Har Ki Dun Trek Highlights
- Trek to an elevation of up to 12,000 ft. above sea level as you take in the fascinating views of Swargarohini group of peaks.
- Experience the oldest trek route of the Himalayas and witness the Beautiful ancient culture, mountain views, forests, grasslands, meadows, rivers, streams and even an alpine lake.
- Trail on the same route taken by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata on their ascent to heaven.
- Get a chance to explore ancient villages that are 2,000 years old and get fascinated by small slice of the local life.
- Enjoy the mystical and exotic flora and fauna of the Himalayas and listen to the mind blowing stories about Swargarohini Peak I,II,III,IV -bears bequest of the mythical stairway to heaven
Har Ki Dun Trek Overview
About The Trek:
Nestled cozily on the hinges of the Gharwal Himalayas, Har ki dun trek is one of the most popular treks among a lot of trekkers and nature enthusiasts. This exhilarating trek is also known as a hanging valley because of its cradle-shaped mountains.
It is also known as the winter-wonderland as in winter the trails are totally covered with snow and the sun throw its rays within the clouds. The Har ki Dun trekking is embraced with soothing sights of deodar trees that will definitely enchant your soul with the pine smell.
Har Ki Doon Trek Quick facts:
Maximum altitude: 11,675 ft
Har Ki Dun Trek Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Har Ki Dun Trek Distance: 47 KM
Temperature: 10℃ to 15℃ during the day and 2℃ to -5℃ during the night
Best Time to do Har ki Dun Trek: April to Mid-June and October to Mid-November
ATM: Purola has the last ATM before your trek begins
Start/End Point of the trek: Sankri Village
Har Ki Doon Trek Package Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in a Guesthouse/camps in Sankri and in camp on the remaining days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
4. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
5. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
6. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on Har Ki Dun trekking consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departures:
➔ May: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 29
➔ June: 1, 5
➔ Sep: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
➔ Oct: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
➔ Nov: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
➔ Dec: 4, 5, 11, 12, 17, 18, 22
Note: Customization available on request
How to Reach Dehradun:
You can reach Dehradun by Air/ Railways and Road. The nearest railway station is the Dehradun junction, which is well connected to major cities in northern India, primarily New Delhi. Jolly Grant Airport serves Dehradun domestically, with regular flights coming in from many major cities in India. Regular bus services also prevail to and fro Dehradun through an excellent roadways network.
More Details about Har Ki Dun Trek
Know Before You Go for Har Ki Dun Trek
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Porter & mule support to carry camping equipment. Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on chargeable basis
- Consult a physician before undertaking the Har ki Doon trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Dehradun Railway Station is available on request on additional charges
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Har Ki Doon trek package.
Things To Carry for Har Ki Dun Trek
- Head torchMandatory Item
- Walking stickMandatory Item
- Back pack (50-60l)Mandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf