Kolad PackagesKolad tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Kolad holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Kolad vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Kolad tour packages put together an exciting combination of activities, attractions, and relaxation for different kinds of travelers that choose this destination to relax and unwind. This popular destination is a cornucopia of fun and excitement and these packages ensure that you choose what suits you best. Be it adrenaline-pumping activities or relaxing resorts or a combination of both; you can take your pick and enjoy one of the most exhilarating trips you can have.
The Kolad packages will ensure that everything from accommodation to transfers and meals to entertainment is included. Depending on the packages you choose you will be taken to the various attractions in Kolad which are part of the tour packages. Another added advantage is that you can customize your packages to Kolad according to your choice of attractions and activities.
You can also choose from a wide variety of packages that includes several adventure activities ranging from river rafting to river crossing to ziplining, kayaking, rappelling, rock climbing, trekking, and several other activities. The tour packages to Kolad also ensure that you get the best option for accommodation according to your liking. You can pick from exciting tent stays to luxury resorts for accommodation in Kolad. So opt for the package that suits you best and get ready for a vacation of a lifetime.
People Also Ask About Kolad Tours
What are the places to visit during the Kolad Tour?
1. Tahini Falls: Tamhini Falls, also known as Valse, is one of the places to visit during the Kolad trip. The falls are located in a dense forest in the midst of valleys. Visitors can enjoy visiting these beautiful falls and can also opt for a swim or simply play with the water of the fall. Visitors going to this place during monsoon also get to see various beautiful bird species. Also, during this time, the water force of the fall increases, and visitors feel delighted to see the gushing water.
Location - Kolad.
2. Ghosala Fort: Ghosala Fort is situated in the middle of Revdanda and the Salav Creeks in the form of a narrow strip. Visitors may wish to trek to this place. The fort, famous for its amazing architecture, has two temples and one dargah inside with two beautiful idols of Sharabh near the main gate. Visitors get lost in the history of the place when visiting this 16th-century fort and walking through the prisons, parapets, stores, and chambers of ancient times.
Location - Ghosala, Roha Hills, Kolad.
3. Kuda Caves: This place is said to have been built between the period of the 1st to 6th centuries. Built by the Buddhists, the place has a collection of 26 rock-cut caves which are wonderful places if one wants to trace the history of Buddhism. The entrance of each cave has beautiful sculptures of two elephants. Inside the caves, there are several paintings, intricate patterns, and inscriptions on the walls of the cave which mesmerize the visitors. The caves also have the stupas of Lord Buddha. Visitors love to visit this place during Kolad Trip.
Location - Janjira Hills , Raigad.
4. Taragarh Fort: Built-in 4th century by King Bhoja Raja, this fort is situated at a height of 1000ft above sea level in the middle of hilly terrains and forests and is a 20-meter wide narrow strip. The main gate has an idol of lord Veer Maruti. Once visitors reach the main gate, they need to take a short trek to the top of the fort. The trek takes around 45 mins. Owing to its height, the fort primarily acts as a viewpoint. Visitors get enthralled when they view the lush greenery along with the beautiful river Rajouri from this fort.
Location - Tala, Maharashtra.
5. Bhira Dam: Bhira Dam, also known as the Tata Power House dam was built by Tata Power Company in 1927. Kundalika River, which is famous for water rafting and other water sports, flows from this dam. This place is very picturesque and is ideal for a picnic. Visitors can also opt for a boat ride in the reservoir. Some visitors also opt for camping near this dam and visit the beautiful Devkund Waterfall nearby.
Location - Bhira, Maharashtra.
6. Kolad Museum: Kolad Museum, popularly known as the Kolad’s Kashta Shilpa, is a must-visit place during Kolar trip. The museum is popular for bamboo and wooden structures made by Ramesh Ghone. Some of his famous works include lamps and bas-relief carvings. Apart from these, the museum also has wood carvings of birds and human beings. Visitors, while on a visit to this place, can not only feast their eyes on the beautiful structures but can also opt to purchase a few as mementos.
Location - Rated, Maharashtra.
Timings - Every day from 9 am to 6 pm.
7. Sutarwadi Lake: Sutarwadi Lake, situated in the middle of the Sahyadri mountain range, is an ideal place for bird watching. The calm and serene lake is surrounded by lush green mountains that attract visitors who love to spend some peaceful time just enjoying the beauty of the place.
Location - Sahyadri mountain, Kolad.
What are the best things to do during Kolad Tour?
Kolad is an ideal place for several different kinds of adventurous activities owing to its location amongst the mountains. The beautiful fast flowing Kundalika river originating from the Sahyadris mountain adds to the fun with several options of water activities. Thrillophilia offers several fun-filled Kolad Tour Packages for visitors to choose from. Some of them are -
1. River Rafting: Kolad is famous for water sports and River Rafting is the most popular activity for Kolad Trip. Visitors feel their adrenaline shoot up while rafting down the cold gushing waters of river Kundalika for 12kms. The rafting is done through grade 2 and grade 3. The lush forest on both sides of the river adds to the beauty.
Location - Kolad.
Entry Fee/Price - Rs. 1200 per adult.
Timings: From 9 am in the morning. The duration of the rafting is 5 hours.
2. Bungee Jumping: Kolad Tour Packages include the fun activity of Bungee jumping when visitors let their bodies jump from 40 meters. There is a fixed platform above where people are fixed with a safety harness prior to the jump. Experts check for the bungee jumping cord, other equipment and procedures are in place before they allow the guest to jump.
There is a minimum age of 18 years and a 40 kg weight requirement for the jump. Those weighing above 110 kgs or are above the age of 50 are not allowed to partake in this daredevil adventure.
Location - Kolad.
Entry Fee/Price - Rs.2250 per adult.
Timings - The activity takes a full day.
3. Kayaking: Kayaking is a simple activity that all nature lovers, as well as adventure lovers, enjoy. A kayak is a small, narrow watercraft that is typically propelled using a double-bladed paddle. To indulge in kayaking, only a life jacket and a paddle are required. Experience instructors give instructions before the visitors embark on the journey as a part of Kolad Tour Packages.
There is a minimum age of 7 years and 35 kg weight requirement for kayaking. Those weighing above 110 kgs or are not allowed to partake in this journey through the serene, calm, and natural surroundings.
Location - Kolad.
Entry Fee/Price - Rs.350 per adult.
Timings - Anytime between 9 AM- 6 PM.
Activity Duration: 45 Minutes.
4. Riverside Camping: Kolad Tour Packages offer camping at the riverside for a night. Each group is provided with a private camping area where they can host their own camps. Staying in on a double sharing basis. Evenings are spent with fun activities around a campfire with a barbecue dinner.
Location - Kolad.
Entry Fee/Price - Rs.2,100 per adult.
Timings - Check-in is at 4 PM. Check out is at 11 AM on the next day.
5. Waterfall Rappelling: The waterfalls near the Kundalika river is ideal for waterfall rappelling during Kolad Trip. The downwards descent of 30 mins in the waterfall starts at the rocky edges where the body harness is attached to a rocky projection. It is ensured beforehand that the rock and the rope have sufficient strength to withhold any weight without difficulty.
Location - Kolad.
Entry Fee/Price - Rs.500 per adult.
Timings - 8 am.
Activity Duration - 30 mins.
What is Kolad famous for?Kolad is popular with nature lovers with scenic valleys, cascading waterfalls, and pictorial backgrounds. It is particularly famous for all-weather white water rafting. While the main activity of Kolad Trip is Rafting, there are other water adventures such as Boating, Kayaking, Bumper boat rides, river crossing, and Jet ski ride.
Other than water adventures, there are also other activities that visitors can enjoy such as Paragliding, parasailing, Night jungle trail, Campfire, Bungee jumping, a zipline adventure, and so on.Apart from the host of activities mentioned above, Kolad is also famous for its beautiful water falls, lakes and ancient forts. There are also several other places which draw the attraction of visitors such as Bhira Dam, Kolad Museum and Kuda caves.
How do I get to Kolad?
Kolad is 120 km from Mumbai.
- It can be reached by train in about two and a half hours.
- It can also be reached around the same time by taxi or private car via Thane. The journey is worth taking as the scenic view is breathtaking with mountains and greenery all through the way with waterfalls and lakes appearing every now and then.
- There are also state buses plying between the two places.
What are the best sites for camping in Kolad?
Some of the best camping sites at Kolad during Kolar trip are-
1. Kundalika Eco Adventure & Rafting Camp at Kolad is a magical place that is fun-filled with lots of entertainment. You can enjoy adrenaline-pumping rides from this site.
2. Kundalika Rafting Camp is a good choice for anyone looking for adventure activities in the company of nature. Arrangement for river rafting with multiple water activities is available here. There is an array of choices from tents, Cottages, and Dorms available.
3. Riverside Camping with Rafting site is located right at the bank of the river and offers personally hosted camping experience. The place offers rafting, paragliding, rock climbing, and rappelling. The camp offers a tent stay with attached toilets and other basic amenities. You can enjoy a couple of indoor as well as outdoor games. The evenings come to live with bonfire and music.
4. Farm Stay and Rafting offers comfortable stay as well as adventurous rafting experience. The campers are offered right from a grand healthy breakfast to tasty lunch and relishing dinner. There are facilities for BBQ, snacks and soft drinks too.
5. At Empower Camp, there are unlimited fun and exciting arrangements for rafting, rock climbing, rowing, and artificial wall climbing. There are a couple of sightseeing places like Bhira dam, Ghosala fort, Tamhini falls, Sutarwadi Lake Etc. near the camp.
Which are the best water sports to do in Kolad?
Kolad is rich in natural beauty and has a beautiful fast-flowing river, Kundalika. Being fast-flowing, this river is ideal for several kinds of water sports. All tourists during Kolar Trip come here especially for the attraction of world-class water sports.
1. River Rafting - Enjoy a few hours of river rafting experience with highly trained rafting guides. This is the most popular sport for which Kolad is famous for. It is a very safe experience for both freshers as well as experienced rafters as expert rafters accompany on this trip.
2. Kayaking – A kayak is a small, narrow watercraft that is typically propelled using a double-bladed paddle. It is an awesome experience for beginners as it requires just a kayak, a life jacket, and paddles. Before the journey, an expert will give instructions to make the trip successful.
3. River Crossing - An exciting journey from one side of the river to the other side. A great experience where you are harnessed to the safety rope with carabiner hooks to hold you firm and parallel with the rope.
Before going for a river crossing, it is essential to go for a safety session. On completion of the exciting journey from one side of the river to the other end, there will be instructors to receive you safely.
4. Jet Ski – This is the most popular adventure sport in Kolad. Jet Ski is a jet-powered water scooter with a powerful engine that travels over the rumbling water giving riders a thrilling experience. An expert usually accompanies those who are inexperienced on this ride.
5. Banana Boat Ride – Is an unpowered, inflatable boat that is towed in a small rivulet outing. Up to 6 riders can sit on the main tube which is usually yellow and banana-shaped.
6. Bumper Boat Ride - This is an adventurous water ride in which visitors ride in the river in a huge rubber tube filled with air. You will feel delighted as cool water from the Kundalika river will flash in your face.
Which are the best resorts in Kolad?1. Waterfront Resorts: This amazing nature resort has an amazing stretch of about 500 meters right in front of the river offering a magnificent view. If you wish to add a peaceful and serene place to stay to your Kolad holiday packages then this is the best choice for you.
2. Kamath Residency Resort: This is one of the best luxury resorts in Kolad where you can enjoy the magnificent views as well as enjoy a luxurious stay. The resort also organizes treks and other adventure activities which will definitely enhance the experience for your Kolad tour packages.
3. Gauche Resorts: Indulge in an amazing blend of nature and adventure in your Kolad trip packages. The resort organizes a wide range of adventure activities including water rafting, kayaking, bungee jumping, water sports, night treks and lots more.
4. Vinca Village Resort: If you like tent stays but do not want to compromise on luxuries while on vacation then this is just the place for you. The resort offers amazing luxury tents with facilities like ATV rides, campfire, barbecue and lots more to ensure you have the best Kolad holiday packages.
How many days are enough for Kolad?Two days are enough to explore the wonders that Kolad has to offer if you are looking for a short yet energizing trip. If you have more time then 3 days and 2 nights will be just right to truly enjoy each aspect of Kolad.
How to reach Kolad?Mumbai is the closest major city located 120 km away from Kolad. The best way to reach Kolad is by booking a cab or drive from any of the nearby cities. Kolad also has its own railway station which is very well connected to several major cities in Maharashtra and other places in the country.
Buses are also available from Mumbai to Ratnagiri which will go via Kolad.
When is the best time to visit Kolad?The best time to visit Kolad is during the monsoons between June to October. Monsoon is the best time to indulge in white water rafting and various water sports. While winter months are perfect for trekking, rock climbing, rappelling, sightseeing, and just enjoying the pleasant weather.
It is located on the River Kundalika and is popularly known as the Tata Powerhouse Dam. Apart from the fact that it helps to generate electricity for the local people of the village, the Bhira dam is quite popular amongst the adventure seekers too.You can also indulge into activities like water rafting as the flow of the river is pretty decent making you have the best experience. People also visit this place to do boating or just spending some time clicking photographs and enjoying the calming sound of water flowing.Location: Patnus Maharashtra, Kolad India.Timings: Rafting starts at 8:30 am.
Flowing from Sayahdri hills and originating from a small town known as Bhira, Kundalika river is extremely popular for river rafting. It is the fastest river in India making the rafting experience worthwhile. It has become one of the favorite places to visit in Kolad by tourists not just to participate in the rafting activity but also to relax amidst nature and flowing water.Location: Kolad, Maharashtra, India.Fees: Approximately Rs. 800 on weekdays and Rs. 1200 on weekends.
If you are a lover of arts and crafts, then Kolad Museum will prove to be one of the most amazing places to visit in Kolad. Here, you can spend time strolling around and admiring the sculptures of birds, humans, and different shapes that are beautifully carved out of bamboo and different kinds of woods. This place is also known as the Kolad's Kashta Shilpa and houses the work of the most talented Ramesh Ghone.Location: Ratwad, Maharashtra 402112.