Popular Matheran Packages
Matheran Tour Packages
|2 Night 3 Days Package From Mumbai||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 9399.0|
|2 Nights 3 Days Tour Package from Pune||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 10000.0|
Matheran Holiday Packages
Matheran tours come in various forms, including day trips and overnight stays, with various activities such as sightseeing, trekking, horse riding, and more. Popular tourist destinations in Matheran include Charlotte Lake, Echo Point, Louisa Point, Monkey Point, and many more. The Matheran trip packages, with the help of experienced tour operators, 24/7 customer assistance, and a customizable itinerary provide a hassle-free and enjoyable trip.
Whether you are looking for an adventurous expedition or a relaxing getaway, Matheran has something for everyone. It can be reached by road or by the famous Neral-Matheran Toy Train, which offers a stunning view of the Western Ghats along the way. So, book your Matheran tour package now and experience the serenity and beauty of this charming hill station.
People Also Ask About Matheran Tours
Which are the famous places to visit during the Matheran tour?
Matheran Packages give you a chance to visit these popular attractions of the picturesque hill station.
1. Louisa Point- If you’re on a Matheran trip, then you should definitely visit this exclusive lookout point that offers picturesque views. You can gaze at the sky touching high mountains and Lake Charlotte from Louisa Point. This place is also called a photographer's paradise as it offers panoramic views of waterfalls, mountains, valleys, lakes, and peaks.
Location: Raigad District, Matheran, Maharashtra 410206.
2. Charlotte Lake- Another splendid spot that you must visit during the Matheran tour is Charlotte lake which offers you a peaceful time, away from the clamour of city life. Charlotte lake is situated between the densely forested area, having a dam at the first end and the Pisharnath temple at the second end. If you have reached here, then watch birds flocking over the lake and enjoy the sunset.
Location: Matheran, Maharashtra.
Planning A Trip to Lonavala ! Then You Should Checkout Lonavala Tour Packages Now!
3. Panorama Point- Panorama Point also known as Sunrise point, is one of the admired vantage points that you must visit during your Matheran vacation. This point offers a 360-degree view of Matheran, and you can stop by over here for a picnic with your friends and family members.
Location: Panorama Rd, Matheran, Maharashtra 410102.
Time Required: 1-2 hrs.
4. Prabal Fort- Your Matheran Vacation is incomplete if you don't visit Prabal fort that lies at an altitude of 2300 feet along the Western Ghats in the state of Maharashtra. This fort is one of the most beautiful forts in Maharashtra and is also ideal for trekking. It houses the idol of Lord Ganesha and is thus considered to be a spiritual landmark as well.
Location: Between Matheran & Panvel.
Timings: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Entry fee: Rs 50.
Planning a Holiday to Nashik! Checkout Our Best Selling Nashik Tour Packages Now!
5. One Tree Hill Point- Bring out your adventurous side while undertaking the Matheran tour by visiting One Tree Hill Point that is a famous trekking site. This area consists of only one tree, and no other vegetation can be found around this peak. The sight from this enthralling peak is amazing as you can see Panvel city, Chowk village, and a few more convenient spots of Matheran.
Location: Matheran, Maharashtra 410206.
Timings: 6 am for 24 hours.
Entry fee: Rs 500.
6. Lord Point- If you wish to enjoy Matheran sightseeing in the best way, then you must visit Lord Point, which consists of walking trails, lush greenery, and valleys. Motor vehicles are banned here completely so that you can relax and unwind in the pollution-free environment. You can choose a toy train ride over other travel options to reach this place while enjoying the splendid views.
Location: Matheran, Maharashtra 410206.
Timings: Monday - Friday:5:00 AM -6:00 PM.
Sketching Out a Journey to Khanadala! Then You Should Checkout Khandala Tour Packages Now!
7. Alexander Point- Alexander Point is 1.5 km from the main town and is easy to reach as it hardly has slopes and rocks along its way, making it the ideal stopover of Matheran tourism. The peak offers splendid views of Garbut Point, Palasdhari Lake, Rambaug Point, Chowk Point and Borgaon Village.
This place also has a few refreshment stalls that serve soda, fresh juice, and typical Maharashtrian snacks to satiate your hunger during Matheran Trip.
Location: Alexander Point Trail, Matheran, Maharashtra 410102.
Timings: 5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book Now: Forest Camping in Matheran
What are the best things to do on the Matheran tour?
These are some of the popular activities that you can enjoy by booking Matheran Packages.
1. Experience Divine Bliss at Ambarnath Temple: If you're looking to spend some time in the peaceful aura while nourishing your drenched faith, then Ambarnath temple should be your ideal halt. The beautiful architecture of the temple complex will leave you spellbound. It is believed that the wishes of the devotees are granted at this temple.
Location: Matheran, Maharashtra.
Timings: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
2. Satiate your Shopaholic Soul: If you enjoy shopping, then you will be glad to know that Matheran Packages give you a chance to explore the local shops along with the hilly and sloppy areas. You can purchase chikkis, leather goods, cane items, Kolhapuri chappals, dried wildflowers, etc. at a pocket-friendly rate over here.
Location: Matheran market, Maharashtra.
Planning a Trip to Panchgani! Checkout Our Best Selling Panchgani Tour Packages Now!
3. Enjoy bird watching at the Karnala Bird Sanctuary: Your Matheran sightseeing is incomplete if you don’t visit Karnala Bird Sanctuary which offers you a glimpse of a wide variety of birds. Sunrise and sunset are the best time to watch the Spotted Dove, Shikra, Common Green Pigeons, Palm Swift, Crested Larks, and Blue Breasted Barbets. Besides birds, you can also spot monkeys and wild boars over here.
Location: Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Matheran.
Timings: 7 AM-5 PM.
Entry fee: INR 35 per person.
4. Neral-Matheran Toy Train Ride: One of the best activities included in the Matheran Tour Package is opting for the Neral-Matheran Toy Train ride that offers you a picturesque view of this hill station. If you enjoy bizarre beliefs and wish to gush into the serene views of nature, then this toy train ride will definitely rejuvenate your soul.
Location: From Neral Railway Station.
Timings: 2:45 pm, 9:20 am, and 4:20 pm.
- Deluxe Saloon: Rs 1500 (A group of five people maximum),
- Second Class: Rs 45 (per Adult); Rs 30 (per Child),
- First Class: Rs 300 (per Adult); Rs 180 (per Child).
Planning a Gateway to Alibag! Then You Should Checkout Alibag Tour Packages Now!
5. Enjoy a picnic at Paymaster Picnic Spot: Paymaster is a recreational park that houses beautifully landscaped gardens, and colorful and fragrant flower beds that are a treat to ecology lovers. You can also have a picnic with your family or friends here. The serene view that this park offers will freshen your body and soul and the kids can also enjoy the swings over here.
Location: Matheran, Maharashtra-Goa.
Timings: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
6. Jungle Camping: If you’re looking for the best offbeat adventure then jungle camping at Alexander Point can be the best bet. It is surrounded by patches of lush green forests and has campsites where you can relax and unwind. You can also enjoy the bonfire and several indoor games while camping here.
Location: Alexander Point Trail, Matheran, Maharashtra 410102.
7. Explore the beauty of Porcupine Point: If you wish to have a splendid view of nature then you must plan a stopover at Porcupine Point which offers a majestic view of Prabalgad Fort and lush green valleys. It also offers a splendid view of the sunset.
Location: 2kms from Matheran railway sta tion, Maharashtra.
Sketching Out a Journey to Kolad! Then You Should Kolad Tour Packages Now!
What are the famous adventure activities to do in Matheran?
You should definitely try these adventurous activities if you're looking to experience the best of Matheran tourism.
1. Rappelling at Dodhani Waterfalls: Pace up your adventurous streak by enjoying rappelling at Dodhani Waterfalls. While opting for this activity, you can also enjoy the scenic beauty of this place. You should use strong rope and other safety equipment while opting for this activity during your Matheran trip.
Best Time: July to October.
Fee: Starting from INR 1,550 / person.
2. Enjoy trekking through Chanderi Caves: Extending up to a height of about 800 meters, Chanderi Caves is a popular trekking spot. This is known to be a moderate level trek that extends from Badlapur to Karjat. You can enjoy the picturesque landscapes while trekking through this exciting trail.
Best Time: July to October.
Fee: Starting from INR 650 / person.
Book Now: Trek To Chanderi Caves
3. Raise up your adrenaline by Rock Climbing: Apart from hiking, rappelling, and trekking, one can also opt for rock climbing over here. Ideal points for rock climbing are –Louisa Point, Alexander Point, Shivaji's Ladder, and Prabal Fort.
Best Time: October to July.
Fee: INR 600 / person.
4. Paragliding at Echo Point: Get ready to have a bird's eye view of Matheran as you take a flight from Echo Point towards Matheran Valley. While undertaking this activity you’re tied to a six-hundred-meter-long zip wire and your feet hang above the floor of the valley.
Best Time: March-April.
Fee: INR 3000.
Planning A Honeymoon To Lonavala! Then You Should Checkout Lonavala Honeymoon Packages Now!
How can I reach Matheran?
These are the following options to reach Matheran.
- By Air: Mumbai and Pune are the closest airports to Matheran. Once you reach the airport, you can take a bus or taxi that will drop you at Matheran.
- By Train: Neral (21kms) is the closest railway station to Matheran. From Mumbai, you can board Deccan Express, and from Pune, you can board Sahyadri Express; both run every day.
- Road/Self Drive: Many State Transport buses go from Pune and Mumbai to Matheran. However, one can go in their own car also to Matheran.
What is special about Matheran?Matheran is a picturesque hill station that has numerous viewing points that offer the most stunning views. The fact that makes Matheran special is that no motor vehicle is permitted inside the town. Another unique and most interesting thing that has spiked Matheran tourism is that you can enjoy the Toy Train ride here.
Which are the best homestays in Matheran?
Here is the list of the most comfortable homestays in Matheran where you can opt to stay by booking the Matheran tour package.
1. Luxury Colonial Homestay:
With beautiful interiors, five bedrooms, and amazing surroundings, this restored colonial bungalow set in the heart of Matheran is a luxury gateway for large groups and families. This homestay allows pets, has a well-equipped kitchen, and free parking area.
Price: INR 4,500 / person and INR 44,995 / night.
Getting Here: After reaching Matheran, you can reach the bungalow either on horseback or cart.
2. Parsi Manor:
This colonial bungalow is well equipped with vintage wooden furniture and modern amenities like a gym and in house restaurant. This homestay has a well-equipped kitchen and provides delectable breakfast.
Price: INR 4,900 / night.
Getting Here: Situated 10 minutes away from Charlotte Lake, Parsi Manor can be reached on foot or via a hand-pulled rickshaw.
3. Regency Stay in A Beautiful Estate:
This is a boutique hotel with a swimming pool, a lush green lawn, and elegant rooms. This hotel provides fully serviced air-conditioned rooms, Wi-Fi, and free parking on-premises.
Price: INR 6,595 / night.
Getting Here: One can park their vehicle in Dasturi Car Parking, and then hire a porter or horse to trek up to the property. It approximately takes 30 minutes.
4. Non AC in Nature Theme Setting:
With vibrant rooms, huge windows, and a rustic theme, this is the best homestay for family, honeymooners, and backpackers. It provides free parking, Wi-Fi, and has space to organize events for more than 25 people.
Price: INR 3,620 / night.
Getting Here: One can reach the homestay via Dasturi Car Parking through a foot or on horseback.
Which are the best day trekking tours in Matheran?
Matheran is a paradise for adventure seekers. The cool climate and plenty of trekking spots add to the adventure of trekking. People can indulge in day trekking in Metharan to various places in the vicinity and enjoy the breathtaking views of the landscape. Trekking is an activity in Matheran that will be richly rewarding, especially for nature lovers, and more so just after the monsoons when wildflowers are in full bloom with their attendant butterflies. The best day trekking tours can be enjoyed to the following places in Matheran.1. Karnala Fort
2. Chanderi Caves
3. Louisa Point
4. Echo Point
5. One Tree Hill
What kind of nightlife can I experience in Matheran?
The Matheran tour package gives you a glimpse of the fast-paced nightlife scene by offering you some splendid experiences.
1. Nighttime Dining: There are many great hangout places in the city of Matheran like Garden View and Hookahs and Tikkas that are always sprawling with youngsters. They specialize in offering the best kebabs and hookah and a wide range of tasty drinks.
2. Bars: There are many lively bars in Matheran like Prabhat Bar and Pramod Bar that have a scintillating dance floor that remains packed with a top-notch crowd. These bars also serve the best quality drinks and food and also organize live performances.
3. Catch up on the Late Night Shows: There are many movie theaters in Matheran like Sarvoday theatre and Mahesh Cinema where you can enjoy your favorite movie at the wee hours with your loved ones. The comfy chairs and huge screen will make your movie watching an experience of a lifetime during your Matheran tour.
Planning a Trip To Silvassa! Then You Should Checkout Silvassa Packages Now!
What are the best places to visit in Matheran with family?
1. Charlotte Lake: Charlotte Lake is among the most breathtaking attractions in Matheran. It is formed by a dam that overflows when it rains, creating a pristine little waterfall and a shimmering lake in the monsoon. A trip to the striking lake is also included in Matheran family packages, where visitors get a picturesque view of Charlotte Lake. It extends with a dam at one end and the Pisharnath temple at the other, situated amidst a heavily wooded environment. Additionally, one can observe Matheran's well-known lookout points, Echo Point and Louisa Point, from the lake. You can take a plethora of photos here and enjoy a blissful day here.
Location: This striking lake is located only a short walk from the main market area.
2. Louisa Point: Matheran's family tour packages include a trip to the stunning Louisa Point which offers you panoramic views of the western ghats. On a clear day, head to Louisa Point to take in the breathtaking views over the city and the ruins of Prabal and Vishalgad forts. Sunset is the most ideal time to visit Louisa Point, to truly admire the beauty that it offers. Overlooking a plethora of sights including historic old forts, chattering waterfalls, and blooming lake gardens, it offers a magnificent view like no other.
Location: This point is only 1.5 km away from the main market area.
3. Irshalgad Fort: The name Irshalgad is in fact not a fort but a point. The Matheran family packages offer a trek to the Irshalgad fort, which is situated 3700 feet above sea level. The fort trek grade is difficult, and the trek begins in Base Village Irshalgad. It will take one hour from Irshalwadi village to reach the fort. Visitors can trek through the beautiful vibrant greenery and admire the surrounding scenery. A trek to this fort offers a challenging climb to this place, and thus is loved by experienced trekkers.
Location: Irshalgad is located near Kandivali Village in Khalapur Taluka of Raigad district in Maharashtra, India.
Planning A Vacation To Ganpatipule! Then You Should Checkout Ganpatipule Tour Packages Now!
4. One Tree Hill Point: One Tree Hill Point got its name since there is just grass surrounding it and is the only tree perching directly on top of the peak. This vantage point offers a truly breathtaking perspective over Matheran, with views of Karjat, the Mumbai–Pune motorway, Panvel City and Chowk Village among others. Visitors can enjoy the astonishing view and take plenty of vibrant pictures to add to their collection, making it a perfect place for a family day out.
Location: One Tree Hill Point is almost 4 km away from the marketplace, it takes around an hour to walk up to this place.
5. Matheran Market: Matheran market is quite famous for its Kolhapuri-style chappals and shoes. It is a must to get a pair of shoes when you visit the location, as not only are they cheap, but they are also of high quality. People who have a sweet tooth can snack on Chikki. Made from jaggery and honey, it’s a savoury food to have. While you go on exploring the place more, you’ll find markets for belts, purses, and even its famous Bhagyashree bags.
What are the essential items that one must pack while travelling to Matheran?
If you are going to Matheran, these are the essential items that you must pack.
- Carry a rainproof light jacket and wear comfortable shoes/sneakers.
- Carry dark-coloured clothes as it won't get muddy and stained easily.
- If you plan to trek, carry a backpack with essentials such as medicines, water bottles, energy drinks, rainproof light jackets, extra pair of clothes in case it rains.
- It might get a little sunny during the days, so carry an umbrella/sunblock to enjoy Matheran sightseeing in the best way.
- Since Matheran is a vehicle-free zone and the transport mode is horseback or walking, invest in a good pair of shoes as slippers/sandals might get clumsy.
Vikatgad Peb Fort is located on the Matheran Hill Range, about 2,100 feet above sea level. It is a popular trekking spot for those seeking an adventurous trail. It is continuous to other forts of the Matheran Hill Range along with Malang Gad, Tauli Hill, and Chanderi Fort.Being close to the major cities of Pune and Mumbai, with a well-connected railway system, attracts trekkers from both the cities, mostly on weekends. Not much is known about the fort, and most of it is in ruins due to a supposed battle that took place in the 19th century.However, it was a storage for food grains and ammunition and was also visited by the British Captain Dickinson in 1818. The two entrances to the fort are in ruins. There are still traces of the idols of Lord Hanuman within its periphery. The approximate time required to visit all the palaces in the fort is 1 hour.