- Enjoy Meemure Camping in Meemure Village that is surrounded by nature.
- This is a two day, one-night expedition. These Meemure camping packages for groups of one-two or three-seven members are all-inclusive.
- All the places included in this tour are scenic beauties like Denston area, Corbett gap (World’s end) and Sooriya Arana (Filming location in Sri Lanka) along with seven different waterfalls.
- The operator of this tour will provide all camping and trekking equipment.
- You will find bliss in exploring Meemure town, and its people, culture & lifestyle.
- Taking a dip in the waterfalls is a refreshing experience amidst the pea green forests.
- Spend the night revisiting all the wonders of the day as you sit in front of a bonfire and relish a barbeque meal.
- Hiking is a part of this activity where you will climb to the top of the Knuckles Mountain ranges.
- The cost of all the meals is included in this package.
- Pick up and drop facility from Kandy is optional; you can opt for it for comfort.
- You will be brought back to the campsite for all meals- breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- You do not have to pay any additional charges for the entrance fees wherever applicable.
- Experience this marvel of nature along with professional trekkers.
- There is an availability of first aid. Insurance is not covered on this trip.
- The 2-day itinerary of the meemure camping will be:
Meet Up Location:
Hunnasgiriya Bus point, Meemure Village
Note: Transfers services to/from Kandy is Optional.
- Nuwara Eliya
Yala National Park Camping
The spectacular terrains provide fascinating visuals through dense to scrub vegetation, rocky pools, spectacular ravines, fresh water lakes with snaking coastline along with sight on endemic mammals like Asian elephant, leopard, black bear, crocodiles, grey languor and many others. It’s a paradise for birdwatchers with the presence of paradise flycatchers, Ceylon Shamas etc.
Location: Thalgasmankada, Sri Lanka
Highlights: Sri Lankan Leopard which is present in Block 1, in a density of one leopard per square kilometre.
Things to Know: Presence of person of wildlife department is mandatory within the park
Price: Approximate price starts from 4500-6000 LKR for foreigners
Camping in Kitugala Forest Reserve
Wake up with the melodious chirping of birds all around at the Rainforest Camping in the Kitugala Forest Reserve. The camping in the forest reserve of Kitugala is an experience in itself and will let you have a blend of both adventure and leisure at the same time.
Be close to the trails of nature and try out the all the adventure activities such as Jungle walks, Adventurous stream jumps, Mountain Biking and River Trips.All the meals are served to you at your comfort and a barbeque dinner is not to be missed.
Location: The camping base is approximately 2hrs 30 minutes’ drive from Colombo.
Best Time: Between February to April.
Price: Approximate price starts from 290 USD for two days and one night.
Knuckles Mountain Range Camping
The Mountain range also proves to be a great site for hiking and trekking which makes the place all the more popular. One can also meet up close with the inhabitants of the small quaint villages and get to know more about their lifestyle here.
Highlights: Tea Plantations, Paddy Fields and Cascading Waterfalls
Location: Central Sri Lanka close to Kandy
Best Season: December to February & March to May
Udawalawe National Park Camping
Apart from elephants the park holds various other types of wild animals Monitor lizards, Sambar deer, Wild boar, Common Langurs, Jackals, Toddy cats and many others along with almost 183 species of birds.Along with visual treat of wild animals there also stretched greenery, bushy lands and the sight of the Ulgala peak visible from the western side of the park.
Highlights: Jeep Tour in the jungle
Location: Monaragala, Uva Province, Sri Lanka
Best Season: Throughout the year
Price: jeep+enterace fee= 9000-13000
- Nuwara Eliya
Wilpattu National Park Camping
Filming and photographing the dangerous animals and experiencing the beautiful scenic ambience are some of the greatest pastimes in the national park.
One of the rarest species is the sloth bear which is believed to be left only 1000 all over world are found enough in this park. The park has special fleets that operate between Colombo Wilpattu and other nearby cities to accommodate the visitors.
Highlights: Jeep Tour in the jungle
Location: Puttalam, Sri Lanka
Best Season: February and October
Things to Know: Since the park is filled with endangered animals, it is advisable to have a guide from wildlife department along.
Price: 4285LKR approx for foreigners
Vaddha Village Camping
They believe they are the descendants of them. A camping in this place can turn out to be a pretty interesting experience as one can meet the people of this clan up close and know more about their living styles and their culture
Highlights: One can relish the peaceful ambience, relish their wonderful cuisine if interested and learn more about the history of the area.
Location: Uva Province, Sri Lanka