Har Ki Dun Trek Highlights
- Known as Valley Of Gods, the trek route is believed to be taken by Pandavas in The Mahabharat.
- Visiting a 1000 year old village and get fascinated by the interior of the houses. People their still live with the years old culture.
- Experince the oldest trek route of the Himalayas and witness the Beautiful ancient culture, mountain views, forests, grasslands, meadows, rivers, streams and even an alpine lake.
- Witness the beauty of the dense alpine forest of Govind Pashu Vihar Sanctuary.
- Get a chance to know about Swargarohini Peak I,II,III,IV -bears bequest of the mythical stairway to heaven which was followed by Pandavas. The stories from the treak leader while blow your mind.
Har Ki Dun Trek Overview
About Har Ki Doon Trek -
Nestled cozily on the hinges of the Gharwal Himalayas, Har ki dun trek is one of the most popular treks among a lot of trekkers and nature enthusiasts. This exhilarating trek is also known as a hanging valley because of its cradle-shaped mountains. It is also known as the winter-wonderland as in winter the trails are totally covered with snow and the sun throw its rays within the clouds. The Har ki Dun trekking is embraced with soothing sights of deodar trees that will definitely enchant your soul with the pine smell.
Maximum altitude: 11,675 ft
Har Ki Dun Trek difficulty level: Easy to Moderate
Har Ki Dun Trek Distance: 47 KM
Temperature: 10℃ to 15℃ during the day and 2℃ to -5℃ during the night
Best Time to Travel: April to Mid-June and October to Mid-November
ATM: Purola has the last ATM before your trek begins
Start/End Point of the trek: Sankri Village
How to Reach Dehradun:-
The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport. It is well connected with all major airports via Delhi. The flights from Delhi are at regular intervals. The distance between Dehradun and Jolly Grant Airport is 26 km, so from there you can board on the government/private bus, or you can hire a private tourist cab. It will hardly take one hour to reach Dehradun.
Take the overnight train from Delhi to Dehradun:-
- Nandadevi Express
- Dehradun Express
This is the best option to reach Dehradun. If you plan to reach Delhi, you can board the bus from ISBT or Majnu ka Tilla Bus Stand. The distance between Delhi and Kasol is 247 Km, and it will take 5-6 hrs so by the overnight journey you will reach Kasol in the morning.
Har Ki Dun Trekking Inclusions:-
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in a Guesthouse/camps in Sankri and in camp on the remaining days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
4. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
5. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
6. Expert Trek support team – The moun