Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Camp Amidst Oak Trees in Dhanaulti near Mussoorie
Camping near Mussoorie | Book Now & Get Cashback of ₹400
Camping with Swimming Pool near Mussoorie Flat 20% off
Trekking and Camping in Mussoorie, Book @ Flat 39% off
Village Camping near Mussoorie Flat 45% off
Cottage Stay Amidst Oak Trees in Mussoorie
Mountain Lodge Stay Flat 39% off
Holiday Homestay in Mussoorie | Flat 24% off
Budget Homestay near Bhatta Falls, Mussoorie
Nag Tibba Trek with Camping | Book Now @ 20% off
Kedarkantha Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Book @ ₹6,990 Only
Har Ki Dun Trek, Uttarakhand 2020 | Flat 22% off
Chandrashila Trek with Chopta Tungnath @ Flat 29% off
Kuari Pass Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Upto 30% off
Brahmatal Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Flat 25% off
Dayara Bugyal Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Flat 16% off
Chopta Chandrashila Trek, Uttarakhand
Known as the ‘Queen of the Hill Stations’, Mussoorie is situated in the foothills of the Himalayas and was discovered by Captain Young in the 18th century. It serves as a perfect getaway to escape from the heat of Delhi summers and is located at an altitude of 2000m above sea level. Mussoorie has its emerald hills enveloped in thick, rich greenery and attracts tourists from all over the country! You can explore the quaint marketplaces in Mussoorie and sightsee some of the popular landmarks in the area such as Landour Bazaar, Lal Tibba, Chaar Dukkan, Gun Hill, the Mussoorie Library and the Savoy Hotel.
Mussoorie is undoubtedly one of the best hill stations in the country. Home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in Uttarakhand, Mussoorie offers the most enchanting panoramic view of the Shivalik Ranges and the Doon Valley.
Distance from Delhi: 270km
Best time to visit: March to June and September to November
Attractions: Gun Hill, Waterfalls, Lakes, Benog Wildlife sanctuary, Tibetan Buddhist temple, Sir George Everest's House and Nag Devta Temple
Activities: Trekking, Nature Walks, Bird Watching, Boating, Ropeway Rides and Temple Visits
Housed inside the Benog Mountan
Quail Sanctuary in Mussoorie, the trek on Benog Hill is off the beaten track.
Ridden with steep slopes, the mountainous terrain is also dotted with camping
sites. So, if bonfire with friends is on your mind, the Benog Tibba trek will
leave you spellbound. The adventure trail also passes in the vicinity of Kempty
Falls, one of Mussoorie’s better-known waterfalls. The northern face of Benog
Tibba is home to ‘Ghoral’—a rare mountain goat on the verge of extinction. The
forest grows denser with ascent, and offers stunning panoramic vistas. The
trails running across pose sufficient challenges, with difficulty levels
ranging from easy to moderate. The months between October and April are
pleasant, with the snowfall over pines adding a mystical touch.
Distance from Delhi: 300 Kilometers
Nearest Railhead: Balawala Railway Station Junction
Besides the regular fare of extremely picturesque mountain-views, the Bhadraj trekking trail leads you into contrasting landscapes. While the northern slopes are carpeted with dense forests, vast grasslands are characteristic of the southern slopes. The Milkman’s Trail is highly used by trekking enthusiasts, and the best season to visit is post-monsoon—although it’s open throughout the year. Bhadraj Hill provides much-needed respite from Delhi’s insolent summer sun, and is of moderate difficulty.
Distance from Delhi: 332 Kilometers approximately
Nearest Railhead: Dehradun Railway Station
Most Popular Places Around Mussoorie
More Things to do in Mussoorie
Listings in Mussoorie
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
Here are some of the best places to visit in Mussoorie at night:
1. Mall road: Mall road happens to be one the most crowded streets in Mussoorie as it is home to numerous stores that deal with all kinds of goods. You can go for your shopping errands with your loved ones in the evening hours.
2. Lake Mist: It is one of the best places for a long evening walk with your beloved partner. You can also take part in a number of activities like boating, and savouring local delicacies.
3. George Everest House: Located at a distance of 6 km from Gandhi Chowk, this place lets you get a sneak peek into the life of great George Everest.
If you are a wanderlust soul who is in a dire need of a change from your routine, the places to visit near Mussoorie are perfect for an enchanting getaway experience in the foothills of the Himalayas.
1. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is a land where spirituality meets divinity
2. Nag Tibba Trek: This place is a delight for the trekkers and adventure loving people.
3. Dehradun: It is a place surrounded by spectacular idyllic views and a pleasant climate
4. Dhanaulti: Due to its lush green meadows and alpine forests, Dhanaulti is an ideal location to spend some days to replenish yourself.
5. Kanatal: Kanatal is filled with mesmerizing scenic beauty and is blessed with different kinds of wildflowers that adorn it beautifully.
6. Bhatta Falls: The white frothy water falling from the mountains makes it an enjoyable place for the tourists visiting it quite often.
7. Chamba: Chamba’s heritage includes fine temple architecture, beautiful miniature paintings and exquisite embroidered Chamba Rumals.
8. Haridwar: Haridwar is considered as an entry point to Dev Bhoomi and Char Dham.
The best time to visit Mussoorie is between March to June. Being a hill station, the weather remains pleasantly cool during these summer months.
With temperatures ranging between 15-25°C, it offers not only an escape from the uncomfortable summers but is also the best time to be outdoors. However, if you are interested in snow trekking, skiing, and enjoying a snowfall, you should visit between October-February.
Here are some of the most romantic things to do in Mussoorie:
1. Boating at Mussoorie Lake: You can spend some time boating in the calm waters of Mussoorie Lake with your beloved and overlook some of the amazing sceneries.
2. Visit the company garden: It is one of the most iconic places to visit in Mussoorie. You can come over to this place with your beloved partner and capture some amazing moments in the middle of a variety of flowers.
3. Try out adventure at the Mussoorie adventure park: If you love adventure sports, then you can surely visit the Mussoorie adventure park and take part in any of the adventure events with your partner.
4. Disco Skating Rink: This would surely be one of the most unique things that you can try out with your partner in Mussoorie. Get onto the wheels and then roll against the surreal environs.
Wondering what to do Mussoorie? Presenting to you our list of the best things to do in Mussoorie for your holiday.
1. Explore Mountain Biking: Mountain Biking and cycling can be great ways to explore the towns and villages that fringe the foothills of the Himalayas.
2. Paragliding At Solan: Feel light as a feather and float in mid-air as you avail paragliding in the fetching at Solan.
3. Nag Tibba Trek With Camping: Nag Tibba trek or the trek to the Serpent’s Peak is a wonderful delight for adventure lovers.
4. Tasty Treats And Food Tour: A blend of a number of flavours from around the region, this food tour will take you to all the great places to eat in Mussoorie.
5. Stroll at Haunted Lambi Dehar Mines: This walking tour of a haunted section of mines in the hills of Mussoorie will leave you spellbound by the horror stories.
6. Rock Climbing And Rappelling: Mussoorie is one of the popular hill station destinations in India for adventure sports, especially in the northern part of the country
A place that is referred to as ‘The Queen of Hill’ needs no further introduction. Located in the Garhwal Himalayan range, it is bestowed with the choicest bounties of nature.
Dotted with the mysticism of deodar-lined mountains, lush green meadows & valleys, waterfalls, and lakes all enveloped in serenity. Magnificent Victorian landmarks and colonial influence further accentuate the beauty of Mussoorie.
Take a glance at these amazing resorts which offer a plush of world-class amenities and promise to make your stay devoid of any complaints. Explore Now!
1. JW Marriott Mussoorie
2. Walnut Grove Resort & Spa
3. Club Mahindra
4. Fortune Resort Grace
5. Green 'N' Breez Resorts
6. Avalon Ayurveda Resort
7. Brent Wood Resort
8. Avalon Resorts
9. Classic Fall Resort
Mussoorie receives moderate to heavy snowfall between Mid-December to February. This is the time when the mountains, valleys, and the city roads get covered in pristinely beautiful sheaths of white.
Large numbers of people visit Mussoorie to see snowfall during this period. Snowfall at times results in road blocking and diversions, which should be kept in mind before heading outdoors.
Since the top attractions in Mussoorie are easily accessible and not very far-off from each other, the place can be easily explored in 2-3 days.
You can visit beautiful spots like Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, which is the highest peak here, Camel’s Back Road, Gun Hill, and architectural landmarks like Jwalaji Temple, Christ Church, and Tibetan Monastery at Happy Valley.
A trip to Mussoorie is incomplete without scouring its charming markets and their old-world charm. Visit the Tibetan Market located on Mall Road to pick up Buddhist prayer wheels, jewellery, artworks, and hand-woven woollens. Visit Library Bazaar to pick up Chinese artifacts, woollen & silk stoles & scarves, and electronics.
There are some old bookshops here which store rare editions of popular titles. Kulri Bazaar is famous for footwear, apparel, and Himachali handicrafts. One of the most famous places to shop is the Classic Emporium. Art connoisseurs can pick up genuine Tibetan statues, Victorian furniture, stone-studded jewellery, rugs, and artefacts.
Since a major portion of its economy depends on tourism, the tourists are made to feel comfortable by the friendly and helpful locals.
While all the public places are well-lit, being a hilly region, the streets empty around 9:00 pm. One should avoid being alone outdoors at that time. Also, the winding hilly roads can get confusing at times. It is advisable to keep company while travelling.
Day 1: During the daytime visit the nearby attractions like Kempty Falls, Happy Valley, Camel’s Back Road.
See the local bazaars like Mall Road and Library Bazaar light up during the evenings and soak in the sounds and flavours of the place.
Day 2: Start early to visit attractions like Lal Tibba, which is the highest peak in the region. See the scenic cliffside location of George Everest’s house. Visit the serene and misty Company Bagh. Enjoy a cable car ride at Gun Hill. On the way back, visit Christ Church, Soham Heritage Center, and Hathipaon.
Mussoorie is one of the best places for couples to enjoy their time together. This serene Himalayan region is dotted with blooming valleys, dense pine forests covered mountains, waterfalls, lakes, and great eating places.
The place promises amazing experiences and romance that is accompanied by the quiet solitude of mountains. Couples can indulge in exciting activities like trekking, paragliding, fishing, etc. There are charming markets to shop for local fare. Visit the amazing dining places to have a romantic dinner or snack on authentic Tibetan foods.
How special Mussoorie is can be judged by its popular name ‘The Queen of Hills’! This calm and serene place lapped amidst lower Himalayan ranges has numerous enchanting attractions.
Dotted with lakes, waterfalls, and nature trails it offers an escape into nature like no place else. The architecture is an enthralling mix of Victorian and Tibetan influences. There are ancient churches, temples, and monasteries standing as testaments to the unique beauty of this place.
By Road: Located at a distance of 288 kilometres from Delhi, Mussoorie is easily reachable via road, air, and trains. Self-driving takes around 7 hours. There are plenty of buses ranging from deluxe Volvos to state-run ones plying every day from Anand Vihar ISBT and Kashmere Gate ISBT.
By Train: A number of trains like Mussoorie Express and Jan Shatabdi Express connect Delhi to Mussoorie. The journey takes around 5-6 hours. By Air: There are several daily flights also that you can choose from. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant at Dehradun, 54 kilometres from Mussoorie. Regular cabs ply between these two places.
This amazing spot has been created to let travellers experience the natural beauty of Mussoorie even more. This lake offers breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks and lush Doon valley. In fact, it is so beautiful that no one can guess that this lake is man-made.
The calm waterside surrounded by slopes of pine & deodar trees is an enchanting sight. You can take a quiet walk alongside the banks of the lake. Spend time boating in the calm waters and soaking in the views. The lake is a great vantage point to see the magnificent mountainside sunrise and sunset. The place is perfect for a daylong get away from the noise of the busier streets.