- Nestled in the South of Ibiza, Formentera is a mini Island in Spain famously known for nude sunbathing.
- This iconic destination features white beaches, which adds more to the beauty.
- It is the most preferred choice for people who love to stay under the sun amidst nature and lush greenery.
- The best time to explore Formentera is between July and August, as the sun is out, offering the best golden hours of the year.
- Additionally, if you love to click pictures to spice up your Instagram feed, this destination does it all!
Location - Formentera is situated around 6 km away from Ibiza in the Mediterranean sea.
How to reach: By ferry - To visit Formentera, you can take a boat ride from Ibiza and reach the destination within 30 minutes.
- Known to be Spain’s largest Island, Majorca features magnificent beaches and luxury resorts that promise breathtaking scenery and leads to never-ending tourism.
- These beaches are lined by palm trees and crystal clear water offering a tranquil view of the surroundings.
- One can choose to relax, party, or indulge in several adventurous activities held by the beach.
- You can plan your trip to Majorca during the annual Jazz Festival when the place is most crowded.
Location - Majorca is situated in the Mediterranean sea.
How to reach: By air - The best way to reach Majorca is by flying from Spain’s major cities, such as Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia. It is a 1-2 hour flight.
- Are you someone who cannot pick one between beaches and mountains? A tour to Tenerife is an ideal getaway option, as it is heaven for mountain and beach lovers.
- Known for its remarkable diving sites and happening jazz nightlife, the Island is famously known for offering excellent watersport opportunities such as parascending, surfing, windsurfing, and jet-skiing.
- Mountain lovers can engage in adventurous activities like hiking, a cable car ride, and others. This place is ideal to visit with friends, family, and even kids!
Location - Tenerife is situated in the Atlantic Ocean opposite Africa’s Northwestern coast.
How to reach: By air - To reach Tenerife, take a flight from Tenerife South Airport or Tenerife North Airport at Los Rodeos. Once you have landed, Tenerife is located at a distance of 15-20 minutes from the ferry.
- Ibiza is one of Spain’s most famous Islands, the hub of nightclubs, beaches, and parties.
- If you’re paying your visit to Ibiza in the morning, do not forget to indulge in the delicious food served here or explore the carnival-style market to buy Spanish handicrafts.
- The best time to travel to this happening destination is 7:00 PM as the party starts to set during these hours and lasts till early morning.
- For a better experience, hiring a tour guide or buying a map from any stationery shop in Ibiza is best.
Location - Ibiza Island in Spain is located in the Balearic Sea.
How to reach:
By Air - Take a flight from Spain’s major cities, such as Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia, and reach your destination within 45 minutes to 1 hour.
By Ferry - To visit Ibiza, there are mainly two ports, Denia and Valencia, which take about 2-3 hours and 5-6 hours, respectively.
- Locally known as Minorca, Menorca is another sought-after Spanish Island flooded by tourists all around the year.
- Nestled in the Mediterranean sea, Menorca is an ideal getaway option for a serene beach holiday.
- Although this Island is comparatively less developed, it houses prehistoric monuments which date back to 1300 BC.
- You can grab quick meals in restaurants such as Restaurante Vegetariano Fang I Aram and Picnic.
Location - Menorca is located in the Mediterranean sea.
How to reach: By ferry - Visit Menorca by ferry from Barcelona and Valencia ports in mainland Spain.
- Known for its stark volcanic landscape, Lanzarote is another famous Island in Spain that dominates a major part of the place from the volcanic eruption held in the past.
- It is an integral part of the Island called Timanfaya National Park, which houses restaurants and bars in large numbers. Here meals are cooked using the heat coming from the underground volcano.
- Besides tasting the delicious volcanic cuisine and taking a dip into the volcanic landscapes, tourists can mark their presence at the famous Whales and Dolphins Museum for a spectacular view.
Location - Lanzarote is situated in the Atlantic Ocean which is 125 km away from the African coast and around 1000 km away from Spain's mainland.
How to reach - By ferry - Every week, about 4-5 ferries cross from Gran Canaria to Lanzarote. The famous Naviera Armas serves these. The total time to cover the distance is 6 hours 40 minutes.
- Popularly called the beautiful Spain Island, La Palma is one of Spain’s most mesmerizing Islands, ideally visited during summer to soak in natural sunlight.
- Excellent for hiking and walking tours, this place promises beautiful jungles, stunning volcanic vistas, and mesmerizing countryside views.
- The volcanic nature of the island creates an amazing ambiance that is a perfect example of natural beauty.
- With an excellent climate, La Palma is home to a huge number of banana crops, and a considerable amount of production of crops including avocados, mangoes, papayas, and rum.
Location - La Palma is situated in the North Atlantic Ocean opposite the Northwestern coast of Africa.
How to reach: By ferry - Take a ferry from the port of San Sebastián towards La Palma and reach your destination within 2 to 3 hours, based on the departure time.
- One of the windiest and the second largest Island in Spain is Fuerteventura Island, known for housing several adventurous water sports like water skiing, windsurfing, surfing, and jet skiing.
- Surrounded by beautiful white sand, turquoise water, and palm trees, this place makes an ideal destination for a relaxing vacation.
- If you want to indulge a bit in some exciting nightlife scenes, stay in Corralejo, which offers guests delicious food, and promises a comfortable stay and unlimited fun!
Location - Fuerteventura Island is located in the North Atlantic Ocean.
How to reach: By ferry - There is only one ferry that operates between Spain and Fuerteventura. The total duration is 36 hours.
- Known to be a protected national park, Ons Island is one of many Islands in Spain which can be visited by both ferry and boat.
- The Island houses several beaches and guesthouses making it an ideal spot for tiny vacations.
- The Island features marked trails for visitors to sit, relax, run, bird-watch and even bike. There are several unexplored beaches as well where you can spend some alone time.
Location - Ons Island is the main Island situated on the Ria de Pontevedra in Galicia, Spain.
How to reach: By ferry - Catch a ferry from Spain’s most known cities, including Barcelona, Dénia and Valencia, to four major Islands. The total time to cover this distance is around 30 hours.
- A popular destination in Spain, Cies Islands is an integral part of the Atlantic Ocean visited by thousands of visitors via ferry from Vigo.
- The best time to explore the pristine environment of the Cies Islands is between June and September.
- Since the Cies Islands feature three separate Islands, it is called Cies Archipelago. Two of these are connected together by a thin sand strip with water bodies on both sides.
Location - Cies Islands is located in the Atlantic Ocean
How to reach: By ferry - During summers, several companies conduct boat tours from the port of Vigo to the Cies. These ferries operate directly towards the Spain Islands of O Faro and Monte Agudo.
- The second smallest Island in Spain is La Gomera, located only 40 minutes away from Tenerife.
- While exploring the Island, get ready to spot some mesmerising volcanic landscapes and a ton of beaches covered with golden sand and lined by palm trees.
- The Island also features several mountains and valleys, promising a wholesome experience for everyone.
- Several luxury hotels are constructed overlooking the Atlantic Ocean at the La Gomera. Besides this, the place also houses several historical sites and architectural marvels.
Location - La Gomera Island is located in the Atlantic Ocean.
How to reach: By ferry - Take a ferry from Los Cristianos towards the port of San Sebastián. The total time to cover this distance is between 50 to 55 minutes.
- Known to be one of the tiniest Spanish Islands, El Hierro Island is a renowned Island that draws the attention of visitors throughout the year.
- It is a Canary Island which is volcanic in origin and features steep mountains craving a spectacular view to behold tourists.
- The Island also features a ferry terminal and a small airport for easy accommodation.
- Most people travelling to El Hierro Island visit the Island by flight and take a ferry from Tenerife. In all, it is a perfect space to dive into the explored beauty of nature and indulge in mouth-watering Spanish food.
Location - El Hierro is situated in the Southwest part of the Archipelago.
How to reach: By air - The fastest way to travel to El Hierro is via plane as there are direct flights from Gran Canaria and Tenerife. You will reach your destination within an hour based on the departure time.
- Informally known as the Canaries, the Canary is a group of Islands located in the Atlantic Ocean, close to the African mainland.
- The Islands boast a population of more than 2.2 million people offering enough space to enjoy the beaches and relax at hotels.
- Canary features eight main Islands, including Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, El Hierro, La Graciosa, La Palma, and La Gomera.
- Besides these, there are several smaller Islands as well, including Montaña Clara, Roque del Oeste, Alegranza, Isla de Lobos, and Roque del Este.
- If you’re craving a fun-filled vacation, Canary Island is the best to explore during the summertime.
Location - Canary Island is located in the Atlantic Ocean, in Macaronesia.
How to reach: By air - The best way to reach Canary Island is to take a flight from Spain. It takes about 4 hours to cover the total distance.
- Although La Graciosa Island in Spain is only 5 miles long, the place is home to some incredible Spanish bars and restaurants serving authentic delicacies.
- If you’re tired of the crowded beaches of Ibiza or the happening nightlife of Fuerteventura, it’s time to spend some relaxing days at La Graciosa.
- The place features jaw-dropping landscapes and magnificent beaches, making it an ideal getaway option for a sunny vacation.
Location - La Graciosa is located in the North of Lanzarote.
How to reach: By ferry - Take a ferry from Órzola in Lanzarote and visit La Graciosa Island within 25 minutes only.
- Craving for an exciting beach vacation? Gran Canaria is one of Spain’s largest and most developed cities, ideal for families, adventure seekers, and friends.
- Located in the Mediterranean sea, this Spanish Island houses several exciting landscapes, mountain biking trails, bewildering sand dunes, magnificent beaches, and a spectacular marine world.
- If you’re an adventure enthusiast, the place has a handful of exciting options, such as surfing schools, golf arenas, diving spots, and others for an exotic vacation.
- Hands down, Gran Canaria, is one of Spain’s most enthralling and fun destinations!
Location - Gran Canaria is located in the Mediterranean sea.
How to reach: By ferry - Take a ferry from the port of Huelva and reach Gran Canaria. The total time to cover this distance is 33 hours.