Popular Mcleodganj Packages
Mcleodganj Tour Packages
|4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 16250.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 15500.0|
|7 Days / 6 Nights||₹ 17199.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 26300.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 27799.0|
McLeodganj, also known as Little Lhasa is a suburb of Dharamshala in Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is a hill station near Dharamshala that has a beautiful blend of Tibetan with some British influence and culture. This little city is famous around the world for being the home to the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama and Mcleodganj tour packages are also counted among the best packages and are popular amongst trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. It is a beautiful town situated near upper Dharamsala and is nestled amidst majestic hills and lush greenery. It has one of the most mesmerizing landscapes in the entire state of Himachal Pradesh and attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year.
Tour to Mcleodganj is often coupled with trips to Dharamshala, Bhagsu Nag and Kangra Valley that are situated very close to each other. Tourists often cover all these destinations at one go. The specially of Mcleodganj is that it is a very spiritual and sacred town. Some of the most eminent and religiously significant monasteries including the Namgyal Monastery and Tsuglagkhang, where the spiritual leader Dalai Lama resides are located in this mighty land. Bot, national as well as international travelers, especially Buddhist followers are often spotted here.
Browse Top Mcleodganj Packages by Theme: Mcleodganj Family Packages, Mcleodganj Honeymoon Packages, Mcleodganj Group Packages, Mcleodganj Luxury Packages
Browse Top Himachal Destination Packages: Himachal Pradesh Tour Packages, Manali Tour Packages, Shimla Tour Packages, Dalhousie Tour Packages, Dharamshala Tour Packages, Kasauli Tour Packages, Himachal Honeymoon Packages, Shimla Honeymoon Packages, Manali Honeymoon Packages, Dalhousie Honeymoon Packages, Dharamshala Honeymoon Packages, Kasauli Honeymoon Packages
1. Summer Season (April –June): The usual temperature during summer season hovers between 22°C and 32°C. The flowers are in full bloom and one can indulge in numerous outdoor activities, such as trekking and camping.
2. Monsoon Season (July – September): It is not recommended to visit Mcleodganj during monsoon. It is a hilly region, and thus, there are chances of landslides and bad weather conditions.
3. Winter Season (October – January): The best time to visit Mcleodganj is during this time. The town looks dreamy under the blankets of snow during December and January. The temperature goes below zero at this time of the year.
4. Spring Season (February – March): The weather is refreshing at this time of the year. The warm and golden afternoon of the spring sun will rejuvenate your body and soul instantly.
How to Reach Mcleodganj
By Train: The nearest major railway station to Mcleodganj is Pathankot Railway Station, which is approximately 85 km away. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Mcleodganj.
By Car: Mcleodganj is well connected by road and you can reach there by hiring a taxi or driving your own vehicle. The drive from Delhi to Mcleodganj is approximately 500 km and takes around 12 hours.
By Bus: The nearest major bus stop to Mcleodganj is Dharamshala Bus Stand, which is approximately 10 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a local bus to reach Mcleodganj. Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) and private operators operate regular bus services to Dharamshala from major cities in the region.
1. Bhagsunath Waterfall & Temple: The majestic Bhagsu waterfalls are situated near the Bhagsunath village which is about 7000 feet above the sea level. Bhagsunath temple is the prime attraction of this high altitude place. The stunning waterfalls located near the temple is an extreme grandeur. The breathtaking view of the surrounding Kangra valley is not to be missed by any adventure fanatic or nature lover.
2. Namgyal Monastery: Namgyal Monastery, also known as Dalai Lama Main Temple, is well known for its serene ambiance where visitors get a touch of spirituality. Anyone visiting this place is welcomed to join their meditation sessions. The monastery is famous for its ornamental façade and is also the largest Tibetan temple outside Tibet.
3. Tsuglagkhang Complex: Just above the town of Dharamshala, is Tsuglagkhang, the place which is the home of the Dalai Lama. Apart from his residence, this complex also houses Tsuglagkhang Temple, Namgyal Monastery, and Tibet Museum. The entire complex, except for Dalai Lama’s residence is open to tourists. The Complex houses a beautiful statue of Lord Buddha as well as statues of Chenrezig and Guru Rinpoche. The museum inside Tsuglagkhang houses many imprints of Tibetan art and culture giving an insight into Tibetan Culture. The various items include historical documents, pottery, handicrafts, paintings, etc. The structure of the Tibet Museum is influenced by Tibetan architecture which has made it unique.
4. Dhauladhar Range: This beautiful range is a part of the Himalayan chain of mountains rising from the plain and ends at the north of Kangra and Mandi. The highest peak in the range is the Hanuman Tibba. The name Dhauladhar translates into as ‘ White Range ‘ and the snow-clad mountain range with its panoramic views justifies the name. The range provides a flattering view of the Kully valley and is spotted covered with Pine and Deodar trees which are covered with snow.
5. St. John in the Wilderness Church: St. John in the Wilderness is one of the most important churches in Himachal Pradesh. This neo-gothic church was built in dedication to John the Baptist. Set amidst deodar forests, this peaceful place of worship is known for its Belgian stained-glass windows.
6. Tibetan Museum: The Tibetan Museum in Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh, is a must-visit for those interested in Tibetan culture and history. The museum showcases the rich cultural heritage of Tibet through a collection of artifacts, photographs, and manuscripts. Visitors can gain a deeper understanding of the Tibetan people and their struggle for freedom through the exhibits on display.
1. Camping at Mcleodganj: McLeodganj successfully magnetizes tourists every year for trekking and camping in the Dhauladhar Mountains and surrounding valleys and regions. Camping in McLeod Ganj amidst lush green nature with the view of the majestic Dhauladhar Mountains can be an amazing experience.
2. Triund Hill Trek: Triund trek is regarded as an easy Himalayan trek and is considered as the right choice for a beginner. The whole trek is nearly 9 km and out of that 4 km is a steep but easy climb. However, the last 2 km can be a bit tough for some. Visitors get relief from the steep climb when they reach the refreshing walks amongst rhododendron and oak trees. The trail is famous for its 22 curves. The breathtaking view of the Kangra valley and the snow-covered Dhauladhar ranges makes it worth the effort of trekking. The night is spent at a camp at the highest summit which is a part of the Mcleodganj tour package.
3. Shopping at the local markets: McLeodganj is famous for Tibetan items such as prayer items, a statue of Buddha, carpets and rugs, dresses, paintings, wooden carvings, and woolens. These are available in the local markets of Jogibara Bazar and Kotwali Bazar. Tourists love to collect souvenirs from these markets during the Mcleodganj tour.
4. Kareri River Trek: The Kareri River Trek as a part of the Mcleodganj tour package takes the visitors to the Kareri Lake, formed from the flow of melted waters of the Mankind Peak of the Dhauladhar range. The trek is through alpine grassland and subtropical forests. The subtropical forests along the Kareri River are home to several Himalayan birds and animals. On the trek, trekkers will also encounter shepherd villages, cattle grazing farms, and a Lord Shiva temple. The trek can be completed in 2 days and includes a night at a camp near the lake.
Browse through a wide range of Shimla Trip Packages offered by various cities: Himachal Tour Package From Bangalore, Himachal Tour Package From Delhi, Himachal Tour Package From Mumbai, Himachal Tour Package From Chennai, Himachal Tour Package From Kolkata, Himachal Tour Package From Hyderabad, Himachal Tour Package From Pune, Himachal Tour Packages From Ahmedabad, Himachal Tour Packages From Chandigarh, Himachal Tour Packages From Surat
Bigger Group? Get special offers upto 50% off!
We create unforgettable adventures, customised for your group.