Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Colombo
Yala, in Sri Lanka, constitutes of a peaceful village
settlement and strong artistic composition. Come to Yala to witness the
countryside attractions and understand the rituals, beliefs and cultural
elements of the local citizens of southern Sri Lanka. Don't miss the
opportunity of experiencing padding across the narrow lanes passing through
About the Activity:
With the overnight camping tour in Yala, you get to experience the eye-pleasing composition of wildlife. The scenic beauty consisting of the lakes, brackish lagoons and jungles along with the most distinguished population of leopards in the world is worth to be explored.
With the package, you are entitled to gather comfortable accommodation in the campsite. You shall also be able to grab delicious three-course meals with drinks to enhance your experience. You shall be assisted with the service of qualified naturalist/game ranger who would support you throughout the trip. The package is inclusive of all park entry fees and free transportation to your next destination.
Starting/Ending Point: The package provides a comfortable pick-up and drop-off facility to and from your hotel in Colombo/ Negombo/ Galle/ Nuwara Eliya/ Ella/ Mirissa.
Note: Minimum 2 persons are required to book this package.
07:30: You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Yala.
12:30: Upon arrival at Palatupana, you will be met by Leopard Nest jeep and taken you to the campsite.
13:00: We will welcome you to the campsite and give a short introduction about the campsite before the check-in to one of the available Nest / Tent. You will have some time to refresh before lunch.
13:30: Enjoy your lunch at the campsite.
14:30: Leave the campsite for an exciting afternoon game drive at Yala National Park with one of the naturalists in the campsite.
18:30: Arrive back at the Campsite and enjoy your private shower followed by drinks and appetizers around the campfire.
20:00: Dinner will be served at one of many locations available through the camp. Dine under the stars for an unforgettable evening meal in the jungle experience.
22:30: Get back to your nest and spend a comfortable overnight in the middle of a jungle.
05:00: Wake up around 5:00 am to freshly brewed Ceylon tea or coffee. Start to trek through thick bushes with pathway access to a wonderful lake which offers breath-taking views and bird watching opportunities. If you are fortunate enough, you will encounter wildlife like elephants; Deers; palm squirrels; wild boars; etc. Also, you will confront both endemic and migratory birds; butterflies and lizards and land monitors slithering around the lake. Enjoy breakfast at a private location by a lake whilst listening to the singing of birds and feeling the fresh breeze.
10:00: Return from the nature trail and check-into the campsite to refresh your souls before leave.
11:00: Check out from the campsite. You will be taken back to your selected hotel in southern beach or Colombo, Negombo, Ella, Nuwara Eliya and Kandy.
Write Your Story
The average cost of a Yala camping package including guided game drive, accommodation and food are INR 21,500 per adult. This may vary depending on the number of stay nights and other inclusions based on individual packages.
The average cost for basic Yala tented lodge accommodation for a night is INR 13000 which is included in this package.
Yala is famous for its Yala National Park which is teeming with all kinds of wildlife from the majestic Asian elephants to the more elusive leopards and herds of wild buffaloes and deer. There are many popular things to see and do in Yala such as:
- Jeep safari in the Yala National Park
- Tented luxury safari camping
- Fishing tours with local fishermen
- Bird watching in Bundala National Park
- Village tours by foot or on cycle
- A trip to a 1000-year-old rock-cut Buddha statue at the Buduruwagala Temple
- Visit the 2200-year-old temple and ancient rock monasteries of Sithulpawwa.
- A visit to the sacred city of Kataragama.
- A visit to the magnificent Asokaramaya Buddhist Temple is located in Kalutara.
- A visit to the sacred shrine of Kalutara Bodhiya famous for its beautiful paintings.
Yala National Park can be accessed from Colombo by air, rail and road networks.
Air Journey: The fastest way would be to travel by air from Colombo to Hambantota-Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport which is a flight time of 45 Mins and then an hour of the onward journey to Yala by road.
Train Journey: The train journey involves traveling from Colombo to Haputale and then continuing by road onwards to Yala and takes a total of an average of 11 hours to complete.
Bus Journey: It is an 8-hour journey by bus to Kataragama and then a 30-minute drive to Yala National Park for people preferring to travel by bus. The convenient option would be to hire a cab and drive down to Yala.
The exciting Yala camping package includes :
- A convenient pick-up and drop-off facility to and from your hotel in Colombo/ Negombo/ Galle/ Nuwara Eliya/ Ella/ Mirissa.
- A delicious three-course meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with drinks to enhance your experience along with fruit juices, soft drinks, wine, and beer.
- Luxurious accommodation in the Yala tented lodge.
- Nature trail to a scenic lake with beautiful birds and grazing animals to spot.
- Exciting afternoon game drive at Yala National Park with one of the naturalists of the campsite in a customized safari game viewing vehicle.
The average cost for a basic tented lodge Yala for a night is INR 13000. There are many variants of Yala camping packages broadly depending on the duration of the stay, the grade of accommodation and the number of times you are taken on a safari.
- The average cost for a basic tented lodge Yala for a night is INR 13000.
- The average cost for a 2 days-1 night package given by Thrillophilia, which includes to and fro hotel pick up and drop from your hotel in Colombo/ Negombo/ Galle/ Nuwara Eliya/ Ella/ Mirissa, all meals and beverages, luxury tented accommodation and game drive usually costs around INR 21,500.
There are many couple friendly Yala tented lodge accommodation options available.
Some of them are :
- Leopard Trails
- Kulus Safaris
- Wild Eco Safari
- Camp Leopard
There are many tented lodges in Yala suitable for families. Some of them are :
- Big Game Camp Yala
- Leopard Trails
- Luhnu Safari Camping
- Elephant Lake Yala
- Jetwing Safari Camping
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.