded by mild forest, this resort offers a fully furnished room equipped with modern amenities, well-furnished terraces, and a lush green garden.
4. Sea View Resort: Only a minute walk from Alibaug beach, this resort stays true to its name, a few of the rooms face the sea. The rooms in this resort are done with a simple yet modern interior. The rooms are spacious and ideal for family stay.
Which are the best homestays in Alibaug?
Alibaug has just as many homestays for budget-friendly stays just as it has luxury resorts. Some of the best homestays in Alibaug are:
1. Bulbul Wadi: Spread over 2 acres of land, this homestay is located amid nature. You would experience waking up to the chirping of birds in the morning. This homestay has all the modern amenities required for a comfortable stay including a private pool and a gazebo.
2. Tejaswee Cottage: Another one of the homestays in Alibaug that comes not only with all the basic yet modern amenities but also with a pool where you could unwind after a long day. It is also set in the tranquility of nature to help you rejuvenate. The homestay also offers complimentary breakfast to all the guests.
3. Baan Thai: This Thai styled villa is perfect for a weekend vacation, as it features various amenities, private kitchen with microwave, a private balcony, and a swimming pool. The recliners by the pool make it an ideal spot to relax during the evening as the sun sets behind the huge trees in the backdrop.
This homestay also has a lawn, where you could just grab your books and sprawled over a perfectly trimmed grass bed.
4. Birdsong: Located in the foothills of Konkeshwar, Birdsong homestay amid natural beauty. The rooms are spacious and stays are comfortable. This 4BHK Villa features a balcony, a garden, a private pool, a fully equipped kitchen among many other modern amenities. The Villa also has a sun terrace and a playground which makes it perfect for family stays.
What are the best romantic resorts in Alibaug for couples?
The romantic resorts of Alibaug are set amidst the vibrant beauty of nature, individual cottages that provide privacy for each couple and a wonderful wellness and fitness centre to keep with your regular workout. Some of the best romantic resorts in Alibaug are:
1. Sidz Cottage: Located opposite of Nagaon High school, this 2 star rated resort is perfect for couples because of its privacy. All the individual cottages are equipped with modern amenities and surrounded by spectacular natural beauty. The property also has a library, a hammock and a garden full of varied fruit trees.
2. Fern Silvanus Resort: The charming environment and serene ambience of the resort make this a perfect place for couples to spend a quiet weekend. The pool allows you to have a quick swim during the evening and the gym at the property helps you stay up-to-date with your workout routine.
3. Elysium Resort: This is probably one of the most beautiful budget-friendly resorts you will ever come across. All the amenities here resemble that of a luxury resort. Located amidst forests and mountains, the view from the rooms in this resort is breathtaking.
4. Jogalekar Cottage: Jogalekar Cottage is popular for providing all kinds of stays like Tent stay, Cottage stays, Economy rooms, deluxe, super deluxe, and dormitory rooms. You just have to choose which one you would like to have.
Located near Awas beach and Mandwa Beach, this establishment also has the facility of an indoor swimming pool, on-site restaurant, and the entire establishment is surrounded by various kinds of trees providing a serene environment.
Which are the best budget stays in Alibaug?
Some of the top rated budgets stay in Alibaug are:
1. Coco's Inn: This budget-friendly stay offers services like free parking, free breakfast, access to the beach, and skiing. It also offers a fantastic view of the sunset over the sea from the balcony. The stay at this Inn is made comfortable by the competent staff.
2. Hotel Suba Palace: This hotel is a complex mix of convenience, comfort, and value for your money. The rooms offer an array of amenities like a flat-screen TV, a minibar, AC, and free wi-fi among many others. The place is all about providing top-notch service within a certain budget.
3. Regent Hotel Colaba: Budget-friendly and family-friendly, what else do you need to enjoy your holidays without worrying about putting a dent in your bank account. Regent Hotel offers services like free breakfast, AC, flat-screen TV, and free parking.
4. Piroj Gardens: This hotel is one of the most popular budget-friendly Alibaug stays. This hotel is close to Alibaug beach and has a swimming pool on the property. It also has a banquet hall perfect to host parties, a business centre and meeting rooms ideal for business conferences.
Which are the popular cottages to stay in Alibaug?
The most popular cottages and places to stay in Alibaug are:
1. Arnita Cottage: Located in a peaceful and calm location, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this cottage is popular because of the services provided here including free parking, air-conditioned rooms, child-friendly services, a garden, and a terrace. Guests also quite often talk about serene location and food prepared by the owners.
2. Alibagkar Cottage: Situated amidst lined up palm trees and close to Varsoli beach, this cottage was chosen mostly for the beach access. It is also children friendly making it ideal for family stays. You could watch sunrise or sunset from the terrace or room.
3. Aboli Cottages: Located near both Akshi and Nagaon Beach, these cottages are the perfect choice for family stays. The premise of this establishment is surrounded by coconut plantations which gives it a luxuriant and serene vibe. The rooms are spacious and it offers free parking.
4. Awas Beach Cottages: Located near Awas beach and the local market, this cottage is surrounded by open spaces. It has access to the said beach where guests could spend their time on. The cottage is surrounded by casuarina trees and offers both AC and non-AC rooms. The cottages have a modern exterior and vintage interior.
Which are the best villa stays in Alibaug?
The best villa stays in Alibaug are:
1. Ruturang Villa: Located not very far from the city area, this villa is easily accessible by car or rented cab. The environment surrounding this villa lets you enjoy a few days of tranquility and peace. The villa is kid-friendly, so if you are looking to go on a family vacation to Alibaug and stay away from city craziness this might be one for you. Some of the rooms have a small kitchen area too.
2. Mama's House: Located close to the beach and amidst tranquil nature, this villa has modern amenities like swimming pool, free wi-fi, free parking, and free breakfast. The location is good for sightseeing, recreational activities and has access to the beach.
3. Asante Sana: Located a bit far from the Varsoli beach but closer to Radisson Blu Resort, this villa is easily accessible via car and taxis. This villa is both kid and pet friendly, and in a good location for sightseeing.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and have a nice view of the greenery outside. The food prepared by the owner is talked about by all the guests and it is said that you must try it at least once.
What are the different types of stays available in Alibaug?
Some of the best places to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the ever-busy Mumbai, in Alibaug, are:
1. Resorts: You will find both luxury and budget-friendly resorts in Alibaug, where you could stay while you visit the coastal town of Alibaug. While many luxury resorts like Radisson Blu, Hotel Ravi Kiran, Hotel Maple Ivy along with many others provide you with all kinds of luxury facilities including spas, wellness, and fitness centres to make your vacation worthwhile.
2. Cottages: The cottages in Alibaug are one of the best places to stay in Alibaug, as they provide a quiet and peaceful environment away from the constant rush of city life. Most of the cottages like Nivant Holidays, Joglekar Cottages, Outpost@Alibaug are located in the lap of serene nature and the individual cottages for each guest/group of guests provide the much-required privacy.
3. Homestays: The homestays in Alibaug are one of the most budget-friendly options one could choose. Most of the homestays like Nest Holiday Home, Red Stone Holiday Home and Spa, Gandhar Eco Stay, Mountain View Cottage, etc offer standard AC rooms at a quite affordable price. Most of the home stays also have free parking, free wi-fi service, and offers daily housekeeping.
4. Hotels: Hotels in Alibaug are located in places that are not too far from popular tourist spots. Apart from providing all the modern amenities, some of these hotels also have a doctor on call in case of any medical emergencies. Hotels like U Tropicana, West Coast, Ice Apple, Radisson Blu are some of the popular hotels for luxury stays.
5. Beach Resorts: Located near the beaches like Alibaug Beach, Nagaon Beach, Varsoli Beach, Kasim Beach, and many others, there are various Beach Resorts and Houses in Alibaug. The view of the sea from the balconies of the beach resorts like Anand Agro Resort, U Tropicana, Mango Beach House, Dewdrop Retreat are magnificent.
6. Farmstays: Farmhouses are perfect for friend groups or families who are looking for budget-friendly stays. Situated amidst the beautiful nature, the farmstays like Krishivan agritourism, Atithi Farmhouse, Kulpe Farm House offer all modern amenities along with swimming pools.
Is Alibaug safe?Yes, Alibaug is extremely safe. They're rarely any violent crimes happening in the area. It is also extremely safe for couples and families. However, what you should be careful about during the rainy season is going to the beach. You could face an accident if you are not careful on the beach during the rainy season.