Walk along the Parvati River
Unlike the loud and voracious water of the Beas River, the Parvati River gives you a mesmerizing view of the lovely Parvati Valley and the neighboring forests on both sides, with pine trees towering high above them. During the monsoon seasons, the waters here lead to a steep gradient from where the water gushes rapidly to form rapids that would send any avid rafter and water sports enthusiast running for his kayak.
To get through to the other side of the river, you need to cross a rickety old wooden bridge, which in itself is a thrill of sorts. Enjoy the sights of this beautiful aquatic pride of Himachal Pradesh as you relax on one of the high boulders on the banks of the river and simply take in the views.
Visit Manikaran Sahib
About the activity: Yet another destination marking its place in the list of serene lands is, Manikaran. Settled in the Parvati Valley, at an altitude of 1760 m, this lovely town attracts visitors from all the divisions. Manikaran Sahib the Sikh pilgrimage, is a site with tremendous religious significance and is visited by devotees from all over the region. Furthermore, the suburbs of this picturesque destination are divine and, excellent for harmony dwellers.
Location: The exact address of Manikaran Sahib is Hari Har Ghat, Manikaran Road, Distt. Kullu, Manikaran, Himachal Pradesh 175105.
Timings: It is open all the time, from sunset to sunrise.Entry fees: There is no entrance fee for Gurudwara.
Trek to Kheer Ganga
If you are seeking for some adventure and thrill, then trekking at Kheer Ganga is one of the most awesome things to do in Kullu. Situated in the Parvati valley, this place is endowed with a fascinating landscape making it a perfect destination for trekking.
After this tiresome yet adventurous journey, one can experience the relaxing natural hot water springs here. Kheer Ganga is also a pilgrimage hub. It is said that Karthik, the son of Lord Shiva meditated at this pristine place for approximately a thousand years. The place is open to visitors for only seven months a year and proffers comfortable accommodation facilities.
Experience Hot Spring at Manikaran
The food of the “Langar” or the Sikh Community Kitchen, is cooked with the hot water of this spring. The hot spring is enriched with minerals and contains amazing medicinal powers as well.
Location: Hari Har Ghat, Manikaran Road, Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh.
Visit Chalal Village
A breathtaking 30km-long trek brings you to this village, which is the perfect place to soak in the local culture and even enjoy some parties. The food is delicious and typically spicy middle-eastern food to spice up your mood with the misty ambience of the place. You must try the falafel, hummus and the pita bread here. This place is also considered as the base for the hike to Rasol.
Location: Chalal, Himachal Pradesh, 175105.
Starting time of the trek: 10:00 AM on day 1
End time of the trek: 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM on day 2
Camping Location: Tosh Village, Himachal Pradesh
Indulge your visual senses as you take on the Tosh valley trek, a trail that will take you across the periphery of the mighty Himalayas. A village at the end of the Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh, Tosh is situated at a height of 7,874ft and leads to the beautiful Pin Parvati Pass. The Tosh River here is an offshoot of the Parvati River, which suckles into the main river at Pulga. An amazing point to note here is that the valley of Tosh is actually home to a tributary of the river Parvati, which also goes by the name River Tosh. This means that as soon as you arrive at a point after the trek to Tosh, where a smaller river stream is feeding its waters into the grand Parvati Valley, you have arrived at the beginning point of Tosh Valley.
Temperature Range: The average temperature here ranges between 2°C and 7°C and dips below the freezing point in winters.
Trekking distance: 6 km
Difficulty Level: Easy
Starting and Ending Point: Barshaini, Kullu
Best time to visit: April to October would be the best time, though pleasant weather can be seen throughout the year. November to February would be a good time to see snow and experience freezing cold.
How to reach the campsite?
You have to report at Barshaini which is the starting point of the trek and it is around 22 km from Kasol. Many local transports and private cabs are available from Kasol to reach Barshaini.
Explore Malana Village
The village is rich in cannabis plantations and is famous for its ‘Manala Cream’ which is obtained from the cannabis plant. While this is an important draw for tourists to this village, it is also a place that is serene and surrounded by lakes, mountains and forests that make it a perfect retreat for travellers.
Location: The Malana Village is situated at a height of 2,652 metres, on a remote plateau by the side of the Malana River.
Binge on Israeli Cuisine
Imagine viewing the beautiful Himalayas and the other snow-capped mountains as you binge eat shakshouka, lemon cakes and other types of exotic Israeli cuisine. There is a reason that Kasol is known as the mini Israel of India.
From the quaint cafes to the loud street food in the area, Kasol offers you a golden chance to dine on amazing food and have a great conversation about the weather. Visit the ‘Turquiose Kasol’ and ‘The Evergreen’ for amazing cuisine that will have you weak in the knees. Enjoy desserts like ‘Hello to the queen’ and ‘Hello to the king’ whilst you are at the Evergreen restaurant and café.
Check Out: Best Time & Season to Visit Kasol
Trek to Great Himalayan National Park
The trek route through the National Park is known as the Tirath Valley Trek. The terrain is moderate to advanced, and it takes a total of seven days to complete the route. The total distance covered by the trek route is approximately 76km and needless to say, it is quite an adrenaline rush for adventure-seekers and travellers.
Location: Forest Office Road, Shamshi, Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh, 175126.
Enjoy the Parvati Shangri-La Festival
Location: Sky Haven, Katagla, Kasol, Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh 175126.
About the Activity:
- Delight in this amazing trekking expedition to to Rudranag, from Pulga, that enables you to enjoy the wild natural beauty of this region.
- Trek through beautiful lush-green thickets – rivet in this amazing trek that provides you with ample natural beauty.
- This is a great opportunity for naturalist and wildlife lovers as this trek provides you with frequent spotting of rare and beautiful wildlife species.
- Enjoy the various stop overs and dhabas near Rudra waterfall which provides delicious food and different cuisines.
- Head out for this exciting Himalayan trekking tour and make your vacation an adventurous one along with your friends.
- Start your tour after reaching Manali and for the Barsheni Village while soaking in the beauty of the region.
- Continue trekking from Rudranath while enjoying the view of River Parvati. Pass the trails covered with thick jungles and walk up to a tending pastureland where Khirganga.
- Trek to Tunda-Bhuj while enjoying the chirping of the birds as you trek. Reach Tunda-Bhuj situated at an altitude of 10,500 ft.
- Continue trekking to Thakur Kuan and pass through the rocks, streams and inclined rocky meadow land.Reach the Thakur Kuan situated at an altitude of 11,000ft.
- Trek to Mantalai and cross the terrain region and across the multiple streams coming in your way. Marvel at the sight of the amazing Parvati River before reaching 13400 ft high Mantalai.
- Leave behind the majestic Mantalai Lake and climb the trails that lead to your basecamp.
- Continue your trek to Spiti Valley and climb through the glacier, the rocky facade and the dense forest lanes.
- Witness the ranges of Dibibokri and Kulu Makalu which looks very fascinating and eye catchy as it is covered by large mountains and ice.
- Proceed trekking end to end to Pin Parvati Valley and then reach the small charming community where you can take a gamble around the small township.
- Also, visit Gompa region then trek through Rampur pass and reach the Wichkurung Thatch.
- Continue trekking to Mud Village and then drive from Mud to Kaza while exploring the beauty of the region.
- Conclude your tour after reaching Manali from Kaza and then for your return journey.
Check-in time: 10:00 AM
Check-out time: 09:00 AM
Kasol has emerged out to be the crowd's favourite escape into the Himalayas. Nestled in the lap of the brilliant and quaint Parvati Valley of the favourite vacationing state of Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is famous for the unmatched green beauty of the region. This tour takes you on a trekking and camping expedition in the very best of Kasol. The camp is located next to the river, making the experience all the more quaint and tranquil. Go for a short trek to the Chalal which is also known as the little Amsterdam of Kasol the overall experience becomes one of extreme brilliance.
About the Riverside Camping In Kasol:
- Begin your Kasol riverside camping experience by arriving early in the campsite and post breakfast, start on the trek to the amazing and quiet Chalal.
- Spend some time in the town by the river. This place is famous for crazy parties that are organized here.
- Trek back to the campsite and enjoy around a bonfire as the river roars past the campsite.
- Have your dinner in the woods and under the stars before you settle in for the night of your camping experience.
- In the morning, check out of from the camp to bring the trip to an end.
How to reach the campsite:
Variants: It is available in two variants.
1. Camping with Attached Washrooms and meals(Quad Sharing)
2. Camping with Common Washrooms and meals(Double Sharing)
Chill at Hype Music Festival
The trippy decoration and light effects help to enhance the vibes created by the psychedelic tunes and beats. This amalgamation of festivities with the cool atmosphere of the hills creates an unforgettable experience, making it one of the most enjoyable things to do in Kasol.
Location: Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
Go Shopping on the Streets of Kasol
Whenever we hit any new destination, the first thing we think of is what to buy from there so we take it all back as souvenirs of our time there. And believe it right away that Kasol is an amazing place to add some of the best collectibles to add to your house, memories, and even your wardrobe.
Many markets in Kasol, especially the one at Bhuntar are a great place to include on your list of places to go when the shopping bug bites. Collect semi-precious stones, t-shirts, woolens, aromatic oils and sheets, rugs, carpets and much more to add to your pile from Kasol, so when you go back, you will know that there is some part of Kasol still with you.
Location: Bhuntar Bazaar Rd, Sainik Chowk, Bhuntar, Himachal Pradesh
Recommended Read: Beautiful Resorts in Kasol to escape from busy life