Chennai to Sri Lanka Cruise Routes
The distance from Chennai to Trincomalee of 271 nautical miles can be covered in around 10 hours. During the journey in the high seas, 10 hours on each side, guests can enjoy activities onboard the ship. Guests who are on a lookout for a relaxing vacation can lay at the pool side or take a plunge in the swimming pool.
Some may also opt for going for a spa or a salon treatment. For the fitness enthusiasts, there are fitness activities such as yoga, nutrition consultation and so on. During the evening, guests can go for the Broadway shows, stand-up comedy shows or try their luck at the Casino. There is also DJ music for those wishing to hit the dance floor.
After reaching Trincomalee early morning on the next day, guests can go for shore excursions of this place after their breakfast. The cruise ship will be shored here for 10 hours from 6 am in the morning till 4 pm in the evening. After the shore excursions, the return journey to Chennai starts in the evening. The cruise ship reaches Chennai the next day in the early morning.
Next on Day 3, the cruise reaches Trincomalee on, the main center of Tamil culture, at the northeastern coast of Sri Lanka. Guests can go ashore to visit the city. The 4th day is to be spent admiring the breathtaking sea view and enjoying facilities of the cruise ship. Go for a splash in the swimming pool or lounge around the pool with a drink - spending some time relaxing on the deck.
The next destination Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, is reached on Day 5. You can opt to go for a full day excursion to the city of Galle and its fortification. Spend day 6 in the lap of luxury enjoying onboard activities such as spending time with your group at Discoverer Lounge Bar or pampering yourself at the beauty saloon.
Next destination is Kochi in Kerala, India which you reach on Day 7. An optional place to visit is the backwaters of Kerala. Take it easy on Day 8 when you are once more in the sea. Spend some time at the Fitness Center. Try out some mouthwatering dishes at the Grill Restaurant around the pool.
On Day 9, reach the popular tourist destination, Goa, which was the former capital of Portugese India. Take the optional tour of Goa in the morning. From Goa, the next destination reached on Day 10 is Mumbai, where one takes the option of a panoramic tour in the afternoon.
The last destination on this route on day 11 is Elephanta Island, city of caves. After an optional visit to the caves, the cruise trip will come to an end in the afternoon.
Chennai to Sri Lanka Cruise Operators
The Chennai to Sri Lanka by cruise is an amazing travel experience for all age groups with its sea journey with breathtaking views and high sea activities such as Broadway musical shows, dance performance, stand-up comedy, DJ Nights and multi-cuisine restaurants. There are a host of facilities for the guests such as swimming pools, shopping, spa, fitness centers and so on.
Trincomalee, a beautiful port city on the northeast coast of Sri Lanka, is covered in the 2 nights 3 days Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise. The Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise starts from Chennai at 8 pm and reaches Trincomalee on day 2 at 6 am. After the guests have completed their sightseeing on the shore, the cruise again starts from Trincomalee at 4 pm on day 2 and reaches back to Chennai on the morning of Day 3.
- Starting Point: Chennai is the starting point of the Jalesh cruise ship from Chennai to Sri Lanka and back. Guests are to board the cruise ship from noon onwards till evening 6 pm. Once onboard, they can go around the ship and sit with a relaxing drink at the pool deck to watch the cruise set sail from Chennai port at 8 pm.
- Ending Point: After cruising for 2 days and 2 nights, the cruise ship from Chennai to Sri lanka comes back to the Chennai port on the third day morning. The guests are served with breakfast after which they can proceed to disembark from the ship at around 11 am.
Duration: The Jalesh cruise ship from Chennai to Sri Lanka is for a duration of 2 nights and 3 days. The cruise starts on the first day at noon after which the guests can board the ship and the cruise ends on the third day morning when guests can disembark after breakfast.
Price: There are three categories of rooms on the cruise ship Karnika. The Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise price are as follows:
- Standard Rooms - (Inside Rooms) - Rs. 51,450 per room for 2 adults.
- Deluxe Rooms - (Ocean View Cabins) - Rs. 58, 380n per room for 2 adults.
- Premium Rooms - (Balcony Cabins) - Rs.73, 500 per room for 2 adults.
All above Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise price are inclusive of GST of 5%.
Timings: Guests of cruise ship from Chennai to Sri Lanka can board the ship between 12 noon to 6 pm. The cruise departs from Chennai port at 8 pm. Guests can disembark from the cruise ship on the third day after their breakfast at 11am.
- Jalesh Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise has several facilities for their guests.
- For entertainments of the guests, there are events such as Broadway musicals, movies, dance performances and stand-up comedy shows.
- There is also a Casino for those who love to play games.
- For relaxation, there is a spa with several therapy options such as body therapy, acupuncture, anti-aging treatment and so on.
- The swimming pool on board invites its guests for a cool dip.
- For beauty treatment, there is a solon with expert stylists.
- Fitness lovers would love to join yoga, boxing, personal training, consultation and classes.
- The Karnika cruise ship also has some stores onboard for shopping lovers.
- For kids of different age groups there are enjoyable activities.
Amenities: Jalesh Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise ship has high quality rooms for their guests such as inside rooms, cabins with ocean view and also cabins with their own balconies. There are also interconnecting rooms for bigger groups. Each of the air conditioned rooms comes with amenities which includes TV, security box, refrigerator, complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, etc.
The cruise also has specially designed rooms for senior citizens and differently-abled people. Other amenities available for the guests are a variety of cuisine on offer such as Indian, Thai, Korean, japanese, Mongolian and Malay. There are several bars on board serving tea, coffee and other drinks. There is a medical facility with registered doctors and nurses available for any guest feeling unwell.
Start your 11 day vacation from the city of Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu. Visit Mahabalipuram next and proceed to Trincomalee situated in the north eastern coast of Sri Lanka. Spend a day enjoying the luxury amidst the sea and then reach Colombo, Sri Lanka. Next visit Kochi, India after spending another day in the luxury cruise ship. Reach Goa after sailing for a full day and finally visit Elephanta Island and reach Mumbai. During this trip, three UNESCO world heritage sites will be covered - sites of Mahabalipuram, churches and convents of Goa, and Victoria Neo-Gothic ensembles of Elephanta. The cruise will also sail through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Starting Point: The cruise ship from Chennai to Sri Lanka will start from Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu. Guests would be welcome to board the ship at 8 am in the morning. They will be served with a welcome cocktail and be introduced to the crew.
- Ending Point: At the end of Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise for 11 days, the last stop will be Elephanta Island. Post visit to this Island, the cruise will reach Mumbai, the final destination point. Guests will be served lunch after which they will disembark from the ship.
Duration: The duration of the Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise is for 11 days. The journey will start at Chennai port in the early morning at 8 am and will end after 11 days at Mumbai at 2 pm after lunch.
Timings: The cruise will start at 8 am in the morning on the first day from Chennai and end at 2 pm in the afternoon on the 11th day in Mumbai.
- The Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise provides several facilities keeping in mind the entertainment and relaxation of the guests.
- A refreshing outdoor pool on board helps guests to cool off in the warm weather.
- There is a Pool Bar where guests can socialize and lounge.
- The Grill Restaurant around the swimming pool serves delicious food.
- For a relaxing chat, guests can visit the Discoverer Lounge Bar where unlimited tea and coffee is served.
- For the fitness conscious guests, there is a fitness center with the latest fitness equipment.
- A Beauty Salon on board provides manicure, pedicure and massage service.
- The restaurant onboard provides buffet lunch and breakfast.
- Musical performances are arranged in the evenings after dinner at Explorer Lounge and Bar.
Amenities: The cruise ship MV La Belle des Oceans which will take the guests on Chennai to Sri Lanka cruise has 64 cabins with independent air conditioning. Each cabin has an attached marbled bathroom with walk-in showers. The rooms have a fitted wardrobe with personal safe, writing desk and storage draws.
To make the journey comfortable for the guests, each room has a flat-screen tv, radio alarm clock with iPod docking station, refrigerator, and hair dryer. Each room has a telephone for internal calls and is fitted with 110-volts outlet for charging mobiles, laptops etc. Every room also comes with unlimited standard WiFi connection.
Essential Information About Chennai to Sri Lanka Cruise
What To Expect On Board During India To Sri Lanka Cruise?
- All air conditioned cabins of the cruise ship have basic amenities such as TV, hair dryer, refrigerator, Wifi connection and so on.
- For relaxation of guests, cruise ships have outdoor pools for the guests to take a dip to cool off.
- Some cruise ships also come with spa and sauna facilities.
- To take care of the fitness of the guests, Fitness Centers have been provided.
- For beauty care, there is beauty parlour on board.
- The restaurants on the cruise serve delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner to the guests.
- Musical shows, Dancing, Stand-up comedy etc are arranged in the evening for the guests.
What Should You Pack For Chennai To Sri Lanka Cruise
- Swimwear will be a must if you plan to swim on board.
- Although most cruises will provide complimentary toiletries, it is a good idea to bring some of your own.
- A sunscreen lotion is a must for protecting skin from sun rays. You may bring a head cover as well.
- Our footwear should be comfortable walking shoes which may be needed during on shore excursions.
- Do not forget your camera and also chargers for mobile, laptops and camera.
Do's And Dont's Of Cruise?
- Do try to get a room with a balcony to enjoy the sea view.
- Do carry sunscreen to protect your skin from the hot glare of the sun.
- Do carry a camera for taking pictures along with chargers and batteries.
- Do thank the staff for the service you receive.
- Do carry your credit card for any onboard purchases.
- Don't be rude to the staff.
- Don't overeat or drink too much onboard. You may suffer from sea sickness.
- Don't skip on the shore excursions. It is a part of the fun of the vacation.
- Don't smoke in the non smoking areas of the ship.