About Langkawi Cable Car
Officially labelled as Langkawi SkyCab, the Langkawi Cable Car is one of the best things which Malaysia has to offer and it doesn’t fail to fascinate the visitors. People don’t miss out on a ride on the Langkawi cable car because of its spectacular location and many other things which it has in its vicinity.
This cable car has one of the stunning views of the Machinchang mountain range in the backdrop. It is 2150 meters long and reaches up to 680 meters offering a scenic view of the treetops of dense rainforest. The 15 minutes exhilarating cable car ride is filled with adventure and gives a chance to take a glimpse of the surreal view of the age-old rock formations and dense forests.
The Langkawi Cable car has three stations - Base station, Middle Station, Top Station, The base station is the location where the journey on the cable car starts and ends which is located at the Oriental Village in the North West of Langkawi Island. From this point, the cable cars run at 1700m to the middle station.
The next comes the middle station which is situated at an elevation of 650m above sea level. Passengers take a halt here to capture the surreal view of the mountains before riding the cable car again to complete the last 450m stretch to the Top Station. The last and the best part of the Langkawi cable car is the top station which is the highest point of the Langkawi Cable car which is located at an elevation of 708 m above the sea level.
There are twin view platforms where one can stand and enjoy the cool breeze and also witness the incredible 360-degree panoramic view over Langkawi.Know more about the Langkawi Cable Car and have an enthralling ride along with admiring the panoramic view of the place.
What Not to Miss at Langkawi Cable Car
2. SkyRex: SkyRex is a ride that ensures all the excitement and thrill for people who want to get a hang on all the fun. After entering the ride, the visitors have to take their seat on the tram styled simulator and get ready for 5 minutes of adventure to a new world. Filled with effects like dynamic motion, blasts of air, water spray and dramatic lighting, this ride gives one of its kind experiences of living the adventure for real.
3. SkyDome: SkyDome is a ride that one must definitely experience when visiting the Langkawi Cable Car. This initiative was taken to cut down the waiting time and create a memorable experience of the entire visit. Designed with 12 projectors, the SkyDome has around 360 degrees of the 3D image projections which gives an easy coverage of the entire view.
4. SkyBridge: Walking down the longest free span and curved bridge in the world is an experience that you definitely can’t miss. Built in 2004, this extraordinary man-made marvel is constructed over the Machinchang mountain. The bridge is accessible from the top station of the Langkawi cable car. Boasting a height of 82m and hanging around 100m above the ground, this bridge is perfect to give a boost to that adrenaline rush.
5. SkyGlide: Enjoy a ride at this cabin type of transport which moves from upwards to downwards as per the incline level. Riding on this spectacular glider will give a clear view of the mount Machincang and also its surroundings.
6. SkyBoutique: For the shopaholics, there are around three SkyBoutique shops that one can visit to buy souvenirs and merchandise like clothes, mugs, caps, keychains, magnets and many more things. One outlet is located at the Base Station, the second outlet is located at the top station, and the third one is situated at the Langkawi International Airport (LIA).
7. 6D Cinemotion: Langkawi has all the best ways to surprise its visitors and one of the things which sets the benchmark is the 6D Cinemotion. This is one of the first outdoor entertainment 6D cinemotion in Asia and the first in Langkawi. Boasting various combinations of the special effects, the main features of this cinemotion are the 3D stereoscopic movie and 5D special effects seats which let the visitors live the reel life for real.
8. 3D Art Langkawi: Situated in the proximity of the Oriental Village, this 3D art museum is spread across an area of 21,000 square feet. This place is known for displaying some of the fascinating things like the 3D interactive paintings done by a talented international artist.
9. SkyAdventure Park: This is the ideal place to look out for some of the thrilling rides and a beautiful view of nature. While riding through the bumpy trails, one can enjoy the surreal surroundings while going up and down the rides.
Other Essential Information About Langkawi Cable Car
1. Location: Jalan Telaga Tujuh, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
2. Timings: Mon-Thurs (10 AM-6 PM), Fri-Sun (9:30 AM-6 PM)
3. Entry Fee: Malaysians - Adult (RM 43), Child (2-12) RM 33, Adult Express Lane (RM 93 - No Queuing), Child Express Lane - (RM 83)
Non-Malaysians - Adult (RM 85), Child (2-12) RM 65, Adult Express Lane (RM 135 - No Queuing), Child Express Lane (RM - 115)
4. Best Time: The best time to visit the Langkawi cable car is on clear weather which can be seen only during the early morning hours.
5. Duration: 15 Minutes6. Distance from Langkawi City centre: The Langkawi cable car is located at a distance of 30.4 kms from the city centre.
Places to Stay Near Langkawi Cable Car
1. Geopark Hotel: Located at the foothills of the Gunung Machinchang, this is one of the best places to stay near Langkawi cable car. Boasting the boutique interiors along with 27 superior rooms and 3 suite accommodations, this place lets the visitors feel the charm of this magical island.
2. Berjaya Langkawi Resort: Resting amidst the surreal lush-green rainforests, this magnificent accommodation is located just a few steps away from the azure blue waters and the picturesque beachfront. To have a close view of the mother nature, this resort is the perfect place to stay near the Langkawi cable car.
3. AmAya Homestay: A stay at this surreal homestay will be filled with relaxation and rejuvenation of mind and body. Equipped with all the best features, this place stands out for its meditation in the spa which is a win-win situation for the visitors.
Places to Eat at Langkawi Cable Car
1. SkyBistro: Situated at the top station of the Langkawi cable car, the SkyBistro rests at an elevation of 700 meters above sea level. This dining space not just offers a wide array of food options, but also a unique vista and cool breeze to enjoy. After taking the adventurous ride, grab a cup of coffee or juice and snacks while enjoying the panoramic view from the top.
Traveller’s Tips for Visiting Langkawi Cable Car
1. Try to avoid getting out of the middle station while on the way down as there is a lot of rush. It takes a lot of time to get a seat on the gondola ride which comes fully occupied from the top station.
2. Huge rush of visitors can be seen during the weekends and public holidays. A similar situation can also occur if a cruise ship arrives at the port and a large number of visitors come as part of the cruise excursion.
3. Although taxis are usually available at the entrance of Oriental Village complex. Still it is advised to not release the taxi on a rush day as there is a shortage of getting taxis on some days.
4. The Langkawi cable car operates according to the weather conditions. In case of inclement weather, these cable cars do not operate so it is advised to call the authorities before you plan a visit here.
5. Avoid going for a ride on the Langkawi cable car during a cloudy day, as the clouds obstruct the beautiful view of the mountains.
6. The visitors can also ask for a free souvenir and a brochure at the ticket counter.