Day 1 - Arrive at Manali
- Arrive in Manali and explore this pristine Himalayan town on foot.
- Stay overnight in Manali
Day 2 - Drive from Manali - Rohtang Pass - Kunzum Pass - Kaza
- Set out on the 200 km journey to Kaza in Spiti, from Manali
- Stop by at the Rohtang Pass where the landscapes change from the green hills of Manali to barren plains of the pass.
- Move from 13000 feet to 14,931 feet as you are welcomed by the chilly air of the Kunzum Pass and Losar Village.
- Reach Kaza by evening and stay overnight at a hotel here.
Day 3 - Drive from Kaza - Pin Valley - Mudh Village - Kaza
- Drive from Gaza to the Pin Valley 30 kms away. With lush greenery and snow clad mountains, Pin Valley with tis flora and fauna is a sight worth visiting. If you’re an adventure seeker you’ll also enjoy trekking here.
- Make your way to the Kungri Monastery from Pin Valley and then to Mud, a quaint village of the Pin Valley. Also the last motorable village there.
- Spend the rest of the evening here amidst music, serenity of nature, and hot cups of tea as you sit by a bonfire.
- Head back to Kaza for the night.
Day 4 - Drive from Kaza - Ki Monastery - Langza - Komik - Hikkim - Kaza
- Early next morning, head from Kaza to Komik, the highest village in Asia at a height of 14806 feet. Komik has a population of barely 100 people, but the snow clad mountain peaks and soft brown lands make the trip worth it.
- Drive down further to Hikkim, the highest post office in the world, followed by a trip to the picturesque village of Langza.
- In the second half of the day, stop at the base of the hills for a photo opportunity with the tourist favourite Ki Monastery in the background. Then take a guided tour of the monastery which has over 1000 years of stories hidden within its walls.
- Head back to Kaza
Day 5 - Drive from Kaza - Tabo - Dhankar. Trek from Dhankar to Lhalung
- Drive down 48 kms from Kaza to Tabo Monastery. This 1000 year old UNESCO world heritage site is famous for its intricate portraits and ancient paintings depicting the life of Buddha.
- From Tabo proceed to Dhankar, a tiny village.
- Turn back time as you explore the 1200 year old Dhankar Gompa, perched between eroded rocky pinnacles on the edge of a cliff. Don’t forget to stop by and admire the turquoise waters of the tranquil Dhankar Lake.
- While making your way back down, stop by Lhalung, a village at 12000 feet with barely 50 homes. Spend the evening meeting locals, learning their cooking techniques and indulging in home cooked food.
- Spend the night at a homestay in Lhalung.
Day 6 - Drive from Lhalung - Kibber - Losar - Kunzum Pass - Chandratal Lake
- Head back from Gaza to Manali
- Stop by at the beautiful village of Kibber, which is a great point for trekking, if you love some adventure.
- Further down, stop by at the unmissable Chandratal Lake located at 14,100 feet. The tranquil waters and mystical scenery serves as a great photo opportunity, after which you head to the camping site for the night.
- Enjoy a hot meal, lie by the lake and admire the Milky Way, and spend the night in tents and sleeping bags.
Day 7 - Drive from Chandratal Lake - Batal - Chattru - Rohtang Pass - Manali
- Make your way back from the lake with short stops at the villages of Batal and Chhatru, and lastly, the Rohtang Pass. After a good view of this popular destination, travel back to Manali with great memories!