About Universal StudiosThe Universal studios Singapore is a uniquely designed studio thematically planned based on the popular Hollywood movies produced by the studio. Established in the year 2010 with 7 themed sections featuring innumerable rides and shows this destination is the ultimate zone for great rides and shows. The theme park is a property of the Resorts World Sentosa development and is among fun places to visit in Singapore. The park is based in a sprawling 18 acre property which has 18 original attractions inside it.
The Hollywood Boulevard will take you to Hollywood when you revisit the famous Hollywood titles on display here. Here you can click photos with your favorite stars and show it off to your friends. For lovers of science fantasy the sci-fi features some great rides including the interlocking roller coaster ride. Madagascar is the most popular zone suitable for all ages. It features some great rides and shows with wonderful sound and video effects.
The Universal studios in Singapore city is just not about the park with rides and entertainment, you can also find some lip smacking dishes served here at the restaurants stationed here. If you are a shopping freak, you will be tempted to choose from enviable collection of T-shirts, key chains and other little attractive thingies offered. You can access your favorite film, get royally welcomed by Shrek and explore the lost world without fearing the gigantic Dinos coming your way.
Get a piece of the great Hollywood movies here with 24 rides, all designed innovatively and maintained extremely well. If you are up for some adventures in Singapore like breathtaking rides, thrills down your spine, then spending a day at Universal Studios Singapore will be an exhilarating experience. The cinematic experience and 4-D experience will sway you by your feet, wanting you to come back again to witness nerve racking action and adventure.
Planning a Singapore Trip, Check Out: Affordable Singapore Tour Packages
One of the most popular destinations in this tropical locale is usually bustling with crowds with queues of people lining up for tickets to this amazing experience. The tickets are available with choices and sections which gives you the flexibility to plan your trip accordingly.
1. One day ticket: It is valid for a day’s visit.
The charges are: Adult (Age 13-59) - SGD 79
2. Annual pass: It gives you the privilege of 12 months of unrestricted access.
The charges are: Adult (Age 13-59) - SGD 198
3. Season pass: It comes with an exclusive membership of 6 months.
The charges are: Adult (Age 13-59) - SGD 108
4. Student seasonal pass: It also gives unlimited access for 6 months
The charge are: SGD 98
For more types and varieties of passes, the online site, gives a comprehensive guide on the prices and types depending on the season visit. The Studio is operable between 10.00 am and 8.00 pm and is located at the Sentosa Gateway.
Book the Ticket: Universal Studios Tickets at flat 28% off
Places to visit near Universal Studios Singapore
Singapore has some great sites to explore near and around the Universal Studios providing a complete package to everyone.
- Explore more than 100,000 marine animals fascinating you in the S.E.A. aquarium. You can experience the underwater life right here in the aquarium. This is surely a different experience which makes this place a must visit.
- The mechanical cranes at the Sentosa Crane dance, is sure to entice you with their innovative and revolutionary audio and light effects. The amazing water illusion created by the crane will leave you in awe.
- The giant roller coaster ride at the Puss in Boots giant journey is yet another attraction located near Universal studios. The adventure atop the giant beanstalk is one great option for those hunting for some nerve racking and edge of the seat thrilling voyage.
- A perfect escape with family, view dazzling sunsets and lush green vegetation, sitting in Singapore’s most famous offering. The Singapore cable car is an unmissable journey of thrilling ride across the plains of Singapore.
- The Madam Tussauds Singapore is a great amalgamation of glitterati and glamour. Movie stars, singers, popular players and a host of old world charm engulf this place making it the most happening places in town.
Suggested Read: Enticing Things to Do in Sentosa Island
Things to do in Universal Studios Singapore
- If you want to experience nerve racking experience with the most famous characters of the Universal Studios, then your visit here is surely every penny’s worth. The Universal studios is quite famous for a host of things are listed below
- Take joyful rides, designed in different spaces and time. The Transformers ride is the ultimate 3D battle designed as a ride suitable for all ages. If you are a fan of The Mummy, then the indoor roller coaster will take you through the dark tunnels to the world of mummies and beetles. Kids will have a gala time going on the unique treasure hunt to be embarked on a jeep ride through an excavation site. The Jurassic Park rapid adventure is yet another gripping water ride through the habitat of the dinosaurs.
- Enjoy some great shows with the fireworks spectacular which shows some vibrant fireworks with great music. Water world is a great show, which showcases some death defying stunts.
- Get set for some great street entertainment here with the Rhythm truck featuring groovy foot tapping music. The Hollywood dreams Light-up Parade runs a gigantic parade of some great moments of the famous movies of the studio. The Turntables is a great interactive show featuring latest pop tracks allowing participating and enjoying the show.
Also Check: Amusing and Fun Things To Do in Singapore
Best Time to Visit Universal Studios Singapore
It is a great indoor fun and can be enjoyed any time of the year. The months of March, June, September and December are busiest months here with crowds from everywhere swarming to see this wonder. If you want to avoid crowds, you can visit months apart from them. If you choose to visit during these months then, avoid visiting on a weekend to find manageable crowds. But you might just miss some weekend fun which might not be offered on weekdays.
Know More: Best Time and Season to Visit Singapore
Tips for Visiting Universal Studios Singapore
- To get your dose of unbridled entertainment, the universal studio is a great zone to experience just that. But if you are first time visitor, you need to keep certain things in mind before you go aboard on this joy ride.
- If you plan your trip around the off season you will not have to worry about getting lost in the crowd.
- It is always better to book your tickets online so that you don’t have to undergo the tortuous path of tackling huge crowds waiting to go inside.
- Pack only necessities for the trip. You might not want to carry a heavy bag the entire day so fill it only with the necessities.
- Go over the website and decide before hand the rides you want to go. It will save you the time and energy to wait at different counters.
- Do not miss the parades and take every little effort to get yourself clicked with the characters for wonderful remembrance.
- Start early because the early you are, the less tired you will get because the as the day passes, the crowds get thickened making you tired and weary.
- Always carry an umbrella for the unpredictable weather of Singapore.
Must Read: Things to Do in Singapore with Kids to have fun
How to reach Universal Studios Singapore from Airport?
There about 4 ways with which you can get to Universal Studios from the Airport.
1. If you take the subway, it will take about an hour.
2. The taxi or self drive will take you about 25 minutes to cover the 25 kms distance.
3. The bus rides are cheaper but it will take about 2 hours to reach dampening your spirit.
4. The quickest way to get from Changi Airport MRT Station to Universal Studios Singapore is to shuttle which costs $20 and takes 23m.
Recommended Read: Unusual Things to Do in Changi Airport Singapore
Q1. What is there to do in Universal Studios Singapore?
The Universal Studios is an entertainment zone meant for visitors for all age groups. The studio has themed attractions with rides, shows and street shows to enjoy. The rides are thrilling, adventurous and also educational. Shows are uniquely designed with emphasis on audio and visual effects. The street shows are entertaining and vibrant. You can also shop from the enormous display of wares and also dine at some of the best eat-outs located at the premises.
Q2. How do I get to Universal Studios Singapore?
The Universal Studios is only 10 minutes away from the Central Business district. It is accessible from all modes of transportation. The nearest station is the MRT Harbour Front station. To get inside the premises, you can use the Sentosa express or RWS8 bus. If you are planning to take a cab you need to stop at the Casino and take the escalator where you will be able to see the Globe.
Also Read: Relaxing Things to do in Singapore this Weekend
Q3. What does Universal Studios Singapore ticket include?
The one day admission ticket at the Universal Studios will allow you to enter the park where you can enjoy all the shows and rides. Food and shopping will be charged separately. Universal express pass is an add-on pass which can be purchased online to skip the regular traffic.
Q4. What is unique about Universal Studios Singapore?
The studio has a great ambience with Hollywood themes in it. The rides are extra ordinary and again theme based. The shows are rife with wonderful special effects and great sound to make your experience all encompassing. The entire premises give you the advantage of taking the resort as it is adjoining the Sentosa resort property.
Suggested Read: Unique Things to do in Singapore
Q5. How long does it take to visit and view the entire Universal Studios Singapore?
The Universal studios has 7 themed spaces and more than 25 rides to explore. If you want to be at east with the rides and not rush up to complete the entire premise, then a minimum of 5 hours is surely on the cards.
Q6. Where it is located?
The Theme park is located within the Sentosa World resort at the 8, Sentosa Gateway. A mere 10 minute drive from the Central Business district, the studios falls in the prime location of Singapore.
Must Read: Water Parks & Theme Parks in Singapore to be amused by.
Q7. Is food allowed in Universal Studios Singapore?
There are restrictions on carrying food inside the premises. Outside food and drinks are not allowed here. The visitors can bring water bottles to fill waters from the water stations at every nook and corner of the studio.
Q8. Is it allowed to take pictures in the Universal Studios Singapore?
DSLR camera is allowed inside the studio where visitors can take some great photographs at photo spots of the studio. For some attractions, the guests will not be allowed to take their cameras inside and will be asked to put their camera in the lockers provided.
Check Out: Things to Do in Singapore for Couples
Q9. Do I need ID for Universal Studios?
The photo ID is an absolute compulsory element at the studios. You have to present your photo id at the time of entrance with the ticket for identification purpose. It is always better to carry your photo id considering some rides could be suitable only for some age.
Q10. Are rides free in Universal Studios?
The admission ticket purchased will cover all the rides and shows. Only food items and purchases made at the retail points will be chargeable according to the items bought.
Popular Read: Free Things to Do in Singapore
Q11. How big is Universal Studios Singapore?
The universal studios is a 20 hectares property which occupies the eastern part of the Resort World Sentosa. There are in total 24 different attractions, out of which 18 are adapted for the park specifically.
Q12. Can you leave and reenter Universal Studios?
Yes ,you can certainly leave the Universal studios in the middle of your treat. If you want to come back after some time, ensure that on your way out, you get the reentry stamp on your hand. Also do not throw away your ticket. This will ensure that you will be allowed to reenter the premises.
Must Check: Enthralling Sentosa Island Attractions
Q13. Tell me more about Universal Express Pass and Universal Express Unlimited Pass.
The universal express pass is a separate ticket applicable on the day pass that allows the guests to enjoy shorter waiting time for the rides. A lot of good attractions are included in this, and there are primarily two types of the Universal express pass namely the Universal express pass and universal express unlimited pass. The universal express pass is applicable only once at each attraction which you wish to participate. If you opt for the Universal Express Unlimited pass, it will allow you gain multiple accesses to the participating attraction throughout the day. The universal express starts from $S30 regardless of age. The Universal express unlimited starts from $S50 regardless of age. Both the types of universal express will be non transferrable and the guests will be given a band for identification.
Q14. What can I bring into Universal Studios Singapore?
Only necessities are allowed inside the Studios. For water rides, it is advisable that you carry spare clothes with you along. No food item and water should be carried inside the studio as everything is available there for the visitor.
Honeymoon Special: Modest Singapore Honeymoon Packages
Q15. Are there facilities for the handicapped?
Yes there are facilities for the handicapped at Universal Studios Singapore. Wheelchair rentals are also available in the Park. Most of the buildings are one storey so easily accessible by wheelchair. Additionally, all the stores, restaurants, lockers, toilets and common areas are all wheelchair friendly. Both regular and electric wheelchairs are available for rent near the entrance of the Park. Invalids can also use their own wheelchair within the Park premises. The visually impaired can bring their service animals. However, the animals are not allowed on the rides.
Q16. How many types of rides are available in Universal Studios Singapore and what is the most worth playing ride?
Universal Studios Singapore features about 28 rides and attractions in 7 zones with their own themes. Rides range from adrenaline-pumping ones like The Transformers or The Revenge of the Mummy to exploring rides like The Treasure Hunters. There are roller coasters and water rides.
The most entertaining rides are Battlestar Galactica which has two rides in one, The Transformers which is a 3D ride and the Jurassic Park Rapids.
However, all the rides and other attractions are included in the entrance tickets.
Must Read: Famous Resorts in Singapore
Q17. Any recommendations which ride to go first?
Universal Studios Singapore has several rides and attractions. If you are a thrill-seeker then the first ride can be the Battlestar Galactica which is a two in one ride with the Humans and Cylons roller coaster and this is one of the most intense rides in the Park. If you are travelling with kids then the best rides to start with are King Julien's Beach Go Round or Crate Adventure. There is an entire zone with family and kid-friendly rides and attractions.
Q18. How can I make the most use of my time at Universal Studios in Singapore?
- First of all, get an express pass. This is a major time saver
- Go on non-peak days to make the most of your time in the Park. Try to avoid weekends, school or public holidays.
- Reaching the Park early will give you more time to explore the attractions and the queues are also shorter.
- Rides like Battlestar Galactica, Revenge of the Mummy and Transformers have shorter queues because of their intensive nature. So you can try these first if you like adventurous rides like these.
- Keep the family rides for last as they tend to have longer queues and turnaround time.
- There is usually a parade held at around 5PM. You can use this time to complete all the rides you have missed as most people will be drawn to the parade.
- Try buying tickets online. This will also save a lot of queue time.
- Try single rider queue and ride alone. It works faster.
- Get acquainted with the layout of the Park.
- Choose your rides beforehand or make a list of the rides you like. It really helps.
Suggested Read: 30 Best Bars in Singapore
Q19. What are the preferred method of payment inside Universal Studios Singapore?
Universal Studios Singapore accepts cash, credit/debit cards. Other modes of payments accepted here are China Union Pay (CUP), NETS, RWS Gift Vouchers, Genting Dollars, Entertainment Vouchers, Alipay and Invites Dollars.
Q20. What should I do if I feel unwell?
The first thing to do if you feel unwell is to get in touch with the Staff at the Park. There is First-Aid assistance available at the Park.
Check Out: Amusing Things to do in Singapore at Night
Q21. Are there age, height or weight restrictions for the attractions in the theme park?
Visitors under 80 cm are not allowed on the rides. Hand-holding infants are not allowed. Kids can enjoy rides with an accompanying adult. But they should meet the necessary height requirements of each ride. The Universal Studios Singapore has a full Riders Guide that has details on the necessary precautions and restrictions that need to be followed strictly.
Q22. Where can I loan strollers/wheelchairs in Universal Studios Singapore?
Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent at the Universal Studios Singapore. The Rentals store is near the entrance next to the lockers and washrooms. The charges for a Single Stroller is S$15, Double Strollers S$20, Wheelchair S$15 and electrical convenience vehicles S$50.
Also Read: Luxurious Hotels in Singapore
Q23 Do I have to pay extra to visit the attractions in Universal Studios Singapore?
All rides and attractions are included in the Admission Tickets hence you do not need to pay extra to visit the many attractions in Universal Studios Singapore. Extra payments are required for food and other retail products. Some special events such as the Halloween Horror Nights require separate payments.
Q24. I lost my ticket(s)/ I forgot the confirmation number of my ticket(s). Is there a way to retrieve it?
If you purchased the tickets online then you need to visit the Guest Services centre and give them the details of the credit/debit card number you used to purchase the ticket along with your photo identification proof. For tickets purchased onsite, visit the Guest Services counter and provide proof of purchase.
Popular Read: Celebratory Festivals in Singapore
Q25. Why is there a discrepancy in ticket prices bought online and on-site?
This is usually due to promotional activities meant for online purchases only. It could also be an offer made exclusively by the online store or website for their own promotional activities.
Q26. Are tickets transferable?
No, the tickets to Universal Studios Singapore are not transferable. The tickets are valid for the day and they need to be used by the same person.
Must Read: Places to Visit in Singapore with Family to have fun
Q27. Are tickets refundable?
No. Tickets once sold are non-refundable in any condition. These rules apply for all terms and conditions including unfavourable weather conditions.
Q28. Are there lockers available for rent?
Yes, lockers are available for rent throughout the Park. For bigger bags or other essentials, visitors can use the big lockers at the entrance of the Park. Oversized luggage can be stored in the Rental Services Counter and visitors are charged S$35 per item. Battlestar Galactica and Revenge of the Mummy has free lockers for visitors to keep loose articles during the ride. However, make sure you pick them up once the ride is over or else you will be charged for the extra time used.
Check Out: Enticing Things to Do in Sentosa at Night