Matheran Honeymoon PackagesMatheran honeymoon packages make this smallest hill station in India the ideal location to plan a hassle-free romantic getaway. Nestled at a height of 2600 feet above sea level, Matheran is blessed with the scenic Sahyadri range on the Western Ghats, offering the ideal setting for newlyweds to kindle their love lives. It is a well-liked honeymoon destination for its serenity, breathtaking surroundings, and vehicle-free roads. Matheran packages for couples include sightseeing at the majority of the picturesque locations, from Louisa Point and Monkey Point to Charlotte Lake.
These packages guarantee a memorable and hassle-free getaway as they include sightseeing, activities, lodging, meals, and transportation. These can be customised to meet your needs and preferences. Numerous activities, including horseback riding, hiking, and toy train rides, can also be added to the packages for extra fun. Matheran packages offer a variety of options for you to choose from depending on your budget, ranging from affordable to luxurious. Thrillophilia’s tour experts take care of all your needs from the time of your arrival at the designated location until you board the flight back home. Also, the couple packages can be customized as per your mate’s need and get some quality time. Enjoy some alone time with each other in a peaceful environment and in total privacy, making them the ideal way to live your married life.
People Also Ask About Honeymoon in Matheran
Which are the best places to visit in Matheran for a honeymoon?
1. Louisa Point: One of the most exciting stops on your Matheran honeymoon package is Louisa Point which is famous for its mountains, valleys, waterfalls and lakes. It is also an exceptional viewpoint, from where you can see the tips of the mountains meet the sky and the settlements that have developed in the picturesque valleys of Matheran.
2. One Tree Hill Point: The primary attraction of this romantic destination is the singular tree that stands alone in the middle of a vast Greenland. It is almost a quiet and romantic place that you can explore with your spouse as part of your Matheran honeymoon package. It is a wonderful place to enjoy a picnic and take in the natural beauty of Matheran while spending quality time with your significant other.
Planning A Trip To Matheran! Then You should Checkout Matheran Trip Packages Now!
3. Honeymoon Point: Another must-visit stop on your Matheran honeymoon package is Honeymoon Point. This is also a natural paradise where you can explore the surroundings, enjoy a romantic outdoor picnic, go for a walk or a hike and simply take in the peace and solitude that the mountains of Matheran have to offer.
4. Echo Point: When you sign up for a Matheran honeymoon Package, one of the places that you must visit is Echo Point. While you can catch an exceptional view of the majestic Western Ghats, the main attraction of this place is how the mountains echo your voice back to you. It is an experience of a lifetime that you can share with your spouse.
Sketching Out A Journey To Nashik! Checkout Our Best Selling Nashik Package Now!
5. Panorama Point: Panorama Point is a romantic stop on your Matheran honeymoon Package that is situated in one of the remotest parts of Matheran. You have to trek for 2 km and even have to ride a horse to reach this point. After arriving, you can witness a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside, with a horizon that is fringed with the ranges of the Sahyadri mountains.
6. King George Point: King George Point is a wonderful inclusion in your Matheran honeymoon Package that is located at a distance of 2.7 km from the marketplace. This vantage point offers a panoramic view of the magical mountain ranges and the picturesque view of a vast valley surrounded by three hills. It is also a place where you can witness the most beautiful sunset with your partner.
7. Sunset Point: Another wonderful place to catch the sunset from is the famous Sunset Point. Also known as Porcupine Point, it is unmistakably one of the best places to be in Matheran when the evening sun is setting.
Click Here To Book: Forest Camping in Matheran
What are the best things to do in Matheran?
1. Rappelling in Dodhani Waterfalls: Rappelling down the Dodhani Falls is one of the most thrilling and exciting activities you can indulge in during your Matheran honeymoon trip. Best-quality gear and harnesses like ropes, descenders, helmets and gloves are provided for a seamless and safe experience. Beginners and professionals alike can enjoy this thrilling activity.
- Price: INR 1,550 per person Approx
2. The Chanderi Caves Trek: Situated at an elevation of 800 metres, the Chanderi Caves lie on the way to Karjat from Badlapur. With a mesmerising view of the cloud-covered mountain ranges and the lush green terrain, trekking to the Chanderi Caves is an awesome experience that will lead to unforgettable memories on your honeymoon.
Checkout & Book: Trek To Chanderi Caves
3. The Kalavantin Pinnacle Trek: Situated at an elevation of 2,300 feet, a trek to Kalavantin Pinnacle is a rejuvenating and refreshing activity you can indulge in during your Matheran honeymoon trip. Also known as Kalavantin Durg, this awesome trekking site is located between Panvel and Matheran. Due to the comfortable incline of the terrain on this trek, it can be enjoyed by beginners and experts alike.
4. Irshalgad Fort Trek: When you are planning a Matheran honeymoon trip, you must explore the Irshalgad Fort and the corresponding trek. It is a 2-3 hours trek covering a distance of 3.5 km. The adventure allows you to catch a unique view of the Morbe Reservoir and explore the natural beauty of Matheran from a unique perspective.
5. Rock Climbing: For couples who like adventure and want to make unique memories on their honeymoon, an exciting activity that can be a part of your agenda includes rock climbing. The terrain of Matheran is ideal for enjoying this adventure sport, where you can climb rocky mountain faces and catch a bird’s eye view of the valley spread out under you. Some popular spots where you can go rock climbing include Louisa Point, Alexander Point, Garbett Point, Prabal Fort and Shivaji’s Ladder.
- Price: INR 600 per person Approx
Planning A Vacation To Mahabaleshwar! Then You Should Checkout Mahabaleshwar Package Now!
6. Picnic at Charlotte Lake: For couples who like to spend quality time together in peace and tranquillity, an ideal spot is Charlotte Lake. Also known as Sharlott Lake, this beautiful lake is situated 2 km from Matheran Railway Station. This 50-foot-deep lake is cradled between the blue Sahyadri ranges and the lush greenery of the valleys. Charlotte Lake looks exceptionally beautiful during the monsoon season. The water swells up and the surrounding forests and flowers bloom.
7. Neral –Matheran Toy Train Trip: Enjoying a toy train ride through the mountains of the Western Ghats and taking in the sights and sounds of the Matheran countryside is one of the most romantic things to do on your honeymoon. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, this delightful train journey spans 21 km covering some of the most popular attractions in Matheran.
- Price: First Class: INR 300 (For Adults), INR 180 (For children)
Second Class: INR 45 (For Adults), INR 30 (For children)
Planning a Gateway To Kolad! Checkout Our Best Selling Kolad Trip Packages Now!
How many days are sufficient for Matheran?
A minimum of 2 days is required for you to experience the full beauty of Matheran and take in all it has to offer. However, if you want to absorb the essence of the place, check out the hidden treasures in the town, explore secluded trails and spend some quality time in this quaint hill-station, you can even stay for 5-7 days.
Which are the best places to stay in Matheran?
1. The Byke Heritage: Situated on M.G. Road, the Byke Heritage Resort is one of the best accommodations near the famous tourist points like the Echo Point, Charlotte Lake, Belvedere and the Louisa Point.
2. Neemrana’s Verandah in the Forest: The Neemrana Verandah in the Forest is an exquisite colonial-style hotel with antique furniture and aesthetic interiors. It is situated 2 km away from the Matheran Train Station and the Lord’s Point lookout is a 2-minutes-walk away.
3. Lords Central Hotel: The Lords Central Hotel is one of the lavish retreats where you can relax and rejuvenate and easily visit the famous tourist spots like the Alexander Points, Louisa Point and Irshalgad Fort which are all within walking distance from the hotel.
Planning A Trip To Igatpuri ! Then You Should Cehckout Igatpuri Tour Packages Now!
Which are the places to visit near Matheran during the honeymoon?
1. Lonavala: Lonavala is the perfect destination for honeymooning couples, packing a mixture of ample natural beauty with adventure activities to keep you occupied and entertained.
2. Karnala: Karnala is a serene hill station where you can experience the best of nature in the Western Ghats. You can visit the famous Karnala Fort, the local BIrd Sanctuary and go for memorable treks in the area with your partner.
3. Kamshet: Kamshet is a recreational paradise, offering activities like rock climbing, paragliding and much more. It is also home to iconic landmarks such as Pawna Lake and the Tikona Fort.
4. Alibaug: If you want to spend your honeymoon in the lap of luxury, few places compare to the beauty and peace offered by Alibaug. This coastal town offers the perfect retreat for couples who want to go for a short, luxurious honeymoon.
Sketching Out a Journey to Daman and Diu! Checkout Best Selling Daman and Diu Tour Packages Now!
Which are some of the best resorts in Matheran for couples?
1. Adamo The Resort: Adamo Resort is known for its picturesque location, its wonderful in-house restaurant, their warm hospitality and convenient amenities that make your honeymoon relaxing and convenient.
2. Radha Cottage Heritage Resort: The chic and cosy Radha Cottage Heritage Resort is another wonderful resort which is ideal for honeymooning couples. With a beautifully landscaped garden and spacious, comfortable rooms that come with all convenient amenities, this retreat promises one of the best stays for its esteemed guests.
3. Usha Ascot: Usha Ascot in Matheran is a plush and elegant retreat with a warm ambience and world-class hospitality. The resort is located on a hilltop, which enables you to enjoy panoramic views of the Matheran countryside right from your room.
4. The Forest Club Resort: The Forest Club Resort in Matheran is the perfect paradise for lovers. Nestled amidst the tranquillity of the blue mountain ranges, this modern, plush retreat offers the most comfortable rooms for you to spend your honeymoon in.
Vikatgad Peb Fort is located on the Matheran Hill Range, about 2,100 feet above sea level. It is a popular trekking spot for those seeking an adventurous trail. It is continuous to other forts of the Matheran Hill Range along with Malang Gad, Tauli Hill, and Chanderi Fort.Being close to the major cities of Pune and Mumbai, with a well-connected railway system, attracts trekkers from both the cities, mostly on weekends. Not much is known about the fort, and most of it is in ruins due to a supposed battle that took place in the 19th century.However, it was a storage for food grains and ammunition and was also visited by the British Captain Dickinson in 1818. The two entrances to the fort are in ruins. There are still traces of the idols of Lord Hanuman within its periphery. The approximate time required to visit all the palaces in the fort is 1 hour.