Watersports in KoladKolad, a beautiful village in the Raigad district, lies on the banks of the River Kundalika and is teeming in abundance with lush green forests and expanse of fields and has a lot of history and culture with some forts lying in ruins but making for great treks and sightseeing. The river feeds the soil there and makes for great adventure activities around it. There are some wonderful tour packages for water sports in Kolad, and so for anyone remotely interested in water activities this makes for a great place to be.
And if you want to combine sightseeing, trekking, rafting, river crossing on a zip line and other adventurous activities with water sports then there are some wonderful packages for you to choose from. There is an overnight stay and river rafting activity at Kolad, where you can enjoy tackling the 12 Kms stretch of pure 4 grade rapids flowing through the lush forests and green fields down the stream. Take the package of lakeside stay along with river rafting and other activities, where you can indulge in some relaxed kayaking by the lakeside and river crossing from a zip line and satisfying the cravings of an adrenaline junkie.
You can experience some waterfall rappelling down the edgy scraggly outcrops of the Sahayadri Mountains attached to a harness in Kundalika River and have a one of a kind experience feeling the wind blow against your body while the cool water gushes down on you on your way down. Enjoy a Jet Ski tour, where you can satisfy your need for speed along with your love for watersports in Kolad and have the adrenaline pumping all day long. Enjoy lazing by the water and satisfy your hunger pangs with some local lip smacking cuisine. All in a day’s work.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Kolad
What are the best water sports in Kolad?
Kolad is a small village situated on the bank of River Kundalika which makes it a prime destination of Kolad water sports. Out of numerous option some best water sports that you should try are:
1. River Rafting: Out of all the water sports in Kolad, River rafting will surely get your heart pumping and that is the reason it is not meant for weak-hearted people. Emerged as the most popular water sport, river rafting will take you to a ride of adrenaline rush where you will be pedalling your way out of the water whirlpools and rapids for over 12 kilometres on a raft.
Entry Fee: A River Rafting ride will cost you around INR 900 per adult.
Timings: You need to be at the location by 08:00 a.m. and your ride will take around 2 hours in total to complete.
2. Kayaking: In this Kolad water sports activity you have to move across the Kundalika River in a canoe -like boat where you will be on your own. You will be provided with a paddle, helmet and life jacket to paddle your path through this glorious river. All the required training will be provided to you beforehand so that you can challenge the white waters of Kundalika River.
It is not necessary that you should know swimming before Kayaking, trainers will guide you well enough so that you can conquer this water sport. The entire activity will be for a duration of 45 minutes.
Entry Fee: A unique kayaking experience can be enjoyed at just INR 350 per adult.
Timings: 9 a.m. till 6 p.m.
3. River Crossing: Out of all the Kolad Water Sports, River crossing is comparatively easy as you will be harnessed to the safety rope during the whole activity. Having said that doesn’t mean thrill is less, you need to pull yourself from one side of the zipline to the other going through the splashing water of Kundalika River.
The activity instructors will be there to guide you on both the ends and you need to cover the distance from one side of the river to the other going parallel to the zip line. This really takes a test of your strength and courage.
Entry Fee: This Kolad water sports can be enjoyed at INR 150 per adult.
Timings: 09:00 a.m. till 06:00 p.m.
4. Jet Ski: Jet Ski is probably the fastest way to enjoy Kolad water sports. Hop on to your jet-ski, start the powerful engine and enjoy your thrilling ride on the water waves as you make your way through them.
This Kolad water sports will be a ride of around 30 minutes, you will be trained by the professional trainer about the jet-ski and once you are well versed with the Jet Ski, you will see yourself riding the JetSki.
Entry Fee: This Kolad water sports can be enjoyed at INR 500 per adult.
Timings: 08:30 a.m. till 01:00 p.m.
5. Waterfall Rappelling: It is a water sports in Kolad where you will be facing the Kundalika River’s stream falling down from the Sahyadri Mountains. Also called Abseiling in Germany, in this water sport you slide down from 350 feet with a rope and harness fastened across you.
Entry Fee: This Kolad water Sports can be enjoyed at INR 500 per adult.
Timing: 08:00 a.m. onwards.
6. Banana Boat Ride: This is a fun adventure ride where you can hop on a banana shaped boat along with your group and enjoy a bouncing and jumping ride on water. Non-swimmers can opt for this activity but make sure that you are reasonably fit.
Entry Fee: INR 600 per Adult.
Timings: 09:00 a.m. onwards.
7. Canoeing: In this thrilling activity you will have to move up and down through a waterfall while keeping a check of your balance and calmness. You will get up and close with nature in this activity as will go through water canyons, waterfalls and rock pools.
Entry Fee: INR 350 per adult.
Timings: 09:30 a.m. onwards.
What are the best places to do water sports in Kolad?
Kolad is a hub for the water sports in the Mahad region of Maharashtra and you can enjoy various water sports activities at different locations here. Some popular locations for Water Sports in Kolad are:
1. Kundalika River: It is the centre of attraction of all the major water sports that are organised here in Kolad. While Kundalika River serves Kolad as a lifeline this river is home for most of the water sports as well. All the highly popular water sports in Kolad like River Rafting, Kayaking, and Scuba Diving are organised here.
Entry Fee: The price begins as low as INR 350 for Kayaking and goes upto INR 1000 for river rafting.
Timings: Most of the adventure sports here begin between 08:00 a.m. to 09:00 a.m. and shut down by evening 06:00 p.m.
2. Devkund Waterfall: Once you are doing with Kundalika River water sports, you can hop on to Devkund Waterfall. It is built in the shape of a submerged pond and which attracts multiple tourists here. You can enjoy swimming here or a bath under the Waterfall.
Timings: Leave the area before sunset as there are no proper lightning arrangements and it gets dangerous during the night time.
What should I wear for water sports in Kolad?
Kolad is a prime location for water sports affairs and it will include movements of body parts so adequate dressing has to be done before engaging yourself in watersport activities. Prefer to wear loose fitting clothing so that your movements are not restricted also try to wear shorts or cargos as it serves the same purpose.
Keep in mind that you are wearing such clothing material that does not absorb the water easily and also dries off quickly. Avoid wearing your best shoes as they will get wet, try to wear floaters or shoes that do not easily get affected by water.
If you are planning to swim then carry your swimsuit along, also carry a cap or hat and apply sunscreen. Make sure to carry an extra pair of clothing and avoid wearing any type of Jewellery or any other costly item.
What is the cost of river rafting in Kolad?
With Thrillophilia you can enjoy your favourite white water river rafting at just INR 900 per adult. It will be once in a lifetime experience and you can enjoy it with your family as well as friends.
Is water sports safe in Kolad?
You can rest assured that your safety will be taken care of while you are performing water sports like river rafting, kayaking, or any other activity. Trained instructors are there to guide you about each and every detail of the water sport. However you cannot ignore the fact that all the water sports do come along with a potential risk factor and organizers cannot be held responsible in case of any accident. So the best way to enjoy the water sports safely is to listen to your instructor carefully and perform the activity in the same manner.
What is the age criteria to do water sports in Kolad?
In order to enjoy the water sports in Kolad the kid needs to be at least 14 years old however, there is no maximum age limit. There is a restriction on weight as well, the person availing water sports facility must be moderately fit and weigh less than 120 Kilograms.
Kids under the age of 18 years must have the consent of an adult while performing water sport.
Which type of water sports are available for kids?
There are a couple of water sports that kids can enjoy without getting afraid of water. This includes Swimming, Surfing, Snorkelling, Kayaking, Scuba Diving and Canoeing.
Can a non-swimmer indulge in water sports in Kolad?
Despite being a non-swimmer you can enjoy the facility of water sports. During all the water sports a life jacket will be provided along with rest of the safety equipment.
What happens in case of any medical emergency during water sports in Kolad?
The trainers are well equipped in giving the first aid medical assistance to the casualty in case of an emergency during water sport.