Treks in Himachal
Triund Trek, Hampta Pass Trek, Bhrigu Lake Trek, Indrahar Pass Trek, Kheerganga Trek, Pin Parvati Trek, Tosh Valley Trek, Kareri Lake Trek, Prashar Lake Trek, Beas Kund Trek, Bhaba Pass Trek, Chanderkhani Pass Trek and many more adventurous treks.
Snaking amidst colourful flower patches, dense forests, rolling grasslands, and snow-clad peaks, the enchanting treks in Himachal are not only famed to offer unfathomable adrenaline rush, but are also known for letting you soak in breathtaking virgin scenic beauty. Featuring diverse terrains and natural splendors these treks take you to various heights in the mighty Himalayan range and offer mesmerizing panoramic views that are rewarding enough for all that sweat!
Irrespective of the number of years you have spent hiking the mountains, the trekking places in Himachal will welcome you for a thrilling experience tailored for your abilities. While the beginners can pick shorter and easier treks like Hampta Pass Trek, Prashar Lake Trek, Triund Trek, and Bhrigu Lake Trek, the seasoned trekkers can go for Pin Parvati Pass trek, Sar Pass Trek, and Charang Valley Trek to have all the challenge to test their skills. Trekking in Himachal is fun all year round with treks available for every season. While Chandrakhani Pass trek and Kheerganga trek are the best winter treks, Rupin Pass trek and the Valley of Flowers offer excellent monsoon trekking experience.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Himachal Pradesh
Which are the best treks to do in Himachal in summer?1. Tosh Valley Trek: Travelling across the village of Parvati, the Tosh Valley treks presents to you the marvels of Himachal’s summer beauty. The trek snakes its way through beautiful forests in bloom to reach the river Tosh, which is an offshoot of the Parvati River.2. Sar Pass: One of the most popular summer treks in the Himachal, this route travels across the famous Sar Pass in Kullu. Located at an altitude of 14,000 feet above sea level, the Sar Pass trek is regarded as one of the best high altitude trekking routes here.3. Kheerganga Trek: The highest camping spot in Kasol, the trek to Kheerganga is said to be one of the most visually stunning ones. The route boasts of some amazing views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains.4. Khauli Pass Trek: One of the most untrodden paths, the trekking route to Khauli Pass prides in its marvelous beauty. Apart from the panoramic mountain views, the Khauli pass route also boasts of some spectacular sunrise views.5. Hampta Pass: Joining the valleys of Kullu and Manali, the Hampta Pass is one of the most popular trekking destinations in the Himachal. Although this trek can be attempted in all seasons, summer is the best time to witness the meadows and forests here in full bloom.
Which are the easy treks to do in Himachal?1. Hampta Pass Trek: Travelling across lush green valleys and thick forests, the Hampta Pass trek is among the most scenic treks in the Himachal. The route here is fairly easy as well, and can be attempted by beginners and experts alike.
2. Prashar Lake: One of the easiest treks for beginners, Prashar Lake is a quaint glittering lake in the heart of the Himachal. The road to the lake is peppered with fantastic views of rushing rivers and scenic Meadows. Camping is also a popular activity here.
3. Triund Trek: Snaking its way across the Himachali curves, Triund Trek is a popular trek among beginners. The route is known to command some excellent views of the surrounding mountains.
4. Bhrigu Lake Trek: One of the least explored routes in the Himachal is the trek to Bhrigu Lake. Located at an elevation of about 14,000 feet above sea level, the sacred lake attracts trekkers to itself throughout the year.5. Kareri Lake Trek: Making its way across thick pine thickets, the Kareri Lake trek is an offbeat route in the Himachal.
Which are the moderate treks in Himachal?1. Beas Kund: The trek to the source of the river Beas has always been a popular trek in the Himachal area. Travelling across open Meadows and forests, the route here is known to command excellent views of the surrounding snow capped peaks.2. Chandranahan Lake Trek: Located at an elevation of about 14,000 feet above sea level, a trek to the Chandernahan Lake is always an adventurous one. The scenic route to the lake is known for its views of Meadows, forests and other smaller alpine lakes.3. Rupin Pass Trek: Shaking it's way across hanging villages and lush alpine forests, the Rupin Pass Trek is one of the most beautiful yet moderately challenging trekking routes in the Himachal region.4. Buran Ghati Trek: A fairly new trek in the Himachal, the Buran Ghati trek travels across some of the most picturesque regions in the mountains. Meandering across Meadows and waterfalls, this trek is an absolute must try.
Which are the best treks in Himachal?1. Triund Trek, Mcleodganj: Camping under the stars with a warm bonfire is the perfect way to entice visitors to the Dhauladhar ranges. The scenery in Triund is worth watching, especially at night. This one-day trek is known as Little Lhasa because it is home to a large Tibetan population. If you want to travel alone or with your partner, it is one of the most popular destinations in India because you can trek there without dripping sweat. So, do visit here to try out this trek in Himachal. The trek will take you to an elevation of about 2,850 m (9,350 ft) above the sea level and offer you a truly magical experience. You can complete this trek in just 4 - 6 hours as it would not be very challenging.
2. Bhrigu Lake Trek, Manali: If you're new to trekking places in Himachal Pradesh, the Bhrigu Lake Trek is an excellent place to start with an elevation of 14,100 ft. Bhrigu Trek is the only trek that will take you to the fascinating peak in just two days and you will pass through some steep inclines and falls as well. You should also be aware that this location was once home to Bhrigu Maharishi, and visitors consider themselves fortunate to have arrived there. Make sure you can trek the steep trails and aren't afraid of them before you go. Aside from that, you should visit Bhrigu Lake before June because it begins to freeze in the middle of the month.
3. Kheerganga Trek, Kasol: Kheerganga Trek at an elevation of 2,956 metres or 9,700 feet above the ground lets you pass through the stunning views of nature all around. Taking this moderately difficult trek, you will surely be able to lose track of time as you get tranquilized by the surreal show of verdant greenery and mystic waters of the Kheerganga River. Once you visit this amazing place, you will definitely fall in love with the beauty of Kheerganga. The jungle, lush green and thick trees, quaint valleys, and a natural hot water spring are all part of Kasol Kheerganga. Kasol Kheerganga is a wonderful treat for avid hikers and nature lovers who are always looking for new adventures. You would be able to complete this 12 km long trek in just 5 - 6 hours.
4. Prashar Lake Trek, Mandi: Prashar Lake trek provides trekkers with 180-degree views of the Kinnaur and Pir Panjal mountain ranges, revealing the majesty of the Dhauladhar ranges in a unique and spectacular way. There are two ways to get to Prashar Lake: one through Jwalapur village and the other through Baggi village. If you want something easy, go for the Jwalapur village route, where you can enjoy perfect winter snow trekking places in Himachal Pradesh. This moderately difficult trek would take you to an elevation of about 8960 feet above the ground in just 2 days.
5. Malana Village Trek, Kasol: Beginning in Kasol and ending in Malana Village, this enchanting walk will take you through the narrow winding paths. The 4-kilometer trek to Malana at an elevation of 10000 ft will take you almost six days to complete while cutting through the heart of the hills. Instead of the exhaustion of trekking places in Himachal Pradesh, you will enjoy the foggy mornings and cool mountain air that will refresh you. The entire trail is surrounded by greenery and scenic vistas on all sides, making it a real treat for any nature lover to take in those magnificent views. After that you can have a pleasant walk around the Malana village and see the ancient architecture and fine miniature carvings on the temple and other significant structures. The best time to visit here is from mid December to the first week of February.
6. Pin Parvati Pass Trek, Spiti: If you've had enough easy and moderate trekking in himachal and want to engage in something more adventurous, then the Pin Parvati Pass Trek is for you. This trek takes almost 9 days to complete, passing through snowy landscapes, alluring mountain passes, and fascinating meadows. It tests your endurance and stamina, but the enjoyable trek is well worth the effort. Buddhist monasteries called Tabo and Ki Gompo can be found at the valley's top, where the Kullu and Spiti valleys meet. Before you set out on your journey to 16,000-foot mountains, make sure you're mentally prepared for this adventurous trek.
7. Hampta Pass Trek, Manali: Hampta Pass Trek, which is brimming with shepherds and a slew of trekkers, takes its name from Hampta village, which is located near 14,000 feet in the Pir Panjal Region. The path to the pass starts in the Kullu Manali Valley and continues to the Chandra Valley peak in Lahaul. The oak and walnut trees that line your trek route will add to the beauty of your sight. In a 5-day mountain rhapsody, Hampta Pass treats you to an amazing view of diverse landscapes. The starkly contrasting topography, which ranges from lush green mammoths to crisp contrasting expanses of deserted forest, leaves you completely speechless. The sheer drama of this cross-country journey is simply captivating and that makes it a must-see destination in your check-list.
8. Beas Kund Trek, Manali: Fortunately, if you're new to trekking places in Himachal Pradesh, this 3-day trek to Beas Kund is a great place to start. You can easily cover this 15 to 17 km trek at an elevation of 3810 meters above the sea level in a short period of time to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Dhauladhar ranges, regardless of your age. This trek will take you to one of the best places to visit in India, the source of the Beas River, which is well worth seeing.
9. Sar Pass Trek, Kasol: Sar Pass Trek is one of the most difficult Himachal Pradesh trekking tours at an elevation of 4,220 m (13,850 ft), but it rewards tourists with spectacular Himalayan views. The trek is made more enjoyable by the snow-capped mountains and beautiful scenery. You'll find a forest of deodar and pine trees here, as well as meadows bursting with colourful flowers. This 4 -5 hours of trek brings a touch of magic to your moments and makes your trip more enjoyable.
10. Deo Tibba Base Camp: Enjoy the breathtaking views of Deo Tibba at an elevation of 6001 meters, Indrasan Peak, and Indrakila Peak, as well as the Jagatsukh glaciers and a miniature Chandratal lake. Deo Tibba not only has a beautiful view of some of Himachal Pradesh's most prominent peaks, but it also has a rich flora and fauna. Deo Tibba is brimming with medicinal herbs that have been known to treat fevers, stomachaches, and even stinky feet. It is a decent trek for beginners as well as seasoned hikers due to the moderate gradient and ease of access, and it is no surprise that it is one of the most beautiful treks in Himachal. You would be able to complete this trek in just 6 days if you have got decent levels of physical fitness.
11. Buran Ghati: Buran Ghati is one of most enchanting treks in Himachal at an elevation of about 15059 ft. Because of its untouched nature and incredible campsites, this newly discovered trail is quickly gaining popularity. With massive mountains in the background and vast meadows bordered by pine trees, the campsites are picture perfect. Buran Ghati is one of those treks in Himachal where you can see every facet of nature, from Dayara Bugyal meadows to streams and waterfalls. Along this trail, the mountain pass from Dhunda and the snow wall at Buran Pass are also highlighted. This picture-perfect trek in Himachal is a must-do in your bucket list. You can complete this challenging trek is just 6 - 7 days.
Which are the best winter treks in himachal?1. Triund And Laka Glacier Trek: Located at an elevation of about 2850 m above the sea level, it is an enchanting trek that is packed with loads of adventure. Heading over to this place in the winter season, you will be able to enjoy a calming atmosphere in the midst of alluring natural beauty. You will definitely be able to make some blissful memories capturing the views of deodar, oak, and rhododendron trees in the green snow-clad mountains during winters.
2. Kareri Lake Trek: Kareri Lake Trek is a captivating trek that lets you spend time close to nature in the middle of rich forests during the winter season. You will pass through some of the narrow terrains and unrealistic meadows making everlasting memories with your loved ones. You will also get a chance to witness the snow fall on the peaks as well as icy waters of the lake.
3. Malana Village Trek: Malana Village Trek happens to be a captivating trek that takes you through one of the oldest villages in India. You will get to spend some time in an enchanting winter atmosphere witnessing the foggy morning hours as well as crisp mountains.
Which are the best monsoon treks in Himachal Pradesh?1. Hampta Pass Trek: Located at an elevation of about 14010 ft above the sea level, it is one of the ideal treks in Himachal for beginners. It is loaded with pristine heavenly beauty spread across apple trees, cascading waterfalls, and lush green landscapes. Heading out for trekking in himachal during the monsoon season, you will be able to make some everlasting memories. You will also get a chance to witness the Chandratal Lake as well as the best colors of nature.
2. Beas Kund Trek: Beas Kund Trek is a popular trek that is located close to Manali. The trek takes you around some of the grand peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak, and Seven Sisters. During the monsoon season, the route to the summit might be a bit challenging but you will be able to enjoy the pristine views to the core.
3. Pin Parvati Trek: Pin Parvati Trek happens to be located at an elevation of 7500 ft above the sea level and it is one of the oldest treks in the Himalayan Mountain Ranges. It is popularly called as the Valley of Gods’. Heading over to this trek, you will come across the Great Himalayn National Park as well as witness the mystical valleys.
Which are the best treks in Himachal for beginners?1. Prashar Lake Trek: The Prashar Lake Trek is one of the enthralling treks in Himachal Pradesh that can be complete in just 4 - 6 hours. You will get to enjoy the 180 degree view of the Pir Panjal, Kinnaur, and Dhauladhar Mountain Ranges. Apart from all these, anyone taking the Prashar Lake Trek would also come across some old timey architecture.
2. Triund Trek: Triund Trek is one of the most sought after beginner level treks in Himachal Pradesh that is widely famous for its 22 steep curves and the charming Dhauladhar Ranges. It is accessible all throughout the year but the beauty of the area intensifies in the winter season. You can book for Himachal trekking packages during the winter season to enjoy the snow as well as snow capped mountains at their best.
3. Bhrigu Lake Trek: Bhrigu Lake Trek can be considered as one of the best treks to start with in Himachal Pradesh with beginners. This three day trek will take you to the high alpine glacial lake located at an altitude of 14000 ft above the ground. You will pass through some of the wonderful meadows and some of the marvellous peaks like Seven Sister and Deo Tibba.
What is the best time to visit Himachal Pradesh for trekking?The best time to visit Himachal Pradesh for trekking would be in the summer season which extends from the month of March to the month of June. You can also plan out himachal trekking packages from the month of September to the month of December for trekking activities. However it is at all times suggested to check the climatic condition before planning your trekking in himachal.
Which are the best sites for camping near Shimla?
Snow trails camp: Staying true to its name, this campsite will provide you with a chance to gaze at the mesmerizing scenery of snow capped mountains. Having a backdrop of deodar and oak trees, this location is perfect for photography enthusiasts.
Camps Jungle Livinn: Staying true to its name, this campsite will let you stay within the reaches of a forest, where you will be surrounded by wilderness. From proper restrooms to a diner, all kinds of facilities are available at this campsite.
Hail Himalayas Camps: Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the Hail Himalayas Campsite sits overlooking the snow capped hills. Providing all basic necessities like rain covers and sleeping bags, this campsite is a top choice of leisure travellers.
Jupiter Camps: If you are looking for a campsite which offers luxurious accommodation as well as top notch facilities then look no further. Some of the amenities offered here include bonfire, barbeque, trek items, dining hall, play area and transportation service.
Is it safe to trek in Himachal Pradesh?
Yes, Himachal Pradesh is quite safe, especially Malana Trek which is considered a safe trek and you can trek along with locals or fellow travellers who constantly visit this village.
Can I do Beas Kund Trek? What sort of a trek is it?
Yes, Beas Kund Trek can be easily done as it is a moderate level trek. It is an astounding short trek, where you can witness iced mountains and para gliders floating midair.
The track goes through Dhundi and Bakar Thach and enters Beas Kund glacier, from where the river Beas originates.
What sort of trek is Hampta Pass Trek? How much will it cost me?
Hampta Pass Trek is a moderately difficult trek to hike and you don’t require much physical strength to climb this. The base camp of Hampta pass is Manali; get enthralled by rivers and picturesque landscape on your way up this trek.
Also, Hampta Pass trek packages will cost you from 8500 INR onwards, so it is great for your soul and pocket.
Can I do the Tosh Valley Trek? What is the difficulty level?
Yes, Tosh Valley trek is a way to discover the beauty of nature and you can choose your way to climb up the Glacier.
You can pursue the tracks that lead to the challenging Animal Pass or choose the steady easy climb to the Tosh Glacier.
What is special about Spiti Valley Trek? Is it a difficult trekking option?
Trekking in Spiti one daunting expedition you must go on. Get enticed by the unworldly experience and serene scenic views of Himachal Pradesh.
This is situated at a height of about 4000 metres, lying between Tibet and India. Spiti Valley trek is taken as one of the challenging treks in Himachal Pradesh, with confounding trails and moonscapes.
What is Bhrigu Lake Trek? Is it worth doing it?
Bhrigu lake trek is an amazing trek to Bhrigu Lake which is situated at a height of 4300 metres and could be initiated from Vashishth temple, which is near Manali. It is almost a 2 days hike and is famous for its natural hot springs.
It is worth experiencing standing near the lake, marvelling the oval-shaped water body and enjoying the tranquillity near the lake.
How difficult is Chanderkhani Pass Trek? How many days are required to complete it?
Chanderkhani Pass Trek is quite a moderate to easy level trek, perfect for a new bee. It is a 20 km long hike, with an elevation of 3670 metres and it will take 2 to 3 days to complete it.
What sort of Trek is Kanamo Peak Trek?
Kanamo Peak trek is a 6000 m hike in the fabulous peaks of Himalayas. It is essentially a 5 day trek to Kanamo Peak, although, Chandratal trekking can be included to increase the travel time and fun.
Kibber is the default base camp, however you can start your trek from Batal to reach Kanamo summit.
Is it worth doing the Triund Trek? What sort of a trek is it?
Triund trek is one of the most wondrous treks in Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the jewels of Dharamshala valley and is quite popular among tourists.
This trek is suitable for all age groups, considerably easy in the beginning, but tourists face difficulty during the end of the trek as it has 22 curves in the last kilometre.
Can I do the Kareri Lake Trek? When should I do it?
Yes, one can enjoy trekking to this beautiful high altitude, fresh water Kareri Lake which is 2934 metres above the sea level.
The best time to plan a trekking expedition in Kareri Lake is May and June or September and October.
What is special about Kheerganga Trek? When is the best time to do it?
Kheerganga is a special trek location where the trail ascends through thick pine forests to the Kheer Ganga Village. It is ringed by the Himalayan massifs and streaming rivers.
You can witness scenes of nature and enjoy a bath in natural hot springs. Also, there’s a Shiva temple situated on the peak of the hike. Best time to plan a hike is from July to October.
What is the Bhubhu Pass Trek like?
Bhubhu trek in Himachal Pradesh is a trail connecting Kullu (Lagh valley) to Mandi (Chuhar Valley). It is an ancient trail, not very high and therefore is an easy hiking path.
Can I do Prashar Lake Trek? What is special about it?
Yes, Prashar Lake trek is a beautiful hiking location in Himachal Pradesh. It is frozen in winters. Encounter the stunning views of Dhauladhar, Kinnaur and PirPanjal mountain ranges. Other than this, it is known for the famous 13th century pagoda temple located near the lake.