Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the Destination:
Spiti valley is the Indian favorite for witnessing some beautiful snow balls and snow rains. Full of monasteries and Tibetan culture, it’s one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in winters.
With striking places like the key monastery, Chandratal lake, Komic village, Dhankar lake, handicraft market and numerous others in its vicinity, can be toured in summers as well as winters. When the showers strike the region its landscape changes and in winters, the temperature steeps down to freezing points, extending picture-perfect sceneries.
This land of fresh environs, lush green blankets, snow-cladded peaks and everything beautiful, a trip to this segment has each thing to arrest you in its charm.
Wondering what you will be ticking off?
- Lahaul Valley: One of the most spellbinding places to visit in Spiti Valley, the Lahaul Valley is a staple for adrenaline junkies and solitude seekers alike. Bare mountains covered with null vegetation, clear blue skies, pollutions free environment, green meadows – Lahaul is a paradise for nature lovers.
- Key Monastery: A must visit tourist place in Spiti Valley, the Key Gompa is encircled by picturesque mountains and soothing valleys. A wonderful example of monastic architecture and decorated with beautiful paintings, murals, manuscripts, and wind instruments – the Kye attracts history and cultural buffs round the year.
- Dhankar Lake: Tucked atop a small hill at an impressive altitude of 4100 meters above sea level, the Dhankar, with its dazzling blue waters, is one of the most popular places to visit in Spiti Valley. The lake sits at the end of the famous Dhankar Lake trek known for its treacherous paths, rocky snow-capped mountains, and incomparable vistas.
- Dhankar Monastery: The Dhankar Fort Monastery sandwiched between Spiti and Pin rivers offers a special spiritual touch as it plays hide and seek on the trail. And once you reach the lake, the rare and diversified views will make your jaw drop! A truly curious landmark, the monastery is perched so precariously amongst rocks that it appears as if it is seconds away from falling all over.
- Tabo Monastery: Tabo Monastery is one of the most wondrous places to visit in Spiti Valley. Founded a millennium ago, the temple is a unique amalgamation of history, culture and natural splendor. In the cold barren deserts of Tabo valley, the monastery appears as a sanctum from the brutality of barbarous rocky mountains around.
- Kibber: To call Kibber beautiful would be putting it lightly – arid landscape, rocky mountains, meadows covered in vibrant wildflowers, and all this paired with pristine pollution free environment. Stargazers and photography lovers flock alike to Kibber to gaze at the unsurpassed, exquisite view of the Milky Way.
- Chandratal: Perched at a staggering altitude of 4200 meters above sea level, you have to witness the unparalleled beauty of Chandratal to believe it. A sanctuary from the lightning-fast city life, this lake is slowly becoming one of the most attractive tourist places in Spiti valley. With the spellbinding backdrop of majestic mountains and meadows covered with gorgeous wildflowers, the lake is the perfect place to click some Instagram worthy pictures for photography enthusiasts.
Your 9 day adventure starts from Chandigarh. You travel all the way around seeing popular, beautiful and hidden sites in the Spiti Valley and come back to Manali. Stay at great places, eat local food, travel around the valley, know the culture and visit landmark spots that will take your breath away. Read the advisory and inclusions carefully before going for the tour.
In peak winter i.e. January and early February, all the places might not be open due to adverse weather conditions. We will keep you updated of the same in case any last-minute changes need to be made to your plan.
On reaching the hotel in Chandigarh, meet our representatives and your fellow travellers.
You’ll be briefed about the trip in the evening, followed by dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Early morning, after breakfast, we will be allotting you the bikes.
We will kickstart this adventurous tour by heading to Narkanda.
Start early from Chandigarh in order to reach Narkanda by late afternoon.
On arrival, transfer to the hotel/homestay.
If we have time, we’d visit the Hatu Peak or the Hatu Temple.
Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast, we will start our ride towards the beautiful Kinnaur Valley.
It will be a beautiful 6-8 hour ride where you will enjoy the magnificent vistas throughout the way.
It is the last inhabited village before the Indo-China border.
Have a sumptuous dinner and retreat for an overnight stay.
Today we would be riding a short distance from Chitkul to Kalpa.
We will start our ride post breakfast. It will take about 4-5 hours to reach Kalpa.
Enjoy the beautiful sunset and have a fulfilling dinner at the hotel.
After an early breakfast, leave for Kaza and enjoy the vistas en-route the Hindustan Tibet Highway.
You will also witness the Khab – The confluence of the Spiti and the Sutlej River.
You can also get a clear view of the Leo Purygal Peak from the Khab Bridge. We will stop at the Nako Lake for Lunch (not included in the package).
After lunch, cross Nako and witness the dreaded Malling Nallah.
You will enter the Spiti Valley right after you cross Sumdo.
Take a detour from here to visit the 500 Year Old Mummy in the Gue Village.
Head to Kaza for dinner and overnight stay.
By far, this will be the most eventful day of your journey.
Start your ride early in the morning as this one is going to be a long day.
Visit the world’s highest post office which is located in Hikkim and also the world’s highest village connected via motorable road, Komik.
Also, visit the famous Langza where you will get tremendous views of the Chau Chau Kang Nelda Peak and the Buddha Statue looking down at the valley.
Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza/Losar.
After breakfast we start riding towards Chandra Tal.
We will cross the highest point of our trip, the Kunzum La.
Also, visit the Key Monastery and Kibber Village on the way.
The road towards Chandra Tal starts from Batal, and the journey is breathtakingly beautiful.
The road ends about a kilometre before the lake and you have to walk till the lake from here on.
You will see a beautiful crescent shaped lake filled with crystal clear water right in the middle of a stark landscape.
Dinner and overnight stay at the campsite in Chandra Tal.
Post breakfast, start your ride towards Manali.
The ride from Batal to Chattru to Rohtang Pass is one of the most beautiful routes in your entire road trip.
You will reach Manali in about 7-8 hours from Chandra Tal.
Dinner and overnight stay at Manali.
After breakfast, we will chill out in Manali.
In the evening we will start your journey towards
Delhi and bring to an end this beautiful and memorable road trip, taking back memories for a lifetime!
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.