- Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur
People Also Ask About Langkawi
Which are the best places to visit in Langkawi?1. Pulau Payar Marine Park: This attraction of Langkawi City is filled with a variety of water sports like scuba diving and snorkelling. This place altogether is made up of 4 Islands i.e. Pulau Payar, Pulau Kaca, Pulau Lembu, and Pulau Senangtang. This huge combination of islands is well preserved by the fisheries department of Kedah, so you can rest assured that the beauty of this Island will remain unchanged.
Location: Towards 30 Kilometres on the South side of Langkawi.
2. Langkawi Sky Bridge: The hotspot of Langkawi Tourism, the Langkawi Sky Bridge is located at 2300 feet above the sea level. You have to take a cable car ride in order to reach Langkawi Sky Bridge and admire the beauty from this place.
You can also try your hands on shopping on this bridge, you can easily find stalls of souvenirs, toys, drinks and snacks here. You can try Sky Glide to reach the bridge top where a cabin covered with glass from all the sides will take you to the top.
Location: At the end of the cable car, alan Telaga Tujuh Teluk Burau, Langkawi, Kedah.
Price: RM 5 for Sky Bridge and RM 15 for Sky Glide.
3. Underwater World Langkawi: It is a huge underwater expedition where you will come across more than 200 species of fishes and underwater life. This place is spread across 6 acres of area and offers various sections to enjoy including a three-dimensional theatre, tropical rainforest, and much more. This is amongst the top attractions of Langkawi City. Click Here to Book: Langkawi Underwater World Tickets
Location: Zon Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang.
Price: RM 36.65.
4. Langkawi Cable Car: The cable car in Langkawi will take you to 708 metres above the sea level and will provide you with a panoramic scenery of the whole valley below you.
The Langkawi Cable car is famous for being one of the steepest cable car rides in the entire world, thus will offer you much required thrill on a sightseeing tour. Popularly known as Sky Cab, it will take you to Mount Mat Cincang where you can enjoy panoramic views of the valley. Click Here to Book: Langkawi Cable Car Tickets
Location: Jalan Telaga Tujuh, Kedah.
Price: RM 85 for adults and RM 65 for kids.
5. Dataran Lang: Also known as the Eagle Square, this is a popular tourist destination of the Langkawi city. This humongous Eagle structure is 12 metres high and offers you a view of Kuah Bay in the background. Known to be the finest man made structure of Langkawi, this place is filled with shops, footbridges, eateries and many more entertainment options.
Location: Southeast corner of Pulau Langkawi, Kuah Jetty.
Recommended Read: Places to Visit in Langkawi
6. Gunung Raya: This is the highest mountain peak of Langkawi which stands 881 metres tall and spreads across an area of 5000 hectares. This place offers a large variety of greenery and you can easily spot animals resting in their natural habitat along with spectacular views.
You can easily trek to the peak as this is not a steep trek and you can also reach by driving for 30 minutes towards the hilltop. Since the difficulty of the trek is easy, it has been inviting many beginners.
Location: At central part of Langkawi.
7. Taman Lagenda Langkawi: This open air museum is spread across a huge area of 50 hectares and consists of 17 beautiful statues.
All the statues briefly describe Langkawi’s legend about mythical birds, evil ogres, beautiful princesses and much more. This is a perfect place to know about the history of Langkawi, this place is equipped with English language signboards so that everyone can understand easily.
Location: Next to Jetty point and eagle square.
Price: RM 5 for adults and RM 2.50 for kids.
8. Pantai Cenang Beach: It is a hotspot for tourists of Langkawi city, and is filled with pristine white sand and many fun activities like boating, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Situated at just a 10 kilometres ride from the airport, this beach can be easily visited as soon as you reach Langkawi city and a plethora of entertaining activities can be enjoyed. You can enjoy the underwater world, kiki club, rice garden museum and much more here.
Location: Western shoreline of Langkawi, near Padang Matsirat international airport, Kedah.
9. Air Hangat Village: This is one of its kind tourist destinations of Langkawi city filled with hot water spring wells. A great mixture of modern and cultural flavours of Langkawi, this amazing location offers a village complex filled with ponds, Jacuzzis, fountains, cultural shows, gardens and the most famous natural saltwater wells.
Location: 16 Jalan Air Hangat, Mukim Air Hangat.
Price: RM 50 for adults and no charges for children below 12 years of age.
10. Temurun Waterfalls: This is a prominent place of Langkawi tourism where you can admire a 200 metres tall waterfall gushing at its full speed. It is the tallest waterfall in Langkawi City, which makes this place even more popular and the surroundings more dramatic.
The path of this waterfall goes through the rain forest of Mount Mat Cincang which is home to many species of animals like monkeys, butterflies, and many varieties of birds. The limestone rocks here are believed to be over 500 million years old.
Location: Jalan Datai, Datia area.
Suggested Read: Things to Do in Langkawi
What are the best things to do in Langkawi?
You can visit the following and engulf yourself into the activities the places offer -
1. Lagkawi Cable Car (SkyCab): It takes visitors on a vertiginous 15 minute ride to the top of mount Mat Cincang, offering breathtaking views of Langkawi’s rainforests, islets and waterfall.
Price range - RM35 for adults and RM20 for kids.
2. Take a Walk at Langkawi Sky Bridge : This 125 metre-long curved bridge offers an exhilarating (and sometimes terrifying) view of verdant Gunung Mat Cincang, Telaja Tujuh waterfalls and several islets surrounding Langkawi. Set 700 m above sea level, it is only accessible via Langkawi Cable Car Ride.
3. Visit Underwater world : Set on Pantai Cenang Beach town, it houses more than 500 species of sea creatures. It is known for its 15 m walkthrough underwater tunnel, where you can enjoy close-up view of sharks, giant stingrays and turtles.
Price - RM40(adults) and RM30(children)
4. Go to Pulau Payar Marine Park : 30km south of Langkawi Island, it is a prominent spot for snorkelling and diving. Its Coral Garden is an eye candy.
If you are planning for a trip to Malaysia, then you can Checkout & Book: Malaysia Holiday Trips
5. Explore Kilim Karst Geoforest Park : Ranked #01 among langkawi’s attractions, it features a breathtaking landscape of limestone formations, mangrove forests, caves and beaches.
6. Parasailing : If you wanna take a bird’s eye view of the white sandy coast and aquamarine blue water, then parasailing is a must try.
7. Admiring arts in 3D Museums : It has 200 impressive artworks that appear lifelike when photographed. Hailed as the largest 3D art museum in the Malaysia and second largest in the world, should be there on your list if you’re willing to really explore the place.
8. Street food at night markets : You must try super delicious and relatively cheap local food, especially at night.
Checkout & Book: Malaysia Honeymoon Tour Packages
What are the things to do at night in Langkawi?1. Chilling in Pantai Cenang Beach Bars: After a tiring day at sightseeing, you can cool off at the beach bars of Pantai Cenang Beach. These beach bars provide you with great food, drinks and comfortable seating to watch sunsets and enjoy the nightlife afterwards. Enjoy watching live dance shows, fire shows and bands playing. The bars here open daily and stay open till midnight.
2. Shopping in Temoyong Night Market: It is the widely famous night market of Langkawi where you will find street bazaars, eateries and much more.
The market opens every Thursday evening in Pantai Cenang’s Kampung Temoyong Village from 1700 hours local time onwards. Do check out the freshly prepared Malay dishes, such as pisang goreng (fried bananas), keropok lekor (fish crackers), nasi lemak, fried noodles and nasi ayam (chicken rice).
3. Dinner at The Sunset Deck: This is a more elegant and upscale place to enjoy a lavish meal along with admiring a beautiful sunset. This place is a part of Bon Ton Resort Langkawi which welcomes you with an open air seating option surrounded by palm and coconut trees. This is a perfect place to enjoy a cozy dinner with your loved ones.
Checkout & Book: Langkawi Water Sports
What are the famous adventure activities to do in Langkawi?1. Skytrail Jungle Trekking: This trek will take you to the world where you will come across numerous species of flora and flora as old as 500 years. The trek towards Skytrail Jungle can be easily completed by every age group as it is not so difficult and does not have any steep slopes or rocky pathways.Location: Oriental Village, Kedah.2. Langkawi Zipline Adventure: This is an amazing fun activity of Zip lining which is as long as 200 metres. It is a set of 12 zip lines which will take you across the waterfalls over the treetops, during which you can enjoy beautiful views of the jungle and Andaman Sea.Location: Umgawa Legendary Adventures, 7 Wells Waterfall, Jalan Telaga Tujuh.Price: 500 RM.3. Mangrove Safari: Popularly called as Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, this place is located on the southern part of Langkawi. You can hop on a kayak and explore the Mangrove forests here, the nearby area is filled with sandy beaches and trees. You can find a variety of birds and wildlife here including eagles, kingfishers and many more. Click Here to Book: Private Mangrove Kayak Tour with Transfers & Meal in LangkawiLocation: 3 kilometres from Tanjung Rhu Beach towards the northeast.Price: Starting from 135 RM.4. Hiking to Gunung Raya: Standing tall at 881 metres above the ground, this is considered to be one of the highest peaks in Langkawi.During this wonderful hike you will come across rainforests and a lot of wildlife as well. Mountain carries some mythological beliefs along with it, it is said that the mountain is cursed by a giant named Mat Raya.Location: 16 km from Pantai Cenang.5. Watersports at Pantai Cenang: It is the most loved tourist sport where you can enjoy some exciting water sports including Jet Skiing, Paragliding, Snorkelling, Surfing, banana boat ride and more. Click Here to Book: Water Sports at Pantai Cenang in LangkawiLocation: On the western shoreline of Langkawi and by the side of the road Jalan Pantai Cenang.
Must Explore: Beaches in Langkawi
What is the best time to explore Langkawi?In order to find the perfect weather to visit Langkawi, you should plan your trip between the months of December till April. This time window offers a great combination of sunshine and a little rainfall, so that you can make the most of your Langkawi trip.During the day you will find the temperature varying from 30 to 35 degree Celsius while during the night it lowers down to 28 - 29 degree Celsius. Around January, the majority footfall of tourists begins because of less rain and bright sunlight. During this time you will find perfect weather for adventure and water sports.
Click Here to Book: Sunset Dinner Cruise Langkawi
Do we need Visa to travel to Langkawi?All visitors travelling from overseas will require a VISA to travel Malaysia (Langkawi) except some cases of British nationals, Asian Countries and US nationals. Specifically for Asian countries like India, there is no need for tourist VISA if you are travelling for less than 90 days. You will get an “Entry” visa upon your arrival in Malaysia.
Must Explore & Checkout: Things to Do in Langkawi in 3 Days
Is it worthwhile to visit Langkawi?Yes, Langkawi City is one of the rarest cities that offers you a great cocktail of experiences. You can find all sorts of experiences here including trekking to hill tops, taking cable cars to high bridges, water sports and many more.Langkawi City is totally worth visiting to have a great time with your entire family, friends or loved ones. This place is filled with all sorts of attractions like Tengkorak Beach, Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Al Hana Mosque and many more.
Is it safe to visit Langkawi?Yes, Langkawi is a safe place to travel as it is the hotspot tourist location of Malaysia and you will find ample amount of tourists here. Every year this place attracts more than 26 million tourists which clearly show how safe this place really is. Also, cases of any crime are rare here other than theft or robbery. The locals are very helpful and will always be there to assist you in times of trouble.
Also Explore: Nightlife in Langkawi
How far is Langkawi airport from the city centre?The Langkawi International Airport is around 11 Kilometres from the city centre. This distance can be easily covered within 15 minutes via Route 115. You can easily take a taxi to reach the city centre which will cost you between RM 24 to RM 28.
Click Here to Book: Mini Zoo Langkawi
What is Langkawi famous for?Langkawi is world famous for the variety of Islands present here. This place houses around 100 Islands, exotic beaches, dense rainforests, and amazing attractions like Cable Car, Zip Line and more. All this adds up to the popularity of Langkawi.
What is the currency of Langkawi?Ringgit is the official currency that is used all over Malaysia. You are advised to exchange some money beforehand so that after entering Malaysia you do not have to run out of local currency. Some of the hotels and resorts do accept other currencies for exchange.
Suggested For You: Langkawi Shopping Tours
Where can one enjoy Sky diving in Langkawi?
Asia's ONLY beach skydive is at Langkawi.
You can visit Tandem Skydiving, Skydive Langkawi or Harga skydive for your call. Visit the place, meet up a Tandem Master.
Leave the rest on the team each of which has a licence and are pretty experienced. Some of them are even full time sky divers. They will definitely make you feel relaxed and safe with their professionalism.
Also Checkout & Book: Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi Ticket
What are the best water sports in Langkawi?1. Parasailing: It is an amazing water sport where you will be flying high in the sky with one end tied to a boat and will get to marvel at the panoramic sceneries of the beaches of Langkawi. There are two variations of Parasailing:
- Boat Parasailing: Here you will take off from a moving boat into the wide sky and will land back into the boat safely.
- Beach Parasailing: Here you will take from the beach itself and after a 3-4 minutes ride you will land safely back on the beach.
2. Jet Ski: You can hire a private Jet Ski and make your way through the water. A guide will be along with you for guiding you the directions and taking care of your safety as well. You can stop in between to enjoy a swim in the middle of the ocean. This Jet Ski tour will take you to 2-3 Islands including The Singa Besar Island and The Beras Basah Island.
3. Kayaking: It is a great experience where you will be rowing your way to discover the Majestic Mangrove of Langkawi. You can opt from a Luxury Tour and Basic Tour which varies from 4 Hours and 2 Hours respectively. You can also opt for an even shorter ride of 1 hour.
Must Explore: Waterfalls in Langkawi
Which are the best beach spots to visit in Langkawi ?1. Pantai Cenang Beach: The Pantai Cenang Beach finds its name amongst the most famous and longest beaches of Langkawi located on the western coast. There are beautiful pristine sand lines along with coconut trees that offer a view of Pulau Tepor and Pulau Rebak in the distance. This beach also offers some beautiful views of sunsets and is home to many amazing shopping places.
2. Pantai Tengah Beach: Considered to be a continuation of Pantai Cenang Beach but actually it is a separate beach on the South side of Pantai Cenang Beach. This beach is not much exposed to the tourists and you can easily find some quaint time for yourself here while marvelling at the beautiful sceneries of the sea.
3. Pantai Kok: Popularly termed as the best beach of Langkawi, this luxurious beach offers long stretches of pristine white sand along with some exotic resorts. It is located on the western coast near the Langkawi cable car and is home to a wide array of bars and restaurants.
4. Pasir Tengkorak Beach: It is a hidden gem on the northern coastline as it offers the tourist a more secluded place to enjoy away from the hustle and bustle. This amazing beach is surrounded by forests and you can try your hands on swimming as the water on the shores is shallow.
Click Here to Book: Beginner Jet Ski Experience in Langkawi
What are the famous museums in Langkawi?1. Laman Padi: It is an open complex that is filled with green paddy fields and displays the history of rice cultivation in Malaysia. You can opt for a guide to provide you the real insights about the museum. Also there is an option to try your hands on rice planting, where you get a chance to plant rice sprouts in the mud while standing in knee deep water.
2. Galeria Perdana: This place showcases an amazing collection of various awards and gifts received from world leaders by the brainchild of Malaysia's Prime Minister and his wife. It was opened back in 1995 and it is spread across a two-storey, 5333 square metre building. The exhibits here varies from crystals to musical instruments, Islamic arts, honorary awards/decorations and automobiles.
3. Art In Paradise 3D Museum: One of its kind, this museum is located next to the iconic Langkawi Cable Car in The Oriental Village, Burau Bay and offers 200 unique 3D artworks that feel just like reality.
Divided into 9 interactive zones, this museum is a great place to be visited along with friends and family. Some of the highlights of this museum includes panoramic painting of the gleaming Kuala Lumpur city skyline, featuring the iconic Petronas Twin Towers, Menara KL Tower, and Sultan Abdul Samad Building.
Must Visit: Temples in Langkawi
What are the best places to eat in Langkawi?1. The Gulai House at The Datai Langkawi: It is considered as one of the finest places of Langkawi Tourism to enjoy Malay and Indian dishes while being surrounded by a 10 million year old rainforest.
The eatery has won many awards and it is made in the style of a traditional village house. The dining sections are well decorated, lit with candles, organza drapes and low tables along with comfortable cousins seating.
2. Kayu Puti at The St Regis Langkawi: It is a luxurious dining venue that is influenced by Asian cuisine and offers amazing cocktails, exotic wines and a classy nautical concept. Bar area is equipped with hammocks and sunbeds giving the view of Andaman Sea. The food here is infused in French cooking style and some specials include the Andaman Lobster trail, Stanbroke Wagyu Beef and more.
3. The Planter's at The Danna Langkawi: Langkawi Tourism offers this unique destination that overlooks the infinity pool of The Danna Langkawi. This place is filled with traditional interiors, amazing service and a live pianist during the evening time.
The menu is influenced by Mediterranean, European-inspired and Malaysian cuisine and some popular dishes are the falafel (with tahini yoghurt and pickle radish salad) and premium Australian beef tenderloin.
Suggested Read: Places to Visit in Malaysia
What are the best places to visit in Langkawi with family?1. Crocodile Adventure: This is an adventure park which is purely dedicated to crocodiles. You will see more than 4000 crocodiles here which belong to different species like Tomistoma, Siamese, Saltwater crocodile, guinea crocodile and more. A crocodile adventure show is also performed in which the professionals perform deadly stunts with large crocodiles.
2. Paradise 3D Museum: It is a venue where you will find some beautifully crafted 3D artworks that become alive when pictured. It is a hub of art lovers and it is divided into nine different zones in 3 storey.
Amazing zones include optical illusion, aquatic, fantasy, castles, classics, safari, landscapes, Egyptian, and Malaysian. This museum operates daily from 09:00 AM till 06:00 PM in the evening and it is located nearby Cable Car Station.
3. Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls: This waterfall is really a peace to the eyes and also called as the home of fairies. The name translates to seven waterfalls as this waterfall has been named after the seven natural pools fed by seven separate waterfalls in Gunung Mat Cincang.
4. Yellow Beach Café: It is a place where you can have some unique sky dining experience. Being one of the best café of Langkawi City, this place assures you a great time with your friends and family. This café serves a great combination of food along with spectacular views of the city. Some specials of this Café includes salads, sandwiches, burgers, or steaks.
5. Gunung Raya: Gunung Raya is the perfect spot to catch some of the best views that Langkawi City has to offer. At a height of 881 metres above the ground, this peak lets you admire beautiful sunrises or sunsets along with your family. This mountain peak provides you an option of trekking and hiking as well.
Must Know: Things to do in Malaysia
What are the best places to visit in Langkawi for couples?1. Skytrex Adventure Langkawi: One of the best things that you can do with your loved one in Langkawi, is to try your hands on some adventure. It is amongst the best adventure parks in Langkawi where you can enjoy activities like flying, gliding, swinging and even dangling. Your safety will be taken care of as you will perform these stunts under professional supervision. Click Here To Book: Skytrex Adventure Langkawi Tickets
2. Wildlife Park & Bird Paradise: It is a paradise for nature lovers as this place offers some great collections of bird species, many of which are rare and endangered.
You will find more than 2,500 exotic birds here which belong to 150 different species including canaries, ducks, parakeets, owls, eagles, toucans, hornbills, and flamingos. In addition to the birds, here you will also get to enjoy the beauty of a walk-in aviary and 15 metres high waterfall. Click Here to Book: Langkawi Wildlife Park Tickets
3. Langkawi Islands: There couldn’t be a more romantic place than a visit to the islands and enjoying long walks. There are more than 100 islands in Langkawi and only few of them are accessible to tourists.
You can spend some quality time on the shore while watching the beautiful coastlines and even try your hands on to some underwater sports. Few of the best islands are Rebak Island, Pulau Beras Basah Island, Pulau Dayang Bunting Island, and Pulau Singa Besar Island.
4. Datai Bay: This is a beautiful half-moon shaped beach where you will find some peaceful time along with your loved one. Located on the north western side of Langkawi, this is a 1.5 kilometres long beach which is popularly called as Pantai Teluk Datai. You will find numerous leisure cafes, restaurants and bars on the beachside where you can chomp on some local delicacies while sipping some tasteful cocktails.
5. Ayer Hangat Friday Night Market: Shopping is something which is always on the To-Do list of couples. This is a popular tourist destination for night shopping where you can purchase a number of local items including clothes, souvenirs, and various delicacies at very affordable prices.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Langkawi?
Here is a list of the Ideal hotels and resorts to stay at Langkawi :
Tanjung Rhu Resort - an excellent five star resort situated at Kedah provides free breakfast, currency exchange, Library, Free WiFi, a private beach, spa, Sauna etc.
Charges Rs.35000 a night for two.
The Andaman - a 5 star hotel situated at Datai Bay, Kedah. Facilitates you with free breakfast , free wifi, Pool, Spa, Parking etc.
Room for two for a night- Rs.23000
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort-
Is a 4 star hotel with facilities like free wifi, pool, spa, parking and so much more. It is situated at Pentai Cenang, Kedah.
Charges for a night for two- Rs.10000
Aseania Resort Langkawi
A 3 star hotel situated at Pentai Tengah, Kedah. Provides facilities like Pool, parking, AC etc. Charges Rs.6000 for a night for two.
Also Explore: Places For Hiking In Malaysia
Which are the best places for shopping in Langkawi?
It's one of the best places to find handmade souvenirs. Langkawi also hosts a night market in different areas on a weekly basis where you can find a variety of things. Apart from these, here's a list of places where you can go around spending on yourself :
Langkawi Fair Shopping Mall
Situated at Langkawi, Kedah
Opening hours: Daily 10:00— 21:00
At Langkawi, Kedah
Opening hours: Daily 11:00— 21:00
Zeno Duty Free Shopping Centre
At Langkawi, Kedah
Opening hours: Daily 10:00— 22:00
At Kuah, Kedah
Opening hours : Daily 10:00 — 21.00
Where can one enjoy Boating in Langkawi?
There are so many places you can get on board at with your family and head for an amazing journey to Langkawi Islands. Here are some of those :
Langkawi Boat Sales & Services Sdn.Bhd.
Location - Rebak Island Marina Hardstand, Kuah
Price - Rs.5000 onwards
Pippen Marine (M) Sdn Bhd
Location - Batu Ara Jalan Pantai Kok, Kuala Teriang
Price - Rs.6000 onwards
UNESCO George Park Tour
Location -Tanjung Rhu jetty
Prices - Rs.2000 onwards
Damai Indah A Day in Paradise
Location - Jalan Dato Syed Omar
Price - Rs.7300 onwards
Duration - 5 hours
Click Here to Book: Langkawi Discovery Helicopter Private Tour
How to reach Langkawi?
There are umpteen ways to reach Langkawi. But the shortest way is taking a direct flight from Kuala Lumpur.
- International Airport is about 20 kilometres from the town of Kuah and around 8 kilometres from Pentai Cenang.
- If you have enough time taking a train to Butterworth is recommended. You will then have to catch a ferry to Georgetown across the strait to the Island of Penang. From there you can rent a car or ticket a train's journey to Langkawi. You can Also take a train from Kuala Kedah, Kuala Perlis and Pentai to Langkawi.
- Cheapest way is taking a bus from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Kedah or Kuala Perlis and then reach Langkawi. Taking a bus is suggestively a better option than a train.
Which are Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that I can book via Thrillophilia?Here are some of Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that you can book via Thrillophilia:
1. Wet World Water Park Shah Alam Tickets
2. Entopia Tickets
3. Petronas Twin Towers Tickets
4. Zoo Negara Tickets
5. Sunway Lagoon Tickets
6. Aquaria KLCC Tickets
7. Petrosains Tickets
8. KL Hop on Hop off Bus Tour
9. 99 Wonderland Park Tickets
10. Superpark Malaysia Tickets
A scenically landscaped, well maintained folklore theme park, Taman Lagenda Langkawi, also known as Lagenda Park was opened in the year 1996. It is located right next to the Kuah Jetty and stands opposite to the Kuah waterfront. The park is also referred to as the open air garden museum and has several colourful statues inside its premises.There are sign boards that detail the myths associated with many of these sculptures; all of them in Malay as well as the English language. Gondwana Stone Wall which is a hilly formation located in the south west side of Langkawi, perched over Burau Bay marks the entrance of the park. Spread across 50 hectares of land, the park houses 17 colourful statues and sculptures in total.These sculptures are of various legends in Langkawi; comprising of mythical birds, evil ogres, princes and princesses, and other heroic models. The park also houses lush greenery - fruit trees, plants of numerous types and bright flowers. These attract nature lovers and make the park worth some exploration.Also a good picnic spot, the park can be walked through or one can hire a buggy to cart across the park. Moreover, the park exhibits Malaysian handicrafts made of local objects and artisans that can be taken as souvenirs for friends and family back home.Also Explore: Top Places to Visit in Langkawi
Hanging at a height of 2,170 feet between the two mountains, Langkawi Sky Bridge is counted among the longest cable-stayed bridges in the world. It stretches itself for 410 feet and has transparent sections on its pedestrian. These transparent sections not only let people enjoy the spectacular beauty of the surroundings but also the dense tropical forest underneath.Situated on the peak of the second tallest mountain Mt. Mat Cincang on Pulau Langkawi, one can reach here with the help of the cable car ride. Starting at the ‘end’ of the cable car ride, you can hop on to the bridge after a 15 minutes walk from the dropping point. You must reach the place as early as possible as the bridge could accommodate only 200 people at one time.Do not forget to bring your camera to capture all the picturesque scenes around you through the transparent windows of the cable car and from the parapet of the bridge. If it is the right season, then you may even catch the glimpse of the unique flora and fauna possessed by the island. However, do not miss the nearby restaurants around the sky bridge along with all the places and things you could grab on!Click Here to Book: Langkawi Cable Car Tickets
Take an adventure zipline ride and witness the breathtaking panoramic view of Langkawi's tropical beauty. The place offers multiple sports which would make your holiday an extremely fun experience. A home to the bewitching rainforests sheltering more than 2000 bird species this landmark is a must for nature and animal lovers.One can also make a difficult choice between the Langkawi Zipline ride through the jungle canopy or over the majestic waterfall. The Langkawi Zipline adventure will keep you thrilled and entertained by giving more than what you expected.The stunning heritage of Malaysia will provide a feast to your eyes and thrilling chill to your soul. There are various options in zipline for your favorability like Jungle flight Zipline and the Big waterfall zipline adventure. So take a while out of that megacity of work lives and try out these fun Langkawi Zipline adventures.Popular Read: Places to Visit in Langkawi
A place that promises to offer you the most relaxing getaway, Pulau Beras Basah locates itself at the western point of Langkawi. Flaunting its pristine beaches and lovely greenery this destination is considered as a top notch holiday spot to chill out.Pulau Beras Basah is one among the most well known peaceful islands that entices its visitors by beholding the view of crystal blue sea and the calming white sand. A place where one can solace in silence as you hold your book and read calmly while getting sunkissed.This tranquil beach is surrounded by lush green forests that add up to the fresh cool breeze and atmosphere of this island. The island is not yet touched by commercialisation. However, it provides you the serene views along with the required peace and calm.One can find basic amenities like washrooms, a small stall selling soft drinks and food items here. Whereas one who searches for some adventure fun activities the place will not disappoint you. It offers you the fun of snorkelling while you can also enjoy banana boats, parasail and jet-ski rentals.Suggested Read: Best Places to Visit in Langkawi
Also known as Taman Buaya, the crocodile farm is nestled on the north western side of the island, and is spread over an area of 20 acres. Half of this area is accessible to tourists, and the other half is forbidden, as croc farming takes place there. The park is best known for the majestic flora and fauna of Malaysia that you get to experience here.The farm is surrounded by lush green forests and rolling green hills act as a backdrop. If you want to see the largest collection of Malaysian saltwater crocodiles – this is the place to be at. More than a thousand crocodiles of all sizes and species reside at this park, and you can even find alligators here.Although many crocs in the farm are imported, there are many that are bred and reproduced within the farm. The farm is divided into many sections that are formed by ponds that have been lined with concrete. Each of the sections has a placard that will give you important information about the type of crocs or alligators living in it.The very first section when you enter the park is the juvenile section where baby crocs are kept. The babies are cute and you can even buy pellets to feed them. Species Pond is where both crocs and alligators are kept. The placard at this section explains how the two are different. Other sections at the farm are – Hooking Pond, Show Pond, and the Bridge Pond.The farm is a great place to learn about the habitat, lifespan and other aspects of these animals. It is quite exciting to feed them and watch them interacting with the trainers. You can also catch one of the stunt shows, if you want.Click Here to Book: Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi Tickets
Sprawling over five and a half acres of land of one of Langkawi islands, Langkawi Wildlife Park and Bird Paradise is a unique sanctuary which is just 10 KM away from Kuah. Natural habitat is created in the park to keep all the birds and animals in extremely comfortable and familiar surroundings. One-way paths are created in between these spaces to give the visitors a defined path so that they do not miss anything.This tropical garden of Langkawi houses more than 150 species of animals and birds and also, you can spot around 2500 exotic birds. Out of all these, more than 1500 birds are kept in a massive aviary where they fly freely in their man-made natural habitat. Each habitat is designed uniquely for every type of species of the birds.Thousands of visitors come to ‘The Paradise’ to witness the tropical species brought to the park from around the world. You will find the choicest species of Southeast Asia, Africa, South America, Australia, Russia, and also Malaysia. Moreover, the park also features a man-made waterfall falling off a 15-meter high cliff. You may also visit the duty-free retail outlet and the souvenir and crystal shop to take some memories back home.Unlike other wildlife parks, this park also sells the bags of animal’s feed which you could buy to feed the animals. Yes, you heard right! You can enter the cages of the animals and get a chance of close interaction with the animals and birds. And this is what makes the Langkawi Wildlife Park and Bird Paradise different and worth a visit.Click Here to Book: Langkawi Wildlife Park Tickets
Whether a history aficionado or a political wizard, Galeria Perdana has everything to suit your penchant. The Museum is a massive treasure trove of gifts and souvenirs received by the distinguished Prime Minister of Malaysia Mahathir Mohamad during his official tenure.The massive building houses everything from exotic jewellery pieces to antique cars and artefacts gifted by the distinguished statesman of the world to Mahathir.The most notable feature of Galeria Perdana is its campus spreading over an area of 5.3 square kilometres and consisting of three interconnected two storied buildings.It has a landscaped garden dotted with many shrubs Herbs and local trees providing green escapade to the visitors of the museum.There are over 9000 exhibits in the galleries of the museum among which only 2000 are displayed at a time in rotation giving you a chance to see different collections every time you visit the museum.There are different sections of the museum dedicated to collections of copper, silver, brass, porcelain, glass, crystal, tapestries and wooden knives, daggers and ceremonial swords.The section of car houses of vintage Roadster and a Pontiac Catalina belonging to the 1950s.The intricate artwork at the interior dome of the museum and the hanging chandeliers will simply Blow Your Mind off. In short Galeria Perdana museum is a pride of Malaysia which upholds the country's cultural, artistic and aesthetic heritage to the world.Also Read: Places to Visit in Langkawi
Going beyond the man-made marvels in Langkawi rests the Durian Perangin Waterfall which is a hidden treasure away from the hustle-bustle. The name of this waterfall is derived from the Durian trees which surround the entire area. Situated at the northern slope of Gunung Raya, which is the highest mountain of Langkawi, the view of the water falling from that height is a mesmerizing view. While the locals visit this place quite often, the beauty of the waterfall doesn’t fail to attract the visitors either. The lush greenery and the water cascading down from that height makes the perfect place for a day picnic.The Durian waterfall has 14-tiers and every section of the fall creates a natural pool where the visitors can take a dip. This is the perfect place for nature lovers and adventure seekers who want to stay close to nature. Walking amidst the forested parkland, the place is in abundance of lush-greenery, rock formations and also flora and fauna which are worth exploring. And while the beauty of nature is rejuvenating enough, there is also a vast number of gazebos and hut-like structures which are made to take rest. These gazebos are also the place where families gather around to enjoy a picnic beside the waterfall.Out of all the places in Langkawi, this is one of the most satisfying and rejuvenating attractions which is surreal, clean and well-maintained. While the walk towards the lower area is quite easy and short, the climb to the uppermost falls is tedious but not that difficult. To spend a day amidst nature's lap, Durian Perangin Waterfall is the best place to visit in Langkawi. Know more about this surreal creation of nature here and mark this attraction in the must-visit places. Recommended Read: Places to Visit in Langkawi