Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Most Popular Places Around Hampi
More Things to do in Hampi
Listings in Hampi
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
|2. Hampi Heritage Trek & Camping with Bouldering - Charges: 3299 INR|
Hampi has great and comfortable resorts to stay. Click here to know more:
1.Heritage Resort - Price: Starting from INR 3700.
2.Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village -Price: Starting at INR 2700
3.Evolve back Resort- Price: Starting at INR 31000
4.Hampi's Boulders Resort - Price: Starting at INR 9000.
5.Leo Wooden Resort- Price: Starting at INR 4000.
Hampi is famous for the numerous ruins which belong to the erstwhile medieval Hindu kingdom of Vijayanagara. Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it remains an important spiritual centre with a wide number of ancient religious architecture and temples dotting the city. It is also famous for:
1. Monolithic sculptures
2. Religious monuments
3. Natural rock and boulder formations
4. Skilled workmanship
5. Ruins of royal residences
6. 7th and 8th-century temples
Essentially, while visiting Hampi, you need a maximum of three to four days to explore the whole city, along with Hippie Island.
Hampi does not have a beach of its own. Tourists can, however, spend some time in the area surrounding Sanapur Lake.
Hampi is a great place for solo travellers. Travelling alone here is a peaceful adventure that is sure to relax and soothe your mind. There are many Places to Visit in Hampi, which are considered fit for both solo as well as group travellers.
There is quite a lot one can do in Hampi at night. Some of these are as follows:
1. Hang out at one of the many late-night cafes and restaurants in Hampi and Hippie Island, while feasting on delicious food and beer. Some of these cafes, like Temptations, Laughing Buddha Café, and Funky Monkey Restaurant also have music gigs, games and a lot more to offer.
2. Take the Hampi by night tour, and visit some of the best Hampi Tourist places. You can see the beauty of attractions like Virupaksha Temple, Vishnu Temple, Sugriva Caves, the ancient bridge, Varaha Temple, Achyutaraya Temple, Lotus Mahal and the elephant stables, among others. Every monument has a laser light and sound show as well.
3. Relax in a hut on Hippie Island, or go for a homestay here.
4. Spend time with other tourists while attending the music sessions at Sunset Point on Hippie Island.
The best time to visit Hampi is between the months of October and March. The climate during this time is quite cool as well as pleasant, which makes it great for exploring the city and going for outdoor sightseeing.
Moreover, one can also visit the Hippie Island during this time because the Tungabhadra River is calm. Tourists can also celebrate the famous Vijay Utsav along with locals in the month of November.
July is a good time to visit Hampi and see its many monuments. Although it is the monsoon season in this region during July, Hampi generally receives low to average rainfall at this time.
Moreover, the occasional bouts of rainfall make the ancient village come to life while making the weather bearable for travelling.
Hampi is a place which can catch anyone off-guard. It is a magical place which will transport you to the bygone eras of huge kingdoms and empires. Offering spectacular views of nature interwoven with a rich history, Hampi is the best place if you wish to get away from the fast and busy city life.
It is definitely worth visiting if you wish to have a one-on-one experience with nature and get immersed in the tranquillity that Hampi is so famous for.
There are many Places to Visit in Hampi.
For a two-day trip, you can cover the following on day one:
1. Virupaksha Temple
2. Monolith Bull
3. Elephant Stables
4. Stepped Tank
5. Lotus mahal
6. Hampi bazaar
On day two, you can visit:
1. Take a Coracle Ride in Tungabhadra River
2. Anegondi Village
3. Trek at Anjaneya Hills
4. Hanuman Temple/ Monkey Temple
5. Ride across Pampa Sarovar