Scuba Diving in MumbaiTry your hands on scuba diving in Mumbai as the beautiful Arbaian sea has plenty of undiscovered adventures for you . These once relatively unknown destinations have now become famous as incredible dive sites for avid scuba divers. Sindhudurg Fort in Tarkarli is one of the most famous dive sites in the region due to its clear waters and underwater inhabitants that fascinates the new as well as seasoned divers.
Murud and Devbagh have also emerged as prominent destinations for scuba diving in recent years. The most important factor that gives you an incredible experience of scuba diving near Mumbai is the clear water of the Arabian Sea. Dive sites like Tsunami Beach, Sindhudurg Fort, Vengurla Rocks, Konkan Coasts and Dandeshwar have clear water which offers a perfect environment for scuba divers to enjoy the best views of marine lives.
These are ideal destinations for avid divers where they can get amazing views of colorful corals, massive underwater rocks and caves, a variety of fish, crustaceans and lots more. Most of the diving sessions are for 30 to 45 minutes and it can be either between 10 to 20 meters underwater or 20 to 30 meters depending on your experience and swimming abilities.
People Also Ask About Scuba Diving in Mumbai
Which are the best places for scuba diving near Mumbai?1. Tarkarli: Tarkarli has some of the best sites for scuba diving near Mumbai. The coastline of this wonderful beach town is home to beautiful coral reefs, exotic fish, dolphins, unique underwater plants and lots more. There is much to explore and discover along the coastline of Tarkarli and the best way to do it is by scuba diving. The activity is performed under professional supervision and you can indulge in it even if you do not have any prior experience in scuba diving. Appropriate briefing and instructions will be given before the dive.
- Location: Tsunami Island, Tarkarli, Maharashtra
- Price: Average price starts from INR 850 per dive.
2. Devbagh: With the rise in scuba diving enthusiasts in the country, Devbagh in Maharashtra has also entered the list of being one of the best dive sites for scuba diving in Mumbai, along the Konkan Coasts. The clear water of the Arabian Sea and the spectacular marine lives here makes Devbagh one of the best areas for scuba diving near Mumbai. From colorful corals to wide varieties of fish to dolphin sightings experience it all in your scuba diving expedition in Devbagh. The entire activity is supervised by experts and with quality equipment.
- Location: Devbagh, Maharashtra
- Price: Starting from INR 1000 per person
3. Malvan: The clean beaches and pristine surroundings of Malvan attracts several visitors from nearby towns and cities on a regular basis. Scuba diving is another attraction here that has drawn several visitors. The dive site is near the famous Sindhudurg Fort and the main attraction here are the variety of colorful fishes, amazing corals and other water animals that are simply indescribable. The dive site is safe and all safety measures and equipment are in place. The underwater visibility here is great and you can see a wide variety of marine life.
- Location: Sindhudurg Fort, Malvan, Maharashtra
- Price: Starts at INR 2500 per person
4. Vengurla: Vengurla is a fascinating holiday destination and its most popular scuba diving site is Vengurla Rocks which was also known as Nivti Lighthouse. This dive site offers a wide variety of underwater rocks, schools of fish such as the red snapper, angel fish, etc., colorful corals and so much more. One of the most exciting diving activities here is exploring the famous underwater shipwreck. Vengurla Rocks has PADI certified instructors and diving experts who will ensure you have one of the best experiences keeping all safety measures in place.
- Location: Vengurla, Maharashtra
- Price: Starting from INR 1500 per person
Can a non-swimmer dive in Mumbai?Yes, a non-swimmer can also indulge in scuba diving in Mumbai. Scuba diving at the introductory level does not have swimming as a prerequisite. Non-swimmers can try out Try Scuba or PADI Discover Scuba Diving Program. For these dives an instructor is present with you during the dive and will ensure your safety throughout the dive.
What is the cost of Scuba diving in Tarkarli?The cost of scuba diving in Tarkarli can range anywhere from INR 900 to INR 2500 depending on the kind of dive and facilities you want to include. You can choose from a wide range of diving packages such as shallow sea diving, deep sea diving, shallow diving with water sports or combo packages. Each session will also include HD pictures of your experience underwater and a video as well.
What is the best time for scuba diving in Malvan?October to March is the best time for scuba diving in Malvan. The water visibility during this time is great and offers the best experiences under water.
Resorts in Mumbai Trekking in Mumbai Group Departure in Mumbai Adventure in Mumbai Camping in Mumbai In City in Mumbai Day Outs in Mumbai Rentals in Mumbai Nature Camping in Mumbai Sightseeing in Mumbai Corporate Team Outings in Mumbai Local Experiences in Mumbai Resort Day Outs in Mumbai Day Outbounds in Mumbai Weekend Tours in Mumbai Walking in Mumbai Water Park in Mumbai Water Sports in Mumbai Homestays in Mumbai Transfers in Mumbai Attractions in Mumbai Entertainment Zones in Mumbai Outdoors in Mumbai Rafting in Mumbai Lake Side Camping in Mumbai Romantic Experiences in Mumbai Overnight Programs in Mumbai Off-beat Camping in Mumbai Glamorous Camping in Mumbai Boating in Mumbai Multi Day Tour in Mumbai Events in Mumbai Romantic Couple Experiences in Mumbai Helicopter Ride in Mumbai Riverside Camping in Mumbai JW Experiences in Mumbai Food in Mumbai Cycling in Mumbai Budget Homestays in Mumbai Theme Park in Mumbai Beachside Camping in Mumbai Stays in Mumbai Fun and Family in Mumbai For Travelers in Mumbai Wildlife in Mumbai Experiential Stays in Mumbai Luxury Deals in Mumbai Adventures in Mumbai Parasailing in Mumbai Aerial Activities in Mumbai Active Adventure in Mumbai Snorkeling in Mumbai Jungle Camping in Mumbai Adventure Tours in Mumbai Romantic in Mumbai Biking in Mumbai Luxury in Mumbai Multi Adventure Tours in Mumbai Jeep Safari in Mumbai Travel Safe in Mumbai Hot Air Ballooning in Mumbai Luxury Day Outs in Mumbai Meditation in Mumbai Yoga in Mumbai Skydiving in Mumbai Rappelling in Mumbai Resort in Mumbai Hilltop Camping in Mumbai Paragliding in Mumbai Zip-lining in Mumbai Sailing in Mumbai Rock Climbing in Mumbai Local Living in Mumbai Kayaking in Mumbai Offbeat in Mumbai Cruises in Mumbai Villas in Mumbai Nature and Wildlife in Mumbai