It may be sunny one day and chilly the next day. So to be prepared for all kinds of weather, you need a lot of things to carry while traveling to Spiti in this season:
- Fleece or windcheater for a chilly, windy day
- The original government-approved ID that has address proof( Aadhar card/ Driving Licence etc.)
- If you are a resident of the country but not of Jammu and Kashmir, then you will have to get an Inner Line Permit (ILP) depending upon the villages you have planned to visit. If traveling from Manali side then you can get this permit from DC Office in Keylong or Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) at Kaza.
- If traveling on your own car via Rohtang Pass, then you must get a permit for your vehicle as well. There are three main ways you can get this permit. First you can visit the SDM Office at Manali or you can go online on the Himachal Government Website or Rohtang Pass Mobile app. But make sure that you are quick in getting one as there are only 1200 permits issued in a single day.
Then you should stock up on the following things to carry while traveling to Spiti:
- Mobile charger- one of the must-haves among the things to carry while traveling to Spiti!
- A 2-litre bottle of water should always be present in your bag as dehydration at high altitude can have severe repercussions on your health!
- Sunscreen lotion of SPF more than 30 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays