Timings: The morning session starts at 8 AM and the afternoon session starts at 2 PM.
India is a country with naturally lofty hills, as well as two huge mountain ranges: the Western Ghats and Himalayas. This makes India a perfect land for paragliding. For those living or visiting the western reaches of India, Kamshet and nearby destinations are the ideal spots of paragliding, in Maharashtra. Kamshet is a beautiful destination located at about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune that is decked with the beauty of the Sahyadri Ranges and valleys.
After a quick briefing session by instructors about the activity, a group of professionals help gliders get adjusted onto the paraglider. Once that's done, the fun begins! The experience of the picturesque view of Sahyadri Ranges and the cool breeze brushing against gliders makes the adventure more thrilling.
The short fly will be for 5 to 6 minutes depending on weather conditions. You will get to enjoy a birds-eye view of the beautiful hills. The take-off point is at Kamshet, which is a popular offbeat paragliding site. Kamshet paragliding is suitable for the age group of 6 years onward. A two-seater plane will take you high up in the air from where you can take your paragliding flight with a certified instructor.
Eligibility for Kamshet paragliding:
Minimum - 6 years
Children - 6 years to 18 years (Mandatory that the Children in this age range are accompanied by their Parents/Guardian)
Adults- No age limit
Weight limit for Paragliding in Kamsheet: Maximum 95 KG
The timings depend on the wind flow and any changes in the above-mentioned schedule will be communicated at the site.
The elderly with the medical conditions need to report the same to the operator at the site.
How to reach:
Kamshet is a beautiful destination located at about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune. One can reach Kamshet via public or private transport. The exact google map location will be shared with the customer on the date of the activity, depending upon the weather of that day.
- Enjoy a 3-day fun filled learning period with the introductory paragliding course in Kamshet. A team of professional pilots will train to make your skyward quest easy and rewarding. On this course, there is no prior experience needed to realize the exhilaration of free flight. Over moments of fun, challenges, and learning, you’ll be soaked with information on flying techniques, equipment usage, handling, safety measures through classroom and practical sessions including training simulator.
- At first, you’ll start training on flat ground. Meet your course mates, instructors, and get familiar with the equipment, glider controls under strict supervision. You’ll get personal attention to help graduate to level 2. Your training will be complimented with Ground School classes to understand relevant concepts. Participating in a Training Simulator session makes it easy for you to acquire flying skills.
- Upon clearing take-off and landing techniques, you’re ready for your first solo flight on nursery slopes with instructor support. This is the moment of truth, as you transcend to levels above the comfort of the ground below. Your instructor for certification would vet your flying and written tests to award the ‘Student Pilot’ Rating. This qualifies you for the next level, P2 (Open Sky Pilot).
Weight: Above 45kg
- Batches start every Monday and Friday for the 3 day course.
- Your time slot will be booked based on weather conditions
- Quality checked equipment with high safety measures
- Training supervised and conducted by qualified pilots.
- Student Pilot certification post course completion
- Flying site - among India's top training hills
About the Activity:
Tandem paragliding in Kamshet or the mecca of adrenaline junkies, is the best way to spend your weekend! Located at a height of about 2,200 ft above sea level, this adventure hub has a wide expanse of luscious, thick greens surrounded by placid lakes and hilly terrains, all combined to take your breath away! Located about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune, acrobatics tandem joyride in Kamshet lures adventure lovers to the paragliding paradise for a ride of a lifetime!
Soar through the skies and enjoying the captivating aerial views! Tandem paragliding in Kamshet is the place for you to give wings to your dream of flying amidst the clouds. Join this 20 minutes enthralling flight and manoeuvre through the azure sky! Trained pilots are at the ready to take you on an adventure joyride and perform different exciting acrobatic moves in the air. To name a few, there are the SAT, Spiral, Wing Overs, Ridge Dancing and a few others based on your stamina and the weather!
- Drive around 45km from Pune and have a tryst with the captivating beauty of the Western Ghats.
- Give wings to your flight of dreams while paragliding in Kamshet.
- Indulge in tandem or special tandem flights and enjoy your flight for around 15 minutes.
- Fly high above the ground and enjoy the bird's eye views of Kamshet's untouched beauty.
- Also, customise the flight according to your need and requirement; anniversaries, birthday celebrations or other events.
Temperature Range: 20 to 36 Degrees.