North Sikkim Tour Highlights
- North sikkim offeres you snow capped mountains, picturesque lakes, green valleys, landscape hidden under blankets of clouds
- Cherish the vivacious shades of gilltering Gurudongmar Lake edified by the shining sunshine
- Adore the multi coloured belt covered with diverse forms of rhododendrons at Yumthang Valley
- Make your way through the traditional Silk Route along the Indo China Border - Nathu La
- Take back souvenirs in the from of Tibetian carpet, Sikkimese clothes, Thangkas or intricately carved wood work from the old market of Gangok
North Sikkim Tour Overview
About the tour:
A land where heaven touches the earth, the ambiance creates mystery, a landscape dominated by elements, silence can be heard, vision tends to travel beyond the horizon, soul starts meditating- unknowingly, the mind gets rejuvenated; and land that makes you bow.
Your journey to North Sikkim will be full of unfamiliar experiences. It will start from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. As your road winds upwards to North Sikkim, the landscape changes rapidly on every curve, with the thick smell of wildflowers, mossy trees, mists coiling up from the deep gorges, huge snow range embossed in the horizon, widespread valley, deep blue sky, lonely prayer flag waving leisurely at the distant top. A trip to North Sikkim gives you a much-desired break from the madding city life.
Quick Facts of North Sikkim Tour with Lachen Lachung:
Start Point/ End Point: IXB Airport/ NJP Railway Station
Pick-up/ Drop Timing: As per Traveler Convenience
Duration: 6 Days & 5 Nights
Destinations Covered: Gangtok - Nathu La - Lachen - Lachung
Customization: Available as per the request
Note: Surcharges are applied if your date of travel lies between 20th Sept-10th Nov & 20th Dec-5th Jan.
Inclusions of North Sikkim Tour with Lachen Lachung:
➔ Accommodation in Standard Hotel (Customization Possible on Request)
➔ Vehicle : Hatchback/ SUV (As per group Size)
➔ Breakfast on All Days
➔ All Meals in Lachen and Lachung
➔ Parking charges
➔ Take the adventurous white water rafting at Teesta river with 4-5 rapids.
➔ Stroll through the MG marg and taste the famous momo and thukpa.
➔ Shop the famous Buddhist Figurines & Prayer Flags: Peaceful Souvenirs.
➔ Walk through one of the highest lakes of the world - Gurudogmarg lake.
➔ Stop by Thangu valley to taste delicious noodles with hot cup of tea.
North Sikkim Tour Itinerary
Select Package Option
North Sikkim Tour With Lachen Lachung
More Details about North Sikkim Tour
Know Before You Go for North Sikkim Tour
- Thrillophilia reserves the right to rearrange or change the itinerary for reasons that are beyond control like Natural calamity, weather conditions, road block etc.
- Pick up from airport should be mandatorily between 05:00 AM to 07:00 PM. Beyond these timings, it is recommended to stay in Siliguri & Traveller is advised to let Thrillophilia know before booking if they are arriving after 7 PM in Siliguri so that Thrillophilia can rearrange their Itinerary.
- As per state guidelines, travellers wearing a turban are not allowed in Lachen.
- By default, we arrange a standard room in the category that travellers books. In case a traveller prefers an upper category room or a suite, they are requested to inform before booking the package.
- As per North East guidelines, Vehicles are not on disposal & may not deviate from the itinerary unless any issue occurs such as bad weather, Political/social disturbances, roadblocks, VVIP movements & state transport rule prohibition. Transport services are from point to point only. Also, Sumo/Bolero is not allowed in main market area between 08:00 AM– 20:00 PM thus these vehicles are not allowed to drop/pick up the travellers directly to/from hotel in Sikkim, Darjeeling, Gangtok & Pelling.
- Nathula Pass can be added at an extra cost 4000 INR/car, payable on the spot and is subjected to availability. (Applicable if Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir is included in the package.
- Mt. Katao, Kalapathhar, Chopta Valley and Zero Point can be added on the extra cost of 4000/spot, payable on the spot and is subjected to availability. (Applicable for North Sikkim)
- Cholamo Lake, Green Lake and Lonak Valley are trekking routes, where cabs are not allowed and options for travelling at these spots have been barred by Sikkim Government.
- The services in Tata Sumo/bolero/ non-luxury car (Allotted from Govt local union) cannot be guaranteed in a good condition as the vehicles are usually very old and are already driven for more than 1 lakh kilometre in hilly terrains. We avoid arranging these cars for travellers.
- Senior citizens and travellers younger than 4 years are not recommended to go to Gurudongmar Lake because of low oxygen. Permits for the infant under 2 years of age are not granted by North Sikkim tourism that means if you have a baby, You will not be allowed to go to North Sikkim.
- Heavy rainfalls are observed between June – September which means that real time itinerary changes are possible. In case the roads are blocked due to landslides or any other natural calamity, a permit to go to North Sikkim may not be issued. Thrillophilia will arrange alternate sightseeing for the travellers however cost of alternative accommodation needs to be borne by the customer as the hotels prebooked execute their cancellation policies & are nonrefundable. This is generally what happens when you book the hotels yourself as well.
- Foreigners are not allowed to visit the Baba Mandir.
- Any sightseeing point which is not completed due to time constraints, traffic jam, natural calamity, travelers starting late, permits issued late or any other reason beyond control, Thrillophilia does not take the liability for a refund or a discount.
- GST is applicable to the package and not mentioned in the above cost.
- Air Fare / Train fare /Bus fare are not included in the package.
- The traveler will have to take care of their international airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover.
- The tour takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
Things To Carry for North Sikkim Tour
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
- Thermal inners
- Walking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf