Camping in MumbaiMumbai the city of dreams is a metropolitan city of the India. It is the 9th most populous city in the world. So much to do, so much to live in this city but at times you all wanted a break from the rush and the hustle bustle of the city life. At times, you just want to run away from a place to unwind yourself. So, if you are looking at such a place near Mumbai, you are reading the article, you may find many such weekend getaway places near Mumbai to explore and just relax in the bustling city. Take a break from work, take a break from the emails and just head onto the best camping sites in Mumbai for unwinding and a refreshing experience.
Well, there are many camping sites that are not known to the people of Mumbai where you can refresh your mind and body adding some element of fun to it. Foremost the best weekend camping site that is near to Mumbai is Bhandardara - a place to relax in the lap of nature for a weekend trip and vacation. For Mumbaikars, it is one of the easiest places to drive that offers stunning views of the Sahyadris. Today, Mumbai travellers want these kinds of camps to explore and unwind the hectic work life. There are many other camping sites like - Lonavala, harishchandragad trek, Karnala bird sanctuary, Kamshet, camping near Pawna lake and much more. Here you can indulge yourself in the best camping in Mumbai and various other activities like - adventure games, wildlife safaris, nature trails, life on wheels, such as biking-cycling, corporate outings, photography workshop, and the list goes on..
People Also Ask About Camping in Mumbai
What are the best camping sites near Mumbai?
1. Karnala: Only a short drive away from the city of dreams, Karnala is one of the most popular sites for camping in Mumbai. It is near the famous Karnala Bird Sanctuary and Karnala Fort and is a perfect destination to enjoy a break amidst nature. Here you can spot a range of exotic native and migratory birds or opt for trekking, hiking, boating, etc., like adventures.
-Location:near Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Karnala, Maharashtra 410207
-Amenities:Tents, Washroom, Food, BBQ, Bonfire, Board Games, Adventures, etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 2,000 per adult
2. Kolad: Situated on the banks of the Kundalika River, Kolad is a serene destination offering splendid opportunities for camping near Mumbai. It also features plenty of outdoor activities along with a refreshing tent stay. You can either opt for trekking, or indulge in water sports like kayaking or river rafting on the Kundalika River, or just enjoy the bounty of nature with a leisurely stroll. Make the most of your time with a visit to the nearby village and enjoy their cultural performances.
-Location:Kundalika River, Kolad, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Food, BBQ, Board Games, Outdoor Activities (ATV Ride, Archery, Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Rafting, kayaking), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,625 per adult
3. Vasind: Another great destination for camping around Mumbai, Vasind is known for its picture-perfect setting and tranquil surroundings. The campsite offers a range of thrilling water adventures like kayaking, river rafting, swimming, trekking, etc. However, camping at this natural site lets you breathe fresh air, enjoy the aroma of freshly cooked food in an open fire, and wake up with bird’s melodious chirping. Have the best camping experience at Vasind with your loved ones and capture the best shots of nature.
-Location:near Bhatsai River, Vasind, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Food, BBQ, Board Games, Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Fishing, Boating, Kayaking, Swimming, Hiking), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,600 per adult
4. Pawna Lake: Located close to Lonavala, Pawna Lake is the most popular camping site for nature lovers and peace seekers. The place offers beautiful and calm surroundings and is a perfect place to spend some beautiful moments away from the city's hustle-bustle.
Swim in the pristine waters of the lake or enjoy a thrilling boating experience or have a beautiful evening time with music and bonfire. Choose from twin sharing or triple sharing tents as per your requirements and have a memorable experience.
-Location: Maval Taluka, Pune, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Bonfire, Music, Boating), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,499 per adult
5. Bhandardara: Nestled amid the spectacular Sahyadri ranges, Bhandardara is another offbeat camping site blessed with abundant picturesque natural resources. Its lush surroundings, grand waterfalls, and majestic mountains attract not only nature lovers but adventure enthusiasts as well. Be part of camping at this quaint hill station near Mumbai and feel refreshed and energetic after spending some lovely times in the lap of nature.
-Location:near Igatpuri, Akole tehsil, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Nature Walks, Fireflies Tour, trekking, Bonfire, Music, Boating, Kayaking, Archery, Rifle Shooting, Board Games), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,099 per adult
6. Panchgani: Located close to Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani is a serene hilly campsite offering a respite from Mumbai's scorching heat and hectic life. Camping in Mumbai at this site bestows you with picturesque views along with unique stargazing, astrophotography, and observatory experiences.
Camps at Panchgani assure warm hospitality and world-class hygiene facilities. Here, you can participate in Burma Bridge, rock climbing, obstacle course, nature walks and many more thrilling activities.
-Location:Panchgani, Satara, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents (twin/triple sharing), Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Bonfire, Music, Indoor Board Games, Outdoor Activities, etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,399 per adult
7. Kashid: Blessed with white beaches, Kashid is a serene town offering a perfect setting for beachside camping. It is a beautiful location to enjoy a romantic retreat or have some memorable moments with your gang. Have a great time with your loved ones by the sea, trek to a nearby fort, indulge in water sports, or just laze around. Do whatever you like and have a lifetime experience.
-Location:Kashid Beach, Murud taluka, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Trekking, Bonfire, Music, Board Games, Water Sports, Horse Riding), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,699 per adult
8. Vaitarna Lake: Unwind yourself with a cherishable experience of camping around Mumbai at the banks of the River Vaitarna. It lets you savor the true taste of nature amidst serene landscapes and offers a range of adventures as well. The camping at this spot is a complete package of a luxury stay, delicious food, western washrooms like modern amenities, music, fun, adventure, and lots of excitement.
-Location:Vaitarna Lake, Wada Taluka, Palghar District, Maharashtra
-Amenities:Luxury Tents, Shared Washroom, Meals, BBQ, Indoor/Outdoor Activities (Bonfire, Music, Board Games, Night Movie Screening, Rappelling, Kayaking), etc.
-Price:Starts at INR 1,520 per adult
What are the best lakeside camps near Mumbai?
1. Shirota Lakeside Camp: A hidden gem for camping near Mumbai, this lake offers serenity and adventure. Enjoy wonderful sunset views, stargazing, fishing, delicious food, music, dance, and much more at this site.
2. Pawna Lakeside Camp: An artificial lake near Mumbai, it offers a perfect setting to enjoy an overnight camping in Mumbai right under the stars in luxury tents. The camping experience comprises stargazing, BBQ, bonfire, trekking, and many other adventures as well.
3. Bhandardara Lakeside Camp: Nature lovers and adventure buffs like to camp here to enjoy not only the pristine surroundings but indulge in trekking, stargazing, bonfire, music, dance, BBQ, bonfire, and not to be missed fireflies tours (during the monsoon).
4. Camp by Mukne Dam: Located in Igatpuri amidst Sahyadri ranges, this campsite is a real treasure for camping lovers. Along with its tranquil ambiance, it offers an array of outdoor activities like trekking, hiking, swimming, nature walks, birdwatching, stargazing, etc.
5. Vihar Lakeside Camp: The largest lake in Mumbai, the Vihar Lake is known for its lush and deep woods surroundings. The site lets the campers spot some of the exotic birds and be amused by natural scenery.
6. Upvan Lakeside Camp: A popular meditation site for yoga enthusiasts, this site lets the campers enjoy the serenity, fresh ambiance, and thrills of camping adventures.
What facilities will I get in Camps near Mumbai?
- Tents on 2/3 sharing
- Board Games
- Outdoor Activities
- Shared Washrooms
What activities can we do while camping near Mumbai?
- Rifle Shooting
- Jet Skiing
- Movie Screening
- Board Games
- Horse Riding
- Nature Walks
- Bird Watching
- Village Tours
How far is Pawna Lake from Mumbai?
Pawna Lake is about 122 km away from Mumbai via Kamshet and approx. 108 km away via Dudhiware Khind route. You can cover this distance in about 2 hrs 40 minutes to 3 hours if traveling by a private car or a hired cab.