Paragliding in Panchgani
Duration: 10- 20 minutes
Panchgani is located in the middle of five of the fascinating hills of the Sahyadri Ranges. It is one of the best places to go and avail adventure activities as you will be able to gaze the panoramic views of the beauty of nature around. Paragliding in Panchgani is an exciting activity where you will be able to gain 360-degree views of the place and feel like a bird. Fall from high above and let the adrenaline rush in your body.
Paragliding is a thrilling activity and with this package, you can avail any of the one options available that you feel suits you best. Classic Tandem, Instructional Tandem, and Acro Tandem are the available options. With this activity, the security is ensured to the fullest with the use of high-quality equipment. There are trained instructors that will help you with the briefing. Book Panchgani Paragliding now and create worth-sharing memories for you.
How To Reach Panchgani Paragliding Site:
Children under the age of 10 years are not allowed to avail the activity.
Essential Information About Paragliding in Panchgani
2. Bhilar, Khinger and Tapola are the three most popular paragliding destinations in Panchgani.
3. In Panchgani, you can participate or indulge in two different types of flight: tandem and solo.
4. In both the flights, you can reach up to a height of 4,000 to 5,000ft.
5. In order to take a flight, you must carry a 'fit to fly' certificate from your physician.
6. The flights usually lasts for around 30 minutes.
Types of Paragliding in Panchgani
1. Tandem Jump: Ideal for the beginners, these type of jumps are always accompanied by a trained or well-skilled pilot. The participants are usually harnessed with the pilot through a tandem that holds both of them firm while in the air.
While within the air, the participant only need to enjoy the flight as the pilot controls or manoeuvres the entire flight; from the dive to the landing. Though no prior experience is required for a tandem jump, it is always advisable to come prepared along with a fitness certificate from the physician.
2. Solo Jump: Within these flights, the participant go solo and has to control the glider throughout the process. Prior experience along with the certificate to fly is mandatory for solo flights.
Some of the paragliding camps in Panchgani also offer various courses related to the activity. Usually organised over the weekends, these courses offers a basic introduction to paragliding, elementary courses and advanced courses on paragliding.
Paragliding Packages Near Panchgani
Timings: The morning session starts at 8 AM and the afternoon session starts at 2 PM.
India is a country with naturally lofty hills, as well as two huge mountain ranges: the Western Ghats and Himalayas. This makes India a perfect land for paragliding. For those living or visiting the western reaches of India, Kamshet and nearby destinations are the ideal spots of paragliding, in Maharashtra. Kamshet is a beautiful destination located at about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune that is decked with the beauty of the Sahyadri Ranges and valleys.
After a quick briefing session by instructors about the activity, a group of professionals help gliders get adjusted onto the paraglider. Once that's done, the fun begins! The experience of the picturesque view of Sahyadri Ranges and the cool breeze brushing against gliders makes the adventure more thrilling.
The short fly will be for 5 to 6 minutes depending on weather conditions. You will get to enjoy a birds-eye view of the beautiful hills. The take-off point is at Kamshet, which is a popular offbeat paragliding site. Kamshet paragliding is suitable for the age group of 6 years onward. A two-seater plane will take you high up in the air from where you can take your paragliding flight with a certified instructor.
Eligibility for Kamshet paragliding:
Minimum - 6 years
Children - 6 years to 18 years (Mandatory that the Children in this age range are accompanied by their Parents/Guardian)
Adults- No age limit
Weight limit for Paragliding in Kamsheet: Maximum 95 KG
The timings depend on the wind flow and any changes in the above-mentioned schedule will be communicated at the site.
The elderly with the medical conditions need to report the same to the operator at the site.
How to reach:
Kamshet is a beautiful destination located at about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune. One can reach Kamshet via public or private transport. The exact google map location will be shared with the customer on the date of the activity, depending upon the weather of that day.
A beautiful hill station located in the Western Ghats of India, Kamshet is calling you for an adventurous getaway where you can get the taste of thrill and adventure. The site owns a lake in the vicinity and is home to natural beauty you will fall in love with. Surrounding tall trees add to the lush green beauty that the site beholds. Head out for a perfect outing with your friends and family members.
The property allows you to stay in camps on a sharing basis. The tents are on a shared basis and shared between two to three people. Being nestled in a prominent spot, you will be able to view the mesmerising beauty of nature from tents. The stay comes with mattresses, pillows, and blankets and provides utmost comfort to all. The site also features common washrooms that are clean and hygienic.
Avail a thrilling paragliding activity with your visit. If you wish to see how birds view the world, paragliding will help you. Here, you would also be able to avail kayaking wherein you can get through the gushing waters and let the adrenaline rush. Apart from this, you can also swim in the lake, go for a short hike in the woods and sit by the bonfire in the evening. Tea and snacks, unlimited dinner, morning tea with cookies and lunch on both days come included with Kamshet paragliding and camping package.
- Enjoy a 3-day fun filled learning period with the introductory paragliding course in Kamshet. A team of professional pilots will train to make your skyward quest easy and rewarding. On this course, there is no prior experience needed to realize the exhilaration of free flight. Over moments of fun, challenges, and learning, you’ll be soaked with information on flying techniques, equipment usage, handling, safety measures through classroom and practical sessions including training simulator.
- At first, you’ll start training on flat ground. Meet your course mates, instructors, and get familiar with the equipment, glider controls under strict supervision. You’ll get personal attention to help graduate to level 2. Your training will be complimented with Ground School classes to understand relevant concepts. Participating in a Training Simulator session makes it easy for you to acquire flying skills.
- Upon clearing take-off and landing techniques, you’re ready for your first solo flight on nursery slopes with instructor support. This is the moment of truth, as you transcend to levels above the comfort of the ground below. Your instructor for certification would vet your flying and written tests to award the ‘Student Pilot’ Rating. This qualifies you for the next level, P2 (Open Sky Pilot).
Weight: Above 45kg
- Batches start every Monday and Friday for the 3 day course.
- Your time slot will be booked based on weather conditions
- Quality checked equipment with high safety measures
- Training supervised and conducted by qualified pilots.
- Student Pilot certification post course completion
- Flying site - among India's top training hills
About the Activity:
Tandem paragliding in Kamshet or the mecca of adrenaline junkies, is the best way to spend your weekend! Located at a height of about 2,200 ft above sea level, this adventure hub has a wide expanse of luscious, thick greens surrounded by placid lakes and hilly terrains, all combined to take your breath away! Located about 110km from Mumbai and 45km from Pune, acrobatics tandem joyride in Kamshet lures adventure lovers to the paragliding paradise for a ride of a lifetime!
Soar through the skies and enjoying the captivating aerial views! Tandem paragliding in Kamshet is the place for you to give wings to your dream of flying amidst the clouds. Join this 20 minutes enthralling flight and manoeuvre through the azure sky! Trained pilots are at the ready to take you on an adventure joyride and perform different exciting acrobatic moves in the air. To name a few, there are the SAT, Spiral, Wing Overs, Ridge Dancing and a few others based on your stamina and the weather!
- Drive around 45km from Pune and have a tryst with the captivating beauty of the Western Ghats.
- Give wings to your flight of dreams while paragliding in Kamshet.
- Indulge in tandem or special tandem flights and enjoy your flight for around 15 minutes.
- Fly high above the ground and enjoy the bird's eye views of Kamshet's untouched beauty.
- Also, customise the flight according to your need and requirement; anniversaries, birthday celebrations or other events.
Temperature Range: 20 to 36 Degrees.
Fixed departure dates: 22nd January, 2017
- Make use of this ideal opportunity to indulge in an exhilarating paragliding activity near Kamshet with this one day package.
- Whether you are an expert or a novice, this guided activity will enable you to experience the unfathomable fun in the blue sky in an exotic way.
- Fly like a pro without any training or experience for 15 minutes and witness the mind blowing sites down.
- The beautiful hills, fields, cityscapes and much more become visible as you soar through the clouds while the pilot do the riding.
- The package includes food and transportation from Mumbai to the location and return.
About the Activity:
- Paragliding adventure at Kamshet, is one step ahead all the remaining adventurous activity! Enthrall in this delightful tour with friends and family for an unparalleled experience.
- Fulfil- your childhood desire of flying like birds. Indulge in an exciting paragliding adventure that takes you on a flying tour and provides you with the best views of this small hill-station.
- Relax yourself with a refreshing swim, indulge in a Kayaking adventure. You can also trek in the woods to enjoy the nature from close.
- A perfect trip that provides you with your required break from the humdrums of city life – embark on this adventure of paragliding in Kamshet.
Meal Types: Breakfast, lunch, dinner (Vegetarian)
Accommodation Types: Stay at Hotel Rangoli
Transportation Types: Public Transport (depends on number of people)
Activities: Paragliding, swim, campfire, kayaking, short hike in the woods.
Difficulty Level: Easy
About the Activity:
- Reach Kamshet near Lonavala for an outstanding paragliding experience with the assistance of expert guides.
- Indulge in the exhilarating activity without having previous experience or learning it.
- The activity happens either in the mornings or after sunset and engage in the adventure with the help of expert pilots and well set equipment.
- The time duration of paragliding will be different and the costs also differ according to the duration.