Activities to Do in LangkawiVisit Dataran Lang (Eagle Square), Check out Galeria Perdana, Take a ride on the Langkawi Cable Car, Check out the fish at Underwater World Langkawi, Soak in the water at Air Hangat Village, Enjoy the water sports at Pantai Cenang Beach and many more.
Being an archipelago of 99 islands, there are an ample amount of Things to do in Langkawi which can be enjoyed by people who visit this beautiful destination. Home to the breathtaking beaches and loads of dark woods, Langkawi is the best location to indulge in some nature-based adventure activities like hiking and beachside activities.
From surfing the deep blue waters to diving and marvelling at the extraordinary marine life, the psalm-laden shores of Langkawi will provide you with numerous entertainment options. The soaring peaks of the Island have been challenging many trekkers and provide them with a much rush in adrenaline as they traverse through the deep forest and rocky terrains.
Activities to do in Langkawi not only provide you with the much-required adventure but also offer you some recreational time amidst the best of nature. From the natural and healthy spas to the long and calming walks on the shores, a vacation here will make sure that you enjoy the best of everything. Be it dancing in its chic nightclubs or enjoying a session of shopping in the flea markets, the small area of Langkawi is home to a massive amount of adventures and activities.
Things to Do in Langkawi
1. Visit Langkawi Sky Bridge: Visiting the spectacular Sky Bridge is one of the best Things to Do in Langkawi. This is a curved pedestrian bridge, which is 125 metres long, and offers some of the most enthralling views of the Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls, Gunung Mat Cincang and numerous islets that surround Langkawi.
Situated at an elevation of 700 metres above the sea level, the bridge is accessible by cable car and can accommodate up to 250 people at a time. While the bridge is fitted with double steel railing and has an enclosed wire mesh, the view from above is nothing less than daunting.
Location: Jalan Telaga Tujuh Teluk Burau, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Timing: 10:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
2. Explore Lagenda Park: The Lagenda Park, commonly known as Taman Lagenda Langkawi, is situated just across from the Kuah Jetty and directly across from the Kuah seafront. The park's entry is marked by the mountainous Gondwana Stone Wall, which is positioned over Burau Bay on the south-western side of Langkawi. This 50 hectare ground of the park is home to a total of 17 vibrant statues and sculptures. These sculptures, which depict mythological birds, malevolent ogres, princes and princesses, and other heroic figures, are based on diverse Langkawi legends. The park makes a great sight to explore if you are wondering what to do in Langkawi. Additionally, the park features Malaysian handicrafts created by regional artists using local materials that can be purchased as gifts for friends and family back home.
3. Gaze Beauty of Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls: Of all the Langkawi best things to do, you must not forget to witness the immense beauty of the Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls. Said to be the home of the fairies by locals, the falls are definitely a sight to behold.
Located on the western headlands of Langkawi, the name of the waterfalls translates to Seven Wells Waterfalls, and has been named after the seven connected natural pools which are fed by seven separate waterfalls in Gunung Mat Cincang. In addition to soaking in the scenic vistas, you can also take a dip in the cool waters of the falls, or hike to its top.
Location: Telaga Harbour Park, Gunung Mat Cincang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
4. Explore Dataran Lang (Eagle Square): One of the best Activities to Do in Langkawi is to explore the Dataran Lang. Commonly known as Eagle Square, this attraction in Langkawi has a striking sculpture of an eagle that is about to take flight. The sculpture is 12 metres tall, and is set atop an elevated platform, which adds to its magnificence.
The Eagle Square is located in close proximity to several major restaurants and duty-free shops in Langkawi, along with other attractions like Kuah Jetty, Taman Lagenda and Dalam Langkawi. The square is also home to many beautiful miniature fountains, bridges and terraces and offers serene views of the harbour.
Location: Kuah Jetty, Langkawi
5. Go Snorkeling at Payar Island: You won't need to travel far to find Langkawi's most picturesque location if you head to the Pulau Payar marine park, where you may participate in a variety of thrilling sports. Go snorkeling from the shore to see unusual marine life, reef sharks, and a coral garden. A diving session which is one of the most exciting things to do in Langkawi will take you further into the abundant marine life of this marine park, which is ideal for snorkeling and diving aficionados searching for a little more adventure. The park offers a variety of amenities for visitors, including picnic tables, BBQ pits, gazebos, and restrooms.
6. Sunset Cruise Experience in Langkawi: When you reserve this fantastic sunset cruise you will not have to worry about what to do in Langkawi. Watch the gorgeous sunset as you dine on a delectable set meal supper with cuisine that varies from superb seafood and other local cuisines. Savor a typical Malaysian dinner as the night slips into the horizon, and street lights begin to highlight the gorgeous harbor of the island. The Langkawi archipelago may be explored in one of the nicest ways possible on this sunset dinner cruise. This romantic activity is one of the best things to do in Langkawi which is ideal for couples and will liven up your vacation to Langkawi.
7. Take a ride in the Langkawi Cable Car: Among the top Langkawi best things to do is to take a ride in the Langkawi Cable Car. The cable car takes you on an exciting 15-minute ride to the top of the Mat Cincang Mountain, while offering scintillating vistas of the dense rainforests, islets as well as gushing waterfalls of the region.
The ride begins from the Oriental Village, and takes you all the way to the top of the 708-metre-tall peak. Upon reaching the top, you can enjoy taking photographs, soak in the verdant natural vistas or even shop for souvenirs at the stalls. There are several cafes here for you to grab a quick bite, in addition to an observatory deck. Click Here to Book: Langkawi Cable Car Tickets
Location: Jalan Telaga Tujuh Teluk Burau, Langkawi, Malaysia
Timing: 10:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
8. Have Fun at Underwater World Langkawi: Another one of the best Things to Do in Langkawi is to spend some time having fun at the Underwater World Langkawi. This is a 15-metre-long walkthrough underwater tunnel that is located along the vibrant beach town of Pantai Cenang.
It is here where you can enjoy views of more than 500 different species of underwater creatures. From harbour seals, sharks, giant stingrays and rockhopper penguins, to seahorses, flamingos, mandarin ducks as well as green turtles, you can see it all up close here.
Click Here to Book: Langkawi Underwater World Tickets
Location: Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Timing: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
9. Have Fun at Splash Out Langkawi Water Park: Splash Out Langkawi is intended to be a magical empire where great adventures occur on a daily basis. It is inspired by ancient explorers and marine voyagers who crossed the seven seas in search of new realms. There is never a repeat trip at Splash Out Langkawi as there is always something new to discover here. Splash Out Langkawi, the first of its kind on the fabled island of Langkawi, is home to 12 water activities that will transport you to a world of thrills and spills unlike any other. Prepare to cruise around Splash Out Langkawi's plethora of attractions.
Click Here to Book: Splash Out Langkawi Water Park
10. See Art at Langkawi Arts in Paradise 3D Museum: You must also include a visit to the Langkawi Arts in Paradise 3D Museum and witness the artworks here, which ranks among the top Langkawi best things to do. Home to over 200 stunning works of art, the museum is the largest 3D museum in all of Malaysia, in addition to being the second largest of its kind in the world.
The three-storey museum boasts of 9 interactive zones, which includes optical illusion, classic, aquatic, landscapes, safari, fantasy, castles, Malaysian and Egyptian zones. All of the artworks here are said to have been hand-painted by 23 of the most popular Korean artists, and exude stunning optical illusions. A major attraction here is the 3D painting of Kuala Lumpur skyline with stunning images of Petronas Tower, KL Tower, and Abdul Samad Building.
Location: Oriental Village, Burau Bay, Jalan Telaga Tujuh, 07100 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Timing: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
11. Experience the Heart Stopping Crocodile Adventureland: Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi is the greatest attraction in Pulau Langkawi without a doubt. With almost 4000 crocodiles, ranging in age from young to more mature animals, this location has the greatest collection of crocodilians. The "Bujang Lang," one of the largest captive crocodiles in the world, lives there as well. Take your time to experience the "heart-stopping" live performance, which includes a wide range of entertaining and educational activities for people of all ages, such as crocodile fishing, a jumping crocodile display, crocodylus interpretation, and an educational performance among the various activities to do in Langkawi.
Click Here to Book: Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi Tickets
12. Have a Picnic On Tanjung Rhu Beach: One of Malaysia's most crystal-clear and spotless beaches is Tanjung Rhu Beach. One of the most immaculate beaches in the Langkawi island chain, this lovely beach features white sands and emerald-blue waves. This beach is a place to unwind and engage in fun activities to do in Langkawi as it is less commercialized. Tanjung Rhu Beach, which is frequently used for picnics and staycations and is home to 20 different species of birds, is also referred to as a bird watcher's paradise. The beach is surrounded by rows of broken limestone crags, which further add to its captivating beauty.
13. Explore the thickest of Mangrove Forest: If you are confused about what to do in Langkawi then the Mangrove Safari of Langkawi offers some remarkable experiences and vistas. It covers a 100 sq km region and has a stunning assortment of secluded white beaches, blue lagoons, and green mangrove jungles. The delights of the park's distinctive marine ecology, which includes flora and animals as well as other naturally occurring creatures like the Bogak Tree, Monitor Lizards, Macaques, Tree Crabs, and Brown Eagles, can be seen as you cruise along the tranquil and meandering river. Attractive and unusual limestone rock formations that protrude from the swamp's and seabed's floor provide another lovely view.
14. Visit Gunung Raya: Paying a visit to Gunung Raya is among the top Activities to Do in Langkawi. Situated at an elevation of 881 metres above sea level, it is said to be the highest peak in all of Langkawi. Upon reaching the peak, one can enjoy panoramic views of the entire island, in addition to catching sights of some of the major attractions, rainforests, waterfalls and islets here.According to legends, it is said that a mountain is a cursed form of the giant Mat Raya, who used to inhabit the island. You can also hike to the top of the peak through the dense rainforest, where you can see exotic animals like leaf monkeys, flying foxes, squirrels, macaques as well as mountain hawks and white bellied sea eagles.
Location: Jalan Air Hangat, Langkawi, Malaysia
15. See Wildlife at Langkawi Wildlife Park & Bird Paradise: Among the Langkawi best things to do is to see the wide range of animals and birds at the Langkawi Wildlife Park & Bird Paradise. A visual treat for nature lovers and enthusiasts, this park is the abode of more than 2,500 exotic birds from 150 different species.From canaries, parakeets and ducks to owls, eagles, toucans, hornbills and flamingos, you can see it all here. The presence of a walk-in aviary and a 15-metre-tall man made waterfall add to the beauty of the park. You can also enjoy animal feeding sessions here, where you can feed raccoons, crocodiles, pelicans as well as hornbills.
Click Here to Book: Langkawi Wildlife Park Tickets
Location: Lot 1485, Jalan Ayer Hangat, Kampung Belanga Pecah, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Timing: 8:30 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
16. Explore Pulau Payar Marine Park: Exploring the Pulau Payar Marine Park is one of the most popular Things to Do in Langkawi. Located around 30 kilometres to the south of the Langkawi Island, this marine park is the best spot to indulge in snorkelling and scuba diving in the region.
Accessible by a speedboat ride, this park is home to a stunning Coral Garden, which is essentially a secluded area in the park and is filled with brightly coloured corals. There is also an underwater observation chamber here, which offers visitors a chance to see the rich marine life present here.
Location: Kompleks EB Adina pekanBaru Baron Kuah, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
17. Visit Taman Lagenda Langkawi: Another popular thing to do in Langkawi is to visit the Taman Lagenda. Located near the Kuah Jetty, this is a beautifully landscaped open air garden museum, and folklore-themed park which you can explore either on foot or in a buggy ride.
Offering serene views of the Kuah waterfront, the garden museum is home to 17 colourful sculptures, which are said to depict the local Langkawi legends. Some of these include folktales of heroic giants, evil ogres, mythical birds as well as beautiful princesses. The garden is also a popular place to enjoy a serene picnic with your friends and family.
Location: Kuah, 07000 Kuah, Kedah, Malaysia