1. Pawna Lake: This is an artificial lake that stands out for its enchanting landscape and crystal clear water. The lake is located on the Pawna Dam and includes historically significant forts such as Tikona Fort, Lohagad Fort, Visapur Fort, and Tung Fort. It is surrounded by lush green trees and high towering hills, making it an absolute paradise for nature lovers. The lake is an ideal spot for camping, rappelling, zip-lining, and fishing. Many birds migrate here from June to August, making it a must-visit spot for birdwatching enthusiasts.
- Location: Pawna Lake, Lonavala, Maharashtra
2. Bhairi Caves: This beautiful cave is situated on the high rocks of Kamshet and is renowned for animal sacrificing that still takes place here. It is surrounded by twin forts of Shrivardhan, Rajmachi, and Manoranjan. You can spot a few utensils inside the cave, and it is believed that whosoever tries to steal them is punished by God and is thrown in the adjacent valley. You can reach the cave by hiking through rocky terrain. You will be rewarded with spell-binding and majestic views after reaching the cave.
- Location: Sahyadris, Kamshet, Maharashtra
3. Bhandar Dongar: Surrounded by plush and dense surroundings, Bhandar Dongar is a picturesque retreat for nature lovers. It is one of the most popular paragliding destinations in Maharashtra, with perfect gliding conditions and less sloppy terrains. Many flying schools are also located here where you can learn about the skills of paragliding. It is also known as Temple Hill as it houses an ancient temple Sant Tukaram whose rustic presence adds up to the heavenly allure of this place.
- Location: 33kms from Kamshet
4. Ekvira: This ancient temple was constructed in the second century and is renowned for its breathtaking architecture and brilliant design. It is a revered site for the fishermen tribe of the Koli region. The temple is dedicated to goddess Ekvira and can be reached after ascending five hundred steps. You can learn about the Buddhist culture at this temple. On festive occasions like Chaitra and Navratri, the temple is frequented by devotees from all around the world.
- Location: 23kms from Kamshet
- Timing: 5 am to 12 pm & 4 pm to 9 pm
5. Andra Valley Dam: Andra Valley Dam is a historical landmark renowned for its appealing beauty and serene charm. It is one of the most picturesque destinations in Kamshet, where you can soak in the blissful views, admire the calm water and palm trees, and witness the magical sunset and sunrise. This humongous dam is located on the Andra river and is a great place for people to enjoy a leisurely stroll and relax and unwind.
- Location: Pune, 412106, Maharashtra
6. Kondeshwar Temple: This temple is located amidst a dense forest and can be reached after a rocky hike. It exhibits the Hemadpanti style of architecture and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Constructed using black stones and floral motifs, this temple never fails to astonish the visitors with its alluring beauty. There are several other shrines located in the vicinity, making it a spiritual abode for the devotees. You can enjoy a splendid view of the cascading waterfall and a pond from this temple.
- Location: Badlapur, Maharashtra
- Timing: Every day 5 am- 12 pm, 4 pm- 9 pm
7. Uksan Lake: If you're looking for a blissful and peaceful escape from the humdrum of city life, Uksan Lake should be your ideal destination. It is surrounded by lush green forests and magnanimous hills, making it an ethereal site for the visitors. You can enjoy hiking, night camping, swimming, and rock climbing. You can also sit by the beautiful lake and hear the water rustling, or you can enjoy barbeque while soaking in the spell-binding views.
- Location: 14kms from Kamshet
8. Bhaje Waterfalls: These humongous waterfalls have been named after the Bhaje caves. You can hike up the hill, take a dive in the sea or set up a camp beside the gushing waterfalls. You have to take a steep walk of thirty minutes to reach this waterfall from Bhaje Village. It is also considered to be an ideal site for rappelling and swimming.
- Location: Bhaje Caves Road, Khandala, Lonavala 412106 India