Decked with swaying palm and coconut trees, Pantai Tengah is yet one of the popular beaches in Langkawi, Malaysia. It is the island's longest beach, measuring 700 metres. While it does not have many tourist attractions, the crystal clear blue waters and tranquil atmosphere are enough to captivate your heart. Pantai Tengah also offers a variety of water sports, dining options, shopping avenues, and massage parlours, making it an ideal destination for a romantic or family vacation.
The Langkawi Island of Malaysia is renowned for being the home to many breathtaking beaches, one of which is Pantai Tengah. Pantai Tengah, which translates to "Middle Beach," is Langkawi's longest beach, stretching 700 metres. It is located very close to the vibrant and busy Pantai Cenang beach and is often considered to be an extension of the same. Unlike Cenang, Pantai Tengah offers a tranquil and romantic ambience where you can enjoy private time with your loved ones away from the hustle and bustle of tourist crowds. The white sand beach is perfect for sunbathing and lounging by the seaside and enjoying mesmerising views of the Andaman sea. Though there are not many tourist attractions located on the Pantai Tengah beach, there are several massage parlours, shopping outlets, cafes, and restaurants to keep you busy throughout the day. You may also swim in the blue waters and engage in a variety of water activities like parasailing, jet skiing, and boating. This beach is also popular for its nightlife and houses many beach bars and pubs that come to life during the night and continue till dawn. If you are looking for a Malaysian beach that is both exciting and tranquil for a romantic or family outing, Pantai Tengah is the perfect destination!
Suggested For You: Best Places to Visit in Langkawi
• Swim in the Andaman sea and engage in fun recreational activities like jet skiing, banana boating, and parasailing.
• Enjoy the nightlife of Pantai Tengah Beach by heading to several beach pubs, discotheques, and bars located at the shore.
• Get a relaxing massage or spa treatment at the many spa and massage parlours available on the beach.
• Buy souvenirs, clothes, accessories, and all sorts of items from the shopping outlets at the beach.
• Taste a variety of cuisines from Iranian and Malay to Italian, Chinese and Indian at the quaint restaurants and eateries. Pantai Tengah is also famous for its Turkish and seafood dishes.
• Go island hopping and explore the surrounding islands like the Pulau Singa Besar, Pulau Dayang Bunting, and Beras Basah Island.
• Enjoy cocktails while soaking in breathtaking sunset views.
Pantai Tengah Beach is roughly 18 kilometres from Kuah Town and can be reached in less than 20 minutes via taxi from Langkawi International Airport. Jalan Pantai Tengah parallels and runs adjacent to the beach. There is no dearth of taxis on this road for returning to your hotel. However, taxi service becomes limited and nearly non-existent after midnight.
Must Explore: Places to Visit in Malaysia
The best time to visit Pantai Tengah Beach is between November and May when the weather is pleasant for engaging in all sorts of water activities. If you are not staying in Pantai Tengah, make sure to visit it at least during the nighttime to enjoy its famous nightlife. Avoid visiting the beach between September and October as these are the wettest months, and many water activities might be closed during this time.
Must Explore: Beaches in Langkawi
Here are some of Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that you can book via Thrillophilia: