Best Times for Rafting
Weather is throughout the year ideal for rafting in Kolad. Weather in the region is humid all through the year and holds not much of surprises for the visitors. When it comes to Kola rafting expedition, however, visitors mostly prefer monsoon season (June to September). Rafting in this region during monsoons is an amazing experience. The surroundings are all the more greener, the cascading waterfalls and roaring water in the river strives for a thrilling rafting experience.
Considering similar weather conditions throughout the year, Kola rafting can be experienced any time of the year. For people who are not much of accustomed to ‘heavy’ rainfall can participate in rafting during winter season (October – March). While for those who head to water spots just with the aim of beating the heat can head straight to Kolad during summer season (March – June). Nomatter what time of the year you chose - the lush-greenery, stunning waterfalls and roaring river strive for a thrilling rafting experience.
Kolad River Rafting Cost
Enjoy rafting in Kolad for approximately 2hours, at a very reasonable cost. The cost depends on factors like the route chosen, the group size and the season.
The cost also varies depending on whether it is a weekday or a weekend. The cost for Rafting in the Kundalika River in Kolad for per person is as follows.
Weekdays: - Approximately Rs.800/-
Weekends: - Approximately Rs.1200 /-
Types of Rapid
Kundalika River is a dam controlled river, the rafting activity is conducted over the water released into the river. What started only a few years ago has now developed into a potential rafting destination in India after Rishikesh.
Kolad River rafting promises you with a nerve thrilling experience by taking you through different levels of grades. While here you will be facing following grade levels:
Grade II : Get ready to glide your raft through rough waters. Build up your team and prep up with all the safety gears as while rowing through these grades you might need to work on your manoeuvring technique because the adventure is just about to get a little rough from here.
Grade III: The moment you enter this level, you will be welcomed by raging white water. Brace yourself as you are likely to meet sudden drops. Beat the small waves rising high in order to lead forward without any tumbling. While manoeuvring through these grades, make sure you have a better technique planned in mind - build up your team for a thrilling rafting experience.
Rafting in Kolad Video
About the Activity:
- The most exciting of water adventures awaits you at Kolad, situated over the Kundalika River, just about 121 Km from Mumbai. Flowing over the mountains of the Sahyadris, it indeed makes up for a stunning getaway adventure!
- Post your arrival at the rafting campsite at around 08:30AM, you will be briefed about the dos and don’ts of water sports in Kolad. Post this, by 09:00 in the morning, get you rafting gears, hop into the enthralling waters of Kundalika.
- Employ your adventure spirit and witness the rapids crushing against the raft and increasing the thrill of the day. Continue On completion of this vigorous journey, return to the campsite by around 02:00 PM for a delicious lunch.
- Post lunch, you can also embark on various other adventures such as kayaking, jet skiing and dart games.
- After such an exciting day beside the Kundalika River and adventures like river rafting in Kolad, check-out from the campsite around 06:00 PM.
Kundalika River Rafting, Kolad
This package is certainly for rafting enthusiast as you will be rafting over a stretch of around 12-13km. You will be rafting between two dams, which will be requiring an ample amount of briefing before you kick-start your rafting excursion.
Prep up to raft through Grade III, under the guidance of experts who have a good amount of rafting experience at Rishikesh and thus are professionally qualified to supervise your river rafting in Kolad. Delight in the beautiful scenery accompanying you throughout your rafting adventure. Incrementally, one of the best weekend getaways from pune includes lonavala, rajmachi, lavasa and many more.
About the Activity:
Embark on a thrilling escape of river rafting in Kolad and let the thrilling flows of the river work magic on your adventure spirit!
The Kundalika River Rafting is one of those few locations for rafting which are open all year round and being located close to both Pune and Mumbai, is an ideal and popular spot!
The river is actually dam controlled and originates from the dam.
The rapids are of Grade 2 and Grade 3 range. The activity begins as you depart for Kolad from Dadar Station at 05:15 AM and arrive in Kolas at around 09:00 AM. The activity of rafting is thereafter followed by lunch. You can then process towards the activities such as Kayaking, river crossing and ziplining, at an additional cost.
At 06:30 AM, the activity ends as you depart towards Mumbai.
About the activity :
- Gear up for the adventure of a lifetime at the white water rafting camp in Kolad, over the Kundalika River. Located at an easy distance of approximately 121km from Mumbai, it is the perfect weekend getaway and adventure destination.
- The rapids over the river stretch over 12km and are mainly of Grade 3 and Grade 4 variety, which require immense precision in the presence of safety equipment and expert.
- The hills and forests nearby make up for a stunning scenery where alonwith rafting, you can engage in nature hikes and treks.
- Kundalika is the only rafting site where rafting happens for the entire year but the best season is from June to October. So, grab your oars and gear up for an exciting ride!
Why Kolad should be your next trekking destination this monsoon?
Rafting is a high adrenaline sport of navigating a river in an inflatable raft. If you ever get into a mood for some good river rafting adventure, head straight for river kundalika in western Maharashtra which is open for the sport throughout the year. River kundalika is fed by the excess waters from the hydroelectric projects and dams, which makes river kundalika ideally suited for white water rafting, and other water-based adventure and leisure activities.
Thrilling River Rafting adventure
Know the techniques from expertise
Raft amidst lush green forests
Surreal greenery and blissful environment while Rafting
Panoramic view of several mountains
River Rafting Distance: 12 km on the water
Rapids: Grade 2 to Grade 3
Duration: Approx. 2 hours
Group Size: 50
About the Rafting:
- Delight in an adrenaline pumping experience along the rapids that are a located at Saje, a small village on the banks of River Kundalika.
- The remote hamlet is a short drive from Mumbai just 120km away and 100 km from Pune. Located in the virgin forests below Mulshi and Bhira Dams.
- Spend two hours in this unique rafting site with multiple rides to beat the rapids as you get to body-surf, swim and have a great time.
- Report at raft start point at around 08:15 AM. Have a short briefing session with the river guide. Collect your gear and equipment and head to the river.
- You can then embark on the incredible experience of navigating these rapids that stretch for almost 11km. Thrill yourself with this delightful experience.
- This activity does not require any swimming experience and anyone above the age of 14 can indulge in the activity.
- The site can be accessed by any local transport by road to take back the incredible memories as you embark this activity.
Rafting in Kundalika River at Kolad
Following your arrival here, delight in the stunning beauty of this dam controlled river. Apart from all available adventure activities, Kolad is an ideal picnic destination which promises you with a complete de-stressing experience.
Put on your safety gears after receiving all instruction from trained expertise. Embark on a 10km journey and get ready to beat your fear. Balance your raft while gliding through furious waves, boost up your adrenaline as you wind your raft over gigantic waves with rest of the team members with this Kolad river rafting package.
Delight in the lap of nature! Enthrall in this beautiful combination of adventure and stay. De-stress yourself in this ideal getaway destination. Experience the joy of camping right next to Kundalika River. A perfect natural re-treat, rejuvenate yourself in the lap of nature.
While in the day time, get ready to boost your adrenaline as you are in for an adventurous treat. Leave your fear far behind and get ready to beat some terrific waves while you engross in a rafting expedition at Kolad. Come evening, relax under the beautiful sky, spend some quality moments while relaxing in your camps.
About the Activity:
- Let the abundant greens of Kolad welcome you with the magical expanse of the Kundalika River.
- A quick drive from Mumbai and you will be relaxing in the arms of Kolad camping.
- Perfect respite from the tiresome city life, this destination will offer you all the simple pleasures of life and adventure too! Embarking on water sports in Kolad promises to be not only thrilling experience!.
- As you arrive on a refreshing evening check in at your destination about 05:00PM, after which your adventurous experience gets off to a wonderful start.
- It is here that you can start on various experiences such as Burma Bridge, Trekking, Treasure Hunt and many more such pursuits which will keep your adrenaline at an all time high!
About Camping & Rafting in Kolad
If it is pure and raw adventure that you are looking for, then you need to head for an exciting white water rafting and stay experience in Kolad. Apart from the adventure sports, you can also enjoy an exciting array of historic sites around the place.
The Kundalika River flows through the rugged terrain of the forested hills and through the farms and offers a golden opportunity to enjoy a rafting tour for beginners. This river on the international scale is rated as a grade IV river, making its rapids pose a challenge for the ardent water sports lover.You will run the rafts in fast flowing water currents almost 12km downstream.
Check In: 3 PM
Check Out: 3 PM
Distance: FROM MUMBAI ( 120 KM )
FROM PUNE (120 KM ) VIA Tamhini Ghat Road
Min number of people required to book: 1
Rafting, Activities and Lakeside Stay near Kundalika River
Kolad is not some other adventure destination, it is one place ideal to shed off all your fatigues. Enthrall in an experience of lakeside camping like never before! Camp on the beautiful banks of the river, wrapped by stunning greenery from all sides.
Delight in a complete adventure experience – feat yourself with some heart racing water adventures. Build up your team as you prep up to beat the wild waves in river rafting in Kolad. You can also indulge in various other array of activities that Kundalika offers you. Camp under sky lit sky, share these best moments of life with other group members. Kolad is certainly a home away from home. Additionally, the best feature about mumbai is that though the life here may be hectic, it also has some excellent weekened getaways near mumbai to hang out.
About the Activity:
- Charge yourself and get ready for some
thrilling monsoon rafting in Kolad. This tiny weekend getaway destination in
Maharshtra is well known for its wide variety of water adventure sports.
- Reach Kolad in the evening at around 4 PM in the evening and relax and stroll around the area amidst the green surroundings.
- Enjoy your dinner and go for a good night sleep because a day awaits you with full of adventure.
- Next day, enjoy your breakfast and report at the rafting start point, where you will meet your guide. Until you gear up for the activity, listen to your guide carefully explaining all the important safety procedures.
- Start your rafting activity and pass through some really tough and challenging rapids and get your adrenaline pumped up.
- Finish your rafting activity and head to your stay where a delicious lunch awaits you.
- Check out from the stay at around 3.30 PM and end your tour with lots of adventurous memories.
About the Kundalika Activity & Campsite:
- The Kundalika rafting camp is the perfect choice for anyone looking to indulge in adventure in the green escapes of nature! Located at just a couple of hour's drive from Mumbai, it is the preferred hotspot for all those eager to escape the mad rush of the city.
- The Kundalika rafting camp gives you a rare opportunity to engage yourself in a multitude of adventure activities in the engaging company of nature. As you take a quiet drive down to the campsite, you can check-in and indulge in the beauty of nature while munching on some yummy snacks and refreshing tea. Fortify yourself and embark on a vast range of activities like kayaking, jet ski, and archery!
- Get your tired but excited selves back to the campsite and relish a delicious dinner before calling it a night. The next day indulges in rafting and other activities post breakfast.
Note- Zipline, Banana ride and Bumper ride are available at an extra cost.
Kundalika Rafting With Meals
Rafting With Meals & Water Activities- Bumper Ride, Banana Ride, Jet Ski, Zipline, River Crossing, Kayaking
Tent, Cottages, and Domes are available at the campsite. You can choose between Tents on 2 sharing bases, Cottage on 6 sharing basis and Dome on 9 sharing bases.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and in the evening, Tea and snacks will be served during the stay at the campsite.
How to reach:
Kolad is 120 km away from Mumbai and 145 km from Pune. You can easily reach here by public or private transport.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 3:00 pm
Check-In: 7:30 AM
Check-Out: 4:00 PM
Check-In: 7:30 AM
Check-Out: 6:00 PM
Kolad is a home to all the nature lovers that compels them to experience life beyond ordinary. This spirit-stirring town is surrounded by lush greenery, majestic valleys and picturesque backdrops makes Kolad a treat to the eyes and a peace to the mind.
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a fun-frolic day out at Empower Camp in Kolad.Take a short drive from cities like Mumbai, Pune and mark the beginning of an exciting day out.
Keep yourself immersed in unlimited fun, thrill and excitement with activities like rafting,Rock climbing, Burma Bridge, Zipline, Rowing, Rafting, Artificial wall climbing .
Make the day out even more exciting with sumptuous buffet meals.This place is suitable for family, friends and corporates.
Places you can visit-
Bhira dam- 16 KM
Ghosala fort-37 KM
Tamhini falls- 49 KM
Sutarwadi Lake- 5 km
Package 1 - Day out with Breakfast and activities
Package 2- Day out with Breakfast, Lunch and activities
Activities: Rafting,Rock climbing, Burma Bridge, Zipline, Rowing, White Water Rafting, Artificial wall climbing .
How to reach the campsite:
It is located at a distance of 122 km from Mumbai 104 from Pune. You can easily reach by private or public transportation.
Child Policy :
Children below 5 years can join without any charges, and those between 6 to 10 years can book the child package.
About the Activity:
- Get ready for an overnight picnic in Kolad, a harmonious tourist spot on the banks of river Kundalini in the Raigad district which is 135 KM away from Mumbai.
- The salubrious nature will be an escapade from the stressed out life and the adventure activities provided reimburse you the peace of mind.
- Indulge in swimming or rowing in the scenic lake for a relaxed time, take a trek to discover the veiled beauty of nature or spend time walking along the countryside.
- Experience a rejuvenating feeling while you camp either in the tents or in the cottages on water with a silent night to comfort you.
- Take part in outdoor as well as indoor games at the campsite with your friends or family.
- Relish the Maharashtrian-Konkani style cuisine overlooking the lake and reminisce about the picnic.
How to Reach Kolad
From Mumbai –
The distance from Mumbai to Kolad is approximately 122 km.
- In case you are travelling via Kodambakkam - Mumbai Hwy and Khopoli - Pali Rd. Then you will reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 26 min.
- If you are travelling via MH SH 104 and NH66, you would reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 48 min.
- In case you plan to travel from Mumbai to Kolad via NH66, then you would take approximately 3 h 27 min.
One can take a day train from Mumbai (Dadar and CST) railway station to Kolad railway station. The time taken to reach Kolad from Mumbai by train is approximately 2 hours
From Pune –
The distance from Pune to Kolad is approximately 144.4km.
- If you are travelling through the Mumbai –Pune Expressway, you would reach Kolad in approximately 3 hours.
- If you are travelling via Tamhini Ghat Rd, then you would reach Kolad in approximately 2 h 50 min.
One can take a train from Pune railway station to Kolad railway station. The time taken to reach Kolad from Pune by train is approximately 3.5 hours. The train passes via Lonavala.
Rock – Climbing near Kundalika River
If you though Kolad is all about water adventures you need to give a second though. The entire region is made up of amazing rock formations and cliffs. For people who are not much of water sports lovers can indulge in some thrilling rock climbing adventure while in Kolad.
Satiate your thirst of adventure by participating in this thrilling activity. An ideal place for this particular excursion, beat your fear of heights and get ready to face some challenges. Test your skills as you slowly balance yourself on tiny foundations while conquering gigantic rocks here.
Kayaking at Kundalika River, Kolad
Yes, everyone may raise their eye brows when hear about kayaking in Kundalika River which is undoubtedly famous for white water rafting. But never mind; kayaking also plays an important role in bringing adventure lovers to Kolad. Though rafting is a permanently done activity here, kayaking also serves a large sect of people who love to feel the excitement hidden in the tiny object called kayak with paddling down the tricky rapids of Kundalika River.
There are various tour providers who give rafting as well as kayaking at reasonable rates. There will be professional guides who will explain how to do kayaking and about the equipment used. In terms of adventure as well, kayaking in Kundalika River will be equal to that of rafting. The major rapids will give enough challenge to the kayaks so that you have to adopt into the strenuous paddling skills yet quite amazing to cover the long distance in the river.
The schools providing training course in kayaking are located near the river itself so that if you are not familiar with kayaking, you can opt for a one day course before you indulge in the original kayaking in Kundalika River. But you need not be fluent in swimming as safety equipment will be provided before you head out to the water and the kayaks and the pads are well maintained and quality checked so that there is nothing to be worried about its conditions.
The kayaking expeditions are available at different rates depending on the season and the tour provider you choose. The rate starts from Rs.350 for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Jet Ski near Kundalika River
With its diversified options, Kundalika River is certainly one stop destination for all adventure junkies out there. Besides adventure activities get captivated with the stunning greenery and picturesque landscapes of Kolad region.
Indulge in a heart racing Jet Ski experience at Kundalika. Suitable for even beginners, you will be provided with required briefing for this water adventure. Hop on to your ride and get ready to race with other group members. Cruise over the calm water and let the fun begin.
Canyoning near Kundalika River
Kundalika River has all required ingredients to make a spicy getaway story ready! For water enthusiasts, water adventures are an easy option to quench their adventure thirst. For other rock climbing and canyoning are the most preferred options.
Boost your adrenaline as you carefully descend down while clinging to the rope. Beat your fear as you combine your mountaineering and rafting techniques in this one activity. Take a break from routine life and indulge in some amazing fun-filled canyoning while in Kolad. In addition, you can have a tryst with the historical legacy of the Mumbai, chill by the Arabian Sea as you munch on some delectable street food, study about some legendary arts, ride on the most epic amusement park, etc. So, one should never miss out to visit best places to visit in mumbai along with friends as well as family.
Kundalika River Crossing in Kolad
Unlike the fame white water rafting in Kundalika River has achieved in all these years, Kundalika river crossing is comparatively less known but those who have undergone through the adventure offered by the rope based water adventure have recommended it as one of the best activities that can be done in Kolad due to the excitement is hidden throughout the rope. You get the twin feeling of being above water but with the endurance, a rope activity can promise. And here, you are alone, balancing on the rope yourself where as other adventure activities will have instructors around.
This is the best time to feel the river on your feet as you will touch it hanging on the rope. Kundalika is in Kolad, around 3 hours of drive from Mumbai. As everyone knows, this is one of the most favorite adventure spots in Maharashtra. Kundalika River is the pivotal attraction in Kolad for offering different water sports. The river is originating from a village called Bhira and acts as the major water source to Kolad and the neighborhood.
For the rope activities as well, there are multiple tour providers and adventure clubs. Proper safety gears and training sessions will be given to you before you head out to indulge in the activity. The instructors may be at the other end of the river checking you throughout the activity and there is nothing to worry about as you can find plenty of visitors doing this amazing river crossing multiple times. Yes, this is not for faint hearted ones but for those with ultimate courage.
Bumper Boat Ride in Kundalika River
This is one activity that is suitable for families as well. Enthrall gliding over a boat shaped like banana that is ties behind a speed boat. Feel your heart racing as you race behind the jet. Experience real joy in this child-like-activity.
Delight yourself in an adventure pumping experience as you feel the cool splashes falling on you while you race your bumper boat on the calm waters of the Kundalika River. Enjoy a weekend getaway in this ideal destination. Also, there are numerous places to visit in pune along with your friends and dear ones.
Mountain Biking near Kundalika River
Kundalika River, is a perfect weekend getaway destination lying in the proximity of Mumbai and Pune. Enjoy the stunning greenery wrapping the surrounding mountain ranges by indulging in an adrenaline boosting mountain biking experience in Kolad region.
Take a break from all available water adventures and get enthralled in a biking experience like never before. With its uneven and challenging trails – this is a perfect biking place near Kolad. Ride through rugged terrains and challenge your limits as you smear mud all over while racing with other group members.
Waterfall Rappelling near Kundalika River
While touring this region of Maharashtra, brace yourself for some heart racing activities. Kolad Waterfall is a perfect destination for water adventures. Waterfall rappelling is a controlled descend through a waterfall using a rope. With your arrival at Kolad, begin your waterfall rappelling, experience the thrills as you carefully descend!
Enjoy this thrilling activity that requires your mountaineering skills, watch your step as you carefully place your foot while descending through the stunning waterfall. Enjoy the scenic landscape provising a perefect backdrop while you cling to the rope. Explore yourself with this fun-filled activity.
ATV Ride near Kundalika River
Unleash the devil in you with an amazing quad biking experience in Kolad. A quad bike also known as an all-terrain vehicle (ATV), is a customized three/four wheeler that is driven on low pressure tires and are suitable for any kind of track. It is one sporting activity that has travelled its way right from US to all other parts of the world.
As soon as you arrive, you will be briefed about some dos and don’ts of the game. Post this briefing session – get ready with your safety gears before riding your beast. Prep up for some mud-splashing, heart racing experience with rest of the group members. Show others your strength as you ride your ATV on rugged terrains.
Boating in Kundalika River, Kolad
Kundalika River is gradually becoming a favourite adventure destination among ardent adventurists and enthusiasts. No matter, whether you wish to enjoy the beautiful surroundings or get a taste of water adventures, this place has all.
While you stay here! Get ready to gather your wits for some thrilling activities. Since Kundalika is a dam controlled water thus making it ideal spot for water activities. Apart from all firm water adventures available here, there is one activity that is loved by almost everyone. Experience a fuecnfilled boating in Kundalika river, sip in the surrounding environs while pedalling your way over the placid waters. Moreover, Pune is banked beside river Mutha and is blessed with an ambient weather throughout the year, which make one of the best places to visit in pune ever in a lifetime with your family and friends.
About the Activity:
- An exciting adventure destination, Kundalika River has fast become the mecca for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. Apart from rafting, there are a number of adventures that you can enjoy.
- Enjoy archery at Kolad by the riverside; this activity is organised during the daytime.
- You will be briefed about the dos and don’ts along with the safety measures related to archery.
- Post this, get your archery gears; bows and arrows, and showcase all your archery skills with this amazing archery at Kolad camp.
About the Activity:
- If you are yearning for some fun and adventure, your search will end. Enjoy a small rivulet outing.
- Banana boat ride in Kolad has its own fun and delight among all the available water sports near Pune.
- Get to the Kundalika riverside and indulge in a round of this fun-filled banana boat ride at Kolad. With a maximum capacity of carrying 6 members at a time, this inflated boat will surely keep you engrossed throughout the day!
- It is advisable that you hire a guide or an instructor. It is wise to listen carefully to the guides instructions and abide by them to fully enjoy your rafting trip.
- Avoid rafting if you are physically unfit. Paddling the raft needs strength and energy. Feel free to consult a doctor before indulging in this activity.
- Consuming alcohol during the expedition or prior to the rafting trip is strictly prohibited.
- Wearing lifejackets or the personal floatation devices during the water rafting session is mandatory.
- It is recommended that you stay hydrated during the rafting trip, in order to deal with the heat. Hence carry drinking water along with you, to avoid dehydration.
- Do carry a handy first aid kit, with basics like painkillers, antiseptic lotions, Band-Aid, etc.
Things to Carry
It is always advisable to be well decked up with all necessary things that could come handy while you prep up for Kolad rafting excursion. Below listed are some of the essential that you should carry so as to avoid any unannounced peril.- Valid Identity Proof – It is always advisable to carry a valid Identity proof, since rafting is an adventure sport, you will be required to provide your valid identity.
- All luggage to be packed in a sturdy sack bag – Pack light and travel light is the mantra of travelling. Make sure that you pack everything in a backpack, so that your hands are free.
- A handy water bottle – Adventure sports may lead to dehydration so ensure you have adequate amount of drinking water to keep you going.
- A Swiss/knife– For a perfect adventurous experience, be prepared with all handy gears.
- A Good quality and sturdy pair of walking shoes/ chappals/floaters – For adventurous activities, the first rule is to wear comfortable shoes and while rafting there is danger of waves pulling you out of the raft. Ensure your feet are properly tucked in comfortable shoes.
- Extra pair of clothes – There is no second guessing that you will be getting thoroughly drenched; pack some extra clothing that you can put on post your rafting in Kolad.
- Sunglasses and a cap/hat – Though Kolad maintains a cool-humid climate throughout the year but it is advisable to have a proper head gear so as to protect yourself from harsh sun.
- Rain jacket – If you are willing to go river rafting in Kolad during Monsoons, ensure that you have a good-effective rain gears packed with you.
- Waist Pouch – Instead of hunting for small-small things in your backpack, make sure you carry all your money, phones and other tiny things in a waist pouch. Also, a waist pouch reduces risk of losing things.
- Camera – Who wants to miss such thrilling activities? Store all your lovely memories of Kolad in a camera so that you can relive the moment anytime and every time later in life.
- Any personal medication – Travelling might take a toll on your health. It is always suggested to pack all your personal medication with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is rafting risky and dangerous?
Rafting is an adventurous activity full of thrill and fun. Thus, it involves some level of risk. Hence, it is essential that proper safety measures are taken. One should definitely enjoy the experience of white water rafting and also abide by the rules and regulations mentioned, to avoid any kind of accident.
2) Is it safe to go rafting, when one doesn’t know how to swim?
It is safe for non-swimmers to go for white water rafting. Since, thorough safety measures are taken. One has to mandatorily wear a ‘life vest’ or personal flotation device (PFD).The guides who accompany you are well-trained for any necessary rescue missions, to handle any kind of mishap.
3) How fit do I have to be, to be eligible for rafting?
While rafting one has to go up or down the river in a raft, especially paddle rafts. This means moving the boat requires physical power; one has to be reasonably healthy to do that. Feel free to consult a doctor, if your mind is filled with doubts and queries regarding the same.
4) What should be my attire while rafting?
A swim suit is a preferable option, a t-shirt and shorts is also acceptable. It is suggested that you avoid wearing cotton. Wear sturdy shoes and not wear flip-flops; one can choose wear old tennis shoes, river shoes or water shoes. Do not forget to carry an extra pair of clothes and a towel.
5) What are my chances of falling out of the boat? What should I do, in this case?
There are very few incidences, where one has fallen out of the boat. If you can swim it is one of the exhilarating experiences to swim in the river. But, avoid getting off the boat, because no matter how exciting it seems, it leads to disorientation. Do not fear, if you fall of the boat accidentally, just follow your guide’s instructions.
6) Can I bring my camera or video camera?
One can surely bring a camera or video camera along, but at their risk. There is a possibility that there will be a professional photographer who would accompany your group. This depends on the package offered. In case, you don’t wish to carry your personal cameras, feel free to purchase these photographs.
7) What is the ideal time to enjoy the sport?
The perfect time to enjoy rafting is anytime between the months of September to June. January and February are exceptionally awesome. Rafting is closed during the rainy season. Hence, one can enjoy rafting with family and friends anytime, but during rains.
8) Is rafting safe for children and the elderly?
The answer, to this question varies depending on the trip chosen and the rules and regulations of each package. The factors considered are depending upon the risk factors involved. If there is no particular age limit specified, then children and elderly should feel free to go for rafting.