Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Anuradhapura
Visit one of the largest and oldest National Parks in Sri Lanka- Wilpattu National which is very much popular and world-renowned for its leopard population. This adventure and the fun-filled tour includes breakfast, picnic lunch, and round transportation.
About the tour:
-You will be picked up from your hotel at 5:45 am and drive to Wilpattu national park by customized game viewing vehicle.
-As you reach there, your safari will begin at 6:30 am. A safari in Wilpattu is very different from any of the other major national parks. The unique feature of this park is the existence of Willis (Natural lakes) - Natural, which gives Wilpattu a wonderful, and genuine, wilderness feeling.
-Around 12:30 pm, picnic lunch will be served.
-After having lunch, now it's time to explore the afternoon adventure of the national park. Here you can also find huge swathes of dense, dry country woodland, masses of birds and, with a little luck, an impressive array of wildlife including leopards, sloth bears, spotted deer, wild pigs, and crocodiles. Whilst enjoying the game drive, you will be able to have a light breakfast and refreshments.
-As the safari concludes, you will be taken back to your hotel in Anuradhapura.
Timings: 5:30 am - 6:00 pm
Duration:10 - 12 Hours
Starting/Ending Point: Your Hotel from Anuradhapura.
-Minimum 2 people are required to book this tour.
-Maximum 6 people are required to book this tour.
-Children of age 5 years and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
-All children must be accompanied by an adult.
05:45 am: You will be picked up from your hotel by game viewing vehicle.
06:30 am: Your safari will be started.
12:30 pm: Picnic lunch will be served at a nice location
02:30 pm: Drive to explore the afternoon adventure of the national park.
06:00 pm: Back to your hotel.
Write Your Story
To engage in nature exploring the soul with wilpattu safari. It is a Full Day game drive with absolute fun. Wilpattu Safari cost will be based on the number of people.
2 Pax- INR 6700 Per Adult,
3 Pax- INR 6100 Per Adult,
4-6 Pax- INR 5700 per Adult.
Pick and Drop for only Anuradhapura area hotels. The Time duration for The drive is 10-12 hours. And others include jeep fees, park entrance fees, complimentary refreshment pack when the safari time and all taxes. The picnic meal ( Breakfast & Lunch) is also included. Well Trained Ranger will be guiding the entire trip. English Speak Drivers.
There are 7 places we can go on a safari ride in Sri Lanka. Each Place gives beautiful memories and the best experience.
1. Wasgamuwa National Park
Wasgamuwa National park is simply called elephant dominant park. And apart from the elephant we can also spot purple-faced langur, golden palm civet, mugger crocodile, red-faced malkoha and various bird species. The approximate safari ride price will start from LKR 2700.
2. Udawalawe National Park
It is specially to preserve animals affected by the developments around the Udawalawe reservoir. We can also spot water buffalo, wild boar, chital, deer, Indian hare, mongoose, foxes, bandicoots, grey langers, jackal. The approximate Safari ride price will start from LKR 2300.
3. Yala Safari Camping
One of the thickest forest and grassland rides. We can spot 44 species of wild mammals and animals like Sloth bear, leopards, sri lankan elephants and wild water buffalo. The approximate Safari ride price will start from LKR 2000.
4. Kaudulla National Park
Jeep Safari It will give the experience of chance to cross paths with many wildlife species of Sri Lanka. Almost 24 species of mammals in Sri Lanka have been reported from here and Kaudulla National Park is Elephant's dominant place with roughly 350 elephants.
5. Gal Oya National Park
Gal Oya National Park is the largest reservoir in Sri Lanka, Senanayake Samudraya and it was established in 1954. Also Gal Oya National park is a rich reserve for Elephants.
6. Minneriya National Park
Safari Minneriya National park is One of the largest wild Asian Elephant gathering area.The safari through the grassland and along the lakes with breathtaking views of the national park is a humbling experience. Also we can spot Leopards, Sloth Bear, Spotted Deer, Sambar Deer, Wild Buffalo, Wild Pig, Grey Langers, Purple-faced Leaf Monkey, three species of Mongoose, Porcupine and Indian Pangolin and 170 species of birds. The approximate Safari ride price will start from LKR 5400.
7. Bundala National Park
Bundala National Park is a winter resort for the migratory water birds from around the world. It was designated as a biosphere reserve by UNESCO, which made it the fourth biosphere reserve in Sri Lanka. We can also spot elephants, whistling duck,Indian cormorant, large water birds, grey heron, black-headed ibis, Eurasian spoonbill, Asian openbill, painted stork, Black-necked stork, leopards, wild boar. The approximate Safari ride price will start from LKR 3900.
Colombo is approximately 188KM away from the Wilpattu Safari Camp.There are five ways to start your journey to Colombo.
1. Usually the train journey gives the most beautiful memories, there are two train routes to reach Colombo. First train route is from Anuradhapura to Colombo. For Wilpattu Safari Camp to Anuradhapura the taxi service will be available (approximately 40KM). The taxi service cost approximately around Rs.2000 to Rs.2500. The train journey starts from Anuradhapura station then travels into scenic places like Talawa - Tambuttegama- Galgamuwa-Ambanpola-Maho - Kurunegala - Rambukkana. The travel time duration for the Anuradhapura to Colombo by train is approximately around 4.30 Hours depending on the Train Service.
2. Second train route is from Puttalam to Colombo. For Wilpattu Safari Camp to Puttalam the Taxi service will be available (approximately 53KM). Which gives you the most beautiful view of gulf of mannar.The taxi costs approximately around Rs.2000 to Rs.2500. The train journey starts from puttalam then travels into Kaladiya - Madurankuli- Wennappuwa. And the travel time duration for the Puttalam to Colombo by train is approximately around 5 Hours depending on the Train Service.
3. Direct taxi service is available from Wilpattu Safari Camp entrance to Colombo. There are two route usually followed, the fastest route is Puttalam road travel, via Puttalam - Kalladiya-Madurankuli-Chilaw-Wennappuwa-Dankotuwa-Negombo, The time duration for this route is approximately 3.40 Hours(Approx.188KM). The second route is via Ottapuwa - Andarawewa - Ambanpola - Maho- Kurunegala-Giriulla- Kalugamuwa . and the time duration for this route is approximately 4.20 Hours(Approx. 205KM).The cost for both route is approximately around Rs.7000 to Rs.7500.
4. If your own transport is available the best and fastest route is travel via ( Puttalam - Kalladiya-Madurankuli-Chilaw-Wennappuwa-Dankotuwa-Negombo) and the time duration for this route is approximately 3.40 Hours. The fuel costs only around Rs.1200 to Rs.1700 ( Based on the Car mileage). This route Most scenic and beautiful view of Gulf of mannar .
5. There is also another option, Domestic flights are available from Sigiriya to Colombo. Taxi service will be available from Wilpattu Safari Camp Entrance to Sigiriya (approximately 102KM), The time Duration for this trip is approximately 3 Hours. That costs approximately around Rs.18000 to Rs.35000 ( Based on the day).
There are many Authorised Tour agencies available to book Wilpattu Safari Camp . The Direct booking also available, the Forest booking office available in front of the Wilpattu Safari Camp Entrance.
In Direct way, be prepared for the crowd because some day there will be full demand. Be there before 1 Hour. The best way to book a Wilpattu Safari tour is from the Thrillophilia website online with best price.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.