1. Bhivpuri Waterfall: The town of Bhivpuri is famous for its beautiful waterfalls which attract flocks of tourists everyday.
This delightful sight of gushing streams falling down and creating a pool can be best enjoyed in the monsoon season when they are at their best flows. Many people also opt got waterfall rappelling and camping around the streams, thus making it famous spot of Karjat City.
Location: Bhivpuri Waterfall, Bhivpuri Camp, Karjat.
2. Ulhas Valley: A valley filled with green vegetation, dotted with beautiful hills and waterfalls and home to a plethora of adventurous activities, Ulhas Valley is a famous tourist spot in Karjat City.
From hiking through the thick green plantations to trekking towards the eye-catching and panoramic sceneries of the whole valley, a trip here will take you deep within nature.
Location: Ulhas Valley, Kune Village, Karjat.
3. Kondana Caves: These rock cut ancient buddhist caves find their name in the list UNESCO World Heritage Site and exhibit the brilliance of ancient carvings. From beautiful frescoes to the colourful paintings inscribed on the walls, this place provides you many eye-catching sceneries.
Reaching here is a thrilling activity in itself, as one is required to trek for around one hour amidst the lush green forests. The caves are located on the base of a waterfall, thus one can marvel at many panoramic views from the height.
Location: Rajmachi Trek, Kondhane, Karjat.
4. Kothaligad Fort: Also known as the Peth Fort, this beautiful ruins lie in the heart of Sahyadri Range. This place is considered to be one of the popular treks which has attracted numerous adventure seekers.
The path towards the top is rocky and passed through many green fields. Once you reach here, a temple and caves await you and will offer a perfect backdrop for some memorable pictures. From the top, a panoramic view of the whole valley can be enjoyed on a clear day.
Location: Peth, Karjat.
5. Kondeshwar Temple: Build in ancient Hemadpanthi style, this beautiful temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Known to be a sanctuary for the heart and mind, this temple is located amidst the lush green forest, aligned to a huge hill and has a beautiful river passing besides it.
The part of the river on its sides is open to take a dip and spend some spiritual time in the waters. Having older architecture, this temple is home to many ancient sculptures and little shrines.
Location: Bhoj, Maharashtra.
6. Bahiri Caves: Attracting an equal number of pilgrims and adventurers, these caves are a temple dedicated to Lord Bahiri. The stairs to the cave are steep and one needs to ascend up as if they are trekking, thus adding the thrill to a temple visit.
Sitting at an elevation og 500 metres, these caves overlook Ulhas Valley, thus providing the visitors with a panoramic view of the serene valley. A prominent location of Karjat Tourism, this temple is a must visit whenever you plan a vacation in Karjat.
Location: Bahiri Caves, Karjat.
7. Pali Bhutivali dam: A famous picnic spot and a go-to destination for the locals, the backwaters of this dam are nothing more than a haven for nature lovers. Staying at a close proximity to Bhivpuri and Matheran made it a famous location among the tourists and a must-visit spot of Karjat Tourism.
Although the dam has been under construction since the last 25 years, the backwaters provide the visitors with much required thrill and offer you a chance to enjoy a session of boating.
Location: Diskal, Karjat.
8. ND Studio: This is one of the famous tourist spots in Karjat City as it houses beautiful sets of television series and many famous movies. From havelis to colossal buildings, this Studio is home to many beautiful places which once were the shooting spot for many commercials, serials and movies. From Jodha Akbar to Devdas, sets of many famous movies are still intact and provide beautiful backdrops to click pictures.
Location: Karjat Road, Chowk Phata, Khalapur, Karjat.
Entry Fee/Price: INR 800 to INR 1000.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.