Beas Kund Trek Highlights
- Embark on this thrilling Beas Kund Trek, that lets you conquer the maximum altitude of 12,772 ft
- Catch the glimpses of the beautiful Beas river, nestled in between the tall mountain peaks of Pir Panjal
- This trekking experience offers the summit views of the biggest mountains around Manali
- Traverse through the big grasslands of Bakarthach and Dhundhi and absorb the best of nature!
- Walk on the trails of ancient deodar trees, that creates a dense coniferous forest for you to explore
Beas Kund Trek Overview
About the trek:
Embark on an enthralling trekking expedition with this Beas Kund Trek that lets you traverse through the lush green grasslands and tall mountains of this scenic location, Manali. Soothe your senses with the views of the picturesque lake through which the river Beas emerges and spot a contrasting sight of the crystal clear waters of the river, based amidst the eye-catching mountain peaks of Pir Panjal.Conquer the mighty mountains of Himachal Pradesh and reach an altitude of 3,810 meters to catch glimpses of summit views of big mountains of Manali like Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, Ladakhi and Hanuman Tibba. Besides, you can treat your eyes with the rare glimpses of Mt Indrasen, Deo Tibba and more such peaks from the Pir Panjal range, if you are fortunate enough. Enjoy a delightful camping session during the thrilling trekking expedition, when you spend the chilly night stargazing at the vast expanse of star-studded night skies in your tent.
Start Point/End Point: Trek starts from Old Manali and ends at Solang Valley
Start Time/End Time: The trek starts at 10:00 AM (Day 1) and ends around 2:00 PM (Day 3).
- Stay: Dome tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Highly experienced guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
- Trekking distance: 16 km
- Maximum Altitude:12,772 ft
- Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- Electricity: There will be no electricity at the campsite on the trek.
- ATM: Manali is the last point where you will get ATM
How to reach:
You have to report at the camps at Old Manali which is also the starting point of the trek and it is around 12 km from Mall Road of Manali. Many local means of transport and private cabs are available from Mall Road to reach Old Manali.
More Details about Beas Kund Trek
Know Before You Go for Beas Kund Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
Things To Carry for Beas Kund Trek
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf