About Lovina Beach
Lovina Beach is the coastal region located on the northwestern border of Bali, the famous island of Indonesia. Lovina is the collective term of the beach villages Kaliasem, Anturan, Pemaron, Temukus, Banyualit Tukad Mungga and Kalibukbuk.
With a coastline of over 8 km, Lovina has become one of the best-known tourist attractions in Indonesia. Once a natural marvel, Lovina has now become a hub for various restaurants, clubs, bars, handicraft shops, banks, hotels and commercial beaches.
Lovina is famous for its black sand beaches, dolphins and coral reefs. The beaches in Lovina are filled with calm shorelines with seawater safe for swimming and many other water sports. It is filled with many attractions that tempt hundreds of tourists every year towards it.
Every village of Lovina has its charm, for instance, the Temukus village that is known for the Singsing Waterfall and a famous Dutch war monument. On the other hand, Kaliasem is renowned for its water sports, especially the snorkelling activities while Pemaron is filled with Chinese and Buddhist temples.
On top of all the relief features and monument attractions, the beautiful coastal town of Lovina is also replete with hot springs and tropical gardens.
The Banjar Hot Springs of the Buleleng town of Bali is one of the most visited destinations in the city.
Bali is known for its moderate tempered seas. The water of these seas are calm and hence ideal for many aquatic species. The most popular of them are Dolphins.
Along with all other famous attractions, Lovina is best known for its dolphin watching tours. Dolphins are seen in large numbers from the shores of the beaches of Lovina early in the morning.
Having become the centre for tourism activities in the northwestern part of Bali, Lovina has become equipped with many temporary housing options for guests. One can stay comfortably in hotels ranging from star class for luxury travellers to homestay for budget travellers.
How to Reach Lovina BeachFrom Denpasar Airport -
Denpasar Airport is around 82 km away from Lovina Beach. There are a few ways you can reach the Lovina Beach from the airport.
By Cab: There are various cab services available both online and at the airport terminal that facilitate car-hire.
As cabs are the most comfortable and safe mode of transportation within the city, one can hire a taxi from the Denpasar Airport to commute to Lovina Beach.
By tourist shuttle: Bali has several tourist shuttles that take you to Lovina Beach. Tourist shuttles are more affordable than car rides and mostly part of tourist packages.
Best Time to Visit Lovina Beach
The months of May to September are ideal for visiting. It is hot all year round in the sandy beaches of Bali. However, the climate of Lovina Beach is the best during the period between the early onset of summer to the beginning of winter.
The seawater evaporates under the sun, which has a cooling effect on the region during the summer months. January and February are the months that get the most rainfall and hence should be avoided if one wants to make the most out of the water activities available.
Reaching the beach early in the morning during the day is advisable if one wants to witness the Dolphin tours. The weather is also the most pleasant during early mornings as well.
What Not to Miss at Lovina Beach
Places to visit near Lovina Beach
1. Singsing Waterfalls: Nestled among the hillocks of Cempaga village in Banjar, Singsign waterfall is a beautiful natural feature near Lovina Beach. With freshwater flowing from atop a colossal mountain, the waterfall is truly a sight to behold.
The water is calm and safe. One can even take a leisurely dip in the refreshing pool if the weather feels hot.
2. Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary: The forest of Ubud in Bali is a dream come true for all wildlife enthusiasts and animal lovers.
A safe sanctuary to over seven hundred long-tailed Balinese monkeys, the natural reserve is home to three famous Hindu temples, the Dalem Agung Padangtegal temple, the Prajapati Temple, and the Holy Spring temple.
3. Tanah Lot: An elegant Balinese temple awash with dancing waves of the Indonesian descent, Tanah Lot is a holy place of worship revered by the people of Bali. Located at Beraban in Kediri, the temple is dedicated to a pilgrimage temple of Hindu origin called the Pura Tanah Lot.
The temple is a cultural landmark in the city of Bali and is visited by hundreds of people every day. It is set against the beautiful backdrop of the sea and is in the centre of numerous souvenir shops. Known for mesmerizing views and its unique architecture, Tanah Lot is a must-visit site for all religion enthusiasts.
4. Gitgit Waterfall: This 40 m tall waterfall located about 10 km away from Singaraja which is a fantastic travel destination for adventure seekers.
After taking a dip in the natural pool surrounded by picturesque rocks, head over to the woods nearby for a fun excursion. To the delight of trek lovers, the hills around the waterfall are quite suitable for trekking and climbing.
The breezy air surrounding the lake reflects in the calmness of the glassy, translucent lake water. Lake Tamblingan is easily one of the most peaceful places to visit in Bali.
Things to do at Lovina Beach
1. Dolphin sighting: If you are at Lovina Beach, you should not miss the Dolphin sighting that takes place early in the morning.
2. Parasailing: The experience of gliding through the air while lukewarm water splashes around you while you are tied to a speeding motorboat is an experience like no other.
Parasailing comes with a promise of thrill and excitement. There are many water sport services that offer to parasail as an activity in Lovina.
3. Surfing: Surfing is a unique activity that requires a certain level of skill. By gliding in and out of the tricky waves, while flying on the water surface, surfers feel the most adventurous and exhilarating emotions.
Surfing skills can be developed and honed in Lovina, where both Surf lessons and surfing activities are available.
4. Swimming: Swimming in the calm waters of Lovina Beach is soothing and peaceful. The beaches are plush with glistening, clean water that allures swimmers to the seashore.
5. Scuba Diving: Several places in Lovina offer underwater diving. Getting a glimpse of the life underwater is one of the most life-changing experiences one can come across while travelling.
Lovina is famous for its coral reefs and diverse aquatic life which can be carefully explored during scuba diving.
6. Sea bottom walking: Sea bottom walking are available at various places in Lovina. Walking on the ocean bed is genuinely one of the most enchanting of experiences.
You see different sea creatures like turtles and stingrays in their natural habitat while sea bottom walking.
7. Banana Boating: Banana Boating is a kid-friendly fun activity where people are seated on a banana-shaped boat attached to a motorboat that pulls it.
With feet touching the rushing water when the body is being speedily pulled through air, banana boating is delightful and exciting.
8. Making Sand Castles: Sand Castle making is another activity that children enjoy. Lovina is covered with a blanket of enigmatic black sand that makes for the perfect building material for a miniature palace.
Other Essential Information About Lovina Beach
Location: Lovina Beach is situated at the northwestern border of the city of Bali in Indonesia.
Timings: Lovina Beach is open to visitors 24x7 on all days of the week.
Price: Various activities in Lovina Beach cost differently.
Lovina Beach Dolphin Tour
The Dolphin tour is one of the most popular attractions of Lovina Beach. The modest waters of the Bali beaches enrich the ideal ecosystem needed for a dolphin pod. As a result, dolphins are found in considerable numbers in Lovina.
The Dolphin tours commence early in the morning. Visitors are supposed to catch the outrigger boats that take them about 1 km inside the sea. Here, visitors wait for the dolphins to come to the surface.
The experience is unique in its regard as the dolphins are in their natural habitat, going about their natural activities. All the dolphins are untrained yet familiar with the visiting activities.
It is advisable to book dolphin tours one day in advance to avoid the unavailability of boats at the last minute.
One is allowed to capture the mesmerizing movements of playful dolphins against the rising sun silently in cameras without causing any disturbance to the creatures. One should also keep in mind to not throw anything, especially plastic into the water during the tour so as not to harm the biosphere of the sea.
Tips for visiting Lovina Beach
1. Always check the rules, restrictions, outfit requirements, and hazards before undertaking any water sport activity.
2. Make sure there are adequately trained lifeguards around whenever you get near seawater or do any water activity.
3. Check your harness, safety gear twice before any water sport activity.
4. Protect yourself from the damaging sun's rays by using sun-protection serums and sunscreens. Apply sunscreen as frequently as you can.
5. Beach weather can often be sunny. Do not forget to carry sunglasses with you to protect your eyes from damage.
6. Protect your feet by wearing beach footwear. Do not walk on the beach barefoot from 10 AM to 5 PM.
7. Pack a first-aid kid that can come to use in any unwarranted situation like sunburn or insect bites.
8. Bring a trash bag or litter bag with you so that you can properly dispose of your garbage. Littering is heavily looked down upon in Lovina Beach.