Camping Places in MaharashtraKarnala, Alibaug, Pawna Lake, Bhandardara, Kundalika, Lonavala, Lohagadh, Velhe, Igatpuri, Panchgani, Vaitarna, Kashid and more.
When the bustling life of the city gets exhausting all you need to do is go camping in Maharashtra. Take a break and spend time in an idyllic refuge that is surrounded by lofty mountains, and lakes. Pavana is a super popular camping site in Maharashtra that lets you spend a starry night on the Pavana Dam’s banks with loads of laughter, few drinks and a sizzling barbecue.
Set on the Kundalika River’s banks, Kolad in Maharashtra is the perfect campsite that will entice you with its picturesque panorama. Here you can indulge in exciting pursuits like water rafting, boating, and kayaking. The Gorakhgad Fort is another one of the enthralling camping places in Maharashtra that lets you camp in a cave.
Ditching the traditional way of camping, a cave camping here is enchanting as you explore the vicinity of the 100-year old fort. Thus, what are you waiting for? Pack tour backpacks and set out for an adventure in the green escapes of nature. Enjoy hours of uninterrupted fun by spending the nights in a gazebo, tent or cottage sitting in a basin, encircled by rolling hills on all sides. Camp at any of the following places in Maharashtra and explore a new way of enjoying weekends with your partner, friends or family.
Newly Added Maharashtra Experience
03 January 2021
Bikram Prasad Bhandardara Camping | Book Lakeside Camping @ ₹1099 Only
We were 5 people and went on the next day of Christmas. It was the best experience so far in lake side camping. The staff namely Ramrao Rathod and Baldeo were very much helpful. He alloted our tents. Tents were clean and bedsheets and woolen blanket were provided. After checkin we had our evening snacks which was Tea and Maggi. We went back to our tents. Ramrao fired up bonfire around 7. We sat around and after an hour he brought kebab sticks for BBQ. The weather was very good. Got to see both sunset and sunrise. The food was great. Veg and Non Veg both options were provided. Lightning was dim which was just perfect. Can't get better. We danced till 12 am midnight. Went to the lake in evening. Clicked some great photos. The trip was memorable and will surely visit next year in winter season.
19 February 2019
Preeti Wankhede Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ ₹ 900 Only!
It was my husband bday and I wanted to give surprise to him and whole family .. As my mother in law and father in law was with me I was really scared how the place will be will they be comfortable but Mr Anirudh gave me surety that visit once and sees the experience he gave me the number of host who is really awesome she made all the arrangement I request her for decoration & cake . As soon as I reached there she welcome whole my family with warm-hearted and arrangement. Tents were neat and clean, she made my family and me so comfortable she explained about the place in detail then we went to sunset it was really beautiful and feel peace to see that, as soon as we Came back evening snacks was ready Taste was awesome and it was unlimited. Barbeque with born fire was really pleasant with cold weather .. my family really enjoyed and especially I want to thank camp manager she really made them feel comfortable and it was Home away from home.
22 July 2019
VAIBHAV SOLANKI Lakeside Camping Jhadhavwadi Lake, Book @ ₹861 Only!
Place: The scenery there is really breathtaking. All the hills and the lake view is amazing. The place makes you stay there for life long. If you really want a peaceful, beautiful and close to nature place then this place should be on your bucket list. Hospitality: The host Rahul Slave was really humble and a cheerful person to talk. They will try to give their best by providing all kind of basic needs and anything you could ask for at such a remote place. Food: The starters are really amazing. I enjoyed the food as a non-vegetarian. I was really impressed with the tea and poha breakfast. I recommend you to try the breakfast. Activities: They have multiple activities including DJ, Bone Fire, Cricket, Archery, Boating, Badminton, Karaoke etc.
"So was too much frustrated, wanted some break, we thought of going this place, we started on Saturday booked train from Mumbai to Lonavala then from Lonavala to Kamshet via train then we got share tempo traveller there he took around some 350 rs for two of us, we reached there, it was a awesome experience, where you get in touch with nature, tents, barbeque, bonfire, little board games carrom, chess, badminton other things just enjoyed that time with my life partner, you must visit this place, travelling is hell but it's worth, it's best for couples, family, friends, team activity.. thanks to Anil and team they are very co-ordinating, helping, kind and very generous, just a big thanks from both of us for making our journey this splendid."
23 August 2019
Suday Arekar Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ ₹ 900 Only!
Amazing Experience. We booked the Pawna Camping on Thrillophilia at discounted rates. We visited the place during rainy season in the month of August, and yet the experience was mesmerizing. The tents were neat and clean with blankets and bedsheets provided. The food was unlimited and okay for both Veg and Non-Veg, with the barbeque being the standout performer. Kanda-Bhajjis and Tea was also unlimited. While travelling to Pawna, prefer the Kamshet road via the expressway, as it is better and fast. Our tour operator for Pawna was Amol Karke and team. They were very friendly and helpful, and were always ready to help on WhatsApp and phone calls. Thank you Thrillophilia.
"One of the best Camp I have ever witnessed, best arrangment with best food, Trip organizer - Subham was very professional and approachable. "
"Excellent host, good food... "
02 March 2021
Excellent trek. Organised well
27 February 2021
"Outstanding experience . Well done by organizer service . Mr Santosh eknath konde . Nice view peace full place."
People Also Ask About Camping in Maharashtra
Which are the best camping places in Maharashtra?1. Karnala: If you are longing for a break then have your senses rejuvenated at the Karnala campsite. Here you get to spend your precious moments with nature and fall deeply in love with the dense vegetation and lush green grass.
You spend your time swimming in the nearby lake, stargazing, and enjoying an acoustic musical night before a special campfire. While camping here you also enjoy activities like sunrise trek, firewood cooking, night forest trails, and board games.
Price: Starting from INR 2000 onwards
2. Alibaug: Camp away on a secluded piece of coastline and witness the stunning views of the sea beach in Alibaug. This amazing getaway located a few kilometers away from Mumbai is a quaint little town known for its multiple beaches and beautiful sunsets. Feel the refreshing cool breeze that blows in the evening, listen to the sound of the waves and spend the night enjoying a scrumptious barbecue.
Price: Starting from INR 1399 per person
3. Pawna Lake: Take part in adventurous escape by packing your backpacks and heading to the camping ground of Pawna Lake. You will forget all hassles of life as you explore the green hills, the lake and the nature around. Located 120 kilometers away from Mumbai, this lakeside camping site lets you spend a gala time gazing at the starry night sky while you make the most of a musical bonfire.
Price: Starting from INR 1499 per person
4. Bhandardara: The Bhandardara lake camping is favored by most adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. Nestled amidst the Western Ghats, thus camp is the perfect getaway where you get to stay in nature’s lap, explore the natural beauty of the place and indulge in a multitude of activities. These include kayaking, fishing, archery, rifle shooting and bonfire in the dark.
Price: Starting from INR 1099 per person
5. Kundalika: Located just a couple of hours’ drive from Mumbai, the campsite of Kundalika is one of the perfect sites for anyone willing to get lost in the green escapes of nature. Ask any Mumbaikar and they will tell how this site is their preferred hotspot to escape the city’s mad rush.
This camp gives you the rare opportunity to engage yourself in a plethora of adventure activities that include banana boating, river crossing, bumper ride, kayaking, and jet skiing. Munch on yummy snacks and relish on a delicious dinner before you call it a night at Kundalika.
Price: Starting from INR 2549 per person
6. Lonavala: One of the perfect forest camping places in Maharashtra has to be Lonavala. This famous spot for tourists is known for the divine Kune Falls, and the lush greenery that rejuvenates your soul when you stay in the camps here.
Choose lakeside camping here or erect camps somewhere between the forests. Here you experience comfort staying in the cozy tents fitted with blankets, pillows and mattresses. During the camping sesh you enjoy soothing activities like bird watching, nature trail, trekking and night jungle trail besides various team bonding activities.
Price: Starting from INR 1500 per person
7. Velhe: Rejoice in the lap of nature and get up close and personal with the surrounding mountains and rivers at the Velhe camp. Experience the best of camping as you walk amid nature, fish, gaze at the stars and set out for a trek on one of the happening camping places in Maharashtra.
All the camping tents assure you a cozy night as they come along with pillows and mattresses. Enjoy a stroll along the rivulet, rappel down a natural cliff and enjoy a session of a musical bonfire.
Price: Starting from INR 904 per person
8. Lohagad: Enjoy some cool nature vibes at one of the most adventurous camping places in Maharashtra. The Lohagad camping lets you enjoy the exotic location with your loved ones through a bonfire session. You spend the nights at dome tents fitted with comfortable bedding and learn about ways to pitch tents.
During your camping session you get to savor snacks, and are served delicious dinner meals. This campsite gives you the opportunity to make the most of nature exploration and escapade in the Lohagad valley.
Price: Starting from INR 905 per person
9. Igatpuri: Perched in the Western Ghats, Igatpuri is one of the stunning camping places in Maharashtra. Here you get to spend an ideal weekend amidst splendid natural beauty and gorgeous flora and fauna. The camps are set very near the lake and you enjoy your time witnessing peaceful sunsets, gazing at the stars, nature’s majestic views, and chirping of the birds.
Camping at Igatpuri guarantees you a gala time as you spend the night with fun games, bonfire and live music.
Price: Starting from INR 1099 per person
10. Vaitarna: Enjoy the best of both worlds by the Vaitarna lakeside with live music and riverside camping in Maharashtra. You get to enjoy live acoustic performances with nature’s backdrop, chill with buddies and play games, all in the evening.
You spend your time at the Vaitarna camping sight freshening up, exploring and spending the night in tents perched amidst greenery. This campsite has constructed western washrooms and all basic facilities. Besides evening snacks you also try your hand at DIY barbecue here.
Price: Starting from INR 1520 per person
11. Panchgani: Located in the vicinity of Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani is a place of summer camping in Maharashtra that is bundled with thrilling pursuits. Away from the city’s hustle bustle you spend your time enjoying the lush green beauty here, and stay in cozy and spacious tents filled with blankets, pillows and mattresses.
During your stay you enjoy a combination of activities that include rock climbing, rappelling, trekking, trust track, zip lining, commando crossing and Burma Bridge. The night is spent gazing at the stars and humming to the music played before a warm bonfire.
Price: Starting from INR 4950
Which are the best places for beach camping in Maharashtra?1. Kelva: Welcome the weekend with open arms by spending a movie night and camping under a starlit sky at the Kelva beach camping in Maharashtra. Here, you take dips into the sea, enjoy mesmerizing sunsets, laze around on hammocks, play games and settle into your tents at night.
2. Revdanda: When you go camping in Maharashtra, the Revdanda beach side camp lets you enjoy the sight of soft soaring waves crashing against the beach. You spend your time, sunbathing, chilling out on the hammocks, and indulging in a host of water sports like Frisbee, and beach volleyball. The night here is all about lighting up a bonfire, and enjoying barbecue food under a starlit sky.
3. Kashid: Make the most of an offbeat and hippie experience during the Kashid beach camping in Maharashtra. This camp rejuvenates and relaxes your mind, soul and body as you participate in badminton, cricket and volleyball games. Sit by the warm bonfire and enjoy a musical night at Kashid beach.
4. Alibaug: Enjoy Alibaug’s mesmerizing sunsets, refreshing cool breeze, bonfire and barbecue under the open sky when you go camping in Maharashtra. You spend the night in cushioned tents and sit on the sand gazing at the stars.
5. Savane Dapoli: For a refreshing getaway during the weekend, head to Daoli at the Savane Beach. On reaching this site for camping in Maharashtra you are welcomed with high-tea on arrival. Have a whale of a time with your loved ones enjoy movies, music and bonfire by the beach as you spend the night having a wide spread of buffet dinner.
6. Near Palghar: Situated 109 kilometers away from Mumbai Palghar is an ideal place for beach-side camping in Maharashtra. Here you welcome the morning with the sight of a beautiful sunrise and enjoy delicious meals with stunning views of the sea. You can enjoy activities like horse riding and archery besides a musical bonfire sesh at night.
What facilities will I get while camping in Maharashtra?- Washroom facilities
- RO water
- Evening snacks
- Non-vegetarian dinner
- Vegetarian dinner
- Barbecue snacks
- Board games that include chess and carrom
- Music system
- Tent for two people including mattress, blanket
- Basic First Aid
- Adventure equipment
What activities can we do while Camping in Maharashtra?- White water rafting
- Guns for target shooting
- River Crossing
- Banana Ride
- Bumper ride
- Bungee jumping
- Outdoor games
- Board games
- Bonfire games
- Indoor activities
- Bird watching
- Nature Trail
- Team bonding activities
- Live Unplugged Music Hour
What things should I carry while going camping in Maharashtra?Reaching some of the camping places in Maharashtra can be challenging as they are located in remote stations miles away from the city. Hence, it is vital to carry lightweight water bottles, first-aid-kit, flashlights, comfortable pair of shoes, mosquito repellants, and rain coats. The other things that you must carry include sleeping bags, a knife, medicines, sanitizers, sun-protecting lotions and a waterproof backpack.
What is the best time for camping in Maharashtra?The camping places in Maharashtra are accessible throughout the year which means that you can visit them in all the seasons. However, since most of these places are encompassed by shimmering lakes and lofty hills, monsoon can be the best season.
Every year special summer, winter and monsoon camps are arranged. For instance: you can go to Kashid for a summer camp, Amboli for the monsoon camp and Lonavala for the winter camp.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping in Maharashtra?Yes, it is absolutely safe for a solo female to go camping in Maharashtra as there are several women trekking and solo camp organizers. For instance, a group called “Mumbai Travelers” arranges camp to Kalavantin trek only for women. Plus, the other sites of camping are also safe as your camp organizer will take care of all safety measures.
Will food and safe drinking water be provided during camping?Yes, food and safe drinking water be provided when you go camping in Maharashtra. In fact, the Pawna camping site provides refreshments and RO water as a part of the package.
Is it safe to camp in Maharashtra during monsoon?Yes, it is absolutely safe to go camping in Maharashtra as the rains in no way hinder your vacation. Many special monsoon camps are treks organized keeping the rain in mind. All of these monsoon camps have special amenities and adhere to the safety protocols.
Luxury Deals in Maharashtra Group Departure in Maharashtra Day Outs in Maharashtra Villas in Maharashtra In City in Maharashtra Sightseeing in Maharashtra Multi Day Tours in Maharashtra Resort Day Outs in Maharashtra Private Tours in Maharashtra Family Tours in Maharashtra Nature Camping in Maharashtra Local Experiences in Maharashtra Water Sports in Maharashtra Day Tours in Maharashtra Transfers in Maharashtra Private Tour in Maharashtra Weekend Tours in Maharashtra Moderate Treks in Maharashtra Lake Side Camping in Maharashtra Off-beat Camping in Maharashtra Romantic Experiences in Maharashtra Rafting in Maharashtra Attractions in Maharashtra Beachside Camping in Maharashtra Hilltop Camping in Maharashtra Beachside Stays in Maharashtra Workation in Maharashtra Riverside Camping in Maharashtra Budget Camping in Maharashtra Cycling in Maharashtra Rappelling in Maharashtra Nature and Wildlife in Maharashtra Entertainment Zones in Maharashtra Glamorous Camping in Maharashtra Kayaking in Maharashtra Bungee jumping in Maharashtra Scuba Diving in Maharashtra Corporate Team Outings in Maharashtra Wildlife Tours in Maharashtra Paintball in Maharashtra Helicopter Ride in Maharashtra Parasailing in Maharashtra Shopping Tours in Maharashtra Adventure Tours in Maharashtra Theme Parks in Maharashtra Day Outbounds in Maharashtra Biking in Maharashtra Jeep Safari in Maharashtra Hot Air Ballooning in Maharashtra Overnight Programs in Maharashtra Skydiving in Maharashtra Fishing in Maharashtra Nightlife in Maharashtra Zip-lining in Maharashtra Paragliding in Maharashtra Jungle Camping in Maharashtra Boating in Maharashtra Luxury in Maharashtra Wildlife in Maharashtra Honeymoon Tours in Maharashtra