Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Starting From: Kandy
Trip Location: Kandy
About the Kandy Day Tour:
- After picked up at 8:00 am from the hotel in Kandy, you will explore the most popular places in Kandy, including Bahirwa Kanda hill which has a massive Buddha statue standing upon it.
- Pay a visit to the Royal Botanical Gardens and witness the exquisite collection of orchids.
- Set off on an adventurous hike to the Udawattakele Forest Reserve and relish the magnificent vistas on the way.
- Embark upon a spiritual Kandy city tour by visiting Tooth Relic temple situated in the royal palace complex. This temple has preserved Buddha’s sacred tooth since time unknown.
- Head towards Kandy View Point and capture the most panoramic shots with your loved ones.
- Take a break from the Kandy day tour and enjoy the scrumptious meals at a well-known restaurant.
- Learn about the local delicacies and drinks of the city at Mawanella spice garden and Girigama Tea factory. At 4:00 pm approx. you will be drop off to your hotel.
About The Kandy City:
Popular as the cultural capital of Sri Lanka, Kandy City is known for its alluring temples and numerous sightseeing spots. A typical Kandy day tour is a perfect blend of scenic attractions, religious shrines, food joints, and historical monuments. From relaxing in the Royal Botanical Garden to enjoying the city view from the back of Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue, there are a wide array of activities that Kandy city tour offers to its visitors.
If you wish to delve into the rich history of Kandy, don’t forget to explore the iconic temple of Tooth Relic which has held a tooth of Buddha since ages. On your visit to this temple, you can also soak in the beauty of its nearby Kandy lake. This lake is the most sought-after spot in the city which lures the visitors with its isolated surroundings.
Kandy city also encompasses some really popular restaurant which will leave you gaping in awe of its delicious local cuisines. Some of the popular restaurants in this area include The Kandy Garden Cafe, Foodlands, and Licensed To Grill.
Write Your Story
How to use booking voucher?
In order to use the booking voucher, you have to present an online or printed copy of the voucher. This voucher will be valid only for a specific date and time.
What are the popular attractions in Kandy?
Kandy city tour covers many popular attractions which will make you fall in love with this city. Some of its touristy destinations are listed below.
- Kandy lake
- Royal Botanical Gardens, this place is no less than a paradise.
- Temple of Tooth Relic
- Bahiravokanda Buddha Statue.
- Girigama Tea Factory
- Mawanella Spice Garden.
What activities we can do in Kandy?
Kandy day tour surprises its visitors with a plethora of rejuvenating activities which will quench their wanderlust.
- Take a stroll through the Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Embrace spirituality at the Temple of Tooth Relic.
- Recharge yourself at Udawattakele Forest Reserve nature hike.
- Please your taste buds with the local cuisines at Mawanella spice garden.
- Take a rejuvenating sip at Girigama Tea Factory.
What is the best time to visit Kandy?
December to April is the best time to plan a Kandy city tour. During this time, the weather remains dry and pleasant with moderate temperature. October and November are the monsoon months here when the city witnesses heavy downpours.
Is there any activity for children in Kandy city tour?
If you happen to visit this magical city with your kids, don’t think twice before heading to the iconic Royal Botanical Gardens. With its awe-inspiring surroundings and exotic plant life, it has emerged out as a perfect picnic spot for kids. You can also take a tour to the Kandy Lake and spend a few happy hours feeding the fish or enjoying a popped rice cone.
Are there any local markets in Kandy for shopping?
From beautiful antiques to precious gems, there is a lot that one can buy from the shopping streets of Kandy. Main market is the most popular handicraft market in the area which offers beautiful paintings and textiles to the visitors. If you want to shop a few branded items, head towards Luv SL By Odel.
This souvenir shop flaunts a limitless range of clothes and apparels. For traditional clothing, Selyn is the best store in the city which boasts a wide variety of kurtas, sarees, bedsheets, and cushion covers.
Which temples can we see in Kandy City Tour?
Being a cultural city, Kandy is no short of religious spots where one can take a dive into spirituality. Some of the popular temples in the city include temple of Tooth Relic, Medawala Vihara, Gadaladeniya temple, and Hindagala temple.
You can also find several Buddhist monasteries and statues on Kandy city tour which reflect the prominence of Buddhist culture in Sri Lanka. Bahirawa Kanda statue is one of those popular spots which will offer you a sneak peek into the ancient history of this city.
What can I wear? Is there anything special for women?
Though there is no specific dress code that women need to follow while exploring the city, ladies traveler are supposed to be fully covered while entering the temples in Kandy. They can either wear long pants and shirts or could cover themselves with an overcoat.
What is a famous street food in Kandy?
If you want to grab a quick bite from the streetside stalls in Kandy, Coconut Sambol is something that you can’t miss out. It is a special Sri Lankan snack which is made up of coconut, rice, and string hoppers. Kottu is another popular cuisine here which is stuffed with vegetables and shredded bread.
Is Kandy safe to travel?
It is completely safe to undertake Kandy city tour with your friends or family. However, if you are a solo female traveler, it is advisable to opt for trains or buses while exploring the city. You should also avoid visiting secluded spots after the night.
In addition to this, say no to revealing outfits unless you are on a beach.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Kandy
Most Popular Destinations