Manali Trekking Packages
Browse through a wide range of Manali trekking places with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book treks near Manali with exciting deals & offers.
Trekking in Manali is one of the most rewarding and riveting experiences to undertake when you are on a vacation in Himachal Pradesh. It offers the most amazing adventures with trekking trails and camping activities amidst the wilderness of nature. Full of sites which boast of pristine meadows, gurgling streams and vast expanses of blanket of snow, these treks in Manali are the perfect way to savour an adrenaline rush.
Both beginners and experienced trekkers can take home cherished memories of Manali trekking. Treks like Pin Parvati Trek challenge the trekkers for up to 12 days in the Buddhist villages of Spiti. For trekking enthusiasts, the beauty of Himalayan trails is showcased through the scenic trails of Deo Tibba Trek and Chandrakhani Pass Trek. Hampta Pass Trek and Bhrigu Lake trek offer the breathtaking vistas of snow clad mountains along with forests of oaks and cedar in the valley.
Trekkers can look forward to catching a glimpse of the most panoramic views of Manali trekking places with many easy treks as well. If you are going for a short stay, the popular treks to enjoy in Manali are Jogini Waterfall Trek, Lamadugh Trek and Bhrigu Lake trek. With varied experiences on offer, a trek in Manali is definitely a thing that adds wonder to your bucket list.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Manali
Which are the famous treks in Manali?
1. Hampta Pass Trek: Walk through the lush green meadows and glacial valleys to see the best of Kullu region in Himachal Pradesh with Hampta Pass Trek. It is a moderate level trek and offers the scenic views of snow-clad mountains through the stretch from Manali to Chandratal.
Best done during the months from June to October, Hampta Pass trek is known to enchant you with glaciers, rivulets, jagged mountains, and meadows.
2. Bhrigu Lake Trek: Starting from Gulaba, this trek takes you to a height of 14,100 feet to the beautiful Bhrigu Lake known for changing its colours and associated with the legend of Maharishi Bhrigu. It offers spectacular views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges to the trekkers.
It is a moderately difficult trek and takes you through the pristine grasslands serving as a delight for nature lovers. The best time to do Bhrigu lake trek is from the month of July to September.
3. Deo Tibba Trek: Deo Tibba Trek is a wonderful 6-day trek to see the enchanting beauty of Pir Panjal Ranges of the Himalayas. The trek offers the scintillating views of the diverse flora and fauna of the Himachal ranges. Also called Chota Chandratal Trek, Deo Tibba Trek is best done between May to October. The adrenaline pumping trek passes through the panoramic expanses of nature which boast of beautiful meadows, glaciers, pine and deodar forests, towering peaks and gurgling streams.
4. Pin Parvati Trek: It is an exhilarating trek which is best suited for experienced trekkers covering the Parvati Valley and Trans Himalayan region of Spiti. The challenging trek promises the best views of verdant forests, green meadows and a high-altitude lake. It offers varied experiences for the trekkers that includes trekking through rocks, witnessing the lush greenery of Parvati valley and hot water springs at Parvati Kund in Kheerganga.
5. Beas Kund Trek: Have fun trekking in Manali by witnessing the glittering views of Beas Kund amidst the lush green grasslands and mountains. The beginner-friendly trail offers magnificent views of Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, and Seven Sisters. It enchants you with the landscapes that comprise of lush green forests of pine, spruce, fir, oak & silver birches leading to the Chota Chandratal Lake.
6. Chandrakhani Pass Trek: Make the most of Manali trekking adventure by hiking to Chandrakhani Pass. It is known for its scenic beauty and promises the best views of Deo Tibba and Pin Parvati range of mountains. The trek takes you to a region which is called Valley of Gods and has a legend associated with it. It is of moderate difficulty and can be completed in about 2-3 days.
7. Chandratal Lake Trek: This takes you to one of the most gorgeous Manali trekking places i.e. the ChandraTal Lake in Spiti Valley. It is a moderate level trek where you can soak in the serenity of nature and get a glimpse of wildlife. The trek lasts for up to 4 days and captivates the trekkers with the wild landscapes of Ladakh.
When is the best time to visit Manali for trekking?
March to June is the best time to visit Manali. During summers weather is pleasant so you can indulge in activities such as paragliding, rafting, trekking and other adventures.
Which are the famous Summer treks in Manali?
1. Chandrakhani Pass Trek: Experience the serenity of Manali trekking places in the Kullu Valley with Chandrakhani Pass Trek at a height of 3660 m. It offers the breathtaking views of the surroundings of pine and oak forests and the glimpse of Deo Tibba, Parbati and Pir Panjal peaks.
2. Patalsu Peak Trek: Starting from Solang Village, Patalsu Peak offers one of the best experiences of trekking in Manali. This trek covers the Kullu Valley for five days and offers vistas of Hanuman Tibba, Friendship Peak and Manali Peak.
3. Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek: Have the best of Manali trekking by conquering the 6-day trail to Deo Tibba base camp from Jagatsukh in Himachal Pradesh. The spectacular trek offers the most glorious views of the wildlife and the pristine forests on the way.
4. Chandratal Baralacha La Trek: An alluring trek for 8 days, Chandratal Baralacha La Trek is your ticket for an adrenaline rush in Manali. Some of the popular sights in this trek are Bara Shigri Glacier, Baralacha Glacier, Lahaul Valley etc.
5. Hampta Pass Trek: One of the popular getaways for moderate trekking in Manali, Hampta Pass trek takes you from the verdant landscapes of Kullu valley to the cold deserts of Lahaul. The trek takes you to the scenic landscapes of pine and fur and challenges the adventure lover in you.
Which are the famous snow treks in Manali?
1. Pin Parvati Trek: One of the most challenging adventures for trekking in Manali, Pin Parvati Trek is full of beautiful landscapes and pulse racing moments. It offers the scintillating views of snow-clad peaks from the mountain region of Spiti. The difficult trek offers an adventure of a lifetime for everyone exploring the different landforms of Himachal Pradesh.
2. Bara Bhangal Trek: This difficult trail covers various breathtaking parts of Manali trekking places from snowy mountains to gurgling streams and lush green valleys and colourful meadows. It crosses three high altitude mountains passes from Kullu to Kangra Valley namely Manali Pass, Kalihani Pass and Thamsar Pass.
3. Bhubhu Pass Trek: It is a popular 2-day trek which connects Chuhar Valley to Lag Valley (Kullu). It is one of the ancient trails which offers a rejuvenating escape from the hustle and bustle of life. It offers the panoramic views of the dense forests and rocky terrains. The scintillating trek is of moderate difficulty level and reaches up to a height of 9800 feet from where one can see the best views of Manali.
4. Chandrakhani Pass Trek: Cover the most spectacular Manali trekking places with the popular low altitude trek of Chandrakhani Pass. It goes up to an elevation of 3660 metres and offers a breathtaking glimpse of rich flora and fauna on the way. It offers the gorgeous views of Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati range of mountains. The moderate level trek is a good escape from the mundanity of life.
5. Rumsu Sterling Trek: With a number of splendid attractions like Naggar Castle, Gauri Shankar Temple and Roerich Art Gallery, Rumsu Sterling Peak is one of the exotic treks of Manali. It offers snow clad landscapes towards the forest of Sterling and can be completed in about 4 days.
Which is the best one day treks near Manali?
1. Deep Forest Trek: Have a fantastic one-day getaway with trekking in Manali on the trail of Deep Forest Trek. It passes through the beautiful Himachali villages and offers a glimpse of the beautiful forests on the way and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
2. Jogini Waterfall Trek: Take home a beautiful Manali trekking experience by exploring the lush greenery gorges on the trail to Jogini Waterfall. The short trek is filled with many small rivulets and offers a memorable experience.
3. Bhrigu Lake Trek: Explore the pristine Bhrigu Lake at a height of 14,100 feet near Rohtang Pass with this short trek. It can be covered in 4 days and a perfect delight for photographers and snow lovers and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
4. Day hike from Old Manali to Mangalkot: With spectacular views of pine and deodar forests at an elevation of 3000 feet, this day hike is one of the popular trekking places in Manali. It covers the lush green forests and is moderately challenging for the trekkers.
5. Hiking From Chichoga to Hamta Valley: This popular train can be covered in 8-10 hours through the Chichoga Village in Manali. It promises the gorgeous views of snow-clad mountains and passes through the verdant forests near Jobri/Chikka.
Is it safe to do trekking in Manali?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to go for a treks in Manali. However always make sure that you are never left on your own. Understand your pace and be with the group.
Which is the best 2 day treks near Manali?
1. Lama Dugh Trek: Explore the verdant hillslopes and sparkling rivers of Himachal with Lama Dugh Trek. It covers the snowy peaks and offers the glorious views of Indrasan, Deo Tibba, as well as the Bara Shigri glacier. It is an easy trek and covers a stretch of 17 km starting from Old Manali.
2. Hampta Pass Trek: Have an adventure in the panoramic landscapes near Hampta Pass by passing through Lahaul valley in this famous trek. It also offers the impressive views of Dhauladhar Ranges. The moderate trek reaches an elevation of 14000 feet as you take a climb for upto 4 days. It explores the beautiful lush green meadows of Kullu valley and the mountainous landscapes of Lahaul Valley and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
3. Bhrigu Lake Trek: This is a famous high-altitude trek which can be done in three days with an exhilarating climb from Manali. It covers the laid-back Himachali villages and offers a glimpse of rustic life through pristine forests and green meadows. It is a moderate level trek and has the legend of Maharishi Bhrigu associated with it. The scenic trail offers vistas of Seven Sister Peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, the outstretched Pir Panjal ranges.
4. Beas Kund Trek: Take home a memorable experience of trekking in Manali with this high-altitude trek reaching a height of 3,810 meters. It offers a glimpse of the picturesque Pir Panjal range and the gorgeous lake which is the origin of Beas river. The famous trek excites the trekkers with the views of big mountains of Manali like Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, Ladakhi and Hanuman Tibba and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
Which is the highest peak in Manali?
The highest peak in Manali is the Rohtang pass route. You have to visit here by vehicle. There are number of day trips arranged to this place or you can even hire a taxi and reach here.
Which is the best short treks near Manali?
1. Lamadugh Trek: A must visit for snow lovers and bird watchers, Lamadugh trek is an exciting way to treat your soul in the gorgeous outdoors of Manali. It can be completed in a single day with a climb of almost 5 hours. It offers the most fantastic views of Manalsu Glacier, Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges along with Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba and Rohtang Pass and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
2. Bijli Mahadev Trek: Covering the beautiful stretches of Kais Wildlife Sanctuary, Bijli Mahadev Trek is a memorable experience for all the trekkers. The trek covers popular temples in Kullu Valley, Bijli Mahadev Temple nestled between the landscape of pine and deodar forests.
3. Bhrigu Trek: Reaching to a height of 14000 ft in 4-5 days, Bhrigu Lake offers an exhilarating Manali trekking experience. The beauty of this glacial lake is breathtaking and allows a wonderful getaway for both beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
4. Jogini Waterfall Trek: Treat your eyes with the enchanting sight of Jogini Waterfall and an exciting hike. This trek is a photographer’s delight as it covers vast expanses of lush greenery, cascading waterfalls for about 6 hours in a stretch of 7 kms and it is one of the best treks near Manali.
5. Prashar Lake Trek: A remarkable trekking experience for both beginners and experienced trekkers, Prashar Lake Trek. This lake is completely frozen in winter months and surrounded by the fabulous views of Dhauladhar Ranges in Kullu Valley for the trekkers.
Do we need to go in a group for trekking in Manali or can I do a solo trekking trip as well?
It is advisable to be in a group during treks but if you know directions well and know the route wherever you are headed to, you could think of trekking alone. But group treks are highly recommended as guides/leaders do this for a living and know every route taken.
What is the difficulty level of Bhrigu Lake Trek?
The famous Bhrighu lake trek is fairly easy. It is about 22 km from Manali and takes approximately 2 days to finish the trek. But you need to keep yourself fit. The fitter you are, the more enjoyable you will find the experience.
For this trip you need to be aerobically fit and also comfortable with walking up to 7 hours on some days.
Can I do the Beas Kund trek? What is special about it?
The Beas Kund trek takes you away from the hustle and bustle of Manali. Following the banks of Beas River expect great views of Pir Panjal ranges. The meadows of Dhundi & Bakar Thach are spectacular in its beauty. As you climb higher you reach the origin of River Beas.
A small glacial lake is feeded by the melting snow of the higher peaks of the region. This trek is suitable for all age groups and no trekking experience is required to do it.
How difficult is the Pin Parvati trek? How many days do we need to finish this trek?
Sceneric Pin Parvati trek is a very tough trek and therefore it is said often that this trek is only for seasoned trekkers. It is quite a long expedition – a whole 17457 feet high. If you have done high-altitude treks before and are in a really great shape physically, you can try this trek.
The thing about this trek is that anyone above 15 years of age can do it but you must have experience with high altitude trekking because Pin Parvati trek is for the serious trekkers. This will take you whole of 11 nights.
Can we do a trek to Kheer Ganga? How difficult is it?
Yes, one can positively do a trek to Kheerganga. The Kasol to Kheerganga trek is an invigorating journey, which not only unveils the stunning terrain of the Himalayas, but also gives you a chance to learn about the interesting culture of the people living here.
You will visit plenty of villages, and there will be infinite opportunities for you to click pictures with the snow-capped peaks in the background. This is a fairly easy trek.
What is special about Chanderkhani pass trek? Is it a difficult trekking option?
Trek to Chanderkhani pass base the next day through thick forests and meadows to relish the grandeur of the majestic Pir Panjal range which is at a height of 6000 meters.
Visit Dhanurdhar range, Parvati Valley and Malana valley, post to it,touch the clouds and you reach the Chanderkhani pass on the third day. This is a moderate to difficult trek.
What should I wear for trekking in Manali?
Comfy hiking shoes, or hiking boots depending on the terrain. If you’re wearing boots, then wear one pair of thin cotton socks that will absorb sweat, comfy trousers, hiking pants, or long shorts that do not cinch your waist in tightly, and which are stretchy enough to bend with you as you climb up steps or over rocks.
A cap is an essential too. This will protect you from direct sun rays and prevent you from headaches. Carry sunglasses, water bottles and a torch.
Is it safe for a solo female to trek in Manali?
For girls, trekking is extremely safe. The trekking company has highest regards for women safety and will ensure that they're safe during the entire trek. If there is only one girl in the trip, then she will be provided with a single tent to sleep alone.
If there are more girls, then they can sleep under one tent. Always make sure that you are never left on your own. Understand your pace and be with the group. It is advisable to travel in groups.