Manta Point is another popular destination for Bali snorkelling, where you can have a lifetime adventure of snorkelling with the manta rays. Enjoy an up-close interaction with the water beauties at Mangrove Point that is known for its mangrove population.
Jemeluk Bay is also an excellent spot for Snorkeling Bali, and you can experience the beautiful coral formations and colorful fish that signify the rainbow cycle over here. So take a plunge in the underwater world and feel the underwater creatures crawl above you as you swim across the blue water to have an unusual experience.
People Also Ask About Snorkeling in Bali
Which are the best places for snorkeling in Bali?1. Wreck Of The USAT Liberty: If you're looking for one of the best places for snorkelling in Bali, Tulamben should be your ideal destination. Tulamben is the most popular destination for divers in Bali as it is home to the American wreck that torpedoed while traversing the Lombok Strait during WWII.
The USAT Liberty is one of the most accessible wreck dives in the entire world, positioned a mere twenty-five meters from the beach. The wreck's bottom is at around thirty meters, making the deep part accessible to expert freed divers and advanced SCUBA divers. You can see divers everywhere –exiting the water, entering the water, pulling on wetsuits, and checking equipment.
Price: IDR 869280 for two dives in Tulamben
2. The Coral Garden, Tulamben: The Coral Garden is about a hundred meters away from Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben, and it is a haven for macro lovers. It is at a depth of 2-14 m and is wonderfully grown, featuring soft and stone coral alike. You can also find here an underwater temple that blossoms with colourful marine vegetation.
It's a shallow reef almost on the surface, and you can easily see its majestic wonders as soon as you dive into the water. This Bali dive site is the perfect place for macro underwater photography as it houses many macro-organisms. You can see reef fishes, schools of bumphead parrotfish, pygmy seahorse, jackfish, shrimps, and the occasional barracuda, eel, blacktip shark, and stingray.
Price: IDR 780235.611
3. Manta Point: If you want to have the lifetime adventure of Snorkeling Bali with the manta rays, you must head to Manta Point, situated just off the coast of Nusa Penida. It is the only diving site in Bali where you can witness a huge population of manta rays that are gentle giants of the sea. It consists of a small slope with no current and beautiful coral, making it an excellent dive site.
You can also spot sharks, stingrays, reef fishes, and other endemic aquatic animals. The current is slight, but the dive can be difficult because of the swell that is strong due to the gigantic waves of the Indian Ocean.
Price: IDR 362000
4. Mangrove Point: Mangrove Point on Nusa Lembongan's shore is an excellent spot for Bali snorkeling as the tides on this shore are softer. It has a huge slope of coral reef, which slopes down to around twenty-eight meters.
As the name suggests, the site is known for the mangrove population, serving as a nursery for hundreds of baby fishes before they venture out into the strong currents. You can also spot here various aquatic species such as stingrays, reef fishes, jackfish, and shrimps.
Price: IDR1 650 000
5. Pos Dua: Pos Dua is one of the most popular places for snorkeling in Bali, and you can spot here fantastic diversity of coral reefs and fish. It is particularly famous for its transparency, and you can penetrate as deeply as forty meters down to have the best experience of your life.
It features the most dramatic walls, and you can see ghost pipefish, reef fishes, stingrays, and shrimps. This site also offers PADI Open Water Diver students an excellent opportunity to have a diving experience at Menjangan Island.
Price: IDR 155955.707
6. The Coral Garden, Menjangan Island: The coral garden is the perfect mixture of man-made structures and original rocky reef, placed on the site by famous dive resorts to repopulate the reef and help promote coral growth after decades of fishing. Divers of all levels are mesmerized by the diversity of corals that lays at five meters deep before the wall starts.
Some of the marine species you can spot while snorkeling Bali include crocodile fish, trumpet fishes, cleaning fish, eagle rays, scorpionfish, reef sharks, spadefish, and Nudibranchs. Here, the sea bed is mesmerizing: thick shoals of sergeant majors and green chromis swim around the coral beds, while butterflyfish, spine foot, and parrotfish come and go on the reef drop-off.
Price: IDR 974723.167
7. Lipah Bay, Amed: The Lipah Bay dive site has some of the most amazing corals and sea creatures that you can not take your eyes off. It has some of the best dive sites in Bali, lots of nudibranchs, and the occasional shark sighting. It is a black bay of sand, and you can see a beautiful reef here with soft and rough corals.
Many species of butterflyfish can be seen here, and you might even come across juvenile harlequin sweetlips, whose swimming will give you the impression that they perfectly "dance" upside down. The underwater visibility completely depends on current, tides, and weather.
Price: IDR 194944.633
8. Jemeluk Bay, Amed: Get ready for marine action by visiting Jemeluk Bay, one of the best places for snorkeling in Bali. It is a beautiful spot on the Amed beach with crystal clear blue waters and an abundant variety of marine life.
Pygmy seahorses and ghost pipefish are the most famous sea creatures at this dive site. You can get to experience the beautiful coral formations and colorful fish that signify the rainbow cycle. At the bay, you can also see six-bar wrasse, batfish shoals, green Chromis, and a wide variety of marine life.
Price: IDR 292416.950
9. Biorock Reefs, Pemuteran: Situated off the coast of a fishing village on the northeast coast of Bali is the scenic Pemuteran Bay, famous for sheltering the world's largest Biorock artificial reef project. A biorock is a cement-like substance-using which marine enthusiasts can create structures that can be the habitat for clams, oysters, corals, and other marine creatures. Water depths here mostly range between three to seven meters, and the structures are lined, creating an area for Snorkeling Bali.
Price: IDR 292416.950
10. Shark Island, Serangan: Shark Island is a sanctuary for baby sharks, and tons of tourists come here to interact with these predators every year. It is one of the best places for snorkeling in Bali as it allows you to have a closer look at the sharks under the guidance of instructors.
The various types of sharks you can find here are Whitetip, Grey reef sharks, Blacktip, ornate wobbegongs, and epaulette sharks. Once you see these beautiful creatures up close, you'll never be scared of a shark again!
Price: IDR 1364612.433
What are the other activities to enjoy in Bali that you can book through Thrillophilia?Here are some of the activities to enjoy in Bali that you can book through Thrillophilia:
1. Finns Beach Club Bali Day Pass
2. Swing in Bali Ubud
3. Instagram Bali Tour
4. Waterbom Waterpark Tickets
5. Upside Down World Bali Tickets
6. Bali Bird Park Tickets
7. Bali Night Safari Tickets
8. Bali Zoo Tickets
9. Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
10. Bali Safari and Marine Park Ticket
11. Monkey Forest Ubud Tour
12. Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park Tickets
13. Saloka Theme Park
Which are the best places for snorkelling in Nusa Penida?1. Crystal Bay: If life underwater has always piqued your interest, the corals have fascinated you, and the reefs have been on your bucket list, you must try snorkeling at Crystal Bay. This quiet bay is set between the two islands of Penida and Lembongan, and you can venture here to see multi-colored corals and fish.
The water is also clear and has good visibility making it ideal for snorkeling in Bali. This is also a dream for underwater photographers, and you can click beautiful pictures here while snorkeling.
Price: IDR 1364612.433
2. Gamat Bay: Gamat Bay is situated on Nusa Penida's western coast between Banana Beach and Tanjung Kuning, right opposite Nusa Ceningan. It has very clean sand and colorful corals and is highly favoured by divers to see exotic marine life.
Gamat Bay is home to large pelagic fish, stingrays, sunfish, funny turtles, sharks, and the bay's main part has shallow water between the rocks. If you want to snorkel here, bring your own fins and equipment as the currents can be very strong. It is one of the best Bali snorkeling spots as it is generally protected from surges and provides optimal snorkeling conditions.
Price: 1 050 000 IDR
3. The Wall Point: If you love splashing in clear waters and watching the reef fishes, you shouldn't miss snorkeling at The Wall Point. The calm water, beautiful underwater scenery, and nice weather make it the top destination for snorkeling in Bali.
You can spot a wide variety of fishes under the water of Wall Point. The colorful appearance of the fish and other aquatic species at the Wall Point makes it look like a majestic underwater painting. You can jump into the water from your boat near the wall and drift slowly with the current that runs parallel with the wall.
Price: 19,492.50 IDR
4. Buddha Temple: This underwater temple serves as an artificial reef where underwater enthusiasts can see stupas and a Buddha statue. Buddha Temple presents underwater exoticism and will make you wonder at the beautiful sights.
The temple is situated next to Nusa Ceningan approx. 6-7 meters deep in water. It is an excellent spot for snorkeling Bali, but the currents here are sometimes strong, so you need to take caution while snorkeling. Many tourists snorkel at Buddha Temple to see the beautiful Buddha statues under the vast sea.
Price: 23,594.70 IDR
Which are the best snorkelling spots on Amed Beach?1. Jemeluk Bay: Discover the charismatic beauty of the underwater world and get ready to interact with the aquatic species by enjoying snorkeling in Bali at Jemeluk Bay. It is a beautiful stretch of black sand beach situated in Amed, and it is renowned for its flourishing coral reefs.
The calm water and low current make this destination ideal for snorkelling and other water-based adventure activities. You can also find an underwater temple named the Underwater Post Office over here. Here, you can see fish species such as Damselfish, Surgeonfish, Blue Spotted Ray, Angelfish, and healthy coral reefs.
2. Lipah Beach: Keep your mouth wide open and your soul full of thrill and excitement as you enjoy snorkeling at Lipah Beach. It is one of the best Bali snorkeling spots where the sand is not too black compared to other surrounding beaches.
It is one of the most peaceful and beautiful beaches between Seraya and Amed with turquoise blue water. Here you can witness colorful and large coral structures and different fish species such as Blue Spotted Rays, Mackerels, and Sponge Barrel. There are no big rapids or waves, making Lipah Beach an ideal destination for snorkeling and other adventure activities.
3. Kembali Beach Bungalows Reef: Chase the marine species and try to unravel the hidden facts about the underwater world as you enjoy Bali snorkeling at Kembali Beach Bungalows Reef. It is one of the best snorkeling sites on Abed Beach that you must visit to unearth the underwater treasure of Bali.
Here you can witness shallow coral reefs and many colorful and small species of fish and other aquatic animals. If you're lucky, then during your snorkeling adventure, you can also spot endemic sea turtles.
4. Bunutan – Selang Beach: This Bali snorkeling spot is not so famous as compared to other snorkeling destinations around Bali. Here you can spot an underwater park containing various species of tropical fish and colorful coral reefs. Discover colorful reefs, turtles, and big fish during your snorkeling adventure over here.
Whether you want to explore an underwater ecosystem or get up close and personal with marine fishes, sharks, and many other fascinating underwater creatures, you should not miss snorkeling at Bunutan – Selang Beach.
5. Japanese Amed shipwreck: If you wish to have a wonderful snorkeling experience while exploring the deep blue sea, the Japanese Amed shipwreck should be your go-to option. It is a Japanese shipwreck that has now become a coral reef foundation structure. But this spot can be reached only by experienced snorkelers because the tides here are quite strong.
The bay in which this shipwreck once sunk has a breathtaking beach made of coarse volcanic sand full of Balinese fishing boats. It is one of the best places for snorkeling in Bali, where you can experience the furry touch of the fishes and the reefs while snorkeling deep inside the beach.
What is the best time for snorkeling in Bali?July and August are the best time for snorkeling in Bali as it is the dry season and the climate is mild with less unpredictable weather patterns. The waters are calm, and the tides are low during these months, making it ideal for snorkeling in Bali.
How to reach Bali?- By flight: Denpasar International Airport is situated in the South Kuta district and is just thirteen kilometres from Denpasar. Flights from many international cities fly in and out of the airport regularly. It is also well connected to Indonesia and has domestic flights linking it to major cities within the country. You can easily hire a cab or taxi from the airport to your destination.
- By Road: You can hire a bus from Jakarta to Bali, and it will take around twenty-three hours to reach this destination.
Is snorkeling good in Bali?Bali is an absolute paradise for snorkelers, and you can find endless diving spots here where you can explore the underwater world and interact with aquatic species. The Coral Garden, Pos Dua, Mangrove Point, and Wreck Of The USAT Liberty are some of the best snorkeling sites in Bali. The beaches here are prolific in marine life, making your snorkeling experience even more memorable.
How much does it cost to snorkel in Bali?It will cost around IDR 155955 to IDR 869280 for Bali snorkeling, depending upon the operator you choose and the spots you select.
What is the difference between snorkeling and scuba diving?Snorkeling is swimming near the surface of the water using a breathing tube and a mask. Snorkelers take in underwater views without deep-diving into the water. Scuba diving, on the other hand, is diving using an underwater breathing apparatus. Scuba equipment allows you to breathe comfortably while immersing yourself in the marine universe.
Jimbaran fish market is the primary marketplace of seafood in Bali. Located in Jimbaran fishing community village, the market has rows and rows of fresh sea harvest. Here you will get all the sea produces right from tuna, salmon, crabs, shrimps, lobsters and sardines among other such things. The market is located in the vicinity of the restaurants in Jimbaran and Kedonganan that specialise in seafood dining and serve all brilliant fish delicacies. The market offers all freshest sea harvests and as a tourist it is an experience to witness a busy day here among the buzz of a lot of activities that begin right from the dawn.When you stop at the fish market which is a popular stop for tourists on a Bukit peninsula amble, you shall see that the place is lively, frenetic and of course, smelly. Nicely painted colourful boats bob along the shore giving the Jimbaran beach a beautiful look. As the boats unloads their containers, everything, right from small sardines, to lobsters to langoustines are collected by the market stall owners to their respective shops. The action is fast and it is indeed a sight to watch. You can buy your favourite fish here, get it cleaned and cut or processed as you want. Also, visitors with a knack of cooking should head towards the establishments that offer lessons about how to cook the seafood items. If you are good with bargaining, then rise up as early as 5.30am and head straight to the shore where the boats arrive with their collections around 6am. You shall get the best price of your favourite fish if you buy right from the fishermen. Jimbaran fishing village and tourist resort in Bali, Indonesia, is gaining popularity as tourists are showing interest in knowing the fishing community’s lifestyle better.
How about tasting from the best beans of coffee and making your day a refreshing one while in Jimbaran, Bali. Sounds good right? Home of the finest espresso endowments in Bali this espresso factory will lure you away. Brilliant Kirrin Coffee is produced using chose espresso beans from Bali Island. Here they offer roasted products. Inundate yourself in the sweet aroma and kind of espresso in this extraordinary visit devoted to the cooked bean. Indonesia is one of the world's biggest makers of espresso beans, and the over four century history of development has attempted to deliver extravagance mixes served far and wide. Take a stroll in the espresso farm and learn from developing and handling to broiling and serving.Highlights: Also don’t forget to take home some brilliantly crisp beans to appreciate later. Head out for this amazing coffee tour in Bali and make your holidays the most memorable ones.Price: the approximate price for the tour starts from IDR 531, 640
You might have already heard about the Royal Palace in Ubud which we have mentioned before. While you visit the amazing one of a kind royal palace in Bali don’t miss your chance enjoy the cultural night performances. Make it a point to check out the amazing Legong Dance & Ramayana. You will remain awestruck once you witness the dance performance and the thrilling unique music is sure to give you goosebumps. The Legong dance is basically about two brothers, Kings Subali & Sugriwa, who are turned into monkeys. While the Ramanaya dance is basciaclly on Rama, Sita and her brother Laksamana. Head out for this amazing dance performances at the Royal Palace in Ubud. Timings: The Dance performance starts from 7:30 PM in the evening. Price: The approximate price starts from IDR 50,000