Choosing the best among all is quite a difficult task. To make it easy for you, here’s a list of the best treks in Mumbai.
1. Andharban Forest Trek: The majestic hills and the verdant sights of almost all the treks near Mumbai are enough to ignite the excitement in trekkers. Covered with dense forest, Andharban Forest Trek will thrill you with cascading waterfalls and green-clad hills. A Sahyadri forest in the Tamhini Ghats, Andharban forest is a treat for the eyes. The trek starts from the Pimpri dam and ends at Bhira dam covering a distance of around 13 km.
Location: Pimpri, Maharashtra
Price: INR 1.240 per adult
2. Kalsubai Trek: There are too many trekking places in Mumbai that are thrilling and adventurous. One of the highest peaks in Maharashtra at an altitude of 5400 ft., the Kalsubai trek is admired for the blissful greenery and mystic beauty. Captivating sunrise view fills the heart with joy, making Kalsubai one of the best options for trekking near Mumbai. This trek offers mystic views of several other ranges like Alang, Kulang, Ghanchakkar, and more.
Location: Igatpuri, Maharashtra
Price: Starting from INR 549 per Adult
3. Rajmachi Fort Trek: The tiny piece of paradise is characterized by water springs, lush greenery, and captivating hues, making it a legendary trek for adventure enthusiasts. At an altitude of 2700 ft., the place has two forts, Manaranjan Fort and the Shrivardhan forest. This trek includes exploring the village life, captivating sunrise, and picturesque sites, and is considered to be one of the best trekking places near Mumbai.
Price: Starting from INR 1,299 per Adult
Timings: 7:00 PM to 12:00 PM
4. Lohagad Trek: The most popular trek near Mumbai is to Lohagad Fort which is located at a height of 3,389 ft., offering spectacular views. With historic relevance, the place is enriched with picturesque landscapes. Wrapped with lush green moss, the fort is situated on the ranges of Sahyadri hills and consists of four doors. This trek includes witnessing the four gates, named- Ganesh Darwaja, Hanuman Darwaja, Narayan Darwaja, Maha Darwaja.
Price: Starting from INR 680 per Adult
5. Karnala Fort Trek: Trekking in Karnala gives you ample opportunities to observe the community and nature’s incredibility at the same time. The Karnala fort, located on the hill, was built even before 1400 AD. This trek is short and relaxing, making it one of the aptest trekking places near Mumbai for beginners. The fort is 125 ft. high surrounded by the bird sanctuary which gives you an additional spot to visit.
Location: Karnala, Maharashtra
Price: Starting from INR 1,129 per Adult
Timings: 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM
6. Kanheri Caves Trek: Situated within the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the caves are adorned with ecstatic Buddhist artwork which signifies the great rock-cut masterpieces. This place of trekking in Mumbai will make a place in the hearts of trekkers that admire sculptures, paintings, and inscriptions. This trek is devised to provide you with the experience of magnificent Indian culture, without compromising your comfort and convenience.
Location: Near Borivali, Mumbai
Price: starting from INR 600 per Adult
Timings: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
7. Harishchandragad Fort Trek: it an altitude of 4,665 ft., the Harishchandragad Trek thrills experienced trekkers as it is challenging yet rewarding. The trek is quite a popular spot for tourists. The intrigued caves all around the fort turn the trekking experience into delight. This trek includes rappelling and camping that adds more adventure. The major attraction of the trek is Konkan Kada and the holy Ganesh Cave.
Location: Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Price: Starting from INR 1,720 per Adult
8. Garbett Trek: With scenic views and pleasant moss, the Garbett Plateau Trek is exhilarating and fun. The steep slopes and rocky passages make the trek even more exciting. This trek near Mumbai offers a surreal view of the Matheran. Garbett Trek gives the opportunity to not only capture the beauty of the Garbett Plateau but also to see ecstatic views of reversed waterfalls.
Location: Diksal, Maharashtra
Price: Starting from INR 1,199 per Adult
Timings: 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM
9. Mahuli Fort Trek: Just 92 km away from Mumbai. The Mahuli Fort is situated on a secluded hill on the west of the Sahyadri Range of Mountains. Enveloped with lush green forests and misty clouds, the fort trek is a paradise for all rock climbers. The trek includes guidance from the professional to assure your safety and to and fro meeting point transportation to make your trek hassle-free.
Location: Thane, Maharashtra
Price: Starting from INR 700 per Adult
Timings: 7:00 AM to 9:30 PM