Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Starting From: Kuala Lumpur
Trip Location: Kuala Lumpur
It's time to indulge in some of Malaysia’s most cultural sights during this Batu Caves tour. First, take time to explore the caves and its Hindu shrine, and then visit the Malaysian Batik Centre and Royal Selangor Pewter Visitor Centre to learn about some of the country’s most important handicrafts.
Explore the suburbs of Kula Lumpur during this tour. Drive past the impressive Embassy Row, discover the art of batik wax painting and pewtersmithing and local workshops, and climb the 272 steps to the beautiful Batu Caves to visit one of the most popular Hindu shrines over the course of four hours.
About the Batu Caves & Kuala Lumpur Suburbs Tour:
- The Batu Caves & Kuala Lumpur Suburbs tour is designed to sample some of the very best and diverse places that the city’s countryside has to offer.
- You start the tour by hiking up to the Batu Caves Temple with its magnificently carved statues and figurines.
- The next stop on the tour is the Batik Showroom where you can get a glimpse of some fine textures and colors of clothes that have been a part of the history and culture of Malaysia for years.
- After the factories, the tour will venture into the mythological and architectural abundance of the place by visiting the fascinating limestone caves.
- The Batu Caves & Kuala Lumpur Suburbs tour covers the cultural, historical and natural aspects of the suburbs of the bustling metropolis.
- Throughout these experiences, you will be greeted with some breathtaking natural scenery and some compelling views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline.
- This is a group tour and includes a knowledgeable English-speaking guide and an English-speaking driver for ease of communication.
- The trip also includes a pick-up and drop-off to your hotel location, inside the city of Kuala Lumpur. You can choose between a morning or an afternoon pickup.
-Free of charge for the 0-3 years age of kids.
Write Your Story
Rated : 4.0
we had an awesome time with our Guide and Driver, he was exteremely knowledgable and gave us the most informative tour to the Batik Factory, Selangor Pewter and Batu Caves.
When going for the tour, do not forget to keep a valid photo ID or a travel document with you. You must also carry an electronic ticket or a printed ticket with you. You must also wear comfortable shoes and if you have chosen the afternoon tour, it is also advisable to carry a hat and sunscreen to protect you against the heat of the sun.
The tour price includes pick up & drop off from the hotels in Kuala Lumpur City Centre and the Bukit Bintang area. If your area is not mentioned in the provided list of the pick-up points, please arrange your own transport to and from the nearest pick-up point.
The pick-up points of the tour include hotels in Kuala Lumpur City Centre area and the Bukit Bintang area.
The morning tours leave at 9:00 am and return by 12:30 pm. The afternoon batches leave at 2:00 pm and return by 5:30 pm.
Mornings and afternoons are the best time to visit as there are lesser crowds. The evenings can get crowded and you might face a traffic jam, so those times are best avoided.
The itinerary of the Kuala Lumpur Suburbs tour includes a visit to:
- The Royal Selangor Pewter factory that lasts for approx 30 minutes
- The Batik Silk Factory Showroom that lasts for approx 30 minutes
- Batu Caves that last for approx 40 minutes
- Drive through the local villages that last for approx 10 minutes
Your e-ticket can be redeemed at the time of boarding the tour bus.
Batu Caves is a series of limestone caves and cave temples which are located in Gombak, Selangor in Malaysia in the suburbs surrounding the city of Kuala Lumpur. These are situated 11 kilometers to the north of Kuala Lumpur and offer a fantastic view of the city’s skyline.
There are a total of 272 steps in the Temple. When the steps were originally built in the year 1920, these steps were all wooden. They have since been remade from concrete and have been painted in bright colours in the year 2018.
Wear comfortable walking shoes for the hike up to the Batu Caves. Also, when climbing the Batu Caves you can expect monkeys hanging around the trees or on the sides of the steps. So, it is advisable to keep any food or water hidden inside your bags when climbing.
The age limit for a children’s ticket is 2-11 years and costs Rs. 371.
The tour lasts for approx. three and a half hours. This includes the time taken in visiting the caves and the time taken for pick-up, travel and drop-off.
The Caves are open from 6:00 in the morning to 9:00 at night.
The Batu caves are a series of caves which include 3 major caves and several smaller ones. The biggest of the three caves is called the Temple cave or the Cathedral cave as its ceiling rises very high, in an almost cathedral-like fashion. The other two caves are known by the name of the Museum cave and the Art Gallery cave. Both these caves were renovated and re-opened to the public in the year 2008.
The limestone that forms the Batu Caves dates back to around 400 million years. Chinese settlers started to excavate guano from the caves around 1860 for fertilization of their vegetable patches. The English colonists and American naturalists made the caves famous after recording their history in the year 1878. The religious value of the place was established by Indian traders around the year 1890.
The Lord Murugan Statue in the Batu Caves temple rises as high as 140 feet and is the highest statue of a Hindu deity in Malaysia and the third largest statue of a Hindu deity in the world.
Have any question?
contact us @
Travellers Love This
This is a highly rated tour with Rating and 25 Ratings.
This tour has been bought more than 65 times.
Unforgettable memories & stunning views
Learn about Malaysia's history & customs in the suburbs
Visit the famous Batu Caves
Explore Kuala Lumpur's beautiful countryside
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.