About Wings of TimeThe Wings of Time is an award-winning outdoor night show. Set out against the majestic South China Sea, the Wings of Time uses a grand display of water, laser, fire and music to create a fantastic love story on a larger than life water-screen. This epic show is all about the story of Shahbaz, a pre-historic bird, and his adventures as he travels along with mystical landscapes with his friends Rachel and Felix.
Through the use of light and other effects, the show recreates artistic representations of landscapes and historical periods such as the Industrial Revolution, the Silk Road era, the Mayan Pyramids, Underwater World and an African savanna. The Wings of Time show was created by ECA2, an award-winning French Show Company that has been creating and conducting multimedia shows around the world for the past 25 years.
It is the first permanent night show in the world and makes use of multiple multimedia effects such as 3D projection mapping, state of the art lasers, water fountains and Jets and pyrotechnics. This magnificent show is held twice daily, once at 7.40 pm and another at 8.40pm, each show spanning around twenty minutes. Any spectator above the age of four will require a ticket of their own, which is non-refundable, no matter what the weather conditions are. The show provides free dining, snack and gift vouchers upon redemption of tickets.
Location: Beach View, Sentosa, Singapore 098604
Timings: The Wings of Time has a show twice daily, at 07.40 pm and 08.40 pm.
Wings Of Time Attractions Pass Types
1. Singapore Flexi Attractions Pass: This Attraction Pass is a customizable pass. Buyers get to choose multiple attractions from its provided itinerary of attractions around Singapore, including the Wings of Time. One may choose to include either three or five attractions in their self-designed Attractions Pass, and the passes are priced accordingly, with the 5-attractions package costing more. The Singapore Flexi Pass is valid for up to five days from its issue.
2. Singapore Flexi Plus Premium Plus: Like the Singapore Flexi Attractions Pass, this pass too allows the user to choose between three to five attractions of their choice, and includes a complimentary pass to Universal Studios or iFly Singapore. This pass also comes with a free, informative guidebook or an app with maps, directions and guiding tips.
3. Singapore Unlimited Attractions Pass: This pass allows the user to visit any of the attractions issued under its list of 35 attractions. The passes are priced differently for the number of days used- 2,3 or 5 consecutive days- and expires after 6 months of its date of issue. The Pass allows single admissions to the selected attractions only and provides a free guidebook with maps and directions.
4. Cable Car Free and Easy Package: This package allows one to choose between a two or four-ride package, along with the Singapore Cable Car Sky Network ride. This package is partially customizable and allows the user to choose the two or four attractions of their choice from a list of Singapore attractions, including the Wings of Time.
Things To Do At The Wings Of Time
1. Enjoy the show: The Wings of Time is the only outdoor night show in the world and provides an experience that is both unique and out of the world at the same time. It is an innovative use of light, water play, fire effects and music to create a story of a mythical bird and its adventures across fantastic landscapes. The Wings of Time Show is voted as the best attraction in Singapore, owing to its singular and unparalleled use of multimedia effects.
2. Redeem vouchers: The show provides a free gift, dinner and snack vouchers on the redemption of the show tickets. Tickets must be redeemed at least an hour before the show starts, and can be done at the Self-Serviced Redemption Kiosks placed in specific locations such as the Beach Station, Imbiah Lookout, Merlion Plaza or Waterfront Station.
Best Time To Visit The Wings Of Time
Since Wings of Time is an outdoor night show, it would be inadvisable to visit it during the winter or monsoon months. The summer weather, lasting between July and Singapore, should be a perfect time to attend the show. Even certain nights can become chilly before the fountain show, and adequate clothing must be carried.
Places To Shop Near The Wings Of Time
1. Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom Souvenir Shop: As is evident in its name, this souvenir shop is a venture of Sentosa Island's Butterfly Park and the Insect Kingdom. This shop offers memorabilia and souvenirs, including keychains, wall hangings, totes among other things in the shape of butterflies
2. Cheers: Cheers is a homegrown, 24-hour grocery store perfect to fill in your everyday needs, and offers toiletries, newspapers, magazines, snacks and other regular grocery wares.
3. FUN Shop Beach Plaza: Among other things, The FUN Shop Beach Plaza boasts of Wing of Time themed souvenirs, such as T-Shirts or other small mementoes. This Shop also sells other Sentosa themed memorabilias, ranging from plush soft toys to handbags and key chains.
Places To Dine Near The Wings Of Time
1 Coasts: Situated along the Siloso Beach area, this outdoor restaurant provides a perfect setting for a laid-back, casual dining experience. The menu prides in fresh seafood, pizzas and pasta while the beach bar serves premium beers and house spirits.
2. Cassia: Cassia is a contemporary Chinese restaurant serving traditional Cantonese recipes with a twist. The restaurant is known for its use of regional recipes and the freshest local seasonal ingredients in its kitchens. Cassia also has a special Oriental Dim Sum Afternoon Tea menu between 3-5pm on weekends and public holidays.
3. The Knolls: Serving Mediterranean menu with a twist, this beachfront Restaurant overlooking the South China Sea is the perfect spot for leisurely dining. The restaurant opens early at 7 am and closes around midnight.
Places To Stay Near The Wings Of Time
1. Le Meridien Singapore: Surrounded by lush, landscaped private gardens, Le Meridian Singapore provides housing to its guests in a restored colonial building. Designed by a Japanese designer firm, this smoke-free accommodation boasts of an indoor infinity pool and a fully equipped gym and fitness centre.
2. Amara Sanctuary: Boasting of panoramic views of the South China Sea, this beachfront hotel houses four outdoor pools and two dining options (indoor and outdoor), and a spa. Rooms are fitted with their own Wi-Fi service, coffee and tea makers, and Smart TV. The hotel also provides free return shuttle services to Harbourfront.
3. Village Hotel Sentosa by Far East: Located 1km away from Adventure Cove Waterpark, this 4-star hotel boasts of a fully air-conditioned room, each fitted with a bathroom and free Wi-Fi service. The hotel also has an outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
4. Capella Singapore: This beachfront hotel is situated within the rainforests of Sentosa Island, and features three outdoor pools and spa services. Rooms include a living area and a bedroom and come with complimentary in-room refreshments. Guests staying at Capella Hotel enjoy free admission into Sentosa Island. The hotel also provides free shuttle services to selected attractions for all its guests.
Places To Visit Near The Wings Of Time
1. The Skyride and Skyline Luge: The Skyline Luge is a one-of-its-kind, wheeled, anti-gravity ride, which gives the rider complete control over their speed of descent down set tracks. The Kupu Kupu track and the Dragon Trail are two of the several choices for tracks offered by The Luge. For those desiring to take things a little easier, the Skyride offers a fun, chairlift experience that lifts the rider to a perfect bird's eye view of the South China Sea.
2. Universal Studio: The greatest attraction in Sentosa Island, Singapore, Universal Studios is a theme amusement park featuring 28 rides. The park has movie-themed attractions such as Battlestar Galactica and Transformer rides, the Jurassic Park Rapids adventure as well as live-action shows and other entertainment features like a firework display.
3. Adventure Cove Waterpark: Situated within Resorts World Sentosa, Adventure Cove Waterpark provides water-based engagements for thrill-seekers and peace lovers alike. Apart from its adrenaline-inducing water slides and tunnels, Adventure Cove's unique attractions include the Ray Bay and Rainbow Reef, which allows one to get up close to around 20,000 species of fish and corals.
4. Trick Eye Museum: The Trick Eye Museum on Sentosa Island is a unique interactive museum, that allows spectators to experience augmented reality through 3D and 4D paintings and art installation. The spectators are left at their liberty to touch and feel through the different exhibits, recreate scenes from popular fairy tales and stories, or even walk into life-sized, realistic versions of famous paintings.
How To Reach The Wings Of Time From The Airport?
The Wings of Time can be reached from the airport via the subway, which is the cheapest transportation to the place and takes about 55 minutes to reach there. Alternatively, one can also avail direct buses from the airport, which takes a much longer time, ranging from 1 hour to 4 hours depending on the bus route. The shortest way to reach the museum from the airport would be to avail a cab or a taxi, which would take around 30 minutes to arrive at the destination.
Q1. What is Wings of Time famous for?
Wings of Time is famous for its unique multimedia shows using the magnificent sea as its backdrop for water screening 3D projections. Theis show includes the use of laser lights, exquisite 3D animations, robotics, water fountains and much more, which is put together in a 20 minutes long, highly amusing narrative. It is considered to be the best way to end a day out in Singapore. Art lovers receive a visual treat from the fireworks and marvelous storytelling by the fictional bird named Shahbaz. Along with Shahbaz are Rachel and Felix, who all, together travel across mesmerizing landscapes and the enigmas of time to depict the Industrial Revolution, the Silk Road era, Mayan Pyramids, Underwater world and African Savanna. This tale of courage and discovery is quite a magical experience to which Wings of Time owes its fame.
Q2. How to get to Wings of Time by public transport?
The Wings of Time theatre is located at Siloso Beach to which one has to walk to whichever public transport they avail. The nearest train stations that are located at an average of 6 minutes walking distance are Sentosa Beach Station, Beach View Road, Bikini Bar, Go Green Segway Eco adventure and Le Meridien Singapore Sentosa. The train that provides easy conveyance is Sentosa Express which makes stops at Imbiah Station, Harbourfront Station and VivoCity, Level 3, Lobby L. One can take the cable car only up to Sentosa Station, whence the train has to be availed or one can take a taxi directly to Beach Station Taxi Stand. Bus routes which go through or near Siloso Beach would be 123 and BUS A and the Underground line for the same would be the North East Line.
Q3. What are the show timing of Wings of Time?
The show timings of Wings of Time are daily, from 7.40 pm to 8.05 pm and from 8.40 pm to 9.05 pm. One should be present there at least 45 minutes to an hour before the show time, to reserve a good seat.
Q4. How long is the wings of time show?
The Wings of Time show is 20 minutes long.
Q5. What is Wings of Time?
Wings of Time is the only permanent night show in the world that is set in the open sea. It was created in partnership with Sentosa by ECA2, an award-winning French show company that has created, developed and implemented multimedia shows for more than 2 decades, across the globe. It is viewed against a splendid backdrop of the sea on a huge water screen. The audience can expect breathtaking 3D projections, lasers, robotic water-fountains and pyrotechnics, interwoven into a 20 minute long newfangled storyline that is bound to entertain and amaze all.
The plot features a fictional bird named Shahbaz, who is responsible for the entire narration. He is joined by his human pals, Rachel and Felix on their travels to foreign lands crossing the barriers of time, through the British Industrialisation Revolution, Silk Road era, Mayan Pyramids, Underwater World and the African Savannah. These characters incite courage, bravery and the value of friendship through their enthralling tales that are bound to entertain even the most unenthusiastic viewer.
Since the show takes place at night, the slowly darkening sky coupled with the theatrics of the narration makes the show a multi-sensory must-watch. The actors too appear in the audience from time to time, to add to the extra-dimensional effect. The entire setup is built together with water, laser and fire effects set to the tune of resounding music and facilitating resplendent imagery, which can hold the attention of a range of audience, adult and child alike.
Q6. Why should I purchase my ticket online in advance?
You should purchase your ticket online in advance to enjoy guaranteed seating, because the show works on a first come, first serve basis. Also, one can avail the tickets at discounted rates, online, which is not possible on site. One must carry valid photo ID with them at all times.
Q7. Does this show have wheelchair facilities?
Yes, this show provides wheelchair facilities upon request.