1. Cinnamon Grand Colombo: One of the most sought-after Sri Lanka resorts for both business trips and family vacations, Cinnamon Grand Colombo offers exquisitely designed rooms hat are known for their comfort value. Apart from its luxe lodging, the resort offers multiple bars, diners and lounges that deliver multi cuisine delights throughout the day.
The conference halls and meeting spaces at the resort are ideal for business purposes. Added amenities here include an outdoor swimming pool, a fully-equipped spa complex and a mini shopping mall.
Location: 77 Galle Rd, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, sauna, spa, gym, steam room, shopping mall, business centre
2. Mount Lavinia Colombo: With its inception stretching back to the 19th century, Mount Lavinia Colombo is among the oldest of Sri Lanka resorts. The premium colonial hotel is well known for its old school charm and the grandeur of its ambience.
The resort offers more than two hundred well furnished and spacious rooms, with some units featuring views to the sea. The eclectic dining options here include a main colonial themed restaurant, a private beachside diner, a poolside lounge and a terrace restaurant. Other luxury amenities here include a salon and an outdoor pool.
Location: 100 Hotel Rd, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lank
Amenities: Private pool, spa, salon, cafe, fitness centre
3. Ranveli Beach Resort: Looking out toward the enchanting Laccadive Sea, Ranveli Beach is one of the best beach resorts in Sri Lanka. Guests at the resort can choose between an array of AC and non-AC rooms, with each room fitted with all modern amenities. The spacious outdoor restaurant and bar is known for its well-prepared delights. A business centre and outdoor pool add to the experience here.
Location: No 56/9 De Saram Rd, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia 10370, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Outdoor pool, business centre, private beach access, free Wi-Fi service
4. Taj Samudra: Nestled amidst luxurious gardens by the Laccadive Sea, Taj Samudra is among the most enchanting resorts in Sri Lanka. The sophisticated and well-equipped rooms at the resort are fitted with all necessary amenities, with each room featuring divine views of the city or the sea.
Dining options at this 5-star accommodation includes a Chinese, Indian and Japanese restaurant, along with a lounge and bar. Added facilities at Taj Samudra include an outdoor pool, a tennis court and a business centre.
Location: No 25 Galle Face Center Rd, Colombo 80000, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Outdoor pool, hot tub, spa. Fitness centre, business centre
5. Maya Residence, Kandy: Perched atop a hill overlooking Kandy, this charming villa offers a much-needed getaway from the busy city life. Among the homeliest of Sri Lanka resorts, Maya Residence offers spacious and well-equipped rooms that are fitted with all necessary amenities.
Dining options at the resort includes an on-site diner offering continental, Asian and Indian delicacies. The resort also organizes special activities, such as cooking classes, walking tours, themed dinners and hikes.
Location: 77/5, Sri Dhamma Siddhi Mawatha, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
Amenities: BBQ facilities, picnic area, library, darts, sun deck, indoor games room
6. Sigiriya Resort by Thilanka: Nestled amidst beautiful paddy fields, Sigiriana is a luxury haven in the midst of a natural paradise. One of the most opulent resorts in Sri Lanka, the rooms at Sigiriya offers an ideal blend of luxury and comfort. All rooms are fitted with world-class amenities, featuring views of the resort garden or the surrounding orchards.
Multiple restaurants and bars at the resort promise to deliver the best of Sri Lankan cuisine to its guests. Private romantic dining is offered here as well. The resort also organizes plantation tours and nature walks on request.
Location: 51 Godawalaya Morragollawa, Dambulla 21100, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, tennis court, cricket grounds, volleyball, spa, yoga classes
7. Hilton Colombo: Among the most celebrated resorts in Sri Lanka, Hilton Colombo prides in its luxury accommodation and facilities. The deluxe guest rooms and residences here are known for their spacious hospitality. Each room is fitted with luxe facilities and fantastic views of the surrounding. Upgraded rooms feature access to a private lounge.
The several diners, bars and cafes here promise a gastronomic adventure to all those coming here. Added facilities include a swimming pool, a salon and a shopping mall.
Location: 2 Sir Chittampalam A Gardiner Mawatha, 00200, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, kids pool, salon, shopping mall, gift shop, kids club, spa, fitness center
8. Casa Colombo: Located in one of the most happening areas of Colombo, Casa Colombo is a popular choice among tourists. The upscale 5 star resort features well-furnished and spacious rooms ideal for family stay. Each room is fitted with world-class amenities, and has private balconies or terraces of their own.
Dining at the resort includes an in house restaurant, a bar and a lounge area. A private gym and an outdoor swimming pool are available as well. The resort also offers a golf course and a library.
Location: 231 Galle Road - 04, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, private gym, library, night club, golf course
9. Earl's Regency, Kandy: Located in the heart of the cultural capital, this high-end colonial resort is among the best heritage resorts in Sri Lanka. With its elegantly designed luxury rooms, the resort promises a stay fit for kings. The eclectic diners and bars at the resort offer a variety of multi cuisine delights, promising a culinary treat to all those who come here.
The child friendly faculties at the resort, such as a special children's menu and a children's pool, makes it one of the most popular Sri Lanka resorts among families.
Location: Tennekumbura, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, playground, spa, tennis court
10. Cinnamon Citadel, Kandy: Surrounded by sweeping green hills, Cinnamon Citadel offers a picturesque stay in the very heart of Kandy. The upscale and elegant rooms at the resort are built with an eye for comfort.
The multiple dining destinations here are known both for their well-cooked wares and the scenic views they offer of the surroundings. The resort also organizes city tours and hikes on request.
Location: Srimath Kudarathwatta Mawatha, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, fitness centre, gardens, barbecue facilities
11. Amaya Langdala Nuwara Eliya: Among the most upscale resorts in Sri Lanka, Amaya Langdale offers an idyllic refuge in the heart of the blue mountains. Guests at the resort can choose between Premium and Deluxe rooms. Each room is designed to reflect the country’s colonial charm, which blends seamlessly with the modern amenities.
Select rooms feature views of the mountain. An array of luxury experiences awaits guests here, including but not limited to hikes, excursions, high tea and plantation tours. The resort also offers special romantic packages, making it one of the more popular Sri Lanka resorts among holidaying couples.
Location: 01, Radella, Nanuoya 22200, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Outdoor swimming pool, sports court, spa, indoor games, gardens
12. Jetwing St. Andrews, Nuwara Eliya: Nestled within a restored Georgian country mansion, the hill-house charm of Jetwing St. Andrews is quite unparalleled. Among the most highly esteemed resorts in Sri Lanka, this colonial styled facility features upscale rooms and suites that are ideal for family as well as romantic stays.
Several diners line the place, while barbecues and high tea facilities are available as well.
Location: No. 10, St. Andrew’s Road, Nuwara Eliya 22200, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Snooker room, bike rentals, high tea, tea factory tour, frog watching tour
13. The Waterfall Resort, Nuwara Eliya: Surrounded by rolling green mountains, the Waterfall Resort is a complex of elegantly designed cottages that beckons the nature lover in you. Set on stilts, these simply furnished cottages are equipped with sleeping lofts, a living area and terraces commanding uninterrupted views of the green hills and valleys.
The romantic setting of the villas makes it one of the best resorts in Sri Lanka for romantic vacations. A simple restaurant, known for its wholesome wares is available as well.
Location: The Waterfall Resort, Devon Estate, Nuwara Eliya Road, Talawakelle, 22100, Sri Lanka
Amenities: In-house restaurant, breakfast services, business centre, free parking
14. Lavanga Resort and Spa: One of the most popular budget resorts in Sri Lanka, Lavanga promises a luxury stay at pocket friendly rates. The modest but well furnished rooms and suites at the resort are all fitted with modern amenities and are well suited to families as well.
Dining options here include a main restaurant, along with some bars, a pastry shop and an ice cream shop. The resort also features a watersports facility of its own, making it one of the best Sri Lanka resorts for water adventures.
Location: Galle Rd, Hikkaduwa 80240, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Swimming pool, kid’s play centre, water sports centre, yoga classes, fitness centre, gift shop, beachside library and mini cinema
15. Citrus Hikkaduwa: Overlooking the Laccadive sea, this relaxed hotel offers some of the best beach views in Sri Lanka. The modern, well designed rooms at the resort are all equipped with private balconies of their own, with some rooms featuring views to the sea.
Dining options at Citrus include a special seafood restaurant and an open air restaurant cum bar.
Location: 400 Galle Rd, Hikkaduwa 80240, Sri Lanka
Amenities: Outdoor swimming pool, spa, wedding banquets