Tosh Trek Highlights
- Explore the majestic lush green landscapes, waterfalls and bountiful nature scenes of Himalayas
- This 2 day trek amidst the snow-capped mountains will make you reconnect with nature and enjoy a perfect escape from the city life
- Enjoy this fun-filled trekking journey with the support of an expert guide who knows in and out about the locations
- Soak the warmth of an evening bonfire session and enjoy a fun-chat session with your trek mates amidst nature
- Located at an altitude of 7,874 ft, the Tosh Valley trek lets you explore some amazing trails, contained with springs and colossal rocks
Tosh Trek Overview
About the trek:
Adventures are always fun and liberating, and the Tosh Valley trek is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Tosh, known best for its lush green valleys, snow-capped mountains, beautiful flora and fauna, breathtaking waterfalls, and enchanting gorges, makes it a splendid place for you to explore the scenic beauty of Himachal Pradesh. Located at the edge of Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh, with a height of 7,874 ft, Tosh village is a concealed gem that blesses your eyes with the majestic views of the towering Himalayas and sparkling waterfalls. Tosh Valley, being the home to the tributary of the river Parvati - River Tosh, this trekking spot will steal your attention and make you fall in love with the unbounded beauty of nature in Himachal Pradesh.
Start point/Endpoint: Barshaini
Start Time: Day 1- 10:00 AM
End Time: Day 2- 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Stay: Alpine tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner
- Highly Experienced Guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Maximum Altitude: 7,874 ft
Total Trekking Distance: 6 KM (to and fro)
Temperature: In summers, the temperature goes from -7.6 degree Celsius to 13.5 degrees Celsius. In winters, during the day, the temperature goes from -9.5 degrees Celsius to 3 degrees Celsius.
ATM: Last ATM is in Kasol
Mobile Network:BSNL works the best in these areas
Trekking gradient: Easy
How to Reach:
The starting point of the trek is Barshaini which is located at a distance of 22 km from the Kasol. You can easily get any public or private transport to reach the location. The nearest airport is Kullu Manali Aiport located at a distance of 30 km from the starting point of the trek.
More Details about Tosh Trek
Know Before You Go for Tosh Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Permit charges are not included in the package.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
Things To Carry for Tosh Trek
- Led torch (with extra batteries)Mandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent