About Singapore FlyerExperience the breathtaking views of magical Singapore from one of the most massive observation wheels in Asia. No matter whether you are a local resident or a tourist here, there’s only one place to embrace the elegance of the entire city through a bird’s eye view.
Singapore Flyer will take you to a great height from where you can capture some astounding panoramic views of the whole island city.
Rising as high as 165 meters from the ground level, Singapore Flyer gives you the liberty to marvel at the unique beauty stretched miles across. To witness the 360-degree iconic feast, you need to head towards Marina Bay where this giant observation wheel is located.
Singapore Flyer comprises 28 safely enveloped glass capsules to take you to its maximum height. Each capsule is fully air-conditioned to make your 30-minute journey to be a refreshing one.
You can plan your visit to the Singapore Flyer either during the day or night. The best time would be sunset, as this iconic island city dazzles as the sunlight undergoes. As it darkens slowly, the entire town illuminates in the twinkling lights of a unique edifice.
As soon as you reach its maximum height, you can capture some beautiful views of the Singapore River, Empress Place, Merlion Park, Padang, and Raffles Park. If the weather is clear, and if you are fortunate enough, you can even spot all those landmarks that stand at a distance of around 45 km.
If you are not satiated with these, there’s something more in store for you. Do not miss the chance to witness the magic of State-of-the-art XD theatre. Here, you can enjoy the first 6D motion ride of Singapore.
If that doesn’t work for you, head towards Flight Experience to witness the charm of real 737 simulators. To be at any of these locations, you need to climb to the second floor of the terminal building of your Singapore Flyer.
Suggested Read: 55 Best Tourist Places to Visit in Singapore.
What Not to Miss at Singapore Flyer1. Time Capsule: Visually stunning and informative at best, Time Capsule is one of the top family attractions in Singapore Flyer. Quite literally, the Time Capsule takes one back 700 years through multi-sensory exhibits, with interactive infographics delivering a real sense and feel of the past-city.
The attraction spans across two floors- while the first floor is dedicated to the city’s past, the second is dedicated to Singapore’s present.
The combination of light and music here is especially awe-inspiring here; each exhibit is replete with its own interactive screens, audio-visual aids and kaleidoscopic visual treats that promise to leave one entranced.
2. Singapore Flyer Sky Dining: If you’re looking for a special dining experience with a loved one, Singapore Flyer Sky Dining would be right up your alley. The Sky Dining activity reserves a shared capsule for two, for an hour-long dining experience. Approximately, the experience lasts for two turns of the iconic wheel.
A four course dinner of choice cuisine- Western, Oriental or Vegetarian- accompanies the stunning views of the Marina below. Each dining couple is accompanied by an in-house host to wait on them. The Sky Dining experience also comes with a complimentary entry to the Time Capsule after the Flyer ride.
3. Singapore Sling Experience: Looking for a bar with a view? Opt for the Sling experience at the Singapore Flyer and have your desires delivered. An iconic alternative to any rooftop bar, the Sling experience offers a private capsule for two on the Flyer, along with a glass of the traditional Sling drink and an assortment of snacks.
The experience lasts for about 30 minutes, or one turn of the iconic wheel. Lounging in the spacious capsule, riders get to enjoy the Singaporean special along with uninterrupted views of the Marina that stretches below it.
Things to Do at Singapore Flyer1. Enjoy at Joyscoot at Level 1: From Joyscoot at Level 1, enjoy the scenic beauty of the vastly stretched Marina Bay. As soon as you scoot to all the nearby attractions of Marina Bay, gather fun throughout your touring experience. There are e-scooters to e-bicycles to hoverboards for your enjoyment.
Pick up anyone and ride over it effortlessly. There’s also a complimentary lesson for you to reap out the best from your adventurous trip. For the best experience, make sure to be throughout the working hours of Joyscoot, i.e. from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm.
2. Witness the magic of Flight Experience : What if I tell you that you can fulfil your dream to be a pilot at least for a day? Yes, its Flight Experience to rotate its magical whip to bring your dreams to life. A day at Flight Experience gives you complete liberty to be a pilot and fly a real commercial airliner.
If there’s something to bother you about flying, do not panic as there are instructors to guide you throughout. There’s a cockpit in the flight simulator which is equipped with fully operational avionics and computer systems. You have a choice to opt for any of the 24000 airports to fly your simulator in and out.
These simulators have approval from the New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority for the purpose of pilot training. Flight Experience is there for your entertainment from morning 10:00 am to the night at 10:00 pm.
Explore more: Best Beaches in Singapore
3. Magical XD theatre: Get ready for some multi-sensory experience at the one and only one Magical XD theatre. Here, you will be witnessing the bliss of racing through the snow-capped mountains or blast through Arctic’s glacial landscapes. If this doesn’t sound pleasing to your eyes, head towards the 10-seater motion simulator for a real experience.
Magical XD theatre operates from the afternoon at 12:00 pm to night at 09:00 pm. Avoid Wednesdays, as XD theatre remains closed for weekly off on Wednesdays.
4. Flyer Lounge: For a perfect business meet, there’s no best place to gather except the Flyer Lounge, which is located on the third floor of Singapore Flyer building. It serves both coffee and other drinks to keep the momentum of your professional meeting.
You can try a hand at a broad range of cocktails while sitting amidst a contemporary atmosphere. For a quick refreshing time from your long and tiring meet, do not forget to gaze at the Marina Bay.
Also Check: Amazing Things to Do Singapore.
Places to Eat at Singapore Flyer
1. Sky View Pavilion: Serving a wide range of traditional Cantonese, dining at the Sky View Pavilion comes with the added facility of stunning city views. The restaurant sports full length windows that offer uninterrupted panoramas of the Marina below. The Sky View Pavilion has a private dining facility as well, and can arrange for a more intimate setting upon request.
2. Singapore Food Treats: A community food centre, the stalls at Singapore Food treats serve hot and fresh preparation of local Singaporean street foods. Visitors can sit down to a plate of Laksa, Chicken Rice and Bak Kut Teh. The fares here are simple and freshly prepared.
3. Daily Kopi: When in search of a coffee break, head over to Daily Kopi, the local coffee shop at the Singapore Flyer. Along with the traditional kopi-si, which is essentially coffee with condensed milk, Daily Kopi also offers a variety of snack items to refresh every visitor.
4. Jus Juice: For a healthy snack, head over to Jus Juice, the Flyer’s very own juice bar. The bar offers a select variety of freshly prepared juices, devoid of artificial sweeteners and squeezed out of the best local produce.
5. Bhandari’s Saffron: At Bhandari’s saffron, an eclectic blend of the finest chefs and freshly picked spices make for a fine Indian dining experience. The menu here offers a variety of North and South Indian items, prepared with the utmost care.
6. Gelatissimo: A delight for all ages, Gelatissimo prides in its fantastic range of classic and inventive ice cream flavours. Apart from its silk-smooth ice cream, Gelatissimo also prepares a host of sweet items such as waffles, bambino cakes, donuts and more.
7. Plume: Inspired by the multicolored plumage of a peacock, Plume combines the best of Indian and international cuisine under one roof. Doubling as an events hall and a bistro, Plume is well regarded for its outstanding catering and visual appeal.
Other Essential Information About Singapore FlyerWhile you need to reserve one entire day to reap out the best experience at the Singapore Flyer, there are many other things and places to enjoy within its vicinity. Here are some of them:
1. Rejuvenate your mind, soul and body at Kenko Spa: Nothing sounds as refreshing as pampering yourself with a rejuvenating spa therapy at the Kenko Spa center. You can either opt for acupuncture therapy to relieve the tension build-up on your muscles or go for a natural exfoliation treatment with a fish spa.
Read More: Best Spas in Singapore
2. Spend some quality time at the Tourist and Transit Hub: Well-known as one of the excellent tourist stop points of Singapore, Tourist and Transit Hub You can enjoy strolling along the Marina Bay’s water edge and admire the views that surround you.
3. Captain Explorer DUKW Tour: Enjoy like you never did before at Captain Explorer DUKW Tour. This is the one-of-its-kind adventurous tour to watch both land and water amphibians. Your trip will be an audio-guided tour to introduce you to some fascinating facts about the city’s famous landmarks such as the Supreme Court, War Memorial, Esplanade, City Hall, and Padang. For every sixty minutes, there’s another ride ready for you.
Must Read: Best Things to Do in Singapore at Night.
4. A mysterious world awaits for you to mark your presence : Have you been to the Cloud Forest? If not, make sure that you schedule your visit here. The breathtaking mountain views are surely going to leave you spellbound. Everywhere, you can find diversified vegetation with hidden floral gems. It is the best way to learn more about the rare floral species and why are they signing off so soon from our Planet.
5. Gardens by the Bay: If you ever happen to witness the magical waters of Marina Bay, make sure that you do not forget to visit Gardens by the Bay. Cherishing yourself with the beauty of a premier horticulture attraction is in itself a relaxing thing to do near the Singapore Flyer.
You can witness the amalgamation of three different waterfront gardens here at Gardens by the Bay – Bay East, bay South, and bay Central.
Planning for a Honeymoon trip to Singapore: Book Best Singapore Honeymoon Packages.
Tips for Visiting Singapore Flyer
- The best time to visit the Flyer is during dusk, so one can catch the sun setting beyond the city’s skyline
- If you want to avoid the crowd at peak tourist hours, it is best to visit the Flyer during early morning
- It is best to purchase one’s ticket online in order to avoid a queue
- The combination deals here are generally better discounted than individual attraction tickets
- Pre-booked experiences, such as the Sling Experience or the Sky Dining experience, need to be booked and verified on spot at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time, so it is best to arrive early