Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Starting From: Chandigarh
Trip Location: Manali
Are you a woman traveller or are you a group of some enthusiastic women travellers? Then here is a mind blowing road trip which is filled with adventure and excitement throughout the roads of Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh.
About the Destination:
As everyone knows, Lahaul and Spiti are the most beautiful valleys located in the Himalayas at a greater altitude exhibiting the best natural sights of the mountains and green valleys. The quaint villages, the Buddhist monasteries, the lakes and rivers, the high altitude roads and passes, the snow-covered peaks and the picturesque sights on both the sides will enable you to make your girls' gang feel a high level excitement and joy.
Wondering what you will be ticking off?
- Lahaul Valley: One of the most spellbinding places to visit in Spiti Valley, the Lahaul Valley is a staple for adrenaline junkies and solitude seekers alike. Bare mountains covered with null vegetation, clear blue skies, pollutions free environment, green meadows – Lahaul is a paradise for nature lovers.
- Key Monastery: A must visit tourist place in Spiti Valley, the Key Gompa is encircled by picturesque mountains and soothing valleys. A wonderful example of monastic architecture and decorated with beautiful paintings, murals, manuscripts, and wind instruments – the Kye attracts history and cultural buffs round the year.
- Dhankar Lake: Tucked atop a small hill at an impressive altitude of 4100 meters above sea level, the Dhankar, with its dazzling blue waters, is one of the most popular places to visit in Spiti Valley. The lake sits at the end of the famous Dhankar Lake trek known for its treacherous paths, rocky snow-capped mountains, and incomparable vistas.
- Dhankar Monastery: The Dhankar Fort Monastery sandwiched between Spiti and Pin rivers offers a special spiritual touch as it plays hide and seek on the trail. And once you reach the lake, the rare and diversified views will make your jaw drop! A truly curious landmark, the monastery is perched so precariously amongst rocks that it appears as if it is seconds away from falling all over.
- Tabo Monastery: Tabo Monastery is one of the most wondrous places to visit in Spiti Valley. Founded a millennium ago, the temple is a unique amalgamation of history, culture and natural splendour. In the cold barren deserts of Tabo valley, the monastery appears as a sanctum from the brutality of barbarous rocky mountains around.
- Khibber: To call Kibber beautiful would be putting it lightly – arid landscape, rocky mountains, meadows covered in vibrant wildflowers, and all this paired with pristine pollution-free environment. Stargazers and photography lovers flock alike to Kibber to gaze at the unsurpassed, exquisite view of the Milky Way.
About the Tour:
This road tour starts from Chandigarh and takes you through the major villages and locations like Sarahan, Kalpa, Tabo, Kaza and the sights you will come across during the journey include Narkanda, Lahaul Valley, Khibber, Tabo, Key Monastery, Dhankar, etc.
Your 7 day adventure starts from Chandigarh. You travel all the way around seeing popular, beautiful and hidden sites in the Spiti Valley and come back to Chandigarh. Stay at great places, eat local food, travel around the valley, know the culture and visit landmark spots that will take your breath away. Read the advisory and inclusions carefully before going for the tour.
In peak winter i.e. January and early February all the places might not be open due to adverse weather conditions. We will keep you updated of the same in case any last minute changes need to be made to your plan.
Land in Chandigarh and head towards Narkanda.
Take appropriate breaks on the way and enjoy the beauty as you leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind.
Lose yourself amidst scenic valleys on either side of the road.
Feel like you are staying in the middle of nowhere.
Your winter adventure begins.
Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of the mountains and head to Kalpa.
Enjoy the stunning view of Kinner Kailash peaks over a cup of tea.
Reach your destination and rest for the night.
This morning since it is a long journey to Tabo you will be leaving around 7 am or so.
Enjoy a nice, warm, early morning breakfast with a view of the mountains.
The journey will take about 8-9 hours if everything goes as planned.
On your way you will notice the terrain change and you will see the end of tree line.
See the confluence of Spiti and Sutlej river at Khab.
We shall have a lunch break at the scenic Nako village- visit the lake in Nako after lunch.
Tonight you will get your first experience in a local Spitian homestay.
You can gather around the local style tandoor in the evening and interact with your host family over dinner.
Take enough rest in the night.
Take the morning easy, have your breakfast and visit the “Ajanta of Himalayas”- The Tabo Monastery which is close to a 1000 years old now.
On your way visit Dhankar Monastery, if the road is open – Dhankar used to be the Seat of the King in ancient times- the most beautiful setting for a monument which hangs on a cliff and overlooks the confluence of the Spiti and Pin rivers.
Stay in Kaza for the night. Warm up by the tandoor and help out in the kitchen if you want to.
A great way to bond with your host is by making and sharing a meal together.
Take the morning easy and stroll through Kaza village.
You can chat with the locals over a cup of Tea.
After breakfast, we shall head to Kye Monastery and Khibber Village, if the road is open.
Kye monastery is on top of a mountain overlooking the Spiti valley and the Spiti river.
After Key monastery, we will go a bit further and visit Khibber Village- which used to be one of the highest villages in the world once upon a time.
We will also go on a snow drive towards Lohsar till the road is open.
On your way, we will make a couple of designated stops for you to take some pictures.
Stay in Kaza for the night.
Make the most of your homestay experience by learning about local life, festivals and traditions from your host family.
Enjoy a heavy breakfast and get ready for your hike to the village around Kaza.
Because of the cold and the heavy snow, a hike is an invigorating way to keep warm and also experience Spiti just like the locals do.
We leave early morning today for Rampur and as it is a long journey, breakfast and lunch will be done along the way.
Say your goodbyes to your wonderful hosts this morning.
Leave early in the morning to catch your evening flight from Chandigarh back to your hometown and take back memories back of an isolated civilisation and trans-Himalayan terrain.
Trip ends here.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.